PDA

View Full Version : Jamie MacLaren

Heisenberg
24-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Back injury worse than first thought. Potentially out till the middle of October according to the EEN.

IGRIGI
24-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Not having so much luck this season on the injury front so far.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2018, 03:03 PM
That's gash. :boo hoo:

Onceinawhile
24-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Ffs.

Diclonius
24-09-2018, 03:10 PM
The injuries keep rolling in.

Get Zeefuik signed.

Stuart93
24-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Definitely should've brought another striker in. Another injury to kamberi and we're struggling.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Get Zeefuik signed.

Give Shaw another chance to prove himself?

H18 SFR
24-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Horrendous news to be fair.

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Leaves us short up front. Not good news.

G B Young
Lennon said he was still getting up to speed even when he has been playing so this is going to set him back again. Very frustrating.

Diclonius
Give Shaw another chance to prove himself?

And if he doesn't cut it or Kamberi is injured, where's our plan B?

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2018, 03:22 PM

Shaw is already cutting it.

Borderhibbie76
24-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Just makes it even more ridiculous we didn't sign another striker...all we need is Flo to get injured again and we are toiling

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Just makes it even more ridiculous we didn't sign another striker...all we need is Flo to get injured again and we are toiling

Could say that about any position if 2 players get injured. If Messi and Suarez got injured Barcelona are toiling.

AgentDaleCooper
24-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Shaw's scoring ratio is ridiculous. Him and boyle were grand against motherwell. We vould do eith more back up though.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2018, 03:28 PM

It's not ridiculous at all, :confused: Lennon may have gone after another forward but didnt get him?

We still have Shaw who's doing well enough, and now we have Apenyong to play wide, Boyle can fill in up front if Shaw and Kamberi were to both be injured alongside McLaren on the treatment table.

Borderhibbie76
24-09-2018, 03:30 PM
It's not ridiculous at all, :confused: Lennon may have gone after another forward but didnt get him?

We still have Shaw who's doing well enough, and now we have Apenyong to play wide, Boyle can fill in up front if Shaw and Kamberi were to both be injured alongside McLaren on the treatment table.I personally don't think 2 experienced forwards plus Shaw is enough...just my opinion. We've always had 4 experienced strikers on the books previously and it's just sods law that first Flo and now Jamie have been injured in the 1 area of squad where I still think we are a body short...just my opinion

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Not ideal but mid Oct being the return date means he will miss the cup game midweek and the game's away to St Mirren and home to Hamilton

We SHOULD be ok without him. Hopefully it's more as a pre caution and he's back for the big games at the end of the month

AgentDaleCooper
24-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Probably a crap idea, but i wonder what paul hanlon would be like as a striker, with boyle making runs in behind him...

Peevemor
24-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Probably a crap idea, but i wonder what paul hanlon would be like as a striker, with boyle making runs in behind him...

We could stick Agyepong on the right and pull Boyle inside to partner Flo.

Steven79
24-09-2018, 03:45 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-jamie-maclaren-sidelined-for-several-weeks-by-back-injury-1-4804563

Boyle is a doubt as well...

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Get Zeefuik signed.

No thanks

we are hibs
24-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Boy from the evening news saying on Twitter that Gray and Boyle are big doubts tomorrow and Whittaker and Agyepong are likely to play in their places...

jacomo
24-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Boy from the evening news saying on Twitter that Gray and Boyle are big doubts tomorrow and Whittaker and Agyepong are likely to play in their places...

Whittaker probably strongest at RB and Tommy looks very decent.

These injuries and rubbish but we have options.

Up front it’s Kamberi, Shaw and Lewis Allan. If we stick with the 433 then only one of them starts anyhow.

jacomo
24-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Definitely should've brought another striker in. Another injury to kamberi and we're struggling.

Dear me. Take a day off ffs.

Hibee Mac
24-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Starting to think Lennon wanted to play 1 up top all along.

Would explain having 3 strikers on the books and loads of wingers and seemingly being happy with the team.

Get back soon Jamie, we need you!

bigwheel
24-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Back injury worse than first thought. Potentially out till the middle of October according to the EEN.

That’s a huge blow..Lennon was saying recently he was keen to get them both on the park ...will take him a while to get back to match fitness too [emoji45]

Ronniekirk
24-09-2018, 04:43 PM
That’s a huge blow..Lennon was saying recently he was keen to get them both on the park ...will take him a while to get back to match fitness too [emoji45]

Yep he wasn't fully match fit do this puts him back So even if he is able to play mid October it's a few weeks after that before Properly match fit
Kamberi just back from injury so we can't afford him to get another knock

So that's Mclaren out and Boyle and Gray a Foubt for Aberdeen Just when wevthoughtbwe were getting back tons fully fit squad
Not ideal but big test for Squad tomorrow night

EH54
24-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Some amount of injury's, though was we had a strength and conditioning team etc? Rediculous for the beginning of a season..

