PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Ladies win again

Saturday Boy
16-09-2018, 08:26 PM
At a very wet Peffermill, the Hibs Ladies defeated EUHV 11-0 in the quarterfinals of the Scottish Women’s Cup.

The crowd of more than 150 was a record for an Edinburgh Uni Women’s game.

That’s 2 weeks in a row that the Hibs girls have attracted record crowds at away games.

It might not sound like much, but it’s a slow, incremental process.

No pressure, but the girls only have to win their next 6 games to complete the treble .

Valencia
18-09-2018, 03:09 PM
What was the crowd at Forfar? looked decent.

hhibs
18-09-2018, 03:18 PM

I think it was quoted at 280 ish,but looked a bit more than that to me on TV. Our ladies are doing us proud,deserve more attention from the support .

Saturday Boy
18-09-2018, 03:23 PM

Forfar gave the attendance as 352.

The Scottish Women’s Cup draw was made this afternoon. Hibs v. Glasgow City and Spartans v. Motherwell. Both games are on Sunday 14th October at Forthbank.

That means that we play Glasgow City two weeks in a row. Exciting times.

Kenny1875
18-09-2018, 04:17 PM
I think it was quoted at 280 ish,but looked a bit more than that to me on TV. Our ladies are doing us proud,deserve more attention from the support .

Do they?

Eyrie
18-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Do they?
If you watch Alba you'll see that our ladies play decent football and have a very un-Hibs-like tendency to win every week.

Worth keeping an eye on.

cabbageandribs1875
23-09-2018, 10:39 PM
4-2 win at Hamilton yesterday for the Ladies whilst glasgow beat sevco ladies 6-0, stirling away next week with glasgow hopefully slipping up v sellick

Hi Heid Yin
23-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Come on Hibs Ladies!
I'm rooting for you all the way!
:flag:

Gatecrasher
24-09-2018, 08:53 AM
I keep an eye on them and watch them when on TV, i even chose their game over the Scotland one a couple of weeks ago. I think their great and a huge credit to the club, they play some nice football and very consistant, shame they moved away from West Lothian but its obvious why.

Forza Fred
24-09-2018, 09:00 AM
The women’s game has come on leaps and bounds throughout the world in recent years......we even got women’s league games televisedlive on the ABC...the Oz national broadcaster.

And I follow the Hibs Ladies on Hibs TV.

More power to them!

jacomo
24-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Do they?

Hibs dominate the Scottish women’s game alongside Glasgow City.

We have a big advantage here, in a game that will surely continue to develop and strengthen. We can either consolidate our position or let it slip.

seanshow
24-09-2018, 09:42 AM
As far as the league goes if neither team slips up in the remaining 3 games, Hibs ladies will have to beat Glasgow city away from home to win the league for the first time in over a decade.

And they will be looking to continue their recent LC/SC dominance as well.:greengrin

Brightside
24-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Hibs dominate the Scottish women’s game alongside Glasgow City.

We have a big advantage here, in a game that will surely continue to develop and strengthen. We can either consolidate our position or let it slip.

It will be let it slip unfortunately. Celtic are bringing in contracts and extra funding for the womens team. They will progress past both City and Hibs next season.

Allant1981
24-09-2018, 12:22 PM
It will be let it slip unfortunately. Celtic are bringing in contracts and extra funding for the womens team. They will progress past both City and Hibs next season.

do the females get paid anything or is it expenses etc?

Brightside
24-09-2018, 12:27 PM
do the females get paid anything or is it expenses etc?

Nothing.

Allant1981
24-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Nothing.

thats a pity, any decent player will end up leaving for teams down south or abroad

Malthibby
24-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Shame to hear that, if it's the case we should enjoy this team while it lasts & hopefully see a clean sweep of everything.
Not looking for much of course.
GG