PDA

View Full Version : Bones for dogs ?

MSK
20-09-2018, 06:14 PM
We have a Cocker Spaniel, had him for a month, the previous dog we had (Yorkie) had the usual treats for good behaviour etc. We used to go to Morrisons and get bones/end cuts for him which he loved. We were at Tesco yesterday and asked the Butcher if they had any bones/end cuts but they said they were not allowed to do that now because of some new law.

Do any other places still do cuts, ie independant Butcher shops or other supermarket chains other than Tesco. Unsure if it is just Tesco or all chains have stopped.

Thanks for any advice 👍

pollution
20-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Where do you live? I could recommend some places

MSK
20-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Where do you live? I could recommend some placesWillowbrae area mate 👍

brianmc
20-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Disappointed to read this.....

I'd initially thought it was going to be a comedy thread. You know, like 'andles for forks etc

Ah well, I've got a cat so I'm out 🤭

Hibbyradge
20-09-2018, 07:44 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/17/give-the-dog-a-bone-vets-warn-pet-owners-not-to-do-it/

MSK
20-09-2018, 07:44 PM

I'd initially thought it was going to be a comedy thread. You know, like 'andles for forks etc

Ah well, I've got a cat so I'm out 🤭Well its a start, thread is in the dug out 🤭

MSK
20-09-2018, 07:54 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/17/give-the-dog-a-bone-vets-warn-pet-owners-not-to-do-it/Wow thats interesting to read, we have had dogs (Labradors) for many years and always gave them big muckle bones to chew with no health issues to the dogs. Our current dog has had marrow bones, he digs away at the marrow and ones thats gone he abandons the bones, they are now ornaments in the back garden 🤭

heretoday
20-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Ah well, I've got a cat so I'm out 🤭
Man walks into a butcher and says do you have any bones for my cat?
Cat? We don't even have bones for dogs!

Will that do? I just thought it up. Needs some work.

brianmc
20-09-2018, 08:30 PM

5/10.
Best effort so far 😂

Moulin Yarns
20-09-2018, 09:14 PM
My local butchers provides bones for dogs if you fancy a trip to Pitlochry.

MSK
20-09-2018, 09:24 PM
My local butchers provides bones for dogs if you fancy a trip to Pitlochry.Bit too far mate, dug biscuits for the time being 😆

speedy_gonzales
21-09-2018, 12:19 AM
I don't have a dog myself but my mate who has two hounds was advised that some bones can splinter and cause problems. He now buys pigs ears, he gets them from the garden centre at East Calder. The dogs get a crackin' chew from them but after a while they don't half stink!

MSK
21-09-2018, 04:33 AM
I don't have a dog myself but my mate who has two hounds was advised that some bones can splinter and cause problems. He now buys pigs ears, he gets them from the garden centre at East Calder. The dogs get a crackin' chew from them but after a while they don't half stink!Yeah they do stink, my Daughter bought him a hoof !! It looks gruesome, full of horrible meaty stuff, he was actually scared of it and wouldnt touch it for days before becoming a bit braver and chomping it 😆

Jay
21-09-2018, 09:35 AM
I don't have a dog myself but my mate who has two hounds was advised that some bones can splinter and cause problems. He now buys pigs ears, he gets them from the garden centre at East Calder. The dogs get a crackin' chew from them but after a while they don't half stink!

Tell him to use the cafe and leave a huge tip :greengrin

speedy_gonzales
21-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Tell him to use the cafe and leave a huge tip :greengrin

Ah, do you work there on occasion Mrs S? If so, next time I'm in I'll say hello, I'd certainly recognise you as every Hibs.net bus I'm on to Hampden stops at Deer Park to pick your group up, unfortunately half the guys always decant to use the toilets there,,,,, it's like herding cats!

Jay
21-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Ah, do you work there on occasion Mrs S? If so, next time I'm in I'll say hello, I'd certainly recognise you as every Hibs.net bus I'm on to Hampden stops at Deer Park to pick your group up, unfortunately half the guys always decant to use the toilets there,,,,, it's like herding cats!

My son works there at weekends and holidays. He's far more efficient than me :greengrin

The home made cheesecakes are fab. :aok:

pollution
21-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Willowbrae area mate 👍

Drum Feeds at Danderhall have pig ears, bones etc specifically for dogs. Cheap as anything.

H18BYM
21-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Our local Morrisons (Granton) sell marrow and meaty bones that we give to our dog.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2018, 11:33 AM
I've gave a few dogs a bone over the years, its not splintered yet! :-)

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2018, 03:19 PM
I've gave a few dogs a bone over the years, its not splintered yet! :-)

Cool for cats.

Hibby70
22-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Man walks into a butcher and says do you have cat bones?

No says the butcher, but if I did I'd lick my own balls.

Wheres my coat?

Jones28
27-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Man walks into a butcher and says do you have cat bones?

No says the butcher, but if I did I'd lick my own balls.

Wheres my coat?

That's excellent 😂😂😂😂