PDA

View Full Version : Bogdan/rocky

rotherhamrob
16-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Does anyone think that rocky should come straight back in the team when fit?
I only ask because I don't think he should, now don't get me wrong, after bogdans first few games I thought he was garbage and would gladly have sent him back to Liverpool, however since then I think he's been excellent and it looks as if it was a confidence/lack of game time issue.
I personally think he should keep the gloves till his his form dips.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Does anyone think that rocky should come straight back in the team when fit?
I only ask because I don't think he should, now don't get me wrong, after bogdans first few games I thought he was garbage and would gladly have sent him back to Liverpool, however since then I think he's been excellent and it looks as if it was a confidence/lack of game time issue.
I personally think he should keep the gloves till his his form dips.

I don't think Bogdan started badly at all. He's been very good since joining and Rocky will not be guaranteed a place straight back in the team.

It's a good position for us to be in.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Normally the number 1 keeper would come straight back but I think Bogdan is now the number 1. I missed his first game when folk started getting on his case so have only seen him play well.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 10:50 AM
He made a cracking save from a header yesterday. Would have seen it late and got a big hand to knock it over the bar.

A couple of muppets near me hate him and were screamint about him after the 1st goal yesterday. The striker got good contact from 4 yards out so I'm not sure what they thought he should have done.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 10:52 AM
He made a cracking save from a header yesterday. Would have seen it late and got a big hand to knock it over the bar.

A couple of muppets near me hate him and were screamint about him after the 1st goal yesterday. The striker got good contact from 4 yards out so I'm not sure what they thought he should have done.

Some folk just don’t understand football PB.

green day
16-09-2018, 10:54 AM

Think that was the "Boyds coming on, guaranteed to score for the draw in the last 5 minutes....." header?

Aye, in front of me at the West Upper - very very good save.

As for the Brophy goal, wtf........some people know nothing

Bogdan is a very good keeper, its great that we have two

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Think that was the "Boyds coming on, guaranteed to score for the draw in the last 5 minutes....." header?

Aye, in front of me at the West Upper - very very good save.

As for the Brophy goal, wtf........some people know nothing

Bogdan is a very good keeper, its great that we have two

true - don't think we have ever had two keepers of the levels of these two before.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Bogdan has done enough to keep the jersey for now IMO. Changed days for us to have that kind of option between the sticks and a decent understudy too.

hfc rd
16-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Some folk around me were blaming Whitaker for that goal 😐

rotherhamrob
16-09-2018, 10:59 AM
true - don't think we have ever had two keepers of the levels of these two before.

I completely agree.
It's going to be difficult to keep them both happy.

Golden Bear
16-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Rocky has been out for a considerable period of time, he must have had (or still has) a serious injury. I must admit I had my doubts over Bogdan after the first couple of games, but he's proved he's a dependable keeper and should retain the number 1 jersey.

Onion
16-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Rocky straight in when fit. Best keeper we’ve had in years. Bogdan is unconvincing.

Malthibby
16-09-2018, 11:04 AM

An auld git notes, "Rough & Goram were better by a distance, but I agree we're in a good place goalkeeping-wise."
GG

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 11:05 AM
An auld git notes, "Rough & Goram were better by a distance, but I agree we're in a good place goalkeeping-wise."
GG

Not a bad duo right enough !

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 11:07 AM

I'd chuck Laidlaw into the mix as well. Not at the level of Bogdan or Rocky but there won't be many teams in Scotland with a 3rd choice keeper as decent as him.

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 11:07 AM
I'd chuck Laidlaw into the mix as well. Not at the leve of Bogdan or Rocky but there won't be many teams in Scotland with a 3rd choice keeper as decent as him.

fair point - there has been a number of seasons when our No 1 was not at the level of Laidlaw...

lord bunberry
16-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Rocky to come back in when he’s fit for me. I like Bogdan, but he’s only here on loan. Rocky is our main man.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2018, 11:30 AM
He keeps his place as long as he performs for me, it’s going to be hard for Rocky to displace him on current form.

