PDA

View Full Version : Academy Graduates

Greenbeard
21-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Following on from the thread about the fundraising dinner, can anyone with better knowledge than me quantify how many of our current 18-19 first team squad have come through the Hibs Academy and how does this compare to that other team, Tic, Hunsh-ites and Sheep? I'm guessing it compares well but would be interesting to see the figures.

Jack
21-09-2018, 05:08 PM
To to the "detailed" tab for each club you're interested in.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Hibs currently have 4 players from the Hibs wee teams; Hanlon, Stevenson, Porteous and Shaw.

overdrive
21-09-2018, 05:22 PM
To to the "detailed" tab for each club you're interested in.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Hibs currently have 4 players from the Hibs wee teams; Hanlon, Stevenson, Porteous and Shaw.

Whittaker as well.

calumhibee1
21-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Whittaker as well.

Lewis Allan would have to be included seeing as he’s started a game aswell.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Jamie Gullan played in the Faroe Islands Europa League qualifying game

Mibbes Aye
21-09-2018, 08:21 PM
I think as things stand, we are looking as healthy as we ever have since the likes of Brown, Riordan etc.

Stevenson came first, Hanlon followed but was pushed ahead of his peers who won the dev league and Cup double IIRC. Unfortunately none of them quite made it to the same level.

As it stands I think Porteous and Shaw both look good for the future and from roughly that age group there are several more - Murray, Martin, Stirling, Mackie, Gullan and hopefully Allan, at the least - who could hopefully progress.

That final leap is very, very difficult though and if Porteous and Shaw alone each get a career at top-level then that’s a big success (and that’s not guaranteed). Hopefully they do and hopefully the guys in their peer group also progress.

CMurdoch
22-09-2018, 02:15 AM
I think as things stand, we are looking as healthy as we ever have since the likes of Brown, Riordan etc.

Stevenson came first, Hanlon followed but was pushed ahead of his peers who won the dev league and Cup double IIRC. Unfortunately none of them quite made it to the same level.

As it stands I think Porteous and Shaw both look good for the future and from roughly that age group there are several more - Murray, Martin, Stirling, Mackie, Gullan and hopefully Allan, at the least - who could hopefully progress.

That final leap is very, very difficult though and if Porteous and Shaw alone each get a career at top-level then that’s a big success (and that’s not guaranteed). Hopefully they do and hopefully the guys in their peer group also progress.

I don't think people realise how hard it is to make that final leap.
Porteous has been the best bet in a while. He has a good combination of strength and intelligence.

overdrive
22-09-2018, 02:18 AM

Indeed. How could I forget him? I really rate him.

Haymaker
22-09-2018, 03:37 AM
I don't think people realise how hard it is to make that final leap.
Porteous has been the best bet in a while. He has a good combination of strength and intelligence.

:agree:

A friend of mine works in an EPL academy and if they get a youth player per year numbered it's seen as a success.

Greenbeard
22-09-2018, 09:40 AM
So looks like the corrected info from www.transfermarket.co.uk would put us at six regular 18-19 squad members (if you include Allan but not Gullan), rather than the at-a-glance four from their listing. So their info is maybe not 100% reliable.

Other at-a-glance scores are:
That other team x4 (but this includes Jamie Brandon who was a Hunsh-ite at U17 and U20 level first and left them on a free ie a Hun reject, and also Marcus Godhino who came from Canada ?????, so I'd say their score is more like x2)
Sheep x4
Tic x4
Hunsh-ites x1