Great find.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Great find.

Sounds like he had a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Milligan was quality - assured, fierce, with little getting by him.
We have an absolute gem on our hands.

Bob Box Fish
22-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Can we go as far as the Australian Sauzee ?

danhibees1875
22-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Can we go as far as the Australian Sauzee ?

The Aussie Sauzee just roles off the tongue.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Thought he was steady and got better as the game went on.

Won’t do anything spectacular but he’s very calm in the middle of the park.

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Barely played 100 minutes of football for us but already looks to be absolutely vital. As good as start as you could ask for

22-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Barely played 100 minutes of football for us but already looks to be absolutely vital. As good as start as you could ask for

Agreed. The missing link in our midfield. Frees up mallan and slivka to do what they’re good at.

Peevemor
22-09-2018, 05:27 PM
There was one point toward the end of the game where he sent a superb pass down the right for Boyle to run onto, except Boyle had already been subbed and Whittaker was there instead (or not as it turned out).

Robbo6-2
22-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Showed a touch of class today.

Broke up play and used the ball really well.

Looks the real deal

PatHead
22-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Impressive performance. Just what we needed in midfield.

Onion
22-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Great to hear he did well. We REALLY needed him to be our solid DM to remove pressure from the other mids and give some protection to our backline. Sounds exactly what we've got.

Rocky, Milligan, Kamberi = solid spine of a good side.

Speedway
22-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Great to hear he did well. We REALLY needed him to be our solid DM to remove pressure from the other mids and give some protection to our backline. Sounds exactly what we've got.

Rocky, Milligan, Kamberi = solid spine of a good side.

I agree but I’m liking the look of bogdan more and more with each game.

Lago
22-09-2018, 05:51 PM
There was one point toward the end of the game where he sent a superb pass down the right for Boyle to run onto, except Boyle had already been subbed and Whittaker was there instead (or not as it turned out).
When did Whittaker play in Boyle's position or Boyle in Whittaker's ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2018, 05:52 PM
He might spell the end of the road for big Marv

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2018, 05:58 PM
When did Whittaker play in Boyle's position or Boyle in Whittaker's ?
Whittaker had overlapped from right back and was in the right wing position

bingo70
22-09-2018, 06:01 PM
He might spell the end of the road for big Marv

Not at all, it’s a long season and I’m sure Marv will still be needed to make a big contribution.

I’m sure Marvin also doesn’t expect to play 40 games any more, still an important squad member though.

Shrekko
22-09-2018, 06:03 PM

Bogdan has been superb since his poor game in Europe. To me he looks a bit steadier than Rocky. Really surprised a lot of folk think Rocky just walks back in.

Milligan was very impressive today.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Very impressed by him today, I think he'll be a big player for us.

The_Horde
22-09-2018, 06:09 PM
No surprises we haven't conceded yet whilst he's been on the pitch.

Peevemor
22-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Whittaker had overlapped from right back and was in the right wing position... but about 5-10yds deeper than Boyle would have been had he still been on the pitch.

Hibs90
22-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Play him and Marv at Tynecastle. :agree:

22-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Play him and Marv at Tynecastle. :agree:

Yep, we'll need the big lads in the middle against that mob as their usual "kick them about" tactics will no doubt be in full swing no doubt.

allmodcons
22-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Some really good individual performances 2nd half today but over the 90 minutes Milligan MoM for me. Fair to say Dundee are poor but looks like a right good player.

Zazu62
22-09-2018, 09:57 PM
The Aussie Sauzee

BILLYHIBS
22-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Bogdan has been superb since his poor game in Europe. To me he looks a bit steadier than Rocky. Really surprised a lot of folk think Rocky just walks back in.

Milligan was very impressive today.

Starting to warm to Bogdan great save from a drive that he tipped around the post early doors

Milligan is the mortar for our bricks we just need time to gel

Smartie
22-09-2018, 10:18 PM

I like Bogdan.

He was a bit shaky initially, but he was nowhere near fit and still coming back from injury.

He's now fit, his confidence has returned and he looks like a really solid keeper.

I'd be in no rush to drop him.

CMurdoch
23-09-2018, 01:10 AM
Was delighted when we signed him and was impatient for him to start playing.
Not disappointed.
Efe and Milligan are 2 classy performers.

HoboHarry
23-09-2018, 04:42 AM
Can't believe the lack of recognition for the two who came out with Aussie Sauzee....... :not worth:top marksThat's brilliant......

Stewboy
23-09-2018, 06:23 AM
I like Bogdan.

He was a bit shaky initially, but he was nowhere near fit and still coming back from injury.

He's now fit, his confidence has returned and he looks like a really solid keeper.

I'd be in no rush to drop him.

Agreed, decent position to be in. Go back 10 years and the argument was which outfield player should we put in goals!

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Not at all, it’s a long season and I’m sure Marv will still be needed to make a big contribution.

I’m sure Marvin also doesn’t expect to play 40 games any more, still an important squad member though.

Would agree with that but if Milligans form means that Marv will play even less than he does now, that might mean he moves on. He would walk into that Dundee team and play every week.

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Would agree with that but if Milligans form means that Marv will play even less than he does now, that might mean he moves on. He would walk into that Dundee team and play every week.Would hate to see Marv leave but on yesterdays showing if Milligan (hopefully) stays fit it's gonna be tough for Marv to get game time I'd think...sadly for him as he's a legend but Milligan deffo looks like an upgrade for the holding role ...offers much more in an attacking sense too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacomo
23-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Would hate to see Marv leave but on yesterdays showing if Milligan (hopefully) stays fit it's gonna be tough for Marv to get game time I'd think...sadly for him as he's a legend but Milligan deffo looks like an upgrade for the holding role ...offers much more in an attacking sense too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We need a squad, not just a first 11, so keeping Marv makes sense.

Also, it could be that both could play together. Especially if we stick with a back 4.

Diclonius
23-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Agreed, decent position to be in. Go back 10 years and the argument was which outfield player should we put in goals!

Maka or McNeil?

IWasThere2016
23-09-2018, 08:30 PM
He was superb

superfurryhibby
23-09-2018, 08:41 PM
We need a squad, not just a first 11, so keeping Marv makes sense.

Also, it could be that both could play together. Especially if we stick with a back 4.

Agreed, one of the key failings of the various Hibs teams I’ve watched in nearly 50 years of going to games has been the lack of depth in the squad. This has been the case since I first trembled at the sight of the Tornadoes in their pomp, right through to Millers best teams, Mowbray and Collins’ sides and the very good teams Stubbs and Lennon have assembled in recent years.

Bartley will play his part this season and will always be a valued part of the squad. We should be keeping him, he’s got qualities that are unique.

Alex Trager
23-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Would agree with that but if Milligans form means that Marv will play even less than he does now, that might mean he moves on. He would walk into that Dundee team and play every week.

It’s a squad game mate. We need both. Marv rarely played last season, especially the second half of it. Hope he stays put

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2018, 06:54 AM
If Marvin Bartley leaves there will be a riot

The reception he got from the fans at Dundee when he was warming up on Saturday was heart warming

He has reached Matty Jackesgue cult status among the fans

He even has his own song ffs!

Hopefully Lenny can find a place for both in his new diamond or upside down Christmas tree formation or whatever you may care to call it.

Besides he has unfinished business at Easter Road as he has to stay to clip Potters wings and score that elusive first goal.

Marvin Bartley! Marvin Bartley! He’s better than that...... :greengrin

B.H.F.C
24-09-2018, 06:59 AM
It’s a squad game mate. We need both. Marv rarely played last season, especially the second half of it. Hope he stays put

It’s fine us saying it’s a squad game. But if we get to January and Marv jas hardly started a game then, at his age, he’s surely going to want to get away and play somewhere.

I think this will be his last season at Hibs.

SlickShoes
24-09-2018, 07:21 AM
It’s fine us saying it’s a squad game. But if we get to January and Marv jas hardly started a game then, at his age, he’s surely going to want to get away and play somewhere.

I think this will be his last season at Hibs.

He will only leave if he gets much better money somewhere else, if Hibs are still paying him a good wage and he can play a part I think he will stay. You can tell from his social media he has a plan of what he wants to do when football finishes for him, maybe being a squad player gives him more time to prepare for that as well.

Mixu62
24-09-2018, 07:29 AM
Can't believe the lack of recognition for the two who came out with Aussie Sauzee....... :not worth:top marksThat's brilliant......

Tune of the hokey cokey;
Oh the Aussie Aussie Sauzee!

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Tune of the hokey cokey;
Oh the Aussie Aussie Sauzee!

First time I’ve heard it, sounds good ! I think it might catch on :thumbsup:

Maybe someone could think up a few words to that chorus “ he puts his right leg in his left leg in and shakes it all about He pings a 50 yard pass.... he takes no prisoners......”

Northernhibee
24-09-2018, 10:06 AM
First time I’ve heard it, sounds good ! I think it might catch on :thumbsup:

Maybe someone could think up a few words to that chorus “ he puts his right leg in his left leg in and shakes it all about He pings a 50 yard pass.... he takes no prisoners......”
He puts the tackle in
Pings the passes out
In out in out and shakes the game about
He hates the Jambo *******s and kens what it’s about
Milligan’s on the rout

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Dear god the John Lennons are out again

IWasThere2016
24-09-2018, 12:55 PM

:faf:

SeanWilson
24-09-2018, 01:36 PM

Actually cringing at the thought of the whole of Easter road singing the football equivalent of the hokey cokey 😳🤣🤣

SirDavidsNapper
24-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Actually cringing at the thought of the whole of Easter road singing the football equivalent of the hokey cokey 😳🤣🤣

Between that and the Baby Shark doo doo doo idea for worst suggestion for a football song ever

04Sauzee
24-09-2018, 02:03 PM

You never did the Houchey Houchey then :)

Northernhibee
24-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Imagine there’s no Aussies
It’s not easy if you try
No McLaren or Milligan
Throwing shrimps on the bar-bye

Imagine there’s no Lennon
Bawling at the ref

Oooooooh

You may say I’m a Jambo
Or an undercover hun