PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MATCH REPORT | EUHV 0-11 HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
17-09-2018, 09:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9206)

Oscar T Grouch
17-09-2018, 10:10 AM
11 goals and 8 scorers. Well done Hibs women! Looking good for a 3rd Scottish Cup in a row. Glasgow City also won 11-0 against Renfrew with Spartans putting Celtic out 3-1 and Motherwell edging St Johnston 1-0 in the other quarters. With the league cup in the bag and the league on a knife edge (Glasgow City and us tied for 1st). I would love to see us win the treble this year!!

Hi Heid Yin
17-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Well done Hibs Ladies.
I do however feel sorry for the opposition - 11 conceded without reply is a little embarrassing, but if it's any consolation they were up against one of the 2 best sides in the Scotland women's game.

Oscar T Grouch
17-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Well done Hibs Ladies.
I do however feel sorry for the opposition - 11 conceded without reply is a little embarrassing, but if it's any consolation they were up against one of the 2 best sides in the Scotland women's game.

To be fair to EUHV they are in the league below us. We humped Celtic 9-0 in the League Cup final this year and they are in our own league. There is a gulf in class between Hibs and Glasgow City and the rest of the teams in Scotland, this is shown in the 20 point gap in the league and the fact no other team apart from Hibs and Glasgow City have won a trophy since 2010 (Celtic won the league cup) before that is was 2005 when Killie won the league cup.

BegbieHSC
17-09-2018, 01:18 PM
EUHV put out Accies to get in to the quarterfinals, who are in the top league interestingly enough.

Amazing from Hibs though. Reckon the treble is on. 3 league games to go - Accies (a) Glasgow City (a) and Rangers (h).

flash
17-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Results like this and winning a Cup Final 9-0 do little to enhance the reputation of the women's game in Scotland.

BegbieHSC
17-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Results like this and winning a Cup Final 9-0 do little to enhance the reputation of the women's game in Scotland.

It would be worse for the game, and disrespectful if Hibs/Glasgow City held back against weaker teams, just to make it look more competitive. Hibs have to play as well as they’re capable of. It’s up to the other teams to learn from these kind of games, and make the progression they need.

The women’s game is the fastest growing sport in terms of reputation, ability and coverage in Scotland. I’m proud that our club is so committed to having a top level women’s team, which can inspire the younger generation of Hibs girls into playing football.

BegbieHSC
17-09-2018, 02:07 PM
These kind of scorelines were very common when the men’s game started out too. The game is progressing very well, and will grow.

Eyrie
17-09-2018, 06:53 PM

These kind of scorelines were very common when the men’s game started out too. The game is progressing very well, and will grow.
Agree with both of these views.

It's only as the women's game grows in numbers that the average level of ability will improve which will reduce the number of mismatches.

Right now I'd assume the best players in Scotland end up with us or Glasgow City because they want to win and those two clubs provide the best platform for players who want to go professional down south.

jacomo
17-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Interestingly, there was an Old Firm Derby women’s match a few weeks ago... and no one really noticed.

Hibs and Glasgow City are the two dominant teams in the Scottish women’s game - long may it continue.

As the profile grows we could really see a big return on investment.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 09:09 PM
If the league goes down to the final game against Glasgow City I’m planning on heading through. Does anyone know what the date of that game will be?

BegbieHSC
17-09-2018, 09:36 PM
If the league goes down to the final game against Glasgow City I’m planning on heading through. Does anyone know what the date of that game will be?

Me too. The penultimate game against City is the 21st October. If that game finishes a draw, it’ll be helicopter Sunday on 28th October, for the final game of the season, against none other than the Rangers at home, with the league likely going down to goal difference...

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Me too. The penultimate game against City is the 21st October. If that game finishes a draw, it’ll be helicopter Sunday on 28th October, for the final game of the season, against none other than the Rangers at home, with the league likely going down to goal difference...
For some reason I thought the Glasgow City game was the final game. That’s even better then. I wonder if they’d be able to play the final game at Easter Road if we can win the league.

BegbieHSC
17-09-2018, 09:41 PM
For some reason I thought the Glasgow City game was the final game. That’s even better then. I wonder if they’d be able to play the final game at Easter Road if we can win the league.

That would be outstanding! Some Helicopter Sunday exhuberance against Rangers at Easter Road would be glorious.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 10:05 PM
That would be outstanding! Some Helicopter Sunday exhuberance against Rangers at Easter Road would be glorious.
Yeah I’ll be right up for that.