PDA

View Full Version : Big Mouth Levein

Billy Whizz
18-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Back in the dugout 5 mins and having a pop at Dundee United

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1431048-united-slam-levein-claims-as-derogatory-and-misleading/

SirDavidsNapper
18-09-2018, 11:24 AM
He has to be the most disliked individual in Scottish Football and that's some going. You'd think with all the people rising over it to wish him well after his short health scare he'd keep a low profile and show a bit of respect.

CMurdoch
18-09-2018, 11:34 AM
If he had left the "nearly ruined" comment out of this interview it would have been fine but to say that is out of order and forced DU to come back at him.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2018, 11:38 AM
He's a guy who it's very difficult to warm to.

G B Young
18-09-2018, 11:40 AM
He has to be the most disliked individual in Scottish Football and that's some going. You'd think with all the people rising over it to wish him well after his short health scare he'd keep a low profile and show a bit of respect.

It's classic Levein arrogance, the implication being that it's only thanks to HIM that Souttar's career was 'saved'. As you say, plenty of sympathy for the guy when he took ill, but he's got a inflated opinion of his own worth bearing in mind his shambolic stewardship of the national team.

Bostonhibby
18-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Doctor football is back. Expert and commentator on all aspects of football so long as winning absolutely nothing, ever, is the benchmark.

The man who ushered in the Cathro revolution and signed all the players.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Chic Murray
18-09-2018, 11:49 AM
I must say, it's refreshing that things are back to normal, and we can stop patronising him with good wishes. Man's a welt.

The_Horde
18-09-2018, 11:51 AM
He's probably about right though to be fair.

Lendo
18-09-2018, 11:55 AM
He's probably about right though to be fair.

Agreed. I don't personally see to much wrong in what he said.

Juniper Greens
18-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Feels like he is trying to belittle Dundee Uniteds involvement in his development in order to reduce the development fee they'd be due them when he moves on.

neil7908
18-09-2018, 11:59 AM
His hoof ball tactics and team of hammer throwers kicking anything that moves have been responsible for far more damage to individuals and the game as a whole.

The guy who invented the 4-6-0 should never criticise any one else in football.

Extra classy given its a club who he used to manage and did pretty well by him.

Beefster
18-09-2018, 12:01 PM
That Jambo prick could say "Beefster's nan is a saint" and I'd still have an instinctive need to disagree with him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-09-2018, 12:05 PM
BBC Sportsound love his 'cheeky chappy' antics.

Rumble de Thump
18-09-2018, 12:07 PM
The person who has had the biggest impact on Souttar's career is his non-existent Australian granny.

H18S NX
18-09-2018, 12:12 PM
The man's a tolly.

St Pauli Hibee
18-09-2018, 12:16 PM
His team are sat top of the league with maximum points from their first 5 games and instead of trying to get credit for his players he puts the spotlight back on himself.

He is such a selfish, big headed and miserable human being

KeithTheHibby
18-09-2018, 12:18 PM
This the manager of the club who a few years ago played Callum Paterson in every position under the sun almost destroying his confidence? The hypocrisy is staggering at times from that club.

Brightside
18-09-2018, 12:19 PM
So he is claiming that young boys of 16 should only ever play in one position..... thats development!

Delboy4
18-09-2018, 12:22 PM
What a load of keeeek he is spouting.

Any development coach will tell you that sometimes you have to play a player in different positions to see where he is comfortable.

I was coach at Cowdenbeath years ago with Keith Wright and Mickey Weir. I had a player who thought he was a centre forward but when I played him at right back, he was outstanding...it's all
about developing a player and finding his strengths.

Levein away and boil yer heid

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2018, 12:24 PM
The man's a tolly.

Don't think I've saw/heard that word being used by anyone this century! Well done, takes me back to my extremely young days. :-)

hibsbollah
18-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Interesting that Souttar played in the same team as Ryan Gauld and was coached by Ian Cathro. The article is probably an attempt by Levein to big up himself and his pals (Cathro and Houston) while belittling Mixu and Jackie McNamara.

Levein is a funny wee political character. He's got pals and enemies and i dont think he easily forgets or forgives. Bitter man. Who shat himself in 86.

weecounty hibby
18-09-2018, 12:26 PM
This is all about his favourite person, himself. It's a look how I have turned around a player who was almost ruined. He's a ****er, who has been and always will be a loser. 2nd best is the best Craig has ever been but we have BBC Scotland slavering at the mouth every time he speaks. The mediocrity and 640 all forgotten. Along with the hearts years of overspending, going tits up, bumping creditors including charities, fans attacking players and managers of the opposition, players leaving due to racist fans it's all swept under the carpet and they are now being held up as an example for us all to follow. And who can forget the £15m unfinished, restricted view, building site that is the new stand, all conveniently ignored. Let's not forget the pitch is too small to play international matches on but the media still keep going on about Tiny getting full internationals. The PR dept, assisted by the media, is unbelievable. In all senses of the word!

