View Full Version : Yams Family club

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 04:27 PM
https://twitter.com/michaelyoung1_/status/1041024535213031425?s=21

Yam bigots at it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-09-2018, 04:30 PM
The video wont play for me, what is it?

The lovely gentleman also has a picture of that yam idiot assaulting Neil Lennon - he looks like a real stand up guy :rolleyes:

IGRIGI
16-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Ruth Davidson's staunch loyal belting out the full fat billy boys version in the Gorgoyle stairwell.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Average age of about 14. Credit to Budge though, she doesn't put up with that stuff and will ban them if caught.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Average age of about 14. Credit to Budge though, she doesn't put up with that stuff and will ban them if caught.

We’ll see. There are plenty of easily identifiable faces there and I bet we don’t hear of bannings this week.

Sprouleflyer

How many billy boys has she actually banned?

Many say thats it’s just a minority within their support, but is it?

Ruth Davidson's staunch loyal belting out the full fat billy boys version in the Gorgoyle stairwell.

Cringe

green day
16-09-2018, 04:43 PM

It was when they were leaving after Motherwell

They had a great support through, so fair play - however this "gorgie boys" element, young laddies though they may be, are singing songs that the Huns would be proud of.

That Hearts fans are involved in this is pretty awful and I dont believe for a minute that Budge will or can do anything about it, they were in the upper tier which was unallocated.

Elephant Stone
16-09-2018, 04:47 PM

They had a great support through, so fair play - however this "gorgie boys" element, young laddies though they may be, are singing songs that the Huns would be proud of.

That Hearts fans are involved in this is pretty awful and I dont believe for a minute that Budge will or can do anything about it, they were in the upper tier which was unallocated.

They are just Rangers songs, word for word. Nothing much to be proud of there.

Unoriginal, dull, bigoted gimpy football club.

16-09-2018, 04:49 PM

It's really down to the fans to cut these things out, someone in the hearts must know who these idiots are.

Hibernia&Alba
16-09-2018, 04:50 PM
How many billy boys has she actually banned?

Many say thats it’s just a minority within their support, but is it?

I would say it is a minority, yes. Hearts have always had their 'mini Hun' element who want to mimic Rangers, but, in my experience, they don't represent the mainstream in the way the loonies do at Ibrox. In that video, for example, it's kids trying to be cool, and no doubt most will grow out of it. The hardline nutters are an embarrassment to the Jambos I know, but they do exist.

Elephant Stone
16-09-2018, 04:51 PM
It's really down to the fans to cut these things out, someone in the hearts must know who these idiots are.

Maybe Motherwell can sort them out with some new songs to copy word for word.

Since I was young :whistle:

iwasthere1972
16-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Should rename it Twatter.

green day
16-09-2018, 04:57 PM
I would say it is a minority, yes. Hearts have always had their 'mini Hun' element who want to mimic Rangers, but, in my experience, they don't represent the mainstream in the way the loonies do at Ibrox. In that video, for example, it's kids trying to be cool, and no doubt most will grow out of it. The hardline nutters are an embarrassment to the Jambos I know, but they do exist.

The issue for Hearts is that those "kids" ARE their singing section, the gorgie boys are their equivalent of our FF upper lads (who I am in no way tarring with this type of mentalist brush).

When Budge tries to be nicey nicey and push them out, they just ignore her - in my opinion these young laddies ARE the nutters of the future.

sauzee=legend
16-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Amazing they chant that, then when the new team from Glasgow come to town (The Rangers I think they are called) they boo them when they sing it.
That’s how stupid they really are!!!

Billy Whizz
16-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Seemingly they broke a lot of seats at Fir Park yesterday, beside their singing section allegedly

16-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Silly wee ********s tryna act hard and the majority of them probably don't even know what their singing about actually means. Their new "singing section" was getting criticized by other hearts fans on social media because of some of the bigoted guff they were apparently coming out with all too regularly.

Hibernia&Alba
16-09-2018, 05:06 PM
The issue for Hearts is that those "kids" ARE their singing section, the gorgie boys are their equivalent of our FF upper lads (who I am in no way tarring with this type of mentalist brush).

When Budge tries to be nicey nicey and push them out, they just ignore her - in my opinion these young laddies ARE the nutters of the future.

Some could well be, but others will grow up and cringe at what they sang as teenagers. They are the hardcore who follow the team home and away and aren't representative of most Jambos, in my experience. It's the group mentality of wanting to look tough, but most will come to know better. Some will remain lifelong idiots and bigots, but Hearts have always had that extremist element.

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Seemingly they broke a lot of seats at Fir Park yesterday, beside their singing section allegedly

jeezo, not only do they sound like the old 'gorki boys' they're even acting like them now, still, as long as these acts are not committed in the queen budge arena i'm quite sure she will turn a blind eye/ear, she needs them to pay for a poxy half-built stand after all

majorhibs
16-09-2018, 07:29 PM

No like you to be stickin up for the poppy theives right enough! As you do it so much, you arenae perhaps Mr budge?

judas
16-09-2018, 07:39 PM
One has to make allowances for the pubeless.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Young men and delusions of hardness.
An auld and repeating theme through the years.
Next week, pavement dancin' from the same tough guys :wink:.
Yawn

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 07:43 PM
No like you to be stickin up for the poppy theives right enough! As you do it so much, you arenae perhaps Mr budge?

He’s not wrong though. Budge has spoken before of her desire to eradicate that nonsense from elements of their support.

majorhibs
16-09-2018, 07:51 PM
He’s not wrong though. Budge has spoken before of her desire to eradicate that nonsense from elements of their support.