16-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Nobody has a god given right to simply walk into the team, everyone has to earn their place. Rocky will have to work hard and if he proves to be the better keeper then fair dos but until then Bogdan has earned his place.

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Some folk around me were blaming Whitaker for that goal [emoji52]Brexit is all Whittys fault too apparently [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bangkok Hibby
16-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Bogdan is gaining in confidence with every game and showing he is a good keeper. I'd nurture and encourage this confidence for a while yet. Rocky has no divine right to walk back into the team, as good as he is.

Some loony on a Hibs FB group yesterday was slagging Bogdan and telling everyone what a crap keeper he is. As has been said many times, "some people just haven't a clue about football"

Heckys Wheel
16-09-2018, 01:03 PM
I’d need to get a decent look at Mrs Bogdan’s Instagram page before making a final decision. Until she’s proven herself, it’s Rocky for me.

My_Wife_Camille
16-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Marciano is a far superior goalkeeper to Bogdan, I’d have him straight back in without a second thought

Daydreamer
16-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Think when Marciano is fit Lennon will come out and say that Rocky is his number one goalkeeper which he said last season after Laidlaw's stint in goals

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Having Bogdan means Marciano has no pressure to come back too soon.
This will work for us and Marciano will be back and raring to play in November with a smaller risk of a relapse.

Also on the goalkeeper front. I could see Hibs playing fair with Laidlaw and allowing him to leave in January if he can get a contract with a decent team.
His deal is up at the end of the season, he has done well and is far to good to be a 3rd choice.

hibsdaft
16-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Marciano is a top, top shot-stopper. I think we underestimate how good he is at times, so for me he starts every game.

I don't buy the "he's done nothing wrong so he should keep the jersey" school of thought. You have to judge keepers on how many goals they stop, as well as how few errors they make. We kept Laidlaw in goals once before because he didn't make any obvious errors and it cost us big time - can't remember the game.

That said, I agree there is no point rushing him back.

erin go bragh
16-09-2018, 03:17 PM
GG
Did we no have Rough , Goram and Leighton at one point :cb

pedroorange1875
16-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did

Nonsense. Straight through his legs from 4 yards. No way is he to blame

lord bunberry
16-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Marciano is a top, top shot-stopper. I think we underestimate how good he is at times, so for me he starts every game.

I don't buy the "he's done nothing wrong so he should keep the jersey" school of thought. You have to judge keepers on how many goals they stop, as well as how few errors they make. We kept Laidlaw in goals once before because he didn't make any obvious errors and it cost us big time - can't remember the game.

That said, I agree there is no point rushing him back.
It was the league cup semi final against Celtic.

Smartie
16-09-2018, 03:46 PM

He had no chance at the goal.

He was in the right place, and it might as easily have hit one of his legs as it did go through them.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2018, 04:04 PM

Did you actually see the goal. Through his legs from close range, did you want his legs spread wider?

seanshow
16-09-2018, 04:13 PM
imo opinion Bogdan is a good solid keeper silimar standard to goalies we have had before, ie. he saves the shots he should save, plus a few 'camera saves' and not much more.
As soon as Marciano is fit I'd have have him straight into the team.

Sioux
16-09-2018, 04:55 PM

wtf?

Brooster
16-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Bogdan is the best goalie at the club. Keep him in goals.

Franck Stanton
16-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Rocky straight in when fit. Best keeper we’ve had in years. Bogdan is unconvincing.

Correct

SirDavidsNapper
16-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Having a team as close to the one that excelled last season is key for me. Quite like Bogdan but when fit Marciano is our number one.

hibby6270
16-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Did we no have Rough , Goram and Leighton at one point :cb

Aye we did - but not at the same time.:greengrin - which is the dilemma we currently face.:rolleyes: - Three decent keepers on the books all at once.

BegbieHSC
16-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Bogdan has been more than decent! Rocky is however our number 1, and should go straight back in.

