PDA

View Full Version : Kamara

Greenbeard
23-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Given all the positive chat on here over the summer saying he could be a good signing, and some chat I recall about him being a £1m player, what's the verdict on Kamara after yesterday from those who were there?

Since90+2
23-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Given all the positive chat on here over the summer saying he could be a good signing, and some chat I recall about him being a £1m player, what's the verdict on Kamara after yesterday from those who were there?

I never seen the game but it would be abit harsh to judge a player on the basis of one game (after being out injured I believe) in a struggling team who appear to not to want to play for their manager.

Smartie
23-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Showed some nice touches.

They played much better in the first half but he was part of a midfield that was dominated in the second.

He didn't stand out - but that wouldn't be a very fair game to judge him on.

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Showed some nice touches.

They played much better in the first half but he was part of a midfield that was dominated in the second.

He didn't stand out - but that wouldn't be a very fair game to judge him on.This... was near and tidy 1st half like the majority of their play but nothing that caught the eye

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
23-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Their best.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2018, 04:22 PM
I never seen the game but it would be abit harsh to judge a player on the basis of one game (after being out injured I believe) in a struggling team who appear to not to want to play for their manager.
That’s not stopped us in the past :)

PatHead
23-09-2018, 07:29 PM
I am not sure what number he was but none of their players stood out. Certainly none of them appeared to be worth £1m.

1875Sean
23-09-2018, 11:49 PM
Average player hopefully put to bed all these people wanting him

SChibs
24-09-2018, 10:51 AM

For what it's worth I think he'd look a lot better in a better team. He didn't have much to work with

Hibernian Verse
24-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Scott Allan was in and out of that team before he came back to us...

Allant1981
24-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Scott Allan was in and out of that team before he came back to us...

think that was more down to being injured though

greenlex
24-09-2018, 12:03 PM
If he was their no 14 he was their best player.

makaveli1875
24-09-2018, 12:06 PM
If he was their no 14 he was their best player.

Nope that would be Nabi . Kamara was No 8

greenlex
24-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Nope that would be Nabi . Kamara was No 8

Cool. Nabi was their best then.

Since90+2
24-09-2018, 12:31 PM
think that was more down to being injured though

Was that not Kamaras first game of the season as he had also been injured?

It's abit ironic we are judging Kamara on one game when pretty much everyone wanted Allan back and he hardly set the heather on fire at Dundee either.

Allant1981
24-09-2018, 12:40 PM

It's abit ironic we are judging Kamara on one game when pretty much everyone wanted Allan back and he hardly set the heather on fire at Dundee either.

not sure, i hadnt seen much of him last season either so not really sure what to make of him

neil7908
24-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Crazy thing to say given it was one game and he's playing for an absolute joke of a manager in by far the worst team in the league.

I would still like us to sign him given Bartley and Milligan are both not getting any younger but never expected us to spend anything like £1m on him. Think he'll go out on to have a good career.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2018, 01:58 PM
There's a reason teams spend weeks and months scouting players rather than judging them on one game.

'He was crap on Saturday, glad we never signed him' or 'he was brilliant, get him signed' are both pretty daft stances to take. If Hibs had, or have, any interest in Kamara thankfully our analysis will delve a bit deeper.

CapitalGreen
24-09-2018, 02:26 PM
There's a reason teams spend weeks and months scouting players rather than judging them on one game.

'He was crap on Saturday, glad we never signed him' or 'he was brilliant, get him signed' are both pretty daft stances to take. If Hibs had, or have, any interest in Kamara thankfully our analysis will delve a bit deeper.

I think it was on this basis that we signed Tudor-Jones :-(

1875Sean
24-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Crazy thing to say given it was one game and he's playing for an absolute joke of a manager in by far the worst team in the league.

I would still like us to sign him given Bartley and Milligan are both not getting any younger but never expected us to spend anything like £1m on him. Think he'll go out on to have a good career.

All I am saying is I don’t get he hype he has look good in a poor midfield don’t think he is any better than what he have

thebausburst
24-09-2018, 05:26 PM
All I am saying is I don’t get he hype he has look good in a poor midfield don’t think he is any better than what he have

His performances away to OF and Dons last year suggest so, just saying.

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2018, 05:30 PM

No real irony there. We knew Scott Allan was a good player

Michael
24-09-2018, 05:36 PM

Isn't it impressive if he looks good in a poor midfield?

1875Sean
24-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Isn't it impressive if he looks good in a poor midfield?

My point is he stands out as the other players are so poor, is he was that good another team would have snapped him up

Since90+2
24-09-2018, 06:40 PM
My point is he stands out as the other players are so poor, is he was that good another team would have snapped him up

Why have our best players been kept? If they were that good they'd have been snapped up by bigger clubs who can pay more money. Why has Hanlon never left Hibs if he is any good? How did we manage to keep Kamberi if he is that good?

Its a a very simplistic way to look at it and simply say if he was any good he'd been bought by a bigger club as it can easily be applied to Hibs players as well.

bigwheel
24-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Don't think we can judge Kamara on one game...he was neat, but we all know some of our top players can have a quiet day. McGinn did it some times...He is largely very well regarded, so I suspect he is a quality player. However, from our early glimpses of Milligan and of course Bartley , we are well covered now in that position..

Libby Hibby
25-09-2018, 12:34 AM
He’s 21, a full internationalist and has had a good upbringing.

I’m certain he’d flourish in the right team, with the right manager in charge and with better players around him.