PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi and MacLaren

Pretty Boy
15-09-2018, 03:57 PM
They are better players and we are a better team when they play together. Finding a system that can accomodate both should be a priority.

hibsbollah
15-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Keegan and Toshack.

hibee_girl
15-09-2018, 04:10 PM
We looked like a completely different team with them both on the pitch, they need to be starting games together

Ozyhibby
15-09-2018, 04:17 PM
They are better players and we are a better team when they play together. Finding a system that can accomodate both should be a priority.

Absolutely. Last 20 mins we were like a different team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
15-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Absolutely. Flo has spent most of the league season chasing after and not getting close to balls in his general direction. JM impact when he came on was instant could see a bit of the spark of last season

telford hibbee
15-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Lennon said on radio that they were working on getting mclaren up to speed. Seems to me that is the same problem we had in January, but it was worth the wait.

Onion
15-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Only reason they've not been playing is injury and delay in signing. They are a quality partnership - more than the sum of the 2 parts :aok:

04Sauzee
15-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Kamberi comes alive when Maclaren is playing up top with him.

lord bunberry
15-09-2018, 04:49 PM
We look much more dangerous when they’re both playing.

Eyrie
15-09-2018, 04:53 PM
4-1-3-2 anyone?

BlackSheep
15-09-2018, 04:57 PM
4-1-3-2 anyone?

Name it....

04Sauzee
15-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Name it....

Think he's thinking

Bogdan

Stevenson
Gray
Hanlon
McGregor

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Maclaren

Can't see us dropping the likes of Ambrose though

SaulGoodman
15-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Name it....

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Milligan
Agyepong/Boyle. Mallan Horgan
Kamberi Maclaren

Defence brings up problems because I don't think Efe or Porteous need dropped but barring injuries that's our best defence imo. Agyepong and Boyle is just personal preference.

BegbieHSC
15-09-2018, 05:07 PM
The pair of them are the first names on the team sheet,

They’re no dreadful as lone strikers, but as a partnership they’re the best strike force in the league.

Smartie
15-09-2018, 05:14 PM
As long as you have your Lennon/ McCartney, Squire/ Brown or Morrissey/ Marr, it doesn't matter if you didn't quite get the band back together.

I was really impressed by McLaren today. He was an absolute live wire when he went on, and it was getting him involved that turned the game in our favour. He won us the third goal - the sharpness to win the header near halfway, then the speed of thought to get his body in the way and win the penalty.

That's a couple of very good afternoons he's had already this season at ER.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Flo isn’t a lone striker

He needs an upfront partner (not Boyle the winger)

Pay the reported £400k for Maclaren now

We’ve put the band back together!!!

weecounty hibby
15-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Lennon said after the game that want Jamie to start but are still trying to get him up to speed. All three subs today made a difference when they came on

mikewynne
15-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Thought McLaren was very, very lively when he came on. Had a big influence in the game, even outwith the penalty.

The_Horde
15-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Lennon said after the game that want Jamie to start but are still trying to get him up to speed. All three subs today made a difference when they came on

Interesting that he felt Flo was fine though after quite a spell out.

number9dream
15-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Won’t be the same selection or formation each week but I think we need these two up top together most weeks be it 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or a 4-1-3-2.
Ambrose, Hanlon, Mallan & our full-back stalwarts will be nailed on starters and hopefully Milligan & Horgan come into that category.

Ronniekirk
15-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Mclaren more like his old self today and he brought a new lease of Life to Kamberi

erin go bragh
15-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Great together but thought the boy from Ghana made a brilliant ER debut . Looks a player and then some more.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-09-2018, 06:19 PM
One of the biggest problems i feel we have is having SDG back. Our form last season with the 352 and boyle at WB allowed us to be very attacking and have the 2 up top.

SDG is so solid defensively though i don't think we can not play him when fit and i don't think any defensive pairing we have other than Hanlon/Mcgregor is good enough/experienced enough/wise enough delete as applicable to play with a back 4

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Interesting that he felt Flo was fine though after quite a spell out.
Same thing happened in January. Flo came straight in and started the day he signed I think but Maclaren had to wait weeks for his first start

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Kamberi comes alive when Maclaren is playing up top with him.

:agree: he was a different man when the sub was made.

Smartie
15-09-2018, 06:27 PM
One of the biggest problems i feel we have is having SDG back. Our form last season with the 352 and boyle at WB allowed us to be very attacking and have the 2 up top.

SDG is so solid defensively though i don't think we can not play him when fit and i don't think any defensive pairing we have other than Hanlon/Mcgregor is good enough/experienced enough/wise enough delete as applicable to play with a back 4

The back 4 were very good today.

Stevenson was left a bit exposed in the first half and Stewart had far too much space for their second goal but we the whole team looked more secure in the second half.

greenlex
15-09-2018, 06:33 PM
I heard Lennon comments but for me it’s Flo that needs to get up to speed.

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2018, 06:34 PM
I heard Lennon comments but for me it’s Flo that needs to get up to speed.

He looked well off the pace. I was putting it down to just coming back from injury but then McLaren came on and he started playing.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Flo isn’t a lone striker

He needs support

That’s why we put the band back together

Diclonius
15-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Milligan
Kamberi Maclaren

Defence brings up problems because I don't think Efe or Porteous need dropped but barring injuries that's our best defence imo. Agyepong and Boyle is just personal preference.

That's the team. Hopefully Lennon realises too.

Ryan69
15-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Great together but thought the boy from Ghana made a brilliant ER debut . Looks a player and then some more.

He is a full international at a young age...on the books of Man City.

So he must be pretty descent. :)

WhileTheChief..
15-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Flo’s just back from surgery on his knee. It’s going to take time for him to be back to his best.

The pair of them them are doing just fine and will only get better.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Need time to adjust to playing together without the cheeky wee reverse passes from Scotty Allan and also playing with their new team mates. Flo was showing glimpses of his old self today but still a bit to go.

J-C
15-09-2018, 09:07 PM
We put out all the stops to get both back so we need to play them, they just work well together. Stevenson in a back 4 was a problem last year as Barker was dreadful at dropping back to help out and left him exposed. Boyle's usually good at helping out but Mallan, Horgan and Hyndman are poor in their defensive side.

Crunchie
15-09-2018, 09:30 PM

I agree, I thought they linