PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Hyndman

RossScott1991
16-09-2018, 09:52 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on him so far? Maybe when we are 10 games in it will be easier to judge then. I thought he was poor yesterday, drifted out of the game didn't get on the ball enough to try make things tick. There must be a player in there as Bournemouth fans didn't want to see him leave and rangers fans seemed to rate him.

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I remember him being decent at The Rangers so was expecting more from him.

I don’t think he looks like the type of loan signing that is desperate to be here and desperate to prove himself.

Disappointing so far.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 10:04 AM
I don't think he looks up to speed yet, would think we're more likely to to get an idea of what he's capable of of he gets a run in the team.

Whether we can afford to carry performances like yesterday while he gets that is another thing. I thought the game passed him by yesterday, he didn't get nearly as involved as we needed him to get, and you'd be hard pushed to call out a telling contribution that he made.

Godsahibby
16-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Looks a good player, that ball through to Boyle in the first half was one of the best passes I’ve seen in a long time. That said I don’t see how he fits into the team. Didn’t offer enough with how we were set up.

Possibly with Milligan in the team offering us the bite we need in midfield it might allow him to play more natural. Will come back to this point in a few weeks see how the midfield has settled.

GreenOnions
16-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Didn't really contribute yesterday and I felt that made life more difficult for Mallan and Whittaker - particularly in the first half.

There were quite a few instances where he was not on the same wavelength as other Hibs players - which is maybe understandable. He also seemed to prefer to play it safe - most often first-timing the ball backwards to the player who's passed it to him rather than consider turning with the ball and moving forwards.

Needs to be braver in possession I feel and get more involved in the game.

I don't know whether he's potentially a better player than Slivka or not but, for that advanced position in the midfield, Vic must be wondering why Hyndman is selected in front of him. I certainly am on current evidence - although Hyndman clearly has ability or he would not be a Bournemouth player.

As it happens I reckon Lennon will eventually decide Milligan, Mallan and Horgan are his best midfield three so Hyndman's game time will be limited unless he can deliver more or there are injuries.

Real Emerald
16-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Well don't play hide and seek with him as he'd win hands down. Spent the whole first half yesterday hiding and making himself unavailable for the ball. I though it was a shocking performance and not what we're used to seeing in a battling Hibs midfield. Total waste of space but having said that I don't think he's a bad player it's his attitude that's all wrong or at least it was yesterday.

green day
16-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Thought he was totally pony.

Milligan looks the real deal, and hopefully that will help shore things up in midfield and give a bit more competition

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Like everybody else seems to be I'm a bit 'meh' about him so far. Offered next to nothing yesterday and was close to being anonymous … at half time I said to my mate I thought Lennon would hook him stick Horgan into a more central position and bring Agyepong on … as it was Boyle was injured / hooked instead, but for me his first half contribution wasn't enough to keep him on the park after half time.

Because his time at The Rangers coincided with us being in a different division from them I cant remember much of him during his last stint in Scotland, but if you ask me he looks like a player with a decent amount of talent who needs a rocket up his arse.

Hibee Mac
16-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Done absolutely nothing since coming here, he can sit on the bench till January for all I care.

SirDavidsNapper
16-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Looks like he has no confidence. Not going to be too harsh on him. We won. Next week is another week.

DarlingtonHibee
16-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Done absolutely nothing since coming here, he can sit on the bench till January for all I care.

Great.... Let's give him a chance. Amazing how many experts we have on this forum.

Winston Ingram
16-09-2018, 10:49 AM
He was totally anonymous yesterday. Didn’t look interested at all.

overdrive
16-09-2018, 10:50 AM
I’d get rid in January (i.e. not renew the loan) unless he starts to show a dramatic improvement soon.

Funnily enough though I thought his best 10 minutes in the game came immediately before he was taken off.