SteveHFC
24-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Time for Lewis Allan to step up.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2018, 04:45 PM
I personally don't think 2 experienced forwards plus Shaw is enough...just my opinion. We've always had 4 experienced strikers on the books previously and it's just sods law that first Flo and now Jamie have been injured in the 1 area of squad where I still think we are a body short...just my opinion

I would not have been against us signing another forward during the window, but we are covered and it was far from ridiculous that we didnt.

neil7908
24-09-2018, 04:53 PM
A real shame, as Flo and him were so good together last season.

However, we have plenty of options in attacking midfield and out wide. The formation against Dundee showed we have other players in the team that will get us goals

Sir David Gray
24-09-2018, 04:56 PM
I have a bad feeling that he has comeback date of mid-October but we won't actually see him until the start of December.

I hope I'm wrong.

Future17
24-09-2018, 04:57 PM

Shaw has started 4 league games this season and has 2 goals and an assist in those games. Pretty decent backup if you ask me.

As a club we need to keep developing young players so continuing to give him game time when these situations arise is important.

CapitalGreen
24-09-2018, 04:59 PM
I have a bad feeling that he has comeback date of mid-October but we won't actually see him until the start of December.

I hope I'm wrong.

Based on what exactly?

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2018, 05:00 PM
I personally don't think 2 experienced forwards plus Shaw is enough...just my opinion. We've always had 4 experienced strikers on the books previously and it's just sods law that first Flo and now Jamie have been injured in the 1 area of squad where I still think we are a body short...just my opinion

And thinking about it, when did we last have we had 4 experienced strikers at the club?

Sir David Gray
24-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Based on what exactly?

Just a hunch.

hibbydog
24-09-2018, 05:03 PM
And thinking about it, when did we last have we had 4 experienced strikers at the club?

2001 IIRC

Lehmann
Mixu
Zitelli
Librra
McManus

CapitalGreen
24-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Just a hunch.

Should let Neil and the guys know.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Should let Neil and the guys know.Nae point, cannae be a hunch as surely we'd be able to see it through his shirt,

I'll get my coat.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Puddocky
24-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Horgan was a prolific scorer in Ireland. OK, that may have been against weaker opposition, but could he play up top for us?

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2018, 05:34 PM
We managed ok without him on Saturday with the shape and personnel that played

Onion
24-09-2018, 05:39 PM
We managed ok without him on Saturday with the shape and personnel that played

Against, by far and away, the worst team in the league.

Was relishing Kamberi/Mac attack after seeing them together against Killie, and its a blow to us.

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Against, by far and away, the worst team in the league.

Was relishing Kamberi/Mac attack after seeing them together against Killie, and its a blow to us.

No doubt it’s a blow, especially so soon after getting Flo back fit again however I do think the shape that we played on Saturday suits us with the players we have. I know Lenny has said he wanted to 2 back on the pitch but IMO the only way of doing that effectively is going back to a back 3

Borderhibbie76
24-09-2018, 06:43 PM
And thinking about it, when did we last have we had 4 experienced strikers at the club?Did we not have stokes Murray Shaw and Big Dave last season?? Granted Big Dave wasn't the best but in terms of nos we had 4 out and out strikers??

EH54
24-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Could be doing with another striker many said it..first Kamberi was injured now Maclaren. Shaw could be doing with a loan for me to the top of championship or a bottom 6 club and getting regular games.

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Said on Saturdays match day thread i was worried about his back injury. Back injuries can be really hard to shake off. Probably the worst kind of injury. Just got to hope it's nothing too nigling.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Could be doing with another striker many said it..first Kamberi was injured now Maclaren. Shaw could be doing with a loan for me to the top of championship or a bottom 6 club and getting regular games.

Why would we loan a player who has already scored 3 goals for us and it's not even October. He will hit 15 pretty easily at this rate. He's an important part of the squad.

hhibs
24-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Really bad news on Jamie Mac.

Darren Bent still looking for a club? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Did we not have stokes Murray Shaw and Big Dave last season?? Granted Big Dave wasn't the best but in terms of nos we had 4 out and out strikers??

Stokes would be the only one who i'd say was experienced?

Winston Ingram
24-09-2018, 08:16 PM
It’s no big deal. Just means we will have to play with a front 3 which suits us better.

Allows us to play with Boyle & Horgan further up the pitch.

sauzee6_2
24-09-2018, 08:16 PM

2010-11

Stokes
Riordan
Nish
Duffy
Even add Vaz Te as a fifth

All experienced 😉

SMAXXA
24-09-2018, 09:16 PM

I agree with you a million percent. You just need to look at rangers and hearts who have brought in a lot of players and realise you need depth to be successful on all domestic fronts and yes I know some will question the quality. We should have 4 recognised strikers imo but I will acknowledge if we are only going to play with 1 due to formation that may not be such an issue with boyle, Horgan, Agyepong behind a striker. Only think we can play the one if it’s flo though not McLaren and shaw isn’t ready to hang your hat on but will potentially be in time

EH54
24-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Why would we loan a player who has already scored 3 goals for us and it's not even October. He will hit 15 pretty easily at this rate. He's an important part of the squad.

