Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Macca
Kamberi

FWIW, I don’t think Agyepong will start, hence why not in my starting XI.

EH54
23-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Same team that started the weekend. Consistency is the key to success😎

Sir David Gray
23-09-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure if Gray will be fit after his knock yesterday. I also don't know if Maclaren will be fit.

If they are then that will be the team.

dmc1875
23-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Agyepong

Kamberi

Libby Hibby
23-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Bogdan

Whitts (Gray injured)
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Slivka
Horgan

Flo

B.H.F.C
23-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Same team that started yesterday for me.

The second half was as good as we’ve played for a while. Even though Whittaker came on and did well I hope Gray is fit - we need a bit dig against Aberdeen.

Nicho87
23-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Mcgregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Shaw
Agyepong

Sir David Gray
23-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Mcgregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Shaw
Agyepong

Glad you're not in charge!

Nicho87
23-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Not that I care for your comment.

Reason I went with that team is to give some game time to a few players that may need it and imo are more than capable of getting a win.

Kamberi and Hanlon are just back from injuries I would rather keep them for 3 points on Saturday.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Whittaker at RB is asking for trouble.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Reason I went with that team is to give some game time to a few players that may need it and imo are more than capable of getting a win.

Kamberi and Hanlon are just back from injuries I would rather keep them for 3 points on Saturday.

It’s a quarter final so it’s not about getting players game time. It’s about winning the game.

We are three wins from a trophy and we don’t win them very often

Strongest team. To even think about approaching the game in any other way is madness.

Souter96Mac
23-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Difficult one again. Part of wants to keep the continuity in the team and shape, but then would also like to see some of the fringe players get some game time. Maybe a chance to give the likes of Mcgregor and Shaw and Bartley some game time. Maybe even Nelom could feature.
But it's a great chance to get back to Hampden and a semi final in a competition we have a chance in.
Can't wait for this one, and confident whatever the team will be that we can get a win.

Nicho87
23-09-2018, 09:59 PM
It’s a quarter final so it’s not about getting players game time. It’s about winning the game.

Strongest team. To even think about approaching the game in any other way is madness.

I get it.

Still think the team I chose is more than capable of beating Aberdeen. Just my opinion though.

The Leith Dutch
23-09-2018, 10:13 PM
I get it.

Still think the team I chose is more than capable of beating Aberdeen. Just my opinion though.

I suspect the poster you're replying to was making the point that we should choose our best team rather than a team we think is capable of beating them.
Kamberi and Ambrose are better players than Shaw and Porteous (both of whom I like incidentally).

heretoday
23-09-2018, 10:17 PM

Hurrah!

Sir David Gray
23-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Nice. :aok:

Aim Here
23-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Difficult one again. Part of wants to keep the continuity in the team and shape, but then would also like to see some of the fringe players get some game time. Maybe a chance to give the likes of Mcgregor and Shaw and Bartley some game time. Maybe even Nelom could feature..

Given that Saturday's game is against the lowly St Mirren, who aren't on great form at the moment (modulo drawing vs Celtic and beating, ahem, Neil McCann's Dundee), and the fact that the game is less of a 'must win' than a cup Quarter final, wouldn't that be the better forum for letting injury-returnees and new/reserve players get some match time?

SquashedFrogg
23-09-2018, 10:35 PM

He's suggested a team full of 1st team players. Slight overreaction.

hfc rd
23-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Strongest team possible please.

CapitalGreen
23-09-2018, 10:58 PM

Not sure why you are getting taken to task for this post. I wouldn’t want some random punter on hibs.net being in charge either, especially if think starting Oli Shaw as a lone striker against Aberdeen is a good idea.

kevinc
23-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Not sure why you are getting taken to task for this post. I wouldn’t want some random punter on hibs.net being in charge either, especially if think starting Oli Shaw as a loan striker against Aberdeen is a good idea.

Shaw is not a loan striker, he is on a permanent contract.

CMac1988
23-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Did that mistake go full on whoosh...

Inconsequential
24-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Shaw is not a loan striker, he is on a permanent contract. Only The Loanly… dum dum dummy doo wah.:wink:

AZhibee
24-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Same as team v Dundee with Agyepong coming on to harass a tired defense.