Aye, she learned that yin well, watchin the zombies gettin away wi it time eftir time to EUFA & mair importantly the “authorities” in non prejudiced fair multi everything Scotland. Cannae be hard tae pick up on that.Country’s politicians lie through their teeth, it’s the done thing nowadays !

Deansy
16-09-2018, 08:43 PM

Yam bigots at it again.

Just wee brothers imitating their big brothers - from a family where the mum & dad are brother & sister.

BullsCloseHibs
16-09-2018, 09:16 PM

Yam bigots at it again.

You'd never tire hookin a few of them.

Hope this video will help clear up any doubts anyone had that they are an OK bunch. They aren't. They are bigots. Through and through.

BullsCloseHibs
16-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Silly wee ********s tryna act hard and the majority of them probably don't even know what their singing about actually means. Their new "singing section" was getting criticized by other hearts fans on social media because of some of the bigoted guff they were apparently coming out with all too regularly.

Yeah, but they never stop them singing it. It's one thing posting displeasure on social media, another actually doing something about it! Blind eye and all that.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2018, 09:31 PM
You'd never tire hookin a few of them.

Hope this video will help clear up any doubts anyone had that they are an OK bunch. They aren't. They are bigots. Through and through.
Agree wouldnae get tired punching them but that is not the answer as we all know. The worrying thing is how young they all looked. It looks as though Scotland’s shame is going to continue into future generations we have to stub this out for everyone’s sake. We are in the 21st Century for godsake!

BullsCloseHibs
16-09-2018, 09:53 PM
Agree wouldnae get tired punching them but that is not the answer as we all know. The worrying thing is how young they all looked. It looks as though Scotland’s shame is going to continue into future generations we have to stub this out for everyone’s sake. We are in the 21st Century for godsake!

Knowing one or two died in the wool jumbos, the dads would be proud of their sons on that showing. I've never actually met one solitary jumbo who is anti bigotry.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Absolute cretins

The_Horde
16-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Knowing one or two died in the wool jumbos, the dads would be proud of their sons on that showing. I've never actually met one solitary jumbo who is anti bigotry.

This. Also think these hertz bams are the reason some believe we have sectarian elements. The logic that obviously hearts must be that way for a reason and that reason must be retaliation to their rivals.

Baader
16-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Embarrassing. Thickos. They really are Huns without bus fares.

stuart-farquhar
16-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Embarrassing. Thickos. They really are Huns without bus fares.

They were worse in the old days. It died a bit.

But they were and remain and old Edinburgh protestant club with moderate and extreme wings.

That's it really.

NAE NOOKIE
17-09-2018, 12:08 AM
This. Also think these hertz bams are the reason some believe we have sectarian elements. The logic that obviously hearts must be that way for a reason and that reason must be retaliation to their rivals.

No they aren't, not in my opinion. But two wrongs don't make a right and I for one have said many times on this forum that any ramping up of the stuff from the 70s by our supporters would lead to a tit for tat situation, and I still believe that. I would certainly hope none of our fans would look at these idiots and think it a good idea to copy their diet west coast bigotry stuff.

As for the guy you quoted …. I don't know what circles he moves in, but I've met plenty of Hearts fans who have absolutely no time for the Billy boy stuff and nonsense.

greenlex
17-09-2018, 04:59 AM
We have some real rockets in our support too. Particularly away from home.

Elephant Stone
17-09-2018, 06:04 AM

Same with all football clubs then. We don't seem to have a large faction who are into religious bigotry though.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2018, 06:12 AM

Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush. Plenty of decent Jambo’s who like some of us follow their team with not a hint of bigotry and then just like us they have an element of erseholes who use football as an excuse to drag their knuckles whether it be through religious bigotry or other means.

Ozyhibby
17-09-2018, 06:46 AM

They are pretty isolated though. No way would you get as many as in that video singing anything even mildly offensive.

Elephant Stone
17-09-2018, 06:47 AM
Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush. Plenty of decent Jambo’s who like some of us follow their team with not a hint of bigotry and then just like us they have an element of erseholes who use football as an excuse to drag their knuckles whether it be through religious bigotry or other means.

Eh? :confused:

Hermit Crab
17-09-2018, 06:57 AM

Use the ignore function if you're not happy...:rolleyes:

we are hibs
17-09-2018, 07:17 AM
It's a myth that it's a minority. I've heard whole stands singing that ***** at Easter Road and most of their ground at tynecastle. They're a bunch of bigoted tramps with about 2 brain cells between them.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:18 AM
It's a myth that it's a minority. I've heard whole stands singing that ***** at Easter Road and most of their ground at tynecastle. They're a bunch of bigoted tramps with about 2 brain cells between them.

I hear you mate, but I don't think it's right to portray the Yams as just a smaller Rangers. They certainly have those types amongst them, always have, but there are plenty who don't give a toss about religious bammery. The weird anti-Catholic obsession and paranoia which is endemic at Rangers isn't on the same scale at Hearts. I'm not denying there are some horrible right wing loyalist tramps who support them, but it doesn't define the club as it does at Rangers. I'm sure we all know Jambos who just support their team and have no involvement with anything else.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-09-2018, 08:21 AM

Sorry pal but why is this brought up every time there is a post about other supporters (mostly hearts or rangers) behaving poorly

No one is claiming that hibs fans are all angels

We don't sing the billy boys (or celtic related equivalent) or about our players hating jews

I am delighted there isn't footage (almost every week) of our support doing such things

There is a real nasty and bigoted element that has crept into the hearts support. They seem to take union flags (oh no not a flag debate) and sing Gorgie Billy Boys openly at the games - I hope Budge does something about this and promptly before it really gets out of hand

We're not perfect but we certainly don't fall to this level

Smartie
17-09-2018, 08:22 AM
I hear you mate, but I don't think it's right to portray the Yams as just a smaller Rangers. They certainly have those types amongst them, always have, but there are plenty who don't give a toss about religious bammery. The weird anti-Catholic obsession and paranoia which is endemic at Rangers isn't on the same scale at Hearts. I'm not denying there are some horrible right wing loyalist tramps who support them, but it doesn't define the club as it does at Rangers. I'm sure we all know Jambos who just support their team and have no involvement with anything else.