Greenbeard
16-09-2018, 10:53 AM
He dropped his own 'N' y'day. Hide-man was what he did. Can't see him being in the team/squad for Dundee. Give him a few weeks in the reserves to see if he can get his confidence back and play more positively. Would be a good test for his attitude and desire as well. If he doesn't respond to it the way you'd hope, dump him.

Bob Box Fish
16-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Need to give him time to settle / get fit but on initial viewings he reminds me of Brian Hamilton.

SideBurns
16-09-2018, 11:32 AM
I was really surprised he started. Against Livvy, he came on as a sub and spent his time on the pitch strolling around the half way line playing passes back to the defenders. Definitely has ability, but needs to start taking responsibility in the middle and last third of the park.

Hibee Mac
16-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Great.... Let's give him a chance. Amazing how many experts we have on this forum.

Have you watched him at all this season? Looked like he couldn't be arsed all game yesterday and not done a single thing of note.

I could understand your comment if I'd watched him for one game and jumped to conclusions, but I've not I've seen him in 4 or 5 now and he's a liability in midfield who doesn't track runners and is invisible 90% of the game.

ekhibee
16-09-2018, 11:46 AM
I wasn't particularly impressed with him yesterday TBH, lots of running around but not really contributing much at all. I am wondering a bit as to what his role is in the team, defensive/attacking/holding midfielder, playmaker, etc. I agree that there is a player in there, and it's very early into the season, maybe as somebody else posted, give him a few games in the reserves and see what comes of it.

Real Emerald
16-09-2018, 11:48 AM

I never like to slate Hibs players but usually the ones that are bad are just not good enough. Hyndman on the other hand has ability but he was definitely hiding yesterday, didn't want the ball and when he did get it immediately got rid of it bar a couple of nice balls he put through. It is totally unacceptable to play the way he did yesterday, I can except a player of limited ability who tries but I'm not accepting the cowardly performance that impostor had yesterday. He needs to take responsibility and show he's at least trying or he needs launched.

Hibee Mac
16-09-2018, 11:51 AM
I never like to slate Hibs players but usually the ones that are bad are just not good enough. Hyndman on the other hand has ability but he was definitely hiding yesterday, didn't want the ball and when he did get it immediately got rid of it bar a couple of nice balls he put through. It is totally unacceptable to play the way he did yesterday, I can except a player of limited ability who tries but I'm not accepting the cowardly performance that impostor had yesterday. He needs to take responsibility and show he's at least trying or he needs launched.

Bang on.

cmcd
16-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Bang on.

Good to see Hibs fans giving a new young player time to settle. No player goes out to hide .Give the boy a break. And by the way ref.Brian Hamilton he was appreciated by all his team mates if not the fans

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 12:00 PM
He threaded a couple of what would have been delightful balls if the intended targets had similar vision to anticipate his intentions. Taking a bit of time to settle into the team, but once he gets a better understanding of his teammates and them of him, I’m certain we will see the player we know he can be very soon.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Good to see Hibs fans giving a new young player time to settle. No player goes out to hide .Give the boy a break. And by the way ref.Brian Hamilton he was appreciated by all his team mates if not the fans

Well said.

cmcd
16-09-2018, 12:02 PM
He threaded a couple of what would have been delightful balls if the intended targets had similar vision to anticipate his intentions. Taking a bit of time to settle into the team, but once he gets a better understanding of his teammates and them of him, I’m certain we will see the player we know he can be very soon.

Spot on

Eyrie
16-09-2018, 12:05 PM

I'll give him a chance when he shows enough to justify being given it. Right now the only reasons for playing him are that he had a good half-season at Sevco and is on loan from an EPL team. The reasons for not playing him were evident yesterday - largely anonymous, does little off the ball and not much on it. One good pass for Boyle isn't enough.

I assume Hyndman was brought in because we weren't optimistic about getting Allan back. Not every move works out and based on the early evidence this is one that hasn't. I don't think our squad would be weaker if he wasn't here and we played our own underperformer Slivka instead.

SquashedFrogg
16-09-2018, 12:06 PM

At last, a balanced view. Also put in a nice, meaty challenge in 2nd half which tells me alot.

