PDA

View Full Version : Will to win...

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2018, 06:46 PM
So with the departure of McGinn - who arguably had the biggest will to win in the team driving us on - who’s picking up the mantle?

For me it’s a toss up between McGregor and Sir David Gray...

G B Young
20-09-2018, 07:11 PM
So with the departure of McGinn - who arguably had the biggest will to win in the team driving us on - who’s picking up the mantle?

For me it’s a toss up between McGregor and Sir David Gray...

You're probably right with those two. Gray in particular. It might seem odd to describe him as an usung hero given his place in the club's history, but his presence on the field is invaluable and he's been a wonderful signing for Hibs. On the Time for Heroes video his 'Get in!' reaction to hearing we'd drawn the yams away in the cup marks him out as just the kind of guy you want in your team.

CentreLine
20-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Early days but I think Horgan might just fit the bill

Onion
20-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Is will to win more important at Hibs level than ability ? Look at the Yams, clearly lots of will to win but little quality, sitting top of the league. Huns draw tonight, huge commitment as it's all new to the New Boys, but Celtic look tired and weary and likely to get beat by Rosenburg.

Carheenlea
20-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Ryan Porteous isn’t shy with his vocal encouragement and in time will be driving us on from his berth at the back.

SirDavidsNapper
20-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Early days but I think Horgan might just fit the bill

I agree. He looks so fired up during games

G B Young
20-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Is will to win more important at Hibs level than ability ? Look at the Yams, clearly lots of will to win but little quality, sitting top of the league. Huns draw tonight, huge commitment as it's all new to the New Boys, but Celtic look tired and weary and likely to get beat by Rosenburg.

You need both. Good example of that was when Sauzee and Yogi played in the same team. There's an interview with Sauzee when he recalls how infectious Yogi's will to win ahead of the 3-0 Millennium derby got the whole dressing room buzzing. Couple that with having a talent like Sauzee in the side and you're in with a shout of winning any game.

danhibees1875
20-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Boyle is a shout too. Chases anything and runs all day. The way he'll get kicked a dozen times and just bounces up for more is inspiring.

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Milligan from 20 minutes looked to have a drive about him and even being a new guy , was telling those around him what do certainly in their positioning.
For me the more winners the better, happy to have 5-6 -7-8 on the park.

Lewiehas2
21-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Hoping Milligan will be that for us, need a driving force in midfield. But agree that Gray pushes us on too.

WeeRussell
21-09-2018, 11:33 AM
I think Gray may have claimed the top spot for this even before McGinn's departure.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2018, 11:35 AM
David Gray

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
21-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Sir David & Daz certainly are but I'd say less vocal players such as Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson show that in their actions too with their level of effort and willingness to throw themselves into last ditch tackles. I don't think Lenny will tolerate players who don't have the necessary desire for any length of time.

lord bunberry
21-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Hopefully it’s Milligan in the future. It’s important to have a player like that in the middle of the park.