I know a few Catholic jambos. I wonder what they make of this nonsense.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Sorry pal but why is this brought up every time there is a post about other supporters (mostly hearts or rangers) behaving poorly

No one is claiming that hibs fans are all angels

We don't sing the billy boys (or celtic related equivalent) or about our players hating jews

I am delighted there isn't footage (almost every week) of our support doing such things

There is a real nasty and bigoted element that has crept into the hearts support. They seem to take union flags (oh no not a flag debate) and sing Gorgie Billy Boys openly at the games - I hope Budge does something about this and promptly before it really gets out of hand

We're not perfect but we certainly don't fall to this level

:top marks

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Aye, I know a couple. They don't find it such a problem they would walk away from the club. I've asked them about the issue, and they don't feel the nutters are representative of most Hearts fans. I'd be interested to get their reaction to that video, however.

Carheenlea
17-09-2018, 08:31 AM

Likewise, I know a family of Hearts fans who celebrate Mass every Sunday. One was an alter boy yesterday morning. Always wondered what they make of the Billy Boys, Fenian Blood and anti catholic bigotry at Tynecastle. Doesn’t put them off anyway as all seasons ticket holders and manage to fall under every other Hearts supporting stereotype apart from the sectarianism.

green day
17-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Aye, I know a couple. They don't find it such a problem they would walk away from the club. I've asked them about the issue, and they don't feel the nutters are representative of most Hearts fans. I'd be interested to get their reaction to that video, however.

The video has appeared on a fair few forums and social media now.

The overriding reaction among Hearts fans appears to be that "all clubs have their fair share of radges" and that "this is just deflection from other clubs jealous that hearts are top of the league"

None of the responses I have seen suggested to me that the "average" Hearts fan gives a toss about sectarian singing.

Regarding your mates, wonder what it would be like if they were black? And Hearts fans were singing about coons or nignogs - certainly the media would (rightly) be going mental about it, but perhaps sectarianism is so embedded in (some) parts of Scottish culture that nobody really cares?

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Just when you think they couldn't get more odious 😷

Pretty Boy
17-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Anti Catholic bigotry is endemic across Scotland. The idea of it being a 'secret shame' is laughable, it's evident in numerous spheres and there is no will to do anything about it.

It's disappointing so many in that video appear to have jumped on the bandwagon but not really surprising. They probably heard it from their Dads who heard it from theirs and so on; it's normalised behaviour and I doubt many in the video even considered they were doing anything really wrong.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:50 AM
The video has appeared on a fair few forums and social media now.

The overriding reaction among Hearts fans appears to be that "all clubs have their fair share of radges" and that "this is just deflection from other clubs jealous that hearts are top of the league"

None of the responses I have seen suggested to me that the "average" Hearts fan gives a toss about sectarian singing.

Regarding your mates, wonder what it would be like if they were black? And Hearts fans were singing about coons or nignogs - certainly the media would (rightly) be going mental about it, but perhaps sectarianism is so embedded in (some) parts of Scottish culture that nobody really cares?

Agreed, sectarianism remains the elephant in the room in Scotland. Discriminatory songs about other groups would be nipped in the bud immediately, and rightly so, yet sectarian chanting persists relatively freely. If their chant about Aaron Hughes hating Jews, for example, was sung by hundreds/thousands at matches, there would be bedlam and a media outcry. I don't understand why a similar zero tolerance approach hasn't been adopted after all these years in relation to Christian sectarianism.

heid the baw
17-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Other than hearing the odd song at football matches I have personally never experienced sectarianism in Scotland. I once saw an orange parade going down leith walk in the early 80's but I somehow miraculously managed to survive the sounds of flutes and lambegs without a scratch.
It may not be a popular view, but really, how many people in Scotland are directly effected by sectarianism. None of my friends or family who support hearts are bigots.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 09:47 AM
I've just read the thread on Hunchback about this, and the vast majority of posts want it stopped. A thread on a Rangers forum about The Billy Boys would be very different, and I'd wager that anyone calling it bigoted would immediately be labelled a taig (ironically enough) and banned. I think there's hope for Hearts in relation to this, whereas The Rangers are a lost cause.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Anti Catholic bigotry is endemic across Scotland. The idea of it being a 'secret shame' is laughable, it's evident in numerous spheres and there is no will to do anything about it.

It's disappointing so many in that video appear to have jumped on the bandwagon but not really surprising. They probably heard it from their Dads who heard it from theirs and so on; it's normalised behaviour and I doubt many in the video even considered they were doing anything really wrong.

I was going through an application form for a job and going through the usual hr stuff it asked about religion. Specifically whether I was Catholic or protestant. I've never come across that in an application before. Company was Menzies

Chorley Hibee
17-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Agreed, sectarianism remains the elephant in the room in Scotland. Discriminatory songs about other groups would be nipped in the bud immediately, and rightly so, yet sectarian chanting persists relatively freely. If their chant about Aaron Hughes hating Jews, for example, was sung by hundreds/thousands at matches, there would be bedlam and a media outcry. I don't understand why a similar zero tolerance approach hasn't been adopted after all these years in relation to Christian sectarianism.

Correct, if the songs we hear on a weekly basis, from Sveco and Hearts, were directed at any other religious faction, there would be public condemnation from mainstream media, government comments on the matter, and undoubtedly action taken by the both the governing bodies and the clubs involved.