Some of the descriptions on this thread are laughable, but sadly predictable.

Some players hit ground running. Some take a little time. The boy is a footballer. I'll give the him a chance before calling him an imposter etc.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Looks a good player, that ball through to Boyle in the first half was one of the best passes I’ve seen in a long time. That said I don’t see how he fits into the team. Didn’t offer enough with how we were set up.

Possibly with Milligan in the team offering us the bite we need in midfield it might allow him to play more natural. Will come back to this point in a few weeks see how the midfield has settled.

This is getting near to how i see Hyndman.
At the end of last season Hibs were a great rampaging team with all the parts working as one.
We lost big chunks of the team in the summer and it has taken us until yesterdays 2nd & 3rd substitutions to put it back together.

Kamberi up front on his own hasn't worked this season and similarly McLaren on his own hasn't worked.
As soon as they were together again we sparked into life, with options suddenly there for the midfield to feed them with good passes into the channels as the strikers pulled the Kilmarnock backline about.

Milligan will provide the steel, organisation and composure in the midfield which will give the attacking midfielders including Hyndman freedom to exploit the opportunities to find the strikers with quality passes into the channels. IMO all our midfielders including Hyndmann have suffered due to the lack of an anchor behind them and more importantly Kamberi then McLaren playing on their own ahead of them offering no options as they have been easily marked and contained by the opposition backline. If you take away Mallen's goals our midfielders struggle would have been more apparent.

Hyndman is a neat and tidy player with an eye for a pass but in a midfield surrounded with similar players and no options and space being created by the front line he and his other midfielders have been ineffective with Mallans strikes partly masking this.

In conclusion keep Kamberi and McLaren together up front and Milligan between the defence and the midfielders and the likes of Hyndman will flourish.

jacomo
16-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Well don't play hide and seek with him as he'd win hands down. Spent the whole first half yesterday hiding and making himself unavailable for the ball. I though it was a shocking performance and not what we're used to seeing in a battling Hibs midfield. Total waste of space but having said that I don't think he's a bad player it's his attitude that's all wrong or at least it was yesterday.

Unfortunately Slivka has a tendency to do the same thing.

I keep saying it - huge opportunity for our midfielders just now because we lost our first choice from last season and it’s all to play for.

Dylan, SJM, Allan, even Hendo and Fyvie, never stopped showing for the ball and trying to influence things, even if they were having a bad game.

This is what we need to see.

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Need to give him time to settle / get fit but on initial viewings he reminds me of Brian Hamilton.I thought exactly the same at the match yesterday...not been impressed 1 little bit by him and struggling to see why he was signed tbh. If he's meant to be a replacement for Scotty Allan he's failing miserably so far. Perhaps it's too early to judge but Slivka must be well p####d off at not getting a game watching him yesterday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2018, 12:40 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on him so far? Maybe when we are 10 games in it will be easier to judge then. I thought he was poor yesterday, drifted out of the game didn't get on the ball enough to try make things tick. There must be a player in there as Bournemouth fans didn't want to see him leave and rangers fans seemed to rate him.

Why do we do this?
i wonder what the Celtic fans wrote about Larsson after the game when he stuffed up allowing Charnley to score from a mile out?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Why do we do this?
i wonder what the Celtic fans wrote about Larsson after the game when he stuffed up allowing Charnley to score from a mile out?

I think it's only natural to want to talk about players, and as much as it's be great if everything was glowing praise there are going to be times when people justifiably (or otherwise) voice concerns.

No harm done, they're only opinions and can be countered and disagreed with.

flash
16-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Some hideous comments on this thread. You used to get a season to settle into a new club nowadays you get 15 minutes.
It's basically a microcosm of society these days where nobody is ever willing to wait for anything.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Some hideous comments on this thread. You used to get a season to settle into a new club nowadays you get 15 minutes.
It's basically a microcosm of society these days where nobody is ever willing to wait for anything.

