PDA

View Full Version : Scanning tickets from phones.

EH6 Hibby
24-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Has anyone had any problem with this?

Just bought my sons ticket for tomorrow and the only option I had was to print at home. I don’t have a printer and won’t have access to one unless I go to an Internet cafe or the library.

I’m sure I’ve read on here that people have scanned the ticket from their phones.

HibeeDaz6270
24-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Has anyone had any problem with this?

Just bought my sons ticket for tomorrow and the only option I had was to print at home. I don’t have a printer and won’t have access to one unless I go to an Internet cafe or the library.

I’m sure I’ve read on here that people have scanned the ticket from their phones.

Done it a few times from my phone without any problems.I have just took a screenshot of the barcode.

EH6 Hibby
24-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Done it a few times from my phone without any problems.I have just took a screenshot of the barcode.

Cheers. Will just get him to scan his phone.

Just wondering, is there a chance it’s been added to his season ticket card? It is his usual seat I’ve got him but I didn’t get it during the window for buying your seat and I thought it would tell me if it was added to the card.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2018, 11:49 PM
Doesn't work on my phone using the app called stocard

cabbageandribs1875
25-09-2018, 12:02 AM
make sure one of the two e-mails you would get has the PDF attachment(if it was print at home then you should have it), and make sure you have a PDF reader on your smartphone....scan the barcode at the turnstile...simples

Speedy
25-09-2018, 01:03 AM
Aye, works fine. I've actually had more trouble with the paper tickets recently.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2018, 01:57 AM
Would be interesting to know how many people are put off using this option as they cannot print at home but do have a smartphon...

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 05:51 AM
I tried taking a photo of my season ticket and scanning it. That definitely doesn’t work.

Steven79
25-09-2018, 06:31 AM
I tried taking a photo of my season ticket and scanning it. That definitely doesn’t work.

Works for me and I've never had a problem with it.

green day
25-09-2018, 07:17 AM

This works, but depends on how good the camera resolution is - and if you have a shaky hand 😁

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 07:18 AM
This works, but depends on how good the camera resolution is - and if you have a shaky hand 😁

I’ll need to give it another go then!

LEaston87
25-09-2018, 07:29 AM

I’ve got my season card stored on this app and it worked for me against Killie in the East the other week.

hibbymac
25-09-2018, 08:47 AM
I’ll need to give it another go then!

Also the brightness has to be quite high. Ive used the Stocard app, for my ST and its worked fine as the app automatically brightens the screen when you use it.

Famous Fiver
25-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Good luck with all that bar code stuff. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it.

What happened to the good old lift over for the laddies?

hfc rd
25-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Works fine for me.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Works fine for me.

Doesn’t for me unfortunately

Chic Murray
25-09-2018, 11:20 AM
I know it defeats the purpose of downloading the ticket, but if you present at the ticket office, they will give you tickets if you can tell them your details.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-09-2018, 11:24 AM
The Stocard app works fine for me. Used it a few times now when i forgot my ST. Think it depends on the turnstile scanner you go in by, holding it really still seems to help.

And if it doesn't work on the turnstile the head crowd security guys have a hand held scanner.

Hermit Crab
25-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Works fine for me.

For some reason it just won't scan at the turnstile, using an iPhone SE.

LancashireHibby
25-09-2018, 12:23 PM
I have an iPhone 6S and used my phone at the turnstiles for the Molde game. I just opened the PDF from the confirmation email and took a screenshot of the barcode (I zoomed it a bit just to be on the safe side). If anything, that’s a far clearer barcode than using a 30 quid inkjet printer to print your ticket off.

Mantis Toboggan
25-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Also the brightness has to be quite high. Ive used the Stocard app, for my ST and its worked fine as the app automatically brightens the screen when you use it.

The brightness being too low is very likely the reason it hasnt worked in some cases. Last time I tried it, it didnt work at first, until I changed it to the highest possible setting, after which it recognised it.

GreenArmyyy!
25-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Always works with no issues.

Brightside
25-09-2018, 02:00 PM
For some reason it just won't scan at the turnstile, using an iPhone SE.

Check it has picked up the full number on the app. Sometimes it doesnt pick up a line right and misses a number.

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2018, 03:19 PM
As others have said the brightness has to ne set to full. I've had the same issue with electronic boarding passes at the airport due to it.

Lemonade
25-09-2018, 03:58 PM
I assume you can pick up pre purchased tickets tonight ?
Bought them online but it doesn’t say in the confirmation email.

Bristolhibby
25-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Said it on other threads, but in this day and age you should have some smart phone compliant.

I was in the States over the summer and got Miami Marlins tickets and Orlando MLS tickets sent straight to my Apple wallet on my phone. They then became active on my lock screen as I approached the venues.

The future is here people!

J

scoopyboy
25-09-2018, 04:25 PM
I assume you can pick up pre purchased tickets tonight ?
Bought them online but it doesn’t say in the confirmation email.

Are you a season ticket holder, if so it will have been added straight onto your card.

If not and you are going to collect your ticket I would have a copy of your email with you.

Gmack7
25-09-2018, 04:31 PM
will a season ticket card for the FF upper let you in the East(unlikely i assume). my son now wants to move as 1 of my mates isnt going. cheers

Billy Whizz
25-09-2018, 04:32 PM
will a season ticket card for the FF upper let you in the East(unlikely i assume). my son now wants to move as 1 of my mates isnt going. cheers

Doubt it, try the TO to see if they will move him

Lemonade
25-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Are you a season ticket holder, if so it will have been added straight onto your card.

If not and you are going to collect your ticket I would have a copy of your email with you.

Cheers.
Not got a ST so hoping I can pick them up ok.

HFCcammy1875
25-09-2018, 05:54 PM

I done this with my mates card worked after a couple try’s trying different angles 😂

dp00
26-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Sure we have discussed on here before hibs need to look into this , especially given flight tickets can be downloaded to your wallet app on your phone very quick and simple

Think on problem is that if you have one of the bigger phones it doesn’t fit in the slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamsonsbairn
26-09-2018, 11:32 AM

I downloaded this app to my android phone and asked the girl at the disabled door at the famous five stand if she would scan the app i added to my phone, she did and it worked ok and walked in. She did use a handheld scanner so i don't know if that made a difference.