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2018, 12:30 PM
How do you guys get so worked up by him?

Why even read what he has to say if you always think he talks crap?

Just ignore him if he bothers you so much.

hibsbollah
18-09-2018, 12:36 PM
How do you guys get so worked up by him?

Why even read what he has to say if you always think he talks crap?

Just ignore him if he bothers you so much.

Last week he was seriously ill, and it was all:boo hoo::hug::love ya!:
Now he's better, and its all :grr:

What do you expect?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2018, 12:39 PM

What do you expect?

I chose to keep a dignified silence last week, delighted he's fair game again! :-)

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2018, 12:42 PM

What do you expect?

I’d prefer not to have to read about him every day on here!!

I could go on kickback instead.

BullsCloseHibs
18-09-2018, 12:43 PM

What do you expect?

Ill or not, he is and always will be an utter bell end. I cannot stand him. He could come out with these comments if he had been decent at United or Scotland. But he wasn't. Wish he'd disappear.

BullsCloseHibs
18-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Don't think I've saw/heard that word being used by anyone this century! Well done, takes me back to my extremely young days. :-)

How about 'hard-o'? (as in I've got one).

Keith_M
18-09-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm confused, I thought we all loved Wee Craigie nowadays and that he's got a fantastically dry sense of humour?

Thinks change so quickly nowadays it's hard to keep up.

hibsbollah
18-09-2018, 12:45 PM
I chose to keep a dignified silence last week, delighted he's fair game again! :-)

I didn't, I still pointed out he was a ****ing **** on the Levein is Sick thread, but that's just me :greengrin

I suppose if he'd have actually croaked it I would have felt a bit of a tit.

SRHibs
18-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Seems to have had a huge hand in improving DU’s youth setup when he was the manager. Maybe just feels that his own work is being wasted when stuff like that happens? Arrogant, but a wee bit understandable.

TheHarpy76
18-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Thank Christ he’s started his pish again.
I can get back to hating the ****.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2018, 12:56 PM
How about 'hard-o'? (as in I've got one).

Back to last century again! :-)

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2018, 01:02 PM
The man's a tolly.

a big jambo joabie :agree:

Chic Murray
18-09-2018, 01:03 PM
a big jambo joabie :agree:

A Yam Floating Minister.

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2018, 01:05 PM
A Yam Floating Minister.

the chief turd

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2018, 01:10 PM
I can see his point, he could have maybe worded it better but not that much wrong with what he said.

Baader
18-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Should just stick to winning trophies.

Geo_1875
18-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Seems to have had a huge hand in improving DU’s youth setup when he was the manager. Maybe just feels that his own work is being wasted when stuff like that happens? Arrogant, but a wee bit understandable.

Seems to think he's a footballing genius. I imagine Pep and Jose have his number on speed dial. The man is arrogant with no reason to be.

Bangkok Hibby
18-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Haha me too but I'd spell it toley

hibsbollah
18-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Haha me too but I'd spell it toley

:agree:Definitely 'toley'. Very common in nineteen seventies Edinburgh, along with 'wide oh'

Bostonhibby
18-09-2018, 03:29 PM
:agree:Definitely 'toley'. Very common in nineteen seventies Edinburgh, along with 'wide oh'[emoji106]

You can't beat a good Edinburgh toley.

Not In The Know
18-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Did you read his comments about the challenge with Motherwell goalie Carson breaking his ankle?

He said "if you ask me i would be unhappy with my goalie"

Classless fud!

Jim44
18-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Along with Victor Meldrew, he’s one of the biggest tossers in Scottish football management.

greenlex
18-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Can I be the last to wish him well?😃

Tinribs
18-09-2018, 03:56 PM
:agree:Definitely 'toley'. Very common in nineteen seventies Edinburgh, along with 'wide oh'

Potter is a wide-oh with a big geggie

Bangkok Hibby
18-09-2018, 04:01 PM

Another blast from the past..."Shut yer geggie" :agree::agree:

Col2
18-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Loser as a player, loser as a manager.

Just think he has NEVER tasted the feeling of winning a trophy.

And our Lewis has done it twice already!

hibsbollah
18-09-2018, 04:11 PM

Yon wide-oh whae left a toley in a dundee cludgie.

Scots whahey

Iggy Pope
18-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Interesting that Souttar played in the same team as Ryan Gauld and was coached by Ian Cathro. The article is probably an attempt by Levein to big up himself and his pals (Cathro and Houston) while belittling Mixu and Jackie McNamara.