Better if they stand and shout how bad the players are at the game?

greenlex
16-09-2018, 12:46 PM
He’s keeping a Scott Allan’s jersey warm.. Luke warm so far to be fair

flash
16-09-2018, 12:51 PM
Better if they stand and shout how bad the players are at the game?

What has that got to do with anything I said?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:55 PM
What has that got to do with anything I said?

Just think it's a bit rich having a go (again) at folk posting their opinions when you've got previous for slating players at the match.

flash
16-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Just think it's a bit rich having a go (again) at folk posting their opinions when you've got previous for slating players at the match.

Ah didn't realise it was personal. Nice touch.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Ah didn't realise it was personal. Nice touch.

:aok: Better just making general cutting comments about the other posters, I'll try that next time.

flash
16-09-2018, 01:00 PM
:aok: Better just making general cutting comments about the other posters, I'll try that next time.

Why don't you write a blog about it?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Why don't you write a blog about it?

:faf: I might, the world needs another semi-literate piece on football forum know-it-alls.

flash
16-09-2018, 01:08 PM
:faf: I might, the world needs another semi-literate piece on football forum know-it-alls.

Just to finish so ihave this straight. You are having a go at me for having a pop at people who are calling a young guy who has barely arrived a waste of space and to eff off back to Bournemouth. This is because I had an incident some time ago for which i subsequently apologised and admitted I was out of order.
That about cover it?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Just to finish so ihave this straight. You are having a go at me for having a pop at people who are calling a young guy who has barely arrived a waste of space and to eff off back to Bournemouth. This is because I had an incident some time ago for which i subsequently apologised and admitted I was out of order.
That about cover it?

You said there were some hideous comments on the thread, you didn't take issue with specific posts or posters, just slated the thread.

You did apologise for that incident, which was good of you, but at the same time it's a bit rich then getting all superior about people sharing their opinions on a forum.

Hibernia&Alba
16-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Finding his feet with us. He was impressive at the Huns, from what I saw of him, and he has talent. Hopefully, we'll see much more from him; it's early days.

flash
16-09-2018, 01:20 PM
You said there were some hideous comments on the thread, you didn't take issue with specific posts or posters, just slated the thread.

You did apologise for that incident, which was good of you, but at the same time it's a bit rich then getting all superior about people sharing their opinions on a forum.

I am trying to stick up for one of our players.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:22 PM
I am trying to stick up for one of our players.

Which is very noble, and I'm all for it - maybe it's just the way you do it that I took exception to.

flash
16-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Which is very noble, and I'm all for it - maybe it's just the way you do it that I took exception to.

As is your right it's a forum after all. I took exception to those who don't give a new player a chance. I suppose we al prioritise different things.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:34 PM
As is your right it's a forum after all. I took exception to those who don't give a new player a chance. I suppose we al prioritise different things.

Maybe not, I'd already posted about him needing more games before taking issue with you. :greengrin

Anyway, think we've both made our points now? Rather than taking the thread more off topic, what did you think of Hyndman yesterday?

flash
16-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Maybe not, I'd already posted about him needing more games before taking issue with you. :greengrin

Anyway, think we've both made our points now? Rather than taking the thread more off topic, what did you think of Hyndman yesterday?

He didn't get involved enough but a Rangers season ticket holder at my work thought we had made a great signing so happy to be patient.

calumhibee1
16-09-2018, 02:42 PM

Now I’m still fairly young so I wouldn’t have been around in the era you’re presumably talking about but I highly doubt people would have sat and watched performances like the ones Hyndman has put in so far for a full season before eventually being critical of him.

lord bunberry
16-09-2018, 03:52 PM
He was like a man short yesterday and that’s how he’s been every time I’ve seen him. Hopefully he comes good and proves me wrong, but I wouldn’t be starting him next week.

patlowe
16-09-2018, 03:57 PM
A bit like Slivka in that you can see the tidy technical ability but doesn't do enough to influence the game. So far anyway.

