PDA

View Full Version : NHC Motherwell Banner Fail

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 07:40 PM
The Motherwell fans had a banner taking a pop at Police Scotland yesterday. File alongside the Celtic fans effort from a few years back at Easter Road.

http://i67.tinypic.com/fbz43m.jpg

iwasthere1972
16-09-2018, 07:44 PM
The Motherwell fans had a banner taking a pop at Police Scotland yesterday. File alongside the Celtic fans effort from a few years back at Easter Road.

Better spending the money on education. Mind you it took me a minute to work it out.

bodhibs
16-09-2018, 08:36 PM
One would hope this kind of thing would go through some sort of moron filter before it gets close to public. Halfwits.

CentreLine
16-09-2018, 08:59 PM
“Your” joking right 😜

Lancs Harp
16-09-2018, 09:04 PM
At least they were only playing Hearts whose fans were probably blissfully unaware of the gaffe.

SRHibs
16-09-2018, 09:07 PM
90% of the posters on Hibs.net won’t spot the error, based on what I read on here anyway.

SaulGoodman
16-09-2018, 09:09 PM
90% of the posters on Hibs.net won’t spot the error, based on what I read on here anyway.

Well I think you're post is *****.

SRHibs
16-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Well I think you're post is *****.

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Billychaotic182
16-09-2018, 09:12 PM

This kind of stuff really annoys me. As a Dyslexia man I’ve struggled with spelling all my life.

BullsCloseHibs
16-09-2018, 09:13 PM

What does it actually say? Can't make out from the photo.

Lancs Harp
16-09-2018, 09:15 PM
What does it actually say? Can't make out from the photo.

I wish we were Hibs.

iwasthere1972
16-09-2018, 09:15 PM

The other 20% would agree with you.

SRHibs
16-09-2018, 09:17 PM
This kind of stuff really annoys me. As a Dyslexia man I’ve struggled with spelling all my life.

Was just joking. Sorry if I caused any offence!

superfurryhibby
16-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Well said, but it was a rather amusing post nonetheless.

lapsedhibee
16-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Spotted what you were up to there, right from the gecko.:wink:

Hibbyradge
16-09-2018, 09:46 PM
I was looking for a pair of shorts in our Lisbon apartment yesterday and just couldn't find them anywhere.

I said, "There they're there" to Mrs R when I eventually found them in a most obvious place.

My turn of phrase amused me greatly. Mrs R thought I'd lost the plot.

Future17
17-09-2018, 06:32 AM

Do you mean the sign or the comment?

Bangkok Hibby
17-09-2018, 07:25 AM

Always a fine line between causing offence and calling out twatishness. I thought your follow up was class :wink:

Partyraiser
17-09-2018, 07:31 AM

Someone's a trailer park boys fan. You and your Mrs wouldn't happen to be friends with the benedtics would you?

son of haggart
17-09-2018, 07:37 AM
I was looking for a pair of shorts in our Lisbon apartment yesterday and just couldn't find them anywhere.

I said, "There they're there" to Mrs R when I eventually found them in a most obvious place.

Where? were wearing them weren't you?

worcesterhibby
17-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Ignoring the grammar on the banner, what is their gripe with the police ? I've missed this one ??

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Surely one person would have spotted the mistake beforehand? Perhaps they did, but it was too much hassle to change it, so they just said **** it.

Bostonhibby
17-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Surely one person would have spotted the mistake beforehand? Perhaps they did, but it was too much hassle to change it, so they just said **** it.There isn't one person in the Motherwell area who could have spotted that one and the visitors wouldn't have been able to help either.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:21 AM
There isn't one person in the Motherwell area who could have spotted that one and the visitors wouldn't have been able to help either.

:faf:

Chorley Hibee
17-09-2018, 09:47 AM
There isn't one person in the Motherwell area who could have spotted that one and the visitors wouldn't have been able to help either.

