PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon Press Conference Aberdeen Match

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Just watched Neil Lennons press conference for the upcoming Scottish League Cup Quarter final versus Aberdeen all the interviewer wanted to talk about was the problems at Celtic certainly made for car crash viewing Its HIBS TV ffs!

https://youtu.be/Gf3LuYfCpdM

we are hibs
25-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Don't think it was car crash viewing. He just told the reporters what he should have done ages ago. He's hibs manager he is at his pre match press conference to talk about the hibs game.
Wish he would do it more often.

Allant1981
25-09-2018, 08:17 AM
at least he set them straight with the celtic questions

Allant1981
25-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Just watched Neil Lennons press conference for the upcoming Scottish League Cup Quarter final versus Aberdeen all the interviewer wanted to talk about was the problems at Celtic certainly made for car crash viewing Its HIBS TV ffs!

it wasnt hibs tv, it was the national press asking questions

hibby rae
25-09-2018, 08:30 AM
at least he set them straight with the celtic questions

Looked to me like he was getting quite annoyed at it. Don't think he actually cares too much about what is happening there, especially before our biggest domestic game of the season so far.

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Hibs TV wouldn't ask those questions, Billy.

It was his pre-match presser. It was the BBC asking about Celtc.

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Hibs TV wouldn't ask those questions, Billy.

It was his pre-match presser. It was the BBC asking about Celtc.

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate!

That explains everything - OF obsessed West Coast journos!

Just aboot spat oot ma cornflakes this morning .

A lot of unhappy hibbies posting on the you tube link.

Fingers crossed for tonight

Cmon the HIBS !

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Cheers mate!

That explains everything - OF obsessed West Coast journos!

Just aboot spat oot ma cornflakes this morning .

A lot of unhappy hibbies posting on the you tube link.

Fingers crossed for tonight

Cmon the HIBS !

The headlines are "Lennon backs Celtc to bounce back" on the back of that interview.

Pathetic.

Crunchie
25-09-2018, 09:49 AM

He looked pretty miffed at being asked about them all the time, he should just categorically tell them he's not talking about them full stop unless we're actually playing them.

Spike Mandela
25-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Thought he dealt with it well.

wpj
25-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Thought he dealt with it well.

Indeed, I am happy with his response. The journalists should be embarrassed with their pish questions

DarlingtonHibee
25-09-2018, 10:34 AM
I thought he stayed very calm with all the celtic questions. He is a great manager, long may he be with us. I think he likes the structure of the club and no bull**** from the fans, unlike the bigot team.

Tinribs
25-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Thought he was going to go for the boy who asked about McGregor in an arsey way.

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 10:55 AM
This is the BBCs real agenda at our press conferences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45630885

Scott Allan Key
25-09-2018, 10:56 AM
The headlines are "Lennon backs Celtc to bounce back" on the back of that interview.

Pathetic.

Which is of course, boll***s, as they are our title rivals.

green day
25-09-2018, 11:00 AM
At 1.29 of a 10 minute press conference, he said "you are asking the wrong man, I am not the manager of Celtic". At 1.47 he was asked another question and said "Brian I am not sitting here talking about Celtic".

Lennon dealt with it well, its unsurprising that he gets asked these questions, given his history and success at that club.

He cant simply ignore questions that are posed to him, however IMO he dealt with it well.

Overall a good press conference:aok:

Scott Allan Key
25-09-2018, 11:04 AM

Pathetic.

Which is of course, boll***s, as they are title rivals.

WhileTheChief..
25-09-2018, 11:17 AM
At 1.29 of a 10 minute press conference, he said "you are asking the wrong man, I am not the manager of Celtic". At 1.47 he was asked another question and said "Brian I am not sitting here talking about Celtic".

Lennon dealt with it well, its unsurprising that he gets asked these questions, given his history and success at that club.

He cant simply ignore questions that are posed to him, however IMO he dealt with it well.

Overall a good press conference:aok:

Agreed.

The OP should have listened to the whole thing instead of spitting out his cornflakes!

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Agreed.

The OP should have listened to the whole thing instead of spitting out his cornflakes!
Just aboot spat oot ma cornflakes ! :greengrin

Tuned in in looking for info on our biggest domestic match of the season tonight against Aberdeen i.e.
who is fit/ injured possible starting eleven thoughts on the opposition not questions on Celtic or Neil McCann which to me are totally irrelevant and quite rightly obviously pissed off Neil Lennon as they are nothing at all to do with Hibernian Football Club or the big match tonight.

Breakfast perfectly digested thank you.

Actually it wasn’t Cornflakes just used that as a turn of phrase as it is apparently a HIBS.net expression :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Just aboot spat oot ma cornflakes ! :greengrin

Tuned in in looking for info on our biggest domestic match of the season tonight against Aberdeen i.e.
who is fit/ injured possible starting eleven thoughts on the opposition not questions on Celtic or Neil McCann which to me are totally irrelevant and quite rightly obviously pissed off Neil Lennon as they are nothing at all to do with Hibernian Football Club or the big match tonight.

Breakfast perfectly digested thank you.

Actually it wasn’t Cornflakes just used that as a turn of phrase as it is apparently a HIBS.net expression :greengrin

Come on man , FFS!

If it wasn't cornflakes, what was it?

The world is waiting on tenterhooks.

And don't give it the, "I'm not sitting here talking about breakfast cereals, Brian" pish. For one thing, my name's not Brian and secondly, we want to judge you on your breakfast choices.

Spill ...

SirDavidsNapper
25-09-2018, 12:14 PM
This is the BBCs real agenda at our press conferences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45630885

I like how he didn't mention Lennon telling him he didn't want to continue talking about Celtic. I know these guys have a living to make and need a story but opening questions about Celtic at a Hibs v Aberdeen press conference i find really disrespectful. Hopefully Lennon had a quiet word afterwards.

overdrive
25-09-2018, 12:17 PM
I also find it disrespectful that they don't bother to learn our players' names, e.g. the reference to "the new Dutch left back" in that interview. They wouldn't do that to Celtic or The Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Come on man , FFS!

And don't give it the, "I'm not sitting here talking about breakfast cereals, Brian" pish. For one thing, my name's not Brian and secondly, we want to judge you on your breakfast choices.

Spill ...

Fe Fi Fo Fix I’ve just had my Weetabix!

Need some sustenance for those big Sheep defenders!! :greengrin

Stevie Reid
25-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Another quality presser from Lennon. Could listen to him speak for hours.

Always frank about us, and respectful of other clubs and managers.

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Fe Fi Fo Fix I’ve just had my Weetabix!

Need some sustenance for those big Sheep defenders!! :greengrin

After lengthy consultation with absolutely no one, we've come to a majority decision;

"Acceptable breakfast choice!"

Congratulations.

southern hibby
25-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Come on man , FFS!

Spill ...

Spill no he definitely said spat

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
25-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Pathetic line of questioning by the journalists.

It's the day before the club's quarter final appearance and all the journalists care about is Lennon's thoughts on Celtic.

These jokers are supposed to promote our game up here, no wonder those people in England and beyond think there's only two clubs in Scotland when our own journalists won't talk about anything else.

Total embarrassment and well done Neil Lennon for refusing to answer them.