Anti-catholic bigotry in our country is indeed the elephant in the room, yet still the majority of the powers that be continue giving tacit approval to this stain on our society.

Hibzbollah
17-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Other than hearing the odd song at football matches I have personally never experienced sectarianism in Scotland. I once saw an orange parade going down leith walk in the early 80's but I somehow miraculously managed to survive the sounds of flutes and lambegs without a scratch.
It may not be a popular view, but really, how many people in Scotland are directly effected by sectarianism. None of my friends or family who support hearts are bigots.

Sectarianism or Anti Irish racism as it should be known, isn't as big a problem today as it was when i was entering the world of work. I was baptised a Catholic but my family while all being Catholic attended the chapel infrequently. This approach also meant I went to a comprehensive as a pose to a Catholic school. So i never experienced any bigotry or racism while growing up. This changed when i started my aprenticeship with a well known employer in Edinburgh. In the '70's they had a racist (anti Catholic) recruitment policy that had recently been recinded. However, the culture remained. I recall one of the first questions I was asked in my first week was about the school I went to. When that didn't provide the bigotted supervisor with the answer he wanted he asked about my football team which is of course Hibs. On hearing this he replied "I knew it, with a name like yours you had to be a Fenian!" This then led to what felt like a good year of unfair treatment which really undemined my confidence. Interestingly it was Hawrts fans who were the main perpetrators. The one Hun supervisor in the training centre didn't openly pay much heed to it all.
This treatment had quite a dramatic impact me in my teenage years. I can only imagine what the impact of this culture was on Catholics in workplaces further West where it was more open.

The main point is that there are a hard core of these bigots at Tynie. I'd hoped it was disappearing. I know many Hearts fans who are decent and opposed to this. In my view they need to stand up to this and demand the board do something about it.

SirDavidsNapper
17-09-2018, 11:39 AM
A few of my Jambo mates revel in the bigotry. It's far more prevalent amongst their support than ours.

Smartie
17-09-2018, 11:47 AM
I genuinely don't know one Jambo who is into that type of stuff and as I said I know several Catholic Jambos, so I'm always a bit baffled by this stuff as it doesn't really sit with my experience of them.

My_Wife_Camille
17-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Another week another video of Hearts fans singing bigoted or racist songs and another thread of Hibs fans shrugging their shoulders and saying ‘we all have them’.

Sorry but the racism, bigotry and xenophobia that comes out of that club is far more constant and sustained than the majority of other clubs in this country, including ours, and it’s getting worse.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2018, 11:55 AM

I am only guessing, but I imagine the percentage of Catholics in senior positions in some of our professions, such as; the Police, Judiciary, Government, Legal and Financial establishment, will not reflect the wider demographic of out country. I suppose you could also make similar inferences when considering gender and socio-economic background and arrive at the same conclusion, namely privilege and prejudice still play a big part in Scottish society.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Another week another video of Hearts fans singing bigoted or racist songs and another thread of Hibs fans shrugging their shoulders and saying ‘we all have them’.

Sorry but the racism, bigotry and xenophobia that comes out of that club is far more constant and sustained than the majority of other clubs in this country, including ours, and it’s getting worse.

Agree with your second paragraph, but your first isn't really reflecting what people are saying on here, is it?

Pretty Boy
17-09-2018, 12:09 PM
I was going through an application form for a job and going through the usual hr stuff it asked about religion. Specifically whether I was Catholic or protestant. I've never come across that in an application before. Company was Menzies

I know it's part of the equal ops part of an application in Northern Ireland. I've never seen it in Scotland.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 12:12 PM
I genuinely don't know one Jambo who is into that type of stuff and as I said I know several Catholic Jambos, so I'm always a bit baffled by this stuff as it doesn't really sit with my experience of them.

That's because you hang out with civilised people, mate. The bigots are there at Tynecastle, always have been, but, as I said previously, they aren't the mainstay of opinion, in my experience. There is undoubtedly a 'mini Hun' element who buy into the 'Hearts is a Protestant and Loyalist club' narrative, but it's nothing to compared to Rangers, where to challenge that opinion will see a fan become an outcast. Hearts need to get a grip of the issue before it spreads; the civilised Jambos need to make themselves heard now.

Sioux
17-09-2018, 12:25 PM
There's more and more of them jumping on the bigot train. As soon as they have something to sing about, the songs of 'defiance' are forefront.

We keep hearing about huns and mini huns being good guys, and we never hear any nonsense from them in daily life. Football just gives them the platform to collectively indulge in it. No such thing as a part time bigot.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 12:27 PM
It’s always been there amongst the hearts support it’s just been a bit quieter in the last few years. Now the young team are embracing it we hear more about it. It’s not going to go away, it’s never gone away. It may be a minority, but it’s a sizeable minority. It pains me to say it but there’s a lot of decent hearts fans who don’t like this sort of thing, but they put up with it.

heid the baw
17-09-2018, 12:46 PM
I am only guessing, but I imagine the percentage of Catholics in senior positions in some of our professions, such as; the Police, Judiciary, Government, Legal and Financial establishment, will not reflect the wider demographic of out country. I suppose you could also make similar inferences when considering gender and socio-economic background and arrive at the same conclusion, namely privilege and prejudice still play a big part in Scottish society.

Yes you are only guessing. There is also a popular belief amongst the staunch unionist community that Scottish Government, Glasgow City Council ect are hotbed of anti protestant activists. Imagining and guessing are the best friends that bigotry has.

AndyM_1875
17-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Us winning the Cup absolutely killed their songbook. It was pretty base stuff anyway but most of it was crap about 1902, 112/113/114 in a row .... and from the moment SDG's header crashed into the bluenoses net they were lost with literally nothing to say.
So we should not be surprised like a dog returning to its vomit they go back to that tired old clichéd hate guff.

