PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Jim44
16-09-2018, 09:22 AM
It looks like he is completely out of the picture at Parkhead as I can’t remember the last time I saw his name on a team sheet. I wonder if he plays regularly for their reserve/developement team.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2018, 09:38 AM
It looks like he is completely out of the picture at Parkhead as I can’t remember the last time I saw his name on a team sheet. I wonder if he plays regularly for their reserve/developement team.

Who?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Who?

Scott Allan, the clue was in the thread title.

IGRIGI
16-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Sign him on a pre contract in January, could be the difference between 4th and 2nd.

:greengrin

GordonHFC
16-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Scott Allan, the clue was in the thread title.

Think that was a whooooosh moment?

matty_f
16-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Think that was a whooooosh moment?

No, I just thought the response was a bit disrespectful to a player who was very good for us last season so I had a smart-arse reply :greengrin

Elephant Stone
16-09-2018, 09:50 AM
There probably aren't many better signings we can realistically make. We known how good he is and he's still only 26, a pre-contract in January would be absolutely massive for us.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Going forward the guy has to be forgotten about from a HIBS point of view until January. We go with what we have got. There is no doubt the guy is a great player for HIBS and we will try and get him on a precontract in January. No disrespect meant but it is what it is.Hopefully the guys on board can make us forget about him as we build a new team.:wink:

Jim44
16-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Apologies to folk who are thinking ‘here we go again on Scott Allan’. I didn’t intend to start a debate on his merits etc. I am genuinely interested to know if he actually gets any game time to speak of these days.

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Scott Allan?

As big a waste of a talent as there's been in Scottish football over the last 10 years. This guy is going to kick his heels in Celtic's reserves for another year getting decent money for a player in Scotland while the contribution he could be making to the entertainment value in our league is, like his talent, wasted. He must have made a decent wedge by now, surely if he has ANY ambition to become a player who will be talked about after his career is over and maybe even ( shock horror ) win something he has to join the only club he has ever fulfilled his potential at by signing a pre contract with Hibs in January … If he doesn't then like the rest of Scottish football will I think we should just forget about him.

Celtic are a blight on our game in all honesty, Johhny Hayes, Ryan Christie, Scott Allan … all players who could be huge in this league sooked up by them just because they could and hardly ever given a game. Thank goodness that hasn't been the fate of John McGinn, what player wanting his career to progress would be daft enough to join Celtic? Bad enough that the a guy who was being touted as the Scottish Messi in Ryan Gauld has totally become a forgotten man since joining Sporting Lisbon.

Scott Allan ….. 20 years from now doon the pub telling everybody he was a professional footballer and folk saying …. wur ye aye?

Hibbyradge
16-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Scott Allan ….. 20 years from now doon the pub telling everybody he was a professional footballer and folk saying …. wur ye aye?

And there'll still be folk on here saying he could still do a job for us"!

patlowe
16-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Scott Allan?

As big a waste of a talent as there's been in Scottish football over the last 10 years. This guy is going to kick his heels in Celtic's reserves for another year getting decent money for a player in Scotland while the contribution he could be making to the entertainment value in our league is, like his talent, wasted. He must have made a decent wedge by now, surely if he has ANY ambition to become a player who will be talked about after his career is over and maybe even ( shock horror ) win something he has to join the only club he has ever fulfilled his potential at by signing a pre contract with Hibs in January … If he doesn't then like the rest of Scottish football will I think we should just forget about him.

Celtic are a blight on our game in all honesty, Johhny Hayes, Ryan Christie, Scott Allan … all players who could be huge in this league sooked up by them just because they could and hardly ever given a game. Thank goodness that hasn't been the fate of John McGinn, what player wanting his career to progress would be daft enough to join Celtic? Bad enough that the a guy who was being touted as the Scottish Messi in Ryan Gauld has totally become a forgotten man since joining Sporting Lisbon.

Worked out pretty well for Armstrong, Brown, Hartley and countless others. Pretty sure McGinn would have done fine too. I agree that it's a shame when players sit on the bench for Celtic but it's up to them to prove they are good enough or alternatively make clear they want to be elsewhere. Although not for Celtic, Christie has played plenty football over the past three years, I just can't help but think Allan may be the issue here, much as I absolutely love him as a player.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2018, 03:54 PM
And there'll still be folk on here saying he could still do a job for us"!

He’ll have to get in line behind Riordan and Dobbie...

16-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Scott Allan?