RossScott1991
16-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Why do we do this?

Don’t think there’s anything wrong in discussing players, I don’t think my original post was that critical either. I am just interested to see general feeling about him from other fans. Admittedly still really early to judge properly

Bishop Hibee
16-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Very disappointing so far.

JimBHibees
16-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Good post Hyndman is a talent thought he did ok yesterday shows for the ball better than some others. Just needs games. This thread is hotching obviously yams very cocky at present. Need the Derby to come round soon to put them in their place. Give the boy a chance.

JimBHibees
16-09-2018, 05:00 PM
He was like a man short yesterday and that’s how he’s been every time I’ve seen him. Hopefully he comes good and proves me wrong, but I wouldn’t be starting him next week.

Dear oh dear.

truehibernian
16-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Technically gifted players like EH need to be in a midfield that has balance and thus far we have yet to find the ideal midfield 4/5. What I think he needs is Bartley and/or Milligan behind him so he can be more forward thinking, because as it stands he is playing a little to safe and central. I think he has the vision and creativity to play in behind Kamberi, Boyle, McLaren, etc.......but he needs to be further up the pitch. His frame and physique shows he's not going to be an all rounder like SJM. But he is a talent, for me that is obvious. 5 or 6 games in is no time to judge him. Let's get Agyepong, Milligan, Horgan and Bartley really up to speed and fully match fit and see how he goes from there.

Not easy to immediately hit the ground running with so many team variations. I think he needs a goal to kickstart him.

scoopyboy
16-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Not sure about him.

He did well at Rangers, question I would be asking is does he want to be here?

Didn't look up for it yesterday and doesn't look interested in training from what I gather.

NL signed him and has given him chances which he has to do, I've nothing against that whatsoever but would rather he showed us a bit more.

Too early to hang him out to dry.

JimBHibees
16-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Technically gifted players like EH need to be in a midfield that has balance and thus far we have yet to find the ideal midfield 4/5. What I think he needs is Bartley and/or Milligan behind him so he can be more forward thinking, because as it stands he is playing a little to safe and central. I think he has the vision and creativity to play in behind Kamberi, Boyle, McLaren, etc.......but he needs to be further up the pitch. His frame and physique shows he's not going to be an all rounder like SJM. But he is a talent, for me that is obvious. 5 or 6 games in is no time to judge him. Let's get Agyepong, Milligan, Horgan and Bartley really up to speed and fully match fit and see how he goes from there.

Not easy to immediately hit the ground running with so many team variations. I think he needs a goal to kickstart him.

Good post agree with that.

SquashedFrogg
16-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Not sure about him.

He did well at Rangers, question I would be asking is does he want to be here?

Didn't look up for it yesterday and doesn't look interested in training from what I gather.

NL signed him and has given him chances which he has to do, I've nothing against that whatsoever but would rather he showed us a bit more.

Too early to hang him out to dry.

Loan deal doesn't have any specific appearance quota. Training comment is nonsense too.

Criticise the player by all means, but don't make things up.

Squirrel 1875
17-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Was delighted when we signed him. I have been disappointed since. Hides for 90 minutes much like one Liam Craig used to do.

My_Wife_Camille
17-09-2018, 12:37 AM
I predict he’ll be away in January having made little to no impact on the club, much as he has done so far

scoopyboy
17-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Loan deal doesn't have any specific appearance quota. Training comment is nonsense too.

Criticise the player by all means, but don't make things up.

I've never made anything up on here, quite simply I don't need to.

You don't know who told me the information regarding training so you don't know it is nonsense.

Regarding the loan conditions, I was merely implying if you sign someone on loan then you have to play him to find out what he's like. I have no idea of the deal but it would appear you do so you might enlighten us.

So basically you can take your accusation of making things up and shove it right up your President Carter.

MSK
17-09-2018, 03:43 PM

You don't know who told me the information regarding training so you don't know it is nonsense.