But I will state this. We don't have anything like the problem they do. We don't have a fan element that seeks to ape one of those anachronistic, dinosaur clubs from the west. Hearts do and have done as long as I've been around.

We are Hibs. A welcoming club to the new fan. No sectarian agendas or any of that bull**** and as a club we are open to all. Sure you'll get the odd idiot shouting something stupid at a match. So do Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United etc. Hearts have a problem with this, we don't.
Be interesting to see how they deal with it. I shan't hold my breath.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Us winning the Cup absolutely killed their songbook. It was pretty base stuff anyway but most of it was crap about 1902, 112/113/114 in a row .... and from the moment SDG's header crashed into the bluenoses net they were lost with literally nothing to say.
So we should not be surprised like a dog returning to its vomit they go back to that tired old clichéd hate guff.

But I will state this. We don't have anything like the problem they do. We don't have a fan element that seeks to ape one of those anachronistic, dinosaur clubs from the west. Hearts do and have done as long as I've been around.

We are Hibs. A welcoming club to the new fan. No sectarian agendas or any of that bull**** and as a club we are open to all. Sure you'll get the odd idiot shouting something stupid at a match. So do Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United etc. Hearts have a problem with this, we don't.
Be interesting to see how they deal with it. I shan't hold my breath.

:agree:

Bostonhibby
17-09-2018, 12:56 PM
I know it's part of the equal ops part of an application in Northern Ireland. I've never seen it in Scotland.Prevalent in the Scottish insurance and loss adjusting sector in the 70's and 80's particularly. 3 or 4 of the bigger names were run like a west coast orange lodge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Likewise, I know a family of Hearts fans who celebrate Mass every Sunday. One was an alter boy yesterday morning. Always wondered what they make of the Billy Boys, Fenian Blood and anti catholic bigotry at Tynecastle. Doesn’t put them off anyway as all seasons ticket holders and manage to fall under every other Hearts supporting stereotype apart from the sectarianism.

Funnily enough, the only (active) Hearts Fans in my extended Family were my Uncle, who was RC and even had an Irish surname, and his son.

Almost all the Presbyterians supported Hibs, with a couple supporting Rangers.

My Grandad was a big Hearts Fan but gave up attending in the early 70s as he was shocked by the bigotry that had crept in.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Yes you are only guessing. There is also a popular belief amongst the staunch unionist community that Scottish Government, Glasgow City Council ect are hotbed of anti protestant activists. Imagining and guessing are the best friends that bigotry has.

Quite a bizarre response. I don't think you bothered to read what I was implying, did you? As a guess goes, I'm guessing it's not far off the mark really.

Edit: yes, nice platitude about imagining and guessing, but I would add that privilege, exclusion and entitlement are probably higher up in the ranking. Are you seriously saying that the type of institutions I name are truly reflective of the wider demographic? Comparing embedded elitism to the views of deluded bigots is rather odd, since Scotland is the land of social justice right enough?

green day
17-09-2018, 02:06 PM
@loyalgorgie on twitter retweets the worst of their loyalist crap

That they even have an account dealing with bigotry tells me all I need to know about Hearts fans

And for those of you who think the MSM doesnt have sectariansism embedded in its psyche?

How about a "respected" newspaper reporter apologist for the Hearts bigots, look no further than @dougscottishsun who has been involved in a spat with some people who have been tweeting about this issue.

His excuse was "its not as bad as the West Coast" !!!

Guess which team he supports?

BullsCloseHibs
17-09-2018, 02:08 PM

This. Hate it when they call it a minority, yet a whole stand can join in. Is that REALLY a minority?

They're all the same. No wonder fans across Scotland hate them and their blue Cousins from the West.

heid the baw
17-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Quite a bizarre response. I don't think you bothered to read what I was implying, did you? As a guess goes, I'm guessing it's not far off the mark really.

Edit: yes, nice platitude about imagining and guessing, but I would add that privilege, exclusion and entitlement are probably higher up in the ranking. Are you seriously saying that the type of institutions I name are truly reflective of the wider demographic? Comparing embedded elitism to the views of deluded bigots is rather odd, since Scotland is the land of social justice right enough?

I agree and would add that privilege exclusion and entitlement are globally how things work. The danger can arise when we point to someones faith because it suits our narrative or we are just guessing that it is true.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2018, 03:03 PM
I agree and would add that privilege exclusion and entitlement are globally how things work. The danger can arise when we point to someones faith because it suits our narrative or we are just guessing that it is true.

Ok, got that point :aok:

biscuitersed75
17-09-2018, 04:40 PM

It's disappointing so many in that video appear to have jumped on the bandwagon but not really surprising. They probably heard it from their Dads who heard it from theirs and so on; it's normalised behaviour and I doubt many in the video even considered they were doing anything really wrong.This.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 05:40 PM
This. Hate it when they call it a minority, yet a whole stand can join in. Is that REALLY a minority?

They're all the same. No wonder fans across Scotland hate them and their blue Cousins from the West.

I don't think Hearts and Rangers are directly comparable. Sectarianism and Loyalism are embedded into everything at Ipox, and anyone with other views isn't wanted and will be silenced. At Hearts, whilst there is definitely a problem, they can at least have an open debate about it. There are plenty of Hearts fans who have expressed their anger about the latest embarrassment, which just wouldn't happen at Rangers, where every song is about Fenians/the pope/the IRA etc.

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2018, 06:14 PM

What decade was this in?

You can’t even ask someone their age in an interview now let alone their religion.

Real sectarianism, like preventing people getting an education or job based on their religion, or a seat on a bus, hasn’t been around in this country for ages.

The only time it’s ever mentioned in Scotland is to do with football.