Levein is a funny wee political character. He's got pals and enemies and i dont think he easily forgets or forgives. Bitter man. Who shat himself in 86.

Utterly disliked by one or two of his, shall we say more 'celebrated' team mates.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2018, 04:20 PM
The man's an arse but we knew that already.

EastThomasSTboy
18-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Agreed. I don't personally see to much wrong in what he said.

Agree with the above, ....If I was a manager and thought one of my players had been mucked about as a youngster, I would hopefully have the strength to speak out about it.

GGTTH.:agree:

Billy Whizz
18-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Must be a song in this

pollution
18-09-2018, 04:56 PM
[emoji106]

What happened to the pudding part?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-09-2018, 05:01 PM

This...

Fanny of the highest order.

Carheenlea
18-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Only last week he was taking about about how some in the world of football had been different class with their well wishes and support during his health scare, shame he hasn’t taken any of it on board and considered conducting himself in a more dignified manner himself.

Bostonhibby
18-09-2018, 05:15 PM
What happened to the pudding part?Silent H in there somewhere? [emoji6]

H18S NX
18-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Urban Dictionary: Tolly (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly)https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly

by John Tolly November 06, 2006. 74 49. Get the mug ... Means faeces, jobby, poo,****,crap. ... I am going to do a tolly in your shoes if you dont shut up!

PatHead
18-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Agree with the above, ....If I was a manager and thought one of my players had been mucked about as a youngster, I would hopefully have the strength to speak out about it.

GGTTH.:agree:

At one time while Jack Hamilton was the greatest young keeper in the history of the game, Hearts under his directorship, continued to play him and ruined his confidence.

Pot, kettle, black

18-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Mr Football tactical Guru gifts us with his insight once again :rolleyes:

One of footballs most dislikable individuals whos arrogance is remarkable given hes won sweet FA his whole career as both player and manager. Best ignored.

18-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Only last week he was taking about about how some in the world of football had been different class with their well wishes and support during his health scare, shame he hasn’t taken any of it on board and considered conducting himself in a more dignified manner himself.

Levein wouldn't know dignity if it smacked him square in the face.

Smartie
18-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Urban Dictionary: Tolly (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly)https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly

by John Tolly November 06, 2006. 74 49. Get the mug ... Means faeces, jobby, poo,****,crap. ... I am going to do a tolly in your shoes if you dont shut up!

"Hiya........,Doddie? Hiya pal. Naw, ah'm no gonnae be able tae play oan Setirday. Aye, the skitters - ah huvnae done a solid tolly fur shree days. Gie the boys mah best."

lapsedhibee
18-09-2018, 10:32 PM

On some old maps of Portobello, the beach is cried "Toley Beach".

Geo_1875
19-09-2018, 07:56 AM
On some old maps of Portobello, the beach is cried "Toley Beach".

That was a common name for Porty in the days when the sewage treatment plant was less than perfect.

Brunswickbill
19-09-2018, 08:38 AM
That was a common name for Porty in the days when the sewage treatment plant was less than perfect.

Aye , they used to say that you didn’t swim at Porty, you just went through the motions.

Jack Hackett
19-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Aye , they used to say that you didn’t swim at Porty, you just went through the motions.

:tee hee:

Like it :greengrin

Onion
19-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Not by the media, they love him. Good copy.

Not sure why he's such a bitter individual. As you say, most in his position would just be very thankful for having his health back and reflective on their attitude toward others.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-09-2018, 08:57 AM
[emoji106]

You can, it'd make a right mess though.

Bostonhibby
19-09-2018, 09:02 AM
You can, it'd make a right mess though.[emoji3]

cleanyman
19-09-2018, 09:13 AM
My Uncle's friend is one of the few football coaches in the world who has the highest football qualification in each of the FIFA confederations.

He's travelled the world....been to countless conventions....heard from all of top managers and players.

One year the SFA chose Craig Levein to speak and present a tactics masterclass. He said that Levein was the worst he's ever sat in front of.

Says it all.

BullsCloseHibs
19-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Levein wouldn't know dignity if it smacked him square in the face.

Maybe that's what put him in hospital?

Joe6-2
19-09-2018, 06:05 PM
He's a guy who it's very difficult to warm to.

I’m not even trying too!

Eyrie
19-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Maybe that's what put him in hospital?

You've got things the wrong way round.

It was Graeme Hogg who had to go to hospital and it "nearly ruined his career". It was "quite confusing" for Hogg when he found that "no one has got his back" and his partner at centre half wasn't "giving him the support you need" but instead he "became an easy target" for that partner who would later claim "I'm not being disrespectful".