Regarding the loan conditions, I was merely implying if you sign someone on loan then you have to play him to find out what he's like. I have no idea of the deal but it would appear you do so you might enlighten us.

So basically you can take your accusation of making things up and shove it right up your President Carter.😆

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Dear oh dear.
He was, he made virtually no contribution to the game. He undoubtedly has ability, but he has lacked desire so far. I hope he comes good, but he really needs to up his game.

Zazu62
17-09-2018, 07:05 PM
How many times has he played for us? Give him a chance

Hibernia&Alba
17-09-2018, 07:06 PM
He was, he made virtually no contribution to the game. He undoubtedly has ability, but he has lacked desire so far. I hope he comes good, but he really needs to up his game.

Aye, he certainly has ability, as his time at Rangers demonstrated, but only time will tell if really wants to be at Hibs. Fingers crossed his spell with us doesn't become a waste of time.

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Aye, he certainly has ability, as his time at Rangers demonstrated, but only time will tell if really wants to be at Hibs. Fingers crossed his spell with us doesn't become a waste of time.
I hope so too. I want all our players to succeed.

Eyrie
17-09-2018, 07:15 PM

So far he's like Slivka in that he hasn't taken the chances he's been given, and there is plenty of competition for his place from players who have taken their opportunity.

HoboHarry
17-09-2018, 10:19 PM

So basically you can take your accusation of making things up and shove it right up your President Carter.

Can't ever recall a comment like that from you Scoop. Lol, you tell 'em man......

Onion
18-09-2018, 05:15 AM
Missing in action on Sat. Can't tackle and doesn't do enough to justify place ahead of others. Expect him to go back Jan.

judas
18-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Not a fan so far.

I’m going to make it my priority today to use the President Carter expression.

scoopyboy
18-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Can't ever recall a comment like that from you Scoop. Lol, you tell 'em man......

I don't normally, he was being completely disrespectful.

JimBHibees
18-09-2018, 07:27 AM

Indeed he has probably played less than 2 full games worth of minutes in the team and is being castigated. He needs a little time to settle in and prove himself thought he had a few very good bits on Saturday and dont at all understand the vehement criticism he seems to be getting here. Maybe it is because he isnt Scott Allan.

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2018, 07:50 AM
I was expecting better than he's shown so far, based on his performances for sevco.

makaveli1875
18-09-2018, 08:21 AM

I know 100% its utter nonsense . Theres no way Lennon would have started him on Saturday if that was true , not a hope in hell

scoopyboy
18-09-2018, 08:23 AM
I know 100% its utter nonsense . Theres no way Lennon would have started him on Saturday if that was true , not a hope in hell

Quite simply you don't.

Lennon starts Ambrose irrespective of how or even if he trains.

calumhibee1
18-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Indeed he has probably played less than 2 full games worth of minutes in the team and is being castigated. He needs a little time to settle in and prove himself thought he had a few very good bits on Saturday and dont at all understand the vehement criticism he seems to be getting here. Maybe it is because he isnt Scott Allan.

Out of interest, what did you think he done that was very good on Saturday? I’ve seen a ball that was played to Boyle mentioned (which would have been a great pass if he’d completed it admittedly) but the pass was slightly overhit. That to me says a lot about his contribution so far that people have been picking out an overhit pass that ran through to the keeper as something he’s done well.

JimBHibees
18-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Out of interest, what did you think he done that was very good on Saturday? I’ve seen a ball that was played to Boyle mentioned (which would have been a great pass if he’d completed it admittedly) but the pass was slightly overhit. That to me says a lot about his contribution so far that people have been picking out an overhit pass that ran through to the keeper as something he’s done well.

Played a lovely little pass in the first half when we were on the break, shows for the ball very well in other bits and kept the game ticking over. Thought he was ok and would only get better with games.

The_Horde
18-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Played a lovely little pass in the first half when we were on the break, shows for the ball very well in other bits and kept the game ticking over. Thought he was ok and would only get better with games.