Canon Hannan
17-09-2018, 06:26 PM
What decade was this in?

You can’t even ask someone their age in an interview now let alone their religion.

Real sectarianism, like preventing people getting an education or job based on their religion, or a seat on a bus, hasn’t been around in this country for ages.

The only time it’s ever mentioned in Scotland is to do with football.

Or 20 years ago when trying to get into the Glasgow Police!!!

BullsCloseHibs
17-09-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't think Hearts and Rangers are directly comparable. Sectarianism and Loyalism are embedded into everything at Ipox, and anyone with other views isn't wanted and will be silenced. At Hearts, whilst there is definitely a problem, they can at least have an open debate about it. There are plenty of Hearts fans who have expressed their anger about the latest embarrassment, which just wouldn't happen at Rangers, where every song is about Fenians/the pope/the IRA etc.

Yeah, OK they can discuss it.... But they do xxxx all about it and never have. The subject is never brought up by the chiefs at HMFC. Why? Its hidden and never brought up. And the media and SFA also turn a blind eye. That's Hearts though. The family club. Aye, right!

weecounty hibby
17-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Speaking about it and doing it are different things. If she is serious then I'm sure she will make it public when she bans them so as to show that it won't be tolerated.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Yeah, OK they can discuss it.... But they do xxxx all about it and never have. The subject is never brought up by the chiefs at HMFC. Why? Its hidden and never brought up. And the media and SFA also turn a blind eye. That's Hearts though. The family club. Aye, right!

Didn't Budge launch a number of them for sectarianism and revoke their season tickets? Still work to do there, no question.

weecounty hibby
17-09-2018, 06:37 PM

When was that? If recently then I believe what they asked you is illegal. You cannot ask people Thier religious beliefs as part of a recruitment process, nor their age, sexual orientation, political beliefs etc etc. I have been involved in many recruitment processes and would end up with my jitters if I asked a question like that.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-09-2018, 06:40 PM
I’ve never known Hearts fans to be anything other than bitter, bigots, with the odd exception.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 06:53 PM
When was that? If recently then I believe what they asked you is illegal. You cannot ask people Thier religious beliefs as part of a recruitment process, nor their age, sexual orientation, political beliefs etc etc. I have been involved in many recruitment processes and would end up with my jitters if I asked a question like that.
You can ask what religion they follow though.

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2018, 06:58 PM
I’ve never known Hearts fans to be anything other than bitter, bigots, with the odd exception.

Are you meaning Hearts fans collectively when at a game, or people you know?

I find it hard to believe that anyone living in Edinburgh that supports Hibs, doesn’t have friends, work mates or even family members that support Hearts.

I know plenty Hearts fans. Not one of them is a religious bigot. They’re all sound folk just like anyone else who happen to support a different team to me.

Your sweeping statement is nonsense and it’s this kind of internet chat that simply creates the ‘hatred’ between fans.

You must just have crap mates or hang around with ****my folk.

Kato
17-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Didn't Budge launch a number of them for sectarianism and revoke their season tickets? Still work to do there, no question.

None of that works, the fans have to police it themselves and it'll phase out. However, given that whenever they are in goading/celebratory mood at the end of games and most* of them join in with it (fenian blood and all) I don't think the appetite to self-police is there.

*always loads of chat about "It's only a minority", subjectively when I say "most", I'm meaning it looks like most. Someone posted a video a few years back on here of the whole South Stand when Hearts fans were celebrating a win at ER. It looked like "most" of them singing the Billy Fullarton song - to the point where it looked like all of them. Certainly wasn't a "minority", the rest of their fans mump on social media but there's no sign of any change.

Kato
17-09-2018, 07:14 PM
I know plenty Hearts fans. Not one of them is a religious bigot.

How do you know?

green day
17-09-2018, 07:43 PM
You can ask what religion they follow though.

Not sure I understand the difference?

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 07:46 PM
The only place I have ever been asked my religion is in hospital, and I took satisfaction in replying 'none'.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Not sure I understand the difference?
It will ask whether you are Christian, Muslim etc. They won’t ask which branch of a particular religion you follow.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2018, 07:48 PM
How do you know?

As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of them are religious bigots.

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 08:04 PM
As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of then are religious bigots.

But I bet they're very ugly and have terrible hygiene habits :greengrin

bawheid
17-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Is there not usually an “equal opportunities” form that you need to fill in for some job applications? It asks these kinds of questions (race, sexual orientation, etc) but is kept separate from the main application form. Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Protestant / Catholic question asked though.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2018, 08:06 PM
But I bet they're very ugly and have terrible hygiene habits :greengrin

Surely that goes without saying :greengrin

Kojock
17-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Or 20 years ago when trying to get into the Glasgow Police!!!

There was a time in Glasgow that based on which school you attended dictated what part of the City you were posted to. Would like to think that attitudes have changed since then.

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2018, 08:20 PM
As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of them are religious bigots.

Most of us on here will be the same, not all will admit it though!

You’d be better asking if anyone on here knows a religiously bigoted Hearts fan personally.

Apparently the city is full of them, so some of us must be mates with some of them!

green day
17-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Most of us on here will be the same, not all will admit it though!

You’d be better asking if anyone on here knows a religiously bigoted Hearts fan personally.

Apparently the city is full of them, so some of us must be mates with some of them!

I dont think that is really the point of most of the feedback here. I know a few Hearts fans and am pretty sure they are not "religious bigots".

However, in my opinion the biggest issue with Hearts - either at Tynecastle or away from home - is that nobody really challenges those who are singing the songs or hold these opinions (certainly those I know say "aye there are a few idiots) - but the very act of doing nothing just gives the bams carte blanche to continue.