As a Hibee residing in Motherwell I refute "you're" suggestion. 🤣😉

Bostonhibby
17-09-2018, 09:49 AM
As a Hibee residing in Motherwell I refute "you're" suggestion. [emoji1787][emoji6]Theirs olways a eskeption too the rool.[emoji106]

I might get that made into a banner.

Greenbeard
17-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Wasp oised two rip lie aff terry first sent tens. Justice well arid on.

JimboHibs
17-09-2018, 10:16 AM
I wish we were Hibs.

😂😂

Hibbyradge
17-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Where? were wearing them weren't you?

No, they were in the wardrobe where they should have been, just on a shelf lower than I had thought

However, I've done that with my specs before and I've been searching for my mobile with it in my hand.

Greenbeard
17-09-2018, 10:45 AM

No, they were in the wardrobe where they should have been, just on a shelf lower than I had thought

However, I've done that with my specs before and I've been searching for my mobile with it in my hand.
CRAFT moments. EG when you walk into a room and Can't Remember A F****** Thing.

Eyrie
17-09-2018, 12:28 PM
CRAFT moments. EG when you walk into a room and Can't Remember A F****** Thing.

Like it.

Just need to remember it now ….

Galahibby
17-09-2018, 12:49 PM

I searched for a good 15 minutes for my security pass for work the other day, only to look down eventually and find it hanging round my neck where it always is. Thankfully there was no-one else around to laugh at me 😳

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-09-2018, 12:54 PM

How do you spell condescending?

Greenbeard
17-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Like it.

Just need to remember it now ….
You can thank my old Norwegian pal Ivor Gottagen for that one.

Aritch
17-09-2018, 01:21 PM
How do you spell condescending?

You nailed it, little buddy! Just keep sounding out the words and you’ll get there. But remember, this one’s a tricky one with that sneaky silent ‘c’.

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:27 PM

That takes me back to a classic 'Parliamo Glasgow' ...

Errarerrperraberserr!

Chic Murray
17-09-2018, 01:30 PM

All credit for you working to overcome your challenges, but I don't think that should stop those of us who find it funny laughing at it. It will come to a pretty pass when we aren't allowed to laugh at anything, because someone might be offended.

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:33 PM
All credit for you working to overcome your challenges, but I don't think that should stop those of us who find it funny laughing at it. It will come to a pretty pass when we aren't allowed to laugh at anything, because someone might be offended.

I find Chic Murray's photo offensive... so beat it!

:greengrin

Chic Murray
17-09-2018, 01:41 PM
I find Chic Murray's photo offensive... so beat it!

I made a stupid mistake. Mind you, have you ever heard of someone making a clever mistake?

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:43 PM
I made a stupid mistake. Mind you, have you ever heard of someone making a clever mistake?

Greenbeard
17-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Beaton on Saturday?

Chic Murray
17-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Beaton on Saturday?

If a referee ever did anything clever, it was by accident.

Scott Allan Key
17-09-2018, 03:04 PM

So Ronnie Barker is alive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
17-09-2018, 03:45 PM
OK I've asked nicely, but no one answered..now I'll ask again, but I'll shout it...

WHAT WERE THE MOTHERWELL FANS ACTUALLY PROTESTING ABOUT ????

Since90+2
17-09-2018, 03:49 PM
OK I've asked nicely, but no one answered..now I'll ask again, but I'll shout it...

One of their fans allegedly being approached by Police Scotland and offered reward money for providing information.

worcesterhibby
17-09-2018, 03:54 PM
One of their fans allegedly being approached by Police Scotland and offered reward money for providing information.

Thanks...information about what ??? something specific ?

gordie18
17-09-2018, 04:26 PM
The whereabouts of Curtis Main???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
17-09-2018, 05:34 PM

I’m in the other 20 per cent and I agree

Bostonhibby
17-09-2018, 05:39 PM

I think they were asking for Motherwell to be moved to somewhere nicer?:greengrin