Ozyhibby
24-09-2018, 01:01 PM
I doubt Whittaker would be risked at full back against Aberdeen’s wingers. I hope not anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
24-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Stevenson

Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren/Shaw

Inconsequential
24-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Bogdan, Sneddon, Stevenson, Ambrose, Hanlon, Milligan, Boyle, Mallan, Kamberi, Slivka, Horgan.

Libby Hibby
24-09-2018, 01:49 PM
I doubt Whittaker would be risked at full back against Aberdeen’s wingers. I hope not anyway.

He will be if Gray fails to be fit.

hfc rd
24-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Bogdan, Sneddon, Stevenson, Ambrose, Hanlon, Milligan, Boyle, Mallan, Kamberi, Slivka, Horgan.

You want to play a 60 year old at RB?

Inconsequential
24-09-2018, 01:59 PM
You want to play a 60 year old at RB? Ha ha… you can't always get what you want! :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Where did Sneddon come from? :faf:

Ozyhibby
24-09-2018, 02:05 PM
He will be if Gray fails to be fit.

He might go with Boyle or Ambrose?

Diclonius
24-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Maclaren in for Slivka if fit. Whittaker in for Gray if injured.

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Celtc :cb

Inconsequential
24-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Where did Sneddon come from? :faf: He came from Baillieston Sally....:agree:

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 02:26 PM
He might go with Boyle or Ambrose?

Anybody who remembers Ambrose playing on the right of a back four at Pittodrie last season wouldn’t want to see that again.

Onceinawhile
24-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle (Gray if fit)
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren (Boyle if Gray fit and MacLaren fit, Shaw otherwise)

Gary Mackay-stevens v whittaker would be asking for huge trouble.

Ozyhibby
24-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Anybody who remembers Ambrose playing on the right of a back four at Pittodrie last season wouldn’t want to see that again.

Agree but I’m sure he has played in that position since against them at Easter road. Let’s just hope Gray is fit.

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Can see big Sneddon getting the winner

Springbank
24-09-2018, 02:50 PM

Tend to agree with this

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2018, 04:10 PM

What about the many good games he has had there??

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 04:12 PM
What about the many good games he has had there??

Don’t remember that many of them to be honest.

Can he plays there in an emergency? Aye. Should he play there tomorrow? Naw.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Don’t remember that many of them to be honest.

Can he plays there in an emergency? Aye. Should he play there tomorrow? Naw.

The answer would be pretty much every game expect Pittodrie, including in our promotion run where he kept an underperforming gray out the team.

Northernhibee
24-09-2018, 04:18 PM

Fame Academy.

theonlywayisup
24-09-2018, 04:19 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle (Gray if fit)
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren (Boyle if Gray fit and MacLaren fit, Shaw otherwise)

Sounds like Gray, Boyle and Maclaren are all out or at least doubtful.

Looks like Whittaker, Agyepomg and Shaw will start.

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 04:24 PM
The answer would be pretty much every game expect Pittodrie, including in our promotion run where he kept an underperforming gray out the team.

That would be your answer. I don’t think he is a very good right back and don’t want to see him there.

Diclonius
24-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Mackay-Steven v any of our RBs that aren't Gray will be tough. Whittaker's the second best RB we have.

Libby Hibby
24-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Whitts will blooter that wee whinging scrotum in the first 5 minutes and he won’t come back for more...FACT

Sir David Gray
24-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Gray, Boyle and Maclaren are all out or at least doubtful.

Looks like Whittaker, Agyepomg and Shaw will start.

Big blow if none of them make it (Maclaren already confirmed to be out).

Boyle will be a big loss.

MSK
24-09-2018, 06:53 PM
Whitts will blooter that wee whinging scrotum in the first 5 minutes and he won’t come back for more...FACTThink Porteous is due him a cruncher or 3 after the last game at ER

Smartie
24-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman

Mallan
Kamberi

Height and strength to defend set pieces.

3 centre halves so we have decent cover for wing backs getting skinned by GMS.