Fife-Hibee
17-09-2018, 11:55 PM
Remember the away game against them near the end of last season. It wasn't just a few daft laddies. At least half of the wheatfield stand were at it. They were then belting it out again at half time behind the stand, giving it f****n this and f****n that. Right next to the line of security staff who just stood there with cotton wool in their ears.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2018, 06:09 AM
Remember the away game against them near the end of last season. It wasn't just a few daft laddies. At least half of the wheatfield stand were at it. They were then belting it out again at half time behind the stand, giving it f****n this and f****n that. Right next to the line of security staff who just stood there with cotton wool in their ears.

What are they supposed to do? Eject 3000 people or arrest them?

WeeRussell
18-09-2018, 06:44 AM
I get that young daft laddies will want to build an ‘atmosphere’ and maybe go close to the bone with some of their efforts. But why on earth would anyone, other than rangers, want to sound like rangers?!

Juniper Greens
18-09-2018, 06:45 AM
I get that young daft laddies will want to build an ‘atmosphere’ and maybe go close to the bone with some of their efforts. But why on earth would anyone, other than rangers, want to sound like rangers?!

The same reason people support Rangers?

Elephant Stone
18-09-2018, 07:26 AM

The bottom line :top marks Of all the teams in all the world they could copy :faf: Nice one Hearts, it looks great for you.

Proud to support Edinburgh's forward thinking, inclusive football club.

SirDavidsNapper
18-09-2018, 03:02 PM

The only thing i find worse than Rangers fans are Hearts fans mimicking them. They are actively trying to be like them. Scary.

Fife-Hibee
18-09-2018, 04:35 PM
What are they supposed to do? Eject 3000 people or arrest them?

Well the average age is 14 like you said. So what are the security staff so fearful of? :whistle:

SouthMoroccoStu
18-09-2018, 05:17 PM
The Sun now running a story of the damage to the away end by hearts fans on Saturday

And we’re not just talking a couple of broken plastic seats by the looks of the pictures

Juniper Greens
18-09-2018, 05:37 PM
The Sun now running a story of the damage to the away end by hearts fans on Saturday

And we’re not just talking a couple of broken plastic seats by the looks of the pictures

Also picking up on the sectarian bile. Hopefully this will be a start and all clubs will be picked up on this whenever it appears

Smartie
18-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Also picking up on the sectarian bile. Hopefully this will be a start and all clubs will be picked up on this whenever it appears

Not wanting to downplay the seriousness of the bile, but I wonder if this is really the worst sectarian bile the away end of a football ground in Scotland has seen in order for it to be so newsworthy?

I always had a hunch that when a clampdown came, it would somehow not involve either of the 2 main perpetrators.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-09-2018, 06:19 PM
I always had a hunch that when a clampdown came, it would somehow not involve either of the 2 main perpetrators.

You’re absolutely right

The rangers or Celtic will never be punished for it

They’ll blame insufficient evidence or poor audio quality and they’ll get away with it

I love it / despair when watching either old firm on tv (most sevco) and the commentary apologises when the mics pick up individuals swearing but never mention sectarian sing songs

BullsCloseHibs
18-09-2018, 08:01 PM
No wonder all Edinburghs football tourists want to see Hibs, not them. There can be no joy watching that lot and being in amongst such bigoted, disgusting people. They truly are vile.

18-09-2018, 10:15 PM
You’re absolutely right

The rangers or Celtic will never be punished for it

They’ll blame insufficient evidence or poor audio quality and they’ll get away with it

I love it / despair when watching either old firm on tv (most sevco) and the commentary apologises when the mics pick up individuals swearing but never mention sectarian sing songs

The OF always have and always will get away with their bigotry and fine well they know it hence why they happily belt out loudly and proudly their bile week in week out - they know fine well they are not going to be punished.

Remarkable that the age old "just a minority" line still get trodded out when it comes to them as well when it's blatently obvious for everyone to see it's not. Bigotry is part of the attraction for a lot of people who follow them though, its so massively ingrained in both clubs.

Hearts have a small element of "hunnery" with them and as I mentioned earlier their new singing section seem to be getting a lot of stick from other hearts fans for their song choices but it is a minority and I know hearts fans who are embarrassed by it. We too sadly have a very small minority of people who follow us who like to get involved in Celtic-like nonsense but fortunately I don't hear those sorts of songs at our games.

The OF are the main problem but until the authorities grow the backbone to actually do something about it then it wont go away - absolutely terrified to upset them!

My_Wife_Camille
18-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Not wanting to downplay the seriousness of the bile, but I wonder if this is really the worst sectarian bile the away end of a football ground in Scotland has seen in order for it to be so newsworthy?

The thing is, Hearts ARE one of the main perpetrators. They are every bit as bad as Rangers, the only difference is they are a far smaller club

Loopz
18-09-2018, 10:34 PM
I have grown up with and know a lot of Hearts fans. In my experience there is far more bigotry than there should be (Any is obviously unacceptable). The unfortunate thing is the parents are actually worse than the children and the kids do not know any better. I’m regularly in company where I have to challenge dialogue and it genuinely makes me sad.

WeeRussell
19-09-2018, 11:00 AM
The thing is, Hearts ARE one of the main perpetrators. They are every bit as bad as Rangers, the only difference is they are a far smaller club

Utter nonsense, and you know it.

Juniper Greens
19-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Agree not quite as bad, but if you scale up the numbers, won’t be far off?

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Are you meaning Hearts fans collectively when at a game, or people you know?

I find it hard to believe that anyone living in Edinburgh that supports Hibs, doesn’t have friends, work mates or even family members that support Hearts.

I know plenty Hearts fans. Not one of them is a religious bigot. They’re all sound folk just like anyone else who happen to support a different team to me.

Your sweeping statement is nonsense and it’s this kind of internet chat that simply creates the ‘hatred’ between fans.

