PDA

View Full Version : Mallan’s free kicks

erin go bragh
16-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Almost always hits the target with them . His ratio of free kicks to goals must be the highest I have ever seen . Talking to a fellow fan at the game yesterday and we both agreed on him being one of the best we have seen . Yes Deeks could score them as could Sauzee . Griffiths could fairly crack them in and going further back ,so could Joe Mcbride jn but is Mallan the best .:cb

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Almost always hits the target with them . His ratio of free kicks to goals must be the highest I have ever seen . Talking to a fellow fan at the game yesterday and we both agreed on him being one of the best we have seen . Yes Deeks could score them as could Sauzee . Griffiths could fairly crack them in and going further back ,so could Joe Mcbride jn but is Mallan the best .:cb

All the above all fine exponents of the art.

Mallan could potentially be the best.

Lenny described yesterdays strike as being “ world class “ on HIBS TV

From a personal point of view I am just glad that Lenny has told Horgan to leave the free kicks to Mallon.

hfc rd
16-09-2018, 11:33 AM
He’s excellent at set pieces! Great free-kick and a fantastic corner kick delivery for SDG’s goal.

Everytime we get a free-kick now, I’ve never felt more confident that we are going to score. Teams must surely be aware that we possess a great threat in these situations now.

Eyrie
16-09-2018, 11:45 AM
He’s excellent at set pieces! Great free-kick and a fantastic corner kick delivery for SDG’s goal.

Everytime we get a free-kick now, I’ve never felt more confident that we are going to score. Teams must surely be aware that we possess a great threat in these situations now.
And with Agyepong, Boyle and Horgan running at them, opposing defenders will have a very tough decision to make.

overdrive
16-09-2018, 11:55 AM
My dad had just finished moaning that Mallan was taking it as it suited a left footer. “He’ll never score from there with his right foot” :faf:

GreenArmyyy!
16-09-2018, 12:08 PM
7 goals for Hibs, 7 goals outside of the box. Absolutely ridiculous.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 01:45 PM
And with Agyepong, Boyle and Horgan running at them, opposing defenders will have a very tough decision to make.

That's a good point

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 01:48 PM
My dad had just finished moaning that Mallan was taking it as it suited a left footer. “He’ll never score from there with his right foot” :faf:

That's what made it so good and probably what impressed Lennon.
It was brilliant, going away from the goalkeeper at speed.

Bangkok Hibby
16-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Is Mallan the best?....Yes

patlowe
16-09-2018, 03:33 PM
I can't think of any player in our history, or playing elsewhere for that matter, who scores free kicks with such regularity. An incredible skill and weapon to have and will get us out many a pickle in the coming months I'm sure.

Hi Heid Yin
16-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Mallan has brought an extra (and more dangerous) element to Hibs play - an ability to hit the back of the net at will from distance.
Neither McGinn or McGeouch could offer us this. Mallan is compensating for their loss Big Time!

Elephant Stone
16-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Mallan has brought an extra (and more dangerous) element to Hibs play - an ability to hit the back of the net at will from distance.
Neither McGinn or McGeouch could offer us this. Mallan is compensating for their loss Big Time!

I can recall at least 3 goals McGinn scored from outside the box, there are probably more

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 06:24 PM
I can recall at least 3 goals McGinn scored from outside the box, there are probably more

He did indeed score a few good goals. But not regularly. He never scored enough for the power he had in that left foot.

Obviously he did a lot more that Mallan doesn’t do. But if we can get the right players in behind Mallan he should be looking at 15-20 goals this year.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Mallan struggles to get around the pitch but given his shooting and free kick prowess he is more than making up for his shortfalls. It's great when we are struggling and he decides to fire one into the top bin.
Could have done with him in the Championship years when a scoreable free kick generally meant the ball driven into the wall or skied.

The engine of McGinn and the shooting boots of Mallan would be some player