Mallan in a very advanced role, right up there buzzing off Kamberi. He's meant to be a second striker, let's give him a chance up there.

Slivka and Hyndman can feel free to get beyond him.

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman

Mallan
Kamberi

Mallan in a very advanced role, right up there buzzing off Kamberi. He's meant to be a second striker, let's give him a chance up there.

The midfield finally functioned in Saturday. It would be crazy to change it IMO. Especially to introduce Hyndman at the expense of Horgan.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman

Mallan
Kamberi

Milligan Slivka and Hyndman doesn’t have the same ring as McGinn McGeoch and Allan.

Horgan and Boyle will definately start if fit may even consider Boyle as wing back to counter GMS

Better still show Milligan a photy o GMS and say “Kill!”

Playing at home in a must win cup tie might even pull a surprise and play two strikers up top but Olly got bossed last game so maybe Lewis Allan?

Who knows?

Smartie
24-09-2018, 09:54 PM
The midfield finally functioned in Saturday. It would be crazy to change it IMO. Especially to introduce Hyndman at the expense of Horgan.

They were playing against the weakest team in the league, away, in the league.

Aberdeen are a tougher side with a different threat and we go into the game with some key players missing.

I forgot about Horgan actually, and I didn't think he was great on Saturday. On balance, he should probably come into my team for Hyndman but still playing through the middle.

Basically, my opinion is that we've no option other than to play Whittaker on the right but we need to have cover for him, and I reckon we need to get Mallan right up beside Kamberi.

Smartie
24-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Milligan Slivka and Hyndman doesn’t have the same ring as McGinn McGeoch and Allan.

Horgan and Boyle will definately start if fit may even consider Boyle as wing back to counter GMS

Better still show Milligan a photy o GMS and say “Kill!”

Playing at home in a must win cup tie might even pull a surprise and play two strikers up top but Olly got bossed last game so maybe Lewis Allan?

Who knows?

Olly might do better with Kamberi up there beside him. He was only bossed because we struggled to get men up in support of him.

If we support Kamberi as badly, we'll struggle as badly.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Olly might do better with Kamberi up there beside him. He was only bossed because we struggled to get men up in support of him.

If we support Kamberi as badly, we'll struggle as badly.
Let’s see what happens. Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

PatHead
24-09-2018, 10:07 PM
They are a big physical team and we will need big players to match them at set pieces.

Should still have enough to beat them though.

allmodcons
24-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Same team and set up as Saturday. Whittaker in if Gray injured and Ping-pong in if Boyle injured.

Springbank
25-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Same team and set up as Saturday. Whittaker in if Gray injured and Ping-pong in if Boyle injured.

Bogdan

Boyle [to face up GMS and push him back]
Hanlon
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Agyepong
Kamberi

The Green Goblin
25-09-2018, 08:51 AM

Ping-pong?

Tambo
25-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Has to be this to keep the momentum going and get used to the new set up

J-C
25-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Bogdan

Whittaker/Gray if fit
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle/Agyepong
Kamberi
Horgan

allmodcons
25-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Ping-pong?

You know who he is :greengrin

WeeRussell
25-09-2018, 11:44 AM
He's suggested a team full of 1st team players. Slight overreaction.

.. and to then take issue with the poster not being "nice" in his response saying he didn't care for the comment :tee hee:

St Pauli Hibee
25-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Bogdan

Whittaker (Gray if fit)
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

IWasThere2016
25-09-2018, 11:50 AM
I think only injury(s) will force a change by NL

allezsauzee
25-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker/Gray if fit
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle/Agyepong
Kamberi
Horgan

This team wins tonight.

MacGruber
25-09-2018, 02:49 PM
This team wins tonight.

Only thing is Agyepong won't start regardless if Boyle makes it or not. He isn't ready for 90 mins

Hopefully McGregor is back as a few missing just when we were getting bodies back aswell

Hibeewilly
25-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Only thing is Agyepong won't start regardless if Boyle makes it or not. He isn't ready for 90 mins

Hopefully McGregor is back as a few missing just when we were getting bodies back aswell
I think if McGregor plays he will go three at the back especially if Boyle is out