You must just have crap mates or hang around with ****my folk.I meant growing up and to a lesser extent throughout my life. Not all Hibs fan's are/were brought up in Edinburgh.

This wasn't 'a sweeping statement' but my own personal experiences.I reckon that bigotry is more likely to cause hatred between fans rather than me posting my observations on this forum.

If Hearts fans generally are getting tarred with the same brush I reckon it's about time the decent Hearts fans done something about their own bigots.

My_Wife_Camille
19-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Not utter nonsense at all. The Huns are at it every week, so are the Hearts support. Hearts just get away with it because they are a smaller club with less fans

WeeRussell
19-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Not utter nonsense at all. The Huns are at it every week, so are the Hearts support. Hearts just get away with it because they are a smaller club with less fans

So the very few idiots that come out with IRA p1sh in pubs before Hibs games on the odd occasion make us just as bad as Celtic then?

Granted Hearts' sectarian problem is a lot bigger than anyone else outside the old firm, in our league (I would say anywhere else it's near non-existent).. but they aren't close to being on the same scale as Rangers, or Celtic for that matter.

Most Hearts fans will find the plooky ned brigade that are leading these songs embarrassing.

My_Wife_Camille
19-09-2018, 12:20 PM
So the very few idiots that come out with IRA p1sh in pubs before Hibs games on the odd occasion make us just as bad as Celtic then?

Granted Hearts' sectarian problem is a lot bigger than anyone else outside the old firm, in our league (I would say anywhere else it's near non-existent).. but they aren't close to being on the same scale as Rangers, or Celtic for that matter.

Most Hearts fans will find the plooky ned brigade that are leading these songs embarrassing.
No, the very few idiots that come out with IRA songs once in a blue moon don’t make us as bad as Celtic.

Yes, the thousands of Hearts fans that routinely sing bigoted, racist and xenophobic songs make them as bad as Rangers and they are getting worse.

This season son is only 5 games old and there have been videos of these types of songs being sung at at least 3 of them by significantly more than ‘a very few’.

Then we have the Anti Semitic songs, the Nazi salutes, the racist abuse towards Marv, Goncalves and Magennis in recent years. Going further back there’s the racist abuse towards Benji, Zemmama, Jose Quitongo and Mark Walters.

Some people just dismiss it as petty point scoring and sheug it off because it’s not Rangers but the bigotry, sectarianism, racism and xenophobia that comes out that club is far more prevalent than the ‘very few plooky neds’ that some like to think.

Keith_M
19-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Remind me, how did they behave at Hampden during the Minute's Silence for the death of the Pope in 2005(?).

Juniper Greens
19-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Remind me, how did they behave at Hampden during the Minute's Silence for the death of the Pope in 2005(?).

And John Robertsons response was pretty poor too.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-09-2018, 02:31 PM
And John Robertsons response was pretty poor too.

Didn't know or remember that!

Juniper Greens
19-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Looked it up so I don’t misquote

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-say-sorry-for-fans-who-booed-pope-tribute-1-707315
“But people have different beliefs and my religion is football and that’s all I’m concerned about."

WeeRussell
19-09-2018, 07:45 PM
No, the very few idiots that come out with IRA songs once in a blue moon don’t make us as bad as Celtic.

Yes, the thousands of Hearts fans that routinely sing bigoted, racist and xenophobic songs make them as bad as Rangers and they are getting worse.

This season son is only 5 games old and there have been videos of these types of songs being sung at at least 3 of them by significantly more than ‘a very few’.

Then we have the Anti Semitic songs, the Nazi salutes, the racist abuse towards Marv, Goncalves and Magennis in recent years. Going further back there’s the racist abuse towards Benji, Zemmama, Jose Quitongo and Mark Walters.

Some people just dismiss it as petty point scoring and sheug it off because it’s not Rangers but the bigotry, sectarianism, racism and xenophobia that comes out that club is far more prevalent than the ‘very few plooky neds’ that some like to think.

You’re right to condemn them and it’s definiely a growing problem. It’s the fact that the Huns are so bad that I believe hearts still have a long way to go to get near them.

majorhibs
19-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Start where, eh? That support in 70s80s saw as we did, Scotland’s “finest” polis a few times trying to wade into their mob. Next pics were polis hats flyin in the air. That was them then. What’s changed?

CampbellHarp
19-09-2018, 11:15 PM
There has been a huge resurgence within the hearts support towards unionism & anti-Catholicism which will only intensify in the generations coming through.

What I find bizzar is, why? Hearts as a football club have no historic reason to share these values, so why are they not just like any other normal club, leaving religion and politics out? Our situation on the other hand is completely different- we have a history that could easily lead us towards joining in with the pro-Irish pro-catholic saga, but we couldn’t be further from it. We as a support are shoulders above them, while they remain classless.

hibbyfraelibby
20-09-2018, 08:40 AM
There was a time in Glasgow that based on which school you attended dictated what part of the City you were posted to. Would like to think that attitudes have changed since then.

They used to have different coloured application forms in Monklands Council, and to a lesser extent Glasgow District Council, with very pale green ones being issued by councillors to give to their pals to ensure the selection committees knew who was "acceptable" irrespective of their suitability. Strathclyde Region had a slightly different but none the less biased arrangement.

madhibby
20-09-2018, 10:48 PM
They used to have different coloured application forms in Monklands Council, and to a lesser extent Glasgow District Council, with very pale green ones being issued by councillors to give to their pals to ensure the selection committees knew who was "acceptable" irrespective of their suitability. Strathclyde Region had a slightly different but none the less biased arrangement.

I worked for Glasgow District Council for a number of years and what you state re job application forms is complete nonsense. Candidates were always selected on merit.