PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

Diclonius
22-09-2018, 08:23 PM
What's the feeling for this one then? We must be favourites, and we generally do well against them in the cups. Will be a tight game though.

I'd start the the same team from today, possibly replacing Slivka with Maclaren if fit.

Libby Hibby
22-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Bring them on.

theonlywayisup
22-09-2018, 08:27 PM
What's the feeling for this one then? We must be favourites, and we generally do well against them in the cups. Will be a tight game though.

I'd start the the same team from today, possibly replacing Slivka with Maclaren if fit.

Yes, let's replace Slivka who played well today with Maclaren who wasn't deemed to be match fit for today.

Lancs Harp
22-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Well I think we know whats coming. They will pack the midfield, attempt to to stop us from playing and be pretty physical, its up to us to find a way to beat them. I have every faith we will.

:flag:

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Win. Just win. One game from Hampden. Again.

bingo70
22-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Win. Just win. One game from Hampden. Again.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself here but are the league cup semi finals not normally played at different grounds unless an old firm team is involved?

Diclonius
22-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Not wanting to get ahead of myself here but are the league cup semi finals not normally played at different grounds unless an old firm team is involved?

It's highly likely we'd be at Hampden.

Celtic and Rangers will win their games, so that would be Hampden if drawn against either of them. If Hearts beat Motherwell, there's no mid-capacity venue in the central belt (and in any case we'd probably be able to sell ~20k each) so that would go to Hampden too. Motherwell or St Johnstone (extremely unlikely) is the only situation in which we'd probably go to Tynecastle.

EH54
22-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Yes, let's replace Slivka who played well today with Maclaren who wasn't deemed to be match fit for today.

Really hope slivka kicks on, there is a player in there!

Sir David Gray
22-09-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm confident we can win this one.

I thought we were the better side when we played them a few weeks ago and now we have a few first team players back I really expect us to win at Easter Road.

Bring it on.

marinello59
22-09-2018, 09:05 PM

I think that has changed, the semis are at Hampden now.

West lower
22-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Anyone know if the ticket sales have picked up ?

Hibster
22-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Anyone know if the ticket sales have picked up ?

Was just having a look online. Not looking great at all

West lower
22-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Was just having a look online. Not looking great at all
Cheers for that. Hopefully the good result today will shift a good few between now and Tuesday.

SirDavidsNapper
22-09-2018, 09:24 PM

Another stupid decision

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Really hope slivka kicks on, there is a player in there!

:agree:

alihibs1
22-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Looking forward to this.

The only downside is that ticket sales are absolutey awful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Can't understand why sales are poor...it's a quarter final of the cup...there have been many seasons we dreamed of one of those....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Can't understand why sales are poor...it's a quarter final of the cup...there have been many seasons we dreamed of one of those....

Some folk deserve the team of about 5 or 6 years ago.

monktonharp
23-09-2018, 12:29 AM
Some folk deserve the team of about 5 or 6 years ago.deary me.

CMurdoch
23-09-2018, 12:46 AM

Nah, MacLaren for Boyle or Horgan for me.
Can't see it happening given MacLaren has a back injury today so suspect he will still have it in 3 days time

Whataball
23-09-2018, 12:59 AM
deary me.

Ticket sales are poor. Got my and my son's seats yesterday. Can't understand why a quarter final is so easy to pick and choose. Yes slept in for reservations.

houstonhibbee
23-09-2018, 03:00 AM
Tactical

Eyrie
23-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Midweek fixtures are a problem for me and, whilst I made the European games, there is a limit to how often I'm willing to disrupt the rest of my life. Fortunately for me, if not for the attendance figure, this game is on TV so I won't miss out completely.

But I was one of the 7452 at the Ross County game in the previous round. Of course, that was a Saturday at 3pm which helped.

bigwheel
23-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Midweek fixtures are a problem for me and, whilst I made the European games, there is a limit to how often I'm willing to disrupt the rest of my life. Fortunately for me, if not for the attendance figure, this game is on TV so I won't miss out completely.

But I was one of the 7452 at the Ross County game in the previous round. Of course, that was a Saturday at 3pm which helped.

Delighted that people who can’t make it, for whatever reason, get a chance to see it [emoji106]

duffers
23-09-2018, 09:06 AM
I’m sure there are thousands, like me and my group, who will be going, but just haven’t bothered getting tickets yet

Diclonius
23-09-2018, 09:14 AM

When did that happen?

Smartie
23-09-2018, 09:15 AM
The pods will be busy.

I never get tickets in advance of these games.

I'm sure there will be a good crowd.

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2018, 09:20 AM
The pods will be busy.

I never get tickets in advance of these games.

I'm sure there will be a good crowd.There will be about 12 - 14k imo which is very decent for a midweek cup game and some forget it's been an expensive start to the season for us Hibees with the 6 Euro ties...not that I'm complaining mind...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
23-09-2018, 09:30 AM
11,092 attended back in 2015.

Similar attendance, same score would be good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34265400

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ-zopNKVU

What a hair style? What scenes at the end?

Souter96Mac
23-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Although I can't go, I can't wait for this! Another massive game for the club.

Halmyre Hibee
23-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Another stupid decision

If both Hibs and Hearts get through to semi-final why not try Murrayfield as a one off. Could attract a larger than normal crowd due to novelty value.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2018, 10:06 AM
If both Hibs and Hearts get through to semi-final why not try Murrayfield as a one off. Could attract a larger than normal crowd due to novelty value.

It will attract a larger than normal crowd because it has more seats. Hibs Vs hearts in a semi would fill any ground in Scotland.

Peevemor
23-09-2018, 10:10 AM
If both Hibs and Hearts get through to semi-final why not try Murrayfield as a one off. Could attract a larger than normal crowd due to novelty value.No danger of that happening now. The SFA has to make Hampden pay.

Michael
23-09-2018, 10:25 AM
It will attract a larger than normal crowd because it has more seats. Hibs Vs hearts in a semi would fill any ground in Scotland.

The semi in 2006 didn't sell out.

Since90+2
23-09-2018, 10:28 AM

I'm not sure we would fill Murrayfield for a league cup semi to be honest. That's just under 35,000 for each team.

Keith_M
23-09-2018, 10:32 AM
The semi in 2006 didn't sell out.

TBF, the Hearts end did but we took a really poor support, probably due to how badly we were performing at the time.

I think, with the upturn in our fortunes, we'd get much higher numbers now for the same fixture.

I don't think we'd sell out Murrayfield, though. Not that it's going to be put to the test.

Frazerbob
23-09-2018, 12:03 PM
TBF, the Hearts end did but we took a really poor support, probably due to how badly we were performing at the time.

I think, with the upturn in our fortunes, we'd get much higher numbers now for the same fixture.

I don't think we'd sell out Murrayfield, though. Not that it's going to be put to the test.

The Hearts end did not sell out. They had around 4K tickets unsold. They did have more than us though.