Totally agree with this. Another excellent piece of talent wasted by Celtic. At 26 he really should be in his prime and with his ability playing regularly at a decent level. Lets be honest Celtic never really had much need for him, IMO it was all about getting 1 up on the huns who were making such a big song and dance about getting him.

Would love to see him back at us, I think hibs play the style of play that Allan absolutely thrives at and on his day you would struggle to find a better midfielder in this country.

16-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Scott Allan?

You can add Liam Henderson for 18 months to that list.

I'd be delighted if we sign Scott Allan in January and think we should pay to get him there and then (if the price is sensible) rather than a pre-contract.

I am concerned that he is that annoyed with the deal not going through last month that he may no longer wish to come. He might not want to run the risk of a deal falling through at the last minute again. If indeed that is what happened last time, as it seems.

16-09-2018, 05:11 PM

I'd be delighted if we sign Scott Allan in January and think we should pay to get him there and then (if the price is sensible) rather than a pre-contract.

I am concerned that he is that annoyed with the deal not going through last month that he may no longer wish to come. He might not want to run the risk of a deal falling through at the last minute again. If indeed that is what happened last time, as it seems.

I doubt it, I think he's desperate to come back to hibs. He seems to play his best football here and at 26 he really needs to get back playing regular football again.

16-09-2018, 05:19 PM
I doubt it, I think he's desperate to come back to hibs. He seems to play his best football here and at 26 he really needs to get back playing regular football again.

I agree but I'd like to know exactly what happened with the deal on deadline day because from what I could gather on here it seemed he was extremely pee'd off (not surprisingly) that it fell through and I'm not entirely sure the reason it did.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 07:20 PM

So in January you think we should pay money to bring a 27 year old guy who has played 21 games in his career (if you disregard his loan spells and 1 season at Hibs).

I think we should arrange a pre-contract with Scott at £3k per week on a 2 year deal. Then hang back.

Then Mr Lawell can pay the young man £8k per week to hang about Celtic Park.
Alternatively a pragmatic Mr L can loan him to us and we will pay them a £3k per week loan fee until the end of the season.
This leaves us with the player, Scott fully paid up and Celtic only leaking £5k per week on the deal.

tamig
16-09-2018, 07:29 PM
So in January you think we should pay money to bring a 27 year old guy who has played 21 games in his career (if you disregard his loan spells and 1 season at Hibs).

I think we should arrange a pre-contract with Scott at £3k per week on a 2 year deal. Then hang back.

Alternatively a pragmatic Mr L can loan him to us and we will pay them a £3k per week loan fee until the end of the season.
This leaves us with the player, Scott fully paid up and Celtic only leaking £5k per week on the deal.
Scott Allan could make a huge difference to us. If we need to pay to get him from January we should do so. I can’t see Lawell sanctioning a loan after the McGinn fiasco.

007 Mickey Weir
16-09-2018, 07:42 PM

This!!

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Scott Allan could make a huge difference to us. If we need to pay to get him from January we should do so. I can’t see Lawell sanctioning a loan after the McGinn fiasco.

After McGinngate will Lawwell sell him to us for a sensible fee?
If you were Leanne how much would you be willing to pay for him?

calumhibee1
16-09-2018, 07:52 PM
After McGinngate will Lawwell sell him to us for a sensible fee?
If you were Leanne how much would you be willing to pay for him?

If we were still within touching distance of European places then we should be willing to pay a reasonable fee IMO.

calumhibee1
16-09-2018, 07:56 PM

Why on earth would you disregard his 57 appearances for Hibs - the most relevant to us of all his appearances - and also his appearances from other loan spells?

Bit like taking Cristiano Ronaldos record at Real Madrid out the equation (also his best period of his career, like Allan with us) and then declaring that he was only ever a decent player who had one good season at Man Utd.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Why on earth would you disregard his 57 appearances for Hibs - the most relevant to us of all his appearances - and also his appearances from other loan spells?

Bit like taking Cristiano Ronaldos record at Real Madrid out the equation (also his best period of his career, like Allan with us) and then declaring that he was only ever a decent player who had one good season at Man Utd.

Scott at 27 (November) will have made 143 career appearances for club and country, including many as a sub. Christiano has made over 700 including almost 300 at Real Madrid. No real mark versus legend.
Other than at Hibs, Scott has barely played for his parent clubs and has played infrequently and poorly on most of his loan spells.
I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him but Celtic have a very weak hand and we should not be offering anything other than a way out.

Milligan was the guy we had to land not Scott Allan.