PDA

View Full Version : The first goal today

lord bunberry
22-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Why didn’t the defender slide in and clear it? I think he either thought it was going wide or going to hit the post. Absolutely bizarre defending.

madhatter
22-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Why didn’t the defender slide in and clear it? I think he either thought it was going wide or going to hit the post. Absolutely bizarre defending.

He's a tall awkward defender. I think he thought it was going to bounce off the post and roll along the line as well which probably put him off sliding just in case he carried it over the line.

lord bunberry
22-09-2018, 05:56 PM
He's a tall awkward defender. I think he thought it was going to bounce off the post and roll along the line as well which probably put him off sliding just in case he carried it over the line.

I thought the same, but surely you take the doubt out of the question and clear the ball away. No wonder they’re bottom of the league

Ryan91
22-09-2018, 06:10 PM

When Kamberi slid it past the keeper and as it slowly trundled toward goal, I was fully expecting a Dundee player to just come in and put the ball out for a corner, but it just kept rolling and rolling before crossing the line for a Goal

Credit to Boyle as well for the pass to Kamberi

madhatter
22-09-2018, 06:26 PM
I thought the same, but surely you take the doubt out of the question and clear the ball away. No wonder they’re bottom of the league

Think its very difficult for their players at the moment, heads have dropped and they are getting some abuse from the stands. That defender is on loan as well so it might be similar to our situation with Doherty - he looked garbage for Hibs and didn't look bothered and is now playing in the EPL. Thats why I always tend to prefer contracted players unless you can be sure the player on loan will give his all - hard to guarantee when most of them will be thinking "don't get injured".

Doubt also plays alot more on your mind when you are struggling as badly as they are. When that ball was trickling towards the goal, he's probably been running back with the image of the ball rolling along the line over and over again. Similar to when a striker can't score a goal, overthinking everything rather than going on instincts.

They are clear and obvious relegation candidates at this present time, even if they get rid of McCann. Don't think they have great balance with the players he's brought in.

lord bunberry
22-09-2018, 06:38 PM
When Kamberi slid it past the keeper and as it slowly trundled toward goal, I was fully expecting a Dundee player to just come in and put the ball out for a corner, but it just kept rolling and rolling before crossing the line for a Goal

Credit to Boyle as well for the pass to Kamberi

He slid it past the keeper the defender was following it in. From where I was sitting it looked like an easy clearance.

lord bunberry
22-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Think its very difficult for their players at the moment, heads have dropped and they are getting some abuse from the stands. That defender is on loan as well so it might be similar to our situation with Doherty - he looked garbage for Hibs and didn't look bothered and is now playing in the EPL. Thats why I always tend to prefer contracted players unless you can be sure the player on loan will give his all - hard to guarantee when most of them will be thinking "don't get injured".

Doubt also plays alot more on your mind when you are struggling as badly as they are. When that ball was trickling towards the goal, he's probably been running back with the image of the ball rolling along the line over and over again. Similar to when a striker can't score a goal, overthinking everything rather than going on instincts.

They are clear and obvious relegation candidates at this present time, even if they get rid of McCann. Don't think they have great balance with the players he's brought in.

They’re relegation certainties if they can’t clear shots like that. Thank **** he didn’t, but there’s no doubt in my mind he should have cleared it away.

JimBHibees
22-09-2018, 06:42 PM

Docherty was never garbage for Hibs strengthened the team when needed and helped keep us up wasn't great in cup final but who was.

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Docherty was never garbage for Hibs strengthened the team when needed and helped keep us up wasn't great in cup final but who was.

Indeed, Doherty is a very good player

BILLYHIBS
22-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Not really bothered about what Dundee shudda woulda coulda but didn’t do at the first goal to be honest Yes they shudda cleared it but didn’t It was a sublime flick by Flo.These things happen when you are bottom of the league as we all know I actually made the comment that the ref wasn’t giving them much today.
I will take the first goal and the second and the third and not really bothered what they might have done but didn’t to stop Boyle and Agyepong either
As Eddie Turnbull once said “don’t take the foot off the gas because they would do the same to you”

tamig
22-09-2018, 07:33 PM

Some people are blinkered by what happened after one game. They’ll never change.

whereswallace?
22-09-2018, 07:46 PM
At the game I felt the same regarding defender,however having just seen it again, the ball moves quicker than it did at the game and the defender is always struggling to reach it

LaMotta
22-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Thought instantly that Flo should have rounded the goalie and he'd got it wrong, was surprised and delighted that it went in :greengrin

Shrekko
22-09-2018, 07:53 PM
He slid it past the keeper the defender was following it in. From where I was sitting it looked like an easy clearance.

You’ll be surprised when you see it on telly. I thought similar to you at the game.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 07:54 PM

But an utter prick who showed nothing but contempt for the club after that game.

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2018, 07:55 PM
At the game I felt the same regarding defender,however having just seen it again, the ball moves quicker than it did at the game and the defender is always struggling to reach it

Same watching on TV, looked an easy clearance initially, but in the replay from behind the goal it looks like the defender is actually a fair distance from the ball.

BILLYHIBS
23-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Just watched it replayed on HIBS TV flick from Flo carrying too much pace no defender stopping that! :greengrin

PatHead
23-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Was a great move with the ball from Hanlon, control and pass of Boyle and finish from Kamberi.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2018, 11:12 AM

No danger was the defender stopping that.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Last week we had 3 goals all from dead ball situations, this week all 3 goals come from open play. Good to see.

matty_f
23-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Last week we had 3 goals all from dead ball situations, this week all 3 goals come from open play. Good to see.

That's a good point. It's great to have threats like that, makes us us very hard to defend against.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2018, 11:24 AM
That's a good point. It's great to have threats like that, makes us us very hard to defend against.

6 goals in 2 games and only 2 conceded in the same time, goal difference looking healthy at the moment.

Boyle89
23-09-2018, 11:57 AM
6 goals in 2 games and only 2 conceded in the same time, goal difference looking healthy at the moment.

At this moment we are top scorers in the league.

G B Young
23-09-2018, 05:29 PM
No danger was the defender stopping that.

Yes, when you see it from behind the goal it's well away from him. A lightning fast winger might have raced back to nick it clear but credit goes to Kamberi for the finish.