PDA

View Full Version : Kicking off in total silence

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 06:54 PM
I still can’t get my head round the idea of playing music at ear splitting volume just before the game kicks off when every time, the ref blows his whistle to start, the music is cut and the game starts in complete silence. It then takes a minute or so for the fans to start to get some atmosphere going themselves. Don’t see what the practice brings to the match day experience.

H18 SFR
15-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Agreed, it's counter productive.

Jack Hackett
15-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Music should stop when the teams come out

HappyAsHellas
15-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Gets on my nerves as well, what's the bloody point?

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 07:31 PM
I still can’t get my head round the idea of playing music at ear splitting volume just before the game kicks off when every time, the ref blows his whistle to start, the music is cut and the game starts in complete silence. It then takes a minute or so for the fans to start to get some atmosphere going themselves. Don’t see what the practice brings to the match day experience.

It's always irritated me as well.

I've whinged about the lack of atmosphere on the other threads, but this really doesn't help.

Lang Toun hibby
15-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Totally agree the music should be switched off 5mins before the start to allow fans to build the atmosphere, Sometimes the start is he noisiest. Noticed some games even have a countdown from 10.

murray26
15-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Agreed.. the music pre kickoff is to loud and crap.

Jack Hackett
15-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Has this been brought to the fans reps attention? Seems like the kind of thing they're in a position to discuss with the club

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Has this been brought to the fans reps attention? Seems like the kind of thing they're in a position to discuss with the club

I think the Hibs 'DJ', or whatever they're called nowadays, sometimes reads the comments on here.

Might be worth people making their thoughts known directly to the club, and they could pass it on. If enough of us did that, they might do something about it.

Greenfly
15-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Agreed 100%. It's a cringe and adds nothing to the overall atmosphere.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Same every week, ear splittingly loud in FF lower, fortunately in slightly late after over indulging in Greggs pre-match so missed out on the racket, stepped in during the 'silence'.

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Happens at semi finals and finals at Hampden too, really grating as both sets of fans try to build an atmosphere only to be drowned out by the latest Radio 1 chart topper.

Eyrie
15-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Bluetooth headphones are essential if you want to avoid the crap music played at Easter Road.

#2 Double Tap
15-09-2018, 10:08 PM
it is all about the choice of song for me.

some songs work good, some not so good.

the songs that generate crowd participation are best.

I always think the teams should come out to GGTTH. surely none of you would moan about that :P

IrnBru22
15-09-2018, 11:07 PM
I think the Hibs 'DJ', or whatever they're called nowadays, sometimes reads the comments on here.

Might be worth people making their thoughts known directly to the club, and they could pass it on. If enough of us did that, they might do something about it.

He plays the same crap (non hibs related) songs every week too

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 11:20 PM
Bluetooth headphones are essential if you want to avoid the crap music played at Easter Road.

:agree:

Wired headphones just won't cut it.

SRHibs
15-09-2018, 11:58 PM

Yup. I listen to loud crowd noises on my Bluetooth headphones. The atmosphere is great!

SteveHFC
16-09-2018, 12:31 AM
We should let the fans decide what music should be played each game.

heretoday
16-09-2018, 12:51 AM
Loud music in pubs is designed to make folk drink more.
Does it make us shout more at the match?
I don't think so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2018, 06:41 AM
Loud music in pubs is designed to make folk drink more.

How does that work then?

superfurryhibby
16-09-2018, 06:48 AM
How does that work then?

No conversation, drink faster?

Agree with the original post, the music does nothing for the , ahem, matchday experience.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2018, 07:20 AM
No conversation, drink faster?

Agree with the original post, the music does nothing for the , ahem, matchday experience.

Don't think I've ever been in a pub where the volume of the music is loud enough to prevent me having a conversation (not for a few years at least), I'll not worry about it too much though.

WhileTheChief..
16-09-2018, 07:27 AM
The announcer dude gets everything wrong.

I completely agree that there should be a no music for a few mins before kick off, same at half time. In fact no music at half time would be pretty decent.

Likewise, after a game, give us a min or two before the music.

When we beat Hearts last year he played SoL as soon as the whistle went. No time to turn to your mates and celebrate the win, cheer or talk about it at all. Just bang, SoL. And it was crap cause everyone in the stadium was trying to cheer, sing and applaud the team.

I think he’s about 12 and just gets dead excited getting to play with the buttons.

NeilT
16-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Yes, the music at the start of the game is annoying.

But far worse, in my opinion, is making announcements about the size of the crowd and the man of the match when the game is still being played and can be at a critical point. That drives me demented. These announcements should be made straight after the final whistle.

superfurryhibby
16-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Don't think I've ever been in a pub where the volume of the music is loud enough to prevent me having a conversation (not for a few years at least), I'll not worry about it too much though.

Worried enough to ask the question though?

Obviously living a bit of a sheltered life at Dickens, try Brewhemia on. Friday night, the volume is megaloud and the beer is twice the price too.

.Sean.
16-09-2018, 07:33 AM
It’s also the fact he plays utter garbage from the charts that does my head in. Absolute dross.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Yes, the music at the start of the game is annoying.

But far worse, in my opinion, is making announcements about the size of the crowd and the man of the match when the game is still being played and can be at a critical point. That drives me demented. These announcements should be made straight after the final whistle.

Most folk have left by then though...

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Worried enough to ask the question though?

Obviously living a bit of a sheltered life at Dickens, try Brewhemia on. Friday night, the volume is megaloud and the beer is twice the price too.

Should I know who you are?

Keith_M
16-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Should I know who you are?

You've got a stalker!

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2018, 08:09 AM
You've got a stalker!

:greengrin

Its really not worth the effort! :-)

Onion
16-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Outwith the football at ER, the fan experience is pretty poor.

Announcer ....
switch it off when the teams come out.
look at your phone (BBC Sport) before telling us HT results. How hard can it be ?
drop the kids announcing the goalscorer. Who thought that would be a good idea ?
reserve SOL for truly memorable wins against the Yams.

Don't get me started on the "catering" :rolleyes:

SirDavidsNapper
16-09-2018, 08:37 AM

Announcer ....
look at your phone (BBC Sport) before telling us HT results. How hard can it be ?
drop the kids announcing the goalscorer. Who thought that would be a good idea ?

Maybe we can ask Celtic for an emergency loan of their disco ball and speaker system. They don't need it for the Champions League now anyway

hibee_girl
16-09-2018, 08:39 AM

Announcer ....

The kids doing the announcing was because it was a Hibs Kids day, it’ll only happen 4 times a season and will give the kids a great memory, not really worth being annoyed about surely?

Phil MaGlass
16-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Totally agree the music should be switched off 5mins before the start to allow fans to build the atmosphere, Sometimes the start is he noisiest. Noticed some games even have a countdown from 10.

I have been saying this for years, IF you must play music right up to kickoff, make sure its music the fans can get up for, does ma titsin

matty_f
16-09-2018, 08:41 AM
I think the announcer is pretty good in all honesty, though I completely agree with the point about stopping the music when the teams come out and let the fans build up some atmosphere.

Thought the singing section were quiet yesterday, are they still boycotting? :confused: