PDA

View Full Version : Lennons Hibs are different.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2018, 04:30 PM
We have been very unfortunate with injuries already this season, Daz has missed a lot, Kamberi too, now McLaren, With Hanlon missing a game and SDG missing a couple its been difficult for the manager to get a settled side, but we are sitting 2nd. :aok:

I dont expect us to finish 2nd this season, i'd take 4th again now if i was given it, because i said it pre season, we need to be in Europe more often to progress. The income from Europe and increased crowds will give us the money to keep improving the squad.

So basically, good result Hibs, we can forget about the Livi one and treat it as our Hamilton Blip hopefully, and concentrate on our next game on Tuesday.

Win that and we are back at Hampden, we have a different look to the team now, but these are still the good times, its up to Lenny and his team to make this continue, Lenny has never let us down so far, i have every confidence he will carry it on. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
22-09-2018, 04:32 PM
We have been very unfortunate with injuries already this season, Daz has missed a lot, Kamberi too, now McLaren, With Hanlon missing a game and SDG missing a couple its been difficult for the manager to get a settled side, but we are sitting 2nd. :aok:

I dont expect us to finish 2nd this season, i'd take 4th again now if i was given it, because i said it pre season, we need to be in Europe more often to progress. The income from Europe and increased crowds will give us the money to keep improving the squad.

So basically, good result Hibs, we can forget about the Livi one and treat it as our Hamilton Blip hopefully, and concentrate on our next game on Tuesday.

Win that and we are back at Hampden, we have a different look to the team now, but these are still the good times, its up to Lenny and his team to make this continue, Lenny has never let us down so far, i have every confidence he will carry it on. :thumbsup:

I'm loving your new found positivity, BH.

:hibees

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2018, 04:36 PM

It's not new found, i always enjoy a Hibs team who punch their weight. I dont enjoy a Hibs team that are pish, and have someone at the helm bringing in sheite players creating sheite teams.

Give me a Hibs team that will be fighting for a European place every season and i'm more than happy.

Scorrie
22-09-2018, 04:39 PM

Spot on

CathroMustStay
22-09-2018, 04:48 PM
One Neil Lennon, there's only one Neil Lennon!

NLGAWA

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

cleanyman
22-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Love Lenny

Now roll on Tuesday

One Day Soon
22-09-2018, 04:52 PM

I always thought Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was a great film.

jacomo
22-09-2018, 04:53 PM
I’m a big fan of Lenny but does this need another thread?

He’s a good manager, I hope he stays for a long while yet, but the hero worship is easy when we win.

Just hope the support keeps the faith if we have a tricky spell.

Stevie Reid
22-09-2018, 04:55 PM
We have so much quality in the squad, thanks to our quality manager. If we can get a settled line up with Kamberi and Maclaren both up top at some point, it would be great to see what we can do.

Flo is so important for us. No coincidence that his return has seen two wins.

Keith_M
22-09-2018, 04:55 PM
It's not new found, i always enjoy a Hibs team who punch their weight. I dont enjoy a Hibs team that are pish, and have someone at the helm bringing in sheite players creating sheite teams.

Give me a Hibs team that will be fighting for a European place every season and i'm more than happy.

It was meant to be a compliment, and I agreed with every word in your OP

I always thought Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was a great film.

:greengrin

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2018, 04:56 PM

He’s a good manager, I hope he stays for a long while yet, but the hero worship is easy when we win.

Boooooooo

bingo70
22-09-2018, 04:57 PM

I think it does.

He’s the best manager we’ve had in my lifetime so there’s no harm appreciating him while he’s here.

Going into a game away from home against a team with no wins in 5 and a team needing, and due a win, is exactly the sort of game we normally drop points in. As Blackpool says though, this Hibs team is a different beast to the other hibs teams I’ve known.

cleanyman
22-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Great.

Lets crack on with the 50 Hearts threads and 1,000 posts a day on SJM

04Sauzee
22-09-2018, 05:00 PM

Think the thread is well deserved, he gets stick after poor results so deserves plaudits when things go well. He's had to adjust the system and style of play due to summer departures and injuries this season. Not sure how long we will have him for so more than happy to see fans on side.

Speedway
22-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Lennon is a team builder.

I think we’ll learn how Good a team builder he is once he’s gone.

bingo70
22-09-2018, 05:40 PM

I think we know that now?

bawheid
22-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Depends how we replace him.

147lothian
22-09-2018, 05:48 PM

I couldn't agree more, just imagine loosing McGinn, McGeough and Allan under some of our previous managers, we are very fortunate to have a winner at the helm long may it continue

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Much better shape about the whole team today..Milligan for me is gonna be a massively important player this season..looks the missing link we've been crying out for

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

norhfc
22-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I am 54 and being following the Hibees since early 70s. I have more confindence in Lennon than any other manager I can remember. Sure I will get dogs for that but it’s how I feel right now.

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 06:04 PM
I am 54 and being following the Hibees since early 70s. I have more confindence in Lennon than any other manager I can remember. Sure I will get dogs for that but it’s how I feel right now.

Can't disagree with that actually...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-09-2018, 06:07 PM
I love Neil Lennon.

hughio
22-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Me too..and I’m older😎.NL and GP are looking long term and are working steadily as best they can with the available resources and a supportive Board towards building a serious challenging team for our league.With the Scottish Cup feel good factor and good gates it’s a positive opportunity for them to really achieve something with our Club .People sense this.....