RedHibby
16-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Rocky's injury seems to be keeping him out for a lot longer than most would have thought. The longer he is out the harder it will be for him to come straight back in.

Borderhibbie76
17-09-2018, 06:56 AM
Bogdan has been more than decent! Rocky is however our number 1, and should go straight back in.Agreed...you start with your strongest available 11 when fit and for me that means Rocky in goals hands down. Bogdan has been more than decent but it's Rocky for me every time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brooster
17-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Rocky's injury seems to be keeping him out for a lot longer than most would have thought. The longer he is out the harder it will be for him to come straight back in.

He doesn't want to play. Could've been back long ago.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2018, 07:37 AM

??

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Hard hat on here but not been totally convinced by either goalie tbh.

Bogdan keeps the gloves until his next clanger.

DH1875
17-09-2018, 07:53 AM

Care to expand :confused:

worcesterhibby
17-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Marciano will need a good few games in the development team, before he is ready to play IMHO. Goalies need to get Match sharp as much as outfield players, training is fine, but nothing hones the judgement and boosts the confidence like playing in a match. I would like to see Rocky play 2 or 3 matches and look sharp before we consider whether he should oust Bogdan. He hasn't played a match for several months and will need to be confident that his injury is fully healed in a match environment. If he's worried about his hand and hesitates to put it in the mixer when there is a stramash in the 6 yard box, it could cost us a goal.

Bogdan is doing very well for us at the moment, but at his best I think Rocky is a better keeper (and he's our keeper, not just on loan) once he is back to his best, he should get the gloves, but not until then.

NZ Green
17-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Marciano is the better keeper, loads of clean sheets and world class saves last season. The only problem about coming in straight away is he might be a bit rusty.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2018, 07:17 PM

According to a new site on facebook, he's been doing his national service back home, although he's been spotted at every home match? :greengrin

Steve20
17-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Rocky is good. Bogdan is not. Rocky should be right back in the team when fit.

Brooster
17-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Rocky is good. Bogdan is not. Rocky should be right back in the team when fit.

I disagree. I would keep Gray at right back....he is class.

RedHibby
17-09-2018, 08:34 PM
??

I must admit I have been a bit suspicious of why he has been out so long.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2018, 09:17 PM
According to a new site on facebook, he's been doing his national service back home, although he's been spotted at every home match? :greengrin

And Israeli national service lasts 2-2 1/2 years.

Might explain why we signed him on a 4 year deal? Can we reclaim his wages from the Israel government?

Hiber-nation
17-09-2018, 09:32 PM
I disagree. I would keep Gray at right back....he is class.

It's the way you tell them S 😂

AZhibee
18-09-2018, 12:06 AM
Rocky is the number 1 and should return.

GreenPJ
18-09-2018, 09:37 AM
I think Rocky upped his game when we had Bain for the few weeks he was here.

I am hopeful that Bogdan will have a similar effect and Rocky will push Bogdan to up his game.

bigell
18-09-2018, 09:58 AM
One easy way to tell, what does the new fifa game score them, or the new fm19....:wink:

worcesterhibby
21-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Marciano will need a good few games in the development team, before he is ready to play IMHO. Goalies need to get Match sharp as much as outfield players, training is fine, but nothing hones the judgement and boosts the confidence like playing in a match. I would like to see Rocky play 2 or 3 matches and look sharp before we consider whether he should oust Bogdan. He hasn't played a match for several months and will need to be confident that his injury is fully healed in a match environment. If he's worried about his hand and hesitates to put it in the mixer when there is a stramash in the 6 yard box, it could cost us a goal.

Since nobody else is liable to, I thought I should just point out that Rocky agrees with my post on the Bogdan/Marciano thread ! :greengrin

This is from his interview yesterday..."The goalkeeper said: “After such a long time out I felt like I really needed a game and it was my first game back, which was good. I really needed it to get back to feeling what it is like being in a game for things like my positioning and the tempo.“It was something that was important for me, obviously training helps as well, but playing gives you the best indication of where you are in the moment."