McD
19-09-2018, 07:58 PM

It was Graeme Hogg who had to go to hospital and it "nearly ruined his career". It was "quite confusing" for Hogg when he found that "no one has got his back" and his partner at centre half wasn't "giving him the support you need" but instead he "became an easy target" for that partner who would later claim "I'm not being disrespectful".

Would have been interesting to see the reaction if someone had said this to levein.

my guess is a tantrum, followed by a storming out, then a sternly worded statement from budge about people picking on her craigy :greengrin

Not In The Know
19-09-2018, 08:04 PM
After all the respectful comments sent Levein's way over the last few weeks and then in his first game back to come out with the quote he did about Carson speaks volumes.

I'll just leave this with you. He is the least successful Manager in the top flight of Scottish football FACT.

majorhibs
19-09-2018, 09:11 PM

Yes

green day
20-09-2018, 04:15 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45587574

Living that the big prick is making a rod for his back

hibby rae
20-09-2018, 04:32 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45587574

Living that the big prick is making a rod for his back

'Craig Levein: Hearts' 'hunger' mirrors 1986 title-challenging team I played in'

I dunno, seems to me like he's calling them bottlers :greengrin

Smartie
20-09-2018, 04:34 PM
'Craig Levein: Hearts' 'hunger' mirrors 1986 title-challenging team I played in'

I dunno, seems to me like he's calling them bottlers :greengrin

I seem to recall that it was Levein's hunger for out of date Scotch eggs that did for his chances of playing in the decider at Dens.

PatHead
21-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Ii was told last night that Levein’s statement is full of inaccuracies. No change there.

It turns out that Souttar only ever played once at right back for United. Since he has been at Tynie he has played there more often. The only reason he played in midfield was United had severe injury problems and had to use him as cover. Once again he has played more often “out of position” there for Hearts.

United feel that they rescued Levein from the scrap heap after his sacking by Leicester and helped him rebuild his career when he became Scotland manager. To help him in that job they even allowed their own manager to act as assistant.

While they did well out of Levein with both the first team, and more importantly the rebuilding of their youth structure, they feel let down.

I think it is Levein trying to make the Hearts academy look better while trying to unsettle parents and members of Dundee United’s current crop of youngsters.

Be interesting to see if SFA take any action.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Ii was told last night that Levein’s statement is full of inaccuracies. No change there.

It turns out that Souttar only ever played once at right back for United. Since he has been at Tynie he has played there more often. The only reason he played in midfield was United had severe injury problems and had to use him as cover. Once again he has played more often “out of position” there for Hearts.

United feel that they rescued Levein from the scrap heap after his sacking by Leicester and helped him rebuild his career when he became Scotland manager. To help him in that job they even allowed their own manager to act as assistant.

While they did well out of Levein with both the first team, and more importantly the rebuilding of their youth structure, they feel let down.

I think it is Levein trying to make the Hearts academy look better while trying to unsettle parents and members of Dundee United’s current crop of youngsters.

Be interesting to see if SFA take any action.Bitter man, which you can understand when you appreciate that if it wasn't for all those other clubs and players he'd have won something.

where'stheslope
21-09-2018, 09:20 AM

Be interesting to see if SFA take any action.
Don't knock all the statement, if he is trying to stop United getting young players from the Lothian it would mean we have a better chance of getting more youngsters too!

For years United have been creaming of the best youngsters in the East of Scotland and forcing them to live in and around Dundee.

They also signed them up for 5 year contracts, but that was put a stop to.

Anything that might help our drive for better younger players is OK with me!!!!

PatHead
21-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Don't knock all the statement, if he is trying to stop United getting young players from the Lothian it would mean we have a better chance of getting more youngsters too!

For years United have been creaming of the best youngsters in the East of Scotland and forcing them to live in and around Dundee.

They also signed them up for 5 year contracts, but that was put a stop to.

Anything that might help our drive for better younger players is OK with me!!!!

Maybe it is up to our scouts to identify them and ensure they come to Hibs. Issuing factually inaccurate statements is not the way to attract players. We will still need to compete with United irrespective of whether or not Hearts encourage a couple of them away from United.

Raising funds to help our youth development is something that has to be done. So if anyone can make the dinner on 12th October.......get in touch with Frank.

Col2
22-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Funny how Levein spends all week spouting his mouth off re spirit of 1986 (how ridiculous is that), how he believes they can challenge for title and the John Souter rant and then the follow up saying John agrees with him. Back in the dugout and then 0-0 with Livi.

The man is a born loser.

22-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Lay some flowers at the dens park toilets today in honour of Levein. Get well soon n that.