Hibbyradge
22-09-2018, 06:58 PM
For a team desperate for another striker and light upfront, we've currently scored the most goals in the league with 12.

Even the champions elect, or have they won it already, have only scored 11.

Sevco will probably overtake us tomorrow but Celtc, unusually, are struggling to score, with only 5 to date.

hfc rd
22-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Best Hibs manager in my lifetime

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2018, 09:49 AM
It was meant to be a compliment, and I agreed with every word in your OP

:greengrin

I knew that, i just get a bit fed up at that when we are having good times like we are currently having, some folk seem to still be unhappy, yet when we were pish they would roll out excuse after excuse.

We need to enjoy these times, as they dont come around that often, and under Lennon it does look like there will be more. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
23-09-2018, 09:55 AM
I am 54 and being following the Hibees since early 70s. I have more confindence in Lennon than any other manager I can remember. Sure I will get dogs for that but it’s how I feel right now.I think the same way. Knew we'd got a winner as soon as we appointed him.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
23-09-2018, 10:09 AM

I totally agree.

Funnily enough I wasn't exactly blown away when we appointed him. He had a lot to prove after easy success at Celtic and an impossible task at Bolton, but he won me over very early indeed.

I love listening to him talk about football, I love the way he can change games with tactical switches and substitutions. I love the high tempo attacking football we play, I love the way we're never beaten until the final whistle blows and I love the way he winds people up just by being who he is.

He's the best Hibs manager in my lifetime.

Peevemor
23-09-2018, 10:11 AM
(I posted this on the Martin Boyle thread, but it's equally pertinent here)

There's something that Boyle has mentioned in a few interviews (as did Agyepong yesterday and Barker last season). Lennon tells them to take players on and to "risk" things, but telling them that it doesn't matter if it doesn't work as it might work the next time, and if that doesn't work either then it'll work the time after that...

Guys like that need that sort of attitude and encouragement from their manager and there's no doubt, in my mind, that this is reflected by the persistence shown by the team even when we're behind toward the end of the game.

You're far more likely to lose confidence if the manager screams at you every time something doesn't come off.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2018, 10:23 AM
(I posted this on the Martin Boyle thread, but it's equally pertinent here)

There's something that Boyle has mentioned in a few interviews (as did Agyepong yesterday and Barker last season). Lennon tells them to take players on and to "risk" things, but telling them that it doesn't matter if it doesn't work as it might work the next time, and if that doesn't work either then it'll work the time after that...

Guys like that need that sort of attitude and encouragement from their manager and there's no doubt, in my mind, that this is reflected by the persistence shown by the team even when we're behind toward the end of the game.

You're far more likely to lose confidence if the manager screams at you every time something doesn't come off.

Exactly right.

The same applies to the fans. If they scream abuse everytime a player fails to beat his man, they'll eventually Lise confidence and stop trying.

But they pays their money ... :rolleyes:

Keith_M
23-09-2018, 10:23 AM
I knew that, i just get a bit fed up at that when we are having good times like we are currently having, some folk seem to still be unhappy, yet when we were pish they would roll out excuse after excuse.

We need to enjoy these times, as they dont come around that often, and under Lennon it does look like there will be more. :greengrin

Too true.

BT58
23-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Having lost our 3 midfielders from last season and, ( plus injuries to key players) NL has built a new team and we are playing well. Not getting carried away as we have a tough run of games coming up. Im sure NL will take the next game as the most important. What i do like is the the comments from Tam, he get us. WE ARE HIBS.... NL is a good manager, long may he continue. Hopefully he will be with us a while longer
B

matty_f
23-09-2018, 11:27 AM

You're spot on.

I really struggle to get my head around folk who don't give concessions to the team for injuries or the odd poor performance, or who can't take into consideration that having a settled side makes a difference, as does being able to work with the players on the training pitch - something that Lennon didn't have much time to do while we were in Europe.

We'll get better as the season goes, I think we'll strengthen again in January and have a good season.

Tug Wilson
23-09-2018, 12:30 PM
You're spot on.

I really struggle to get my head around folk who don't give concessions to the team for injuries or the odd poor performance, or who can't take into consideration that having a settled side makes a difference, as does being able to work with the players on the training pitch - something that Lennon didn't have much time to do while we were in Europe.

We'll get better as the season goes, I think we'll strengthen again in January and have a good season.

Where do you think we will strengthen?

I would have thought that up front but if Flo and Jamie are doing the business then getting better might be difficult.

Scott Allan? Only if the midfield has not settled into a decent shape.

jacomo
23-09-2018, 03:17 PM

They might not be the same people.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2018, 03:37 PM
They might not be the same people.

Some were, especially when we were losing to Alloa and Morton the excuses from one especially was fantastic, yet when we are actually winning against the team from the Faroes, you'd have thought we were getting pumped by Hearts.

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2018, 03:47 PM
I was at a game last week where my team got humped from PSV 7-0, aye 7-0 and the fans for the most stayed to the end and gave them applause when the game was over. The team always walk round the pitch after the game and believe me, have had dogs abuse thrown at them, but, the supporters know where the club is and is trying to get to and the fans are behind them, their game last nite was a 1-1 away to Vitesse, thats a bloody good point.so my point is, aye, get angry when things are going against you, but, ffs support them, WE know where were trying to get to, and by the way, winning the league is not a pipe dream.

On another note, keep behind our players, for some, confidence is everything.