Totally get you, just think we should have another proven striker so Oli can get regular starts for a season at a decent level, don't think he's ready to start regular for us, a lot more to it than scoring the odd goal.

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 09:26 PM

I would be very, very pleasantly surprised to see Shaw get anywhere near 15 goals this season. Don’t see him getting enough minutes to do that.

With MacLaren out we are likely to play the same shape as Saturday. When he’s back if we change to a front two he’ll be in front of Shaw to partner Flo.

This is a big season for Shaw. He needs to be playing consistently to keep improving and I don’t see him getting too many minutes unless Flo gets injured again.

hibby rae
25-09-2018, 08:34 AM
If memory serves it took a at least a couple seasons for Fletcher to get near regular starts. Iirc he bulked up a bit as well and then became a great all-round striker. If he gets to double figures this season I think Lennon will be pleased with his progress.

MWHIBBIES
25-09-2018, 10:20 AM
I would be very, very pleasantly surprised to see Shaw get anywhere near 15 goals this season. Don’t see him getting enough minutes to do that.

With MacLaren out we are likely to play the same shape as Saturday. When he’s back if we change to a front two he’ll be in front of Shaw to partner Flo.

This is a big season for Shaw. He needs to be playing consistently to keep improving and I don’t see him getting too many minutes unless Flo gets injured again.

He doesn't need to be playing every week to reach his potential. He needs to be making regular appearances in a good side. Not fighting relegation somewhere else. Fletcher wasn't loaned out, he made bit part appearances in a good side until his chance came. Shaw was close to double figures last season and he had zero appearances at this stage. He'll do just fine.

B.H.F.C
25-09-2018, 10:24 AM
He doesn't need to be playing every week to reach his potential. He needs to be making regular appearances in a good side. Not fighting relegation somewhere else. Fletcher wasn't loaned out, he made bit part appearances in a good side until his chance came. Shaw was close to double figures last season and he had zero appearances at this stage. He'll do just fine.

I never suggested Shaw should be loaned out. He clearly has a part to play. But the part he does play won’t allow him to get near 15 goals IMO.

Don’t think he was that close to double figures last year? What did he get, 5 or 6?

Stevie Reid
25-09-2018, 11:00 AM
I never suggested Shaw should be loaned out. He clearly has a part to play. But the part he does play won’t allow him to get near 15 goals IMO.

Don’t think he was that close to double figures last year? What did he get, 5 or 6?

This season so far he has three goals from 7 appearances, last year it was 5 from 22. He's only started in 11 matches though, so his goals to starts ratio is superb.

Greenbeard
25-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Any info on the nature of the back injury? If just muscular then fingers crossed the timescale won't be too bad. If it is disc related then that is much more unpredictable, added to which it is less easy to keep up a good level of aerobic fitness. He was already not 100% so a disc related problem would be a fair setback. Hope not, as Flo-Mac at 100% is what I want to see up front.

midfield_maestro
25-09-2018, 12:20 PM
and then became a great all-round striker.

Who could only kick a ball with one foot ?

B.H.F.C
25-09-2018, 12:33 PM
This season so far he has three goals from 7 appearances, last year it was 5 from 22. He's only started in 11 matches though, so his goals to starts ratio is superb.

I’m not really knocking that. Just disagree with the previous poster who said he could easily reach 15.

I don’t see it because I think his starts will be quite limited as long as Kamberi is fit.

Stevie Reid
25-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I’m not really knocking that. Just disagree with the previous poster who said he could easily reach 15.

I don’t see it because I think his starts will be quite limited as long as Kamberi is fit.

Fair enough man, I wasn't arguing - just providing the stats!

I like Shaw, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved tonight - as third (or current second) choice striker, I think he's fine.

Greenbeard
05-10-2018, 09:00 AM
What's the latex, I mean latest? (Damn these adverts on here.)

G B Young
05-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Says here MacLaren is in the Aussie training squad for next week along with Boyle and Milligan. How so? Surely Hibs won't be letting him fly to Dubai with a back injury?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45757070

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Says here MacLaren is in the Aussie training squad for next week along with Boyle and Milligan. How so? Surely Hibs won't be letting him fly to Dubai with a back injury?

He’s not in it as far as this shows

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/graham-arnold-names-caltex-socceroos-squad-kuwait-friendly

hfc rd
05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
What's the latex, I mean latest? (Damn these adverts on here.)

Think it will be the Hearts game. Potentially on the bench. Just guessing tbh.

Forza Fred
05-10-2018, 12:17 PM

He’s NOT in the squad.

Greenbeard
05-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Per NL on Hibs TV presser "hope to have him for the Celtic game on the 20th". Good news if so.