Needs to add some intensity to his play first. Don't think I've seen him with the bit between his teeth once.

SaulGoodman
18-09-2018, 11:06 AM

How can you be 100% sure on something when you’re just assuming that Lennon wouldn’t start him?

He started Stokes enough and we all know how he trained.

Souter96Mac
18-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Want to see him do well as when I've watched him he's shown some really smart turns and touches. But not consistent enough yet. Hopefully he'll kick on.

CMurdoch
18-09-2018, 11:15 AM
If we play Kamberi and MacLaren up front and Milligan in defensive midfield you will see Hyndman playing killer balls through to the strikers and being far more effective generally.

scoopyboy
18-09-2018, 11:18 AM
If we play Kamberi and MacLaren up front and Milligan in defensive midfield you will see Hyndman playing killer balls through to the strikers and being far more effective generally.

So basically Lennon is getting it all wrong. :greengrin

I agree though that a settled team would help everybody.

MrRobot
18-09-2018, 11:20 AM
I was expecting more from him but it still is early doors. That said, I'd much prefer Allan back in January and we play Milligan Mallan & Allan as our central 3.

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2018, 11:22 AM
I predict he’ll be away in January having made little to no impact on the club, much as he has done so far

Say it about every player we sign on loan and you’ll be right once in a while!

CMurdoch
18-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Nothing like that, given Saturday was the first time all the guys were available together.
Although i would have started with Milligan on Saturday and brought McLaren on after an hour when it was evident Kamberi was struggling on his own. All in my humble opinion.

pacoluna
18-09-2018, 11:31 AM

I've never understood the purpose of a scoop that "scoops" supposed negative info. What benefit comes from it?in

scoopyboy
18-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I've never understood the purpose of a scoop that "scoops" supposed negative info. What benefit comes from it?in

So to clarify you can only post positive news on here?

My posts aren't supposed to be one thing or another, they are usually things I have heard and believed.

pacoluna
18-09-2018, 12:40 PM
So to clarify you can only post positive news on here?

My posts aren't supposed to be one thing or another, they are usually things I have heard and believed.

I'm guessing the reason your called scoopyboy is because you want to be known as a scoop? :greengrin

Negative comments are fine, but i don't understand any real positive that comes from a self admitted scoop airing supposed negative scoops.

scoopyboy
18-09-2018, 02:30 PM
I'm guessing the reason your called scoopyboy is because you want to be known as a scoop? :greengrin

Negative comments are fine, but i don't understand any real positive that comes from a self admitted scoop airing supposed negative scoops.

Completely wrong regarding the username.

For about 20 years I wrote the bowling report for the East Lothian Courier, whereby I earned the nickname scoop.

I can understand why fellow posters think I called myself scoopyboy because I post lots of scoops, but that isn't true.

MSK
18-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Completely wrong regarding the username.

For about 20 years I wrote the bowling report for the East Lothian Courier, whereby I earned the nickname scoop.

I can understand why fellow posters think I called myself scoopyboy because I post lots of scoops, but that isn't true.****, bang goes my theory, you werent an ice cream man 🤭

Spike Mandela
18-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Dismissing a player after we have played 5 league games is as bad as those in the media and here that are talking about Hearts doing a Leicester.

A bit of patience and perspective is required, surely? Assess the lad as his loan deal nears finishing.

My_Wife_Camille
18-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Say it about every player we sign on loan and you’ll be right once in a while!
I predict Maclaren and Agyepong will be excellent loan signings and will offer a lot over the season.

How does that fit your theory?

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Dunno, you confused me now!

My_Wife_Camille
18-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Dunno, you confused me now!
Doesn’t seem difficult

WhileTheChief..
18-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Ouch!

houstonhibbee
18-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Dismissing a player after we have played 5 league games is as bad as those in the media and here that are talking about Hearts doing a Leicester.

A bit of patience and perspective is required, surely? Assess the lad as his loan deal nears finishing.

there will be nothing to assess if he doesn't improve as he wont get any game time