PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 10/28 v Rangers? A golf/whisky/ER odyssey...

WYHibbees
21-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Hello Hibs.netters. I've got a couple Hibs-related travel questions - my wife is newly pregnant with our second child and I'm working on putting together a vision quest. I fear my plans of a 10-day trip back over there to play golf, drink whisky, and watch Hibs are in jeopardy. I have a lot of United miles and a (for now) supportive wife. Contemplating a rally over there ASAP to get a little slice of freedom in before I'm back on infant duty. Could be 3-4 years before I get a chance to pull this off again...

*background* became a Hibs fan due to Irvine Welsh, FIFA 12, and a walk down to Easter Road on a family trip over there during Euro 12. The long suffering fans and Irish roots resonated well with me after I learned more about wtf Welsh was talking about in all those books. Hibs.tv subscriber and was watching at 6am on 21.5.16 - Henderson to deliver and SoL never sounded better! Still play with Hibs on FIFA and have a winter hat and some shorts for the gym.

Think I'll only have a 5-6 day window to pull this off, including travel. Have heard that golf in November requires fairway mats, which sounds sub-optimal. My options are to either rally for Hamilton on 10/6, or try get a ticket to see the zombie huns on 10/28. How hard will it be to get a ticket or two for that game? I'm hoping to rustle up a buddy to travel with so may need two tickets. I could also see my theoretical travel partner being more interested in another round of golf, so may only need one.

Thanks for any ideas/information, GGTTH!!!

Billy Whizz
21-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Better trying for the Hamilton game. If either Hibs or Rangers qualify in the Betfred Cup next week, the Rangers game will be postponed as the the semi finals will be on 27th/28th October

You could always until after next midweeks Cup games, as we may be in a semi final at Hampden 27/28 October

WYHibbees
21-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Man, that's great info Billy Whizz. Guess I could go to the semi at Hampden and base the trip out of Glasgow? Wouldn't get me to a match at ER and I'd be mixing with the soap dodgers but it would get me closer to the Lagavulin distillery and some of the other awesome stuff on the west side of Scotland. Hamilton is also an option but that's coming up quick!

Thanks again BW, cheers!

Billy Whizz
21-09-2018, 04:19 PM
Man, that's great info Billy Whizz. Guess I could go to the semi at Hampden and base the trip out of Glasgow? Wouldn't get me to a match at ER and I'd be mixing with the soap dodgers but it would get me closer to the Lagavulin distillery and some of the other awesome stuff on the west side of Scotland. Hamilton is also an option but that's coming up quick!

Thanks again BW, cheers!

You’d be safer with the Hamilton match though, you’ll get tickets fine, and the date won’t change

Hibbyradge
21-09-2018, 05:17 PM
You’d be safer with the Hamilton match though, you’ll get tickets fine, and the date won’t change

Plus, you'll be on the data base and will be able to get tickets for future category 'A' games.

You wouldn't get a ticket for the Sevco game even if it goes ahead.

I'm_cabbaged
21-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Get your golf on a links course and there’ll be no mats 😉

WYHibbees
22-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Get your golf on a links course and there’ll be no mats 😉
Not afraid of links golf, I'm from North Dakota - one big links course really.

Thanks for all the other ideas. Doesn't look like I can make the travel work for the Hamilton game (wife on work trip until the 4th, no cheap tickets get me there in time for game). Probably going to wait and see what the schedule looks like after the League Cup games and see what I can pull off. One of my FIFA buddies is a university coach and told me last night that he has some pals over there that might be able to help out if Hibs vs Sevco stays on the fixture list.

tamig
22-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Plus, you'll be on the data base and will be able to get tickets for future category 'A' games.

You wouldn't get a ticket for the Sevco game even if it goes ahead.
I’m sure it could be arranged to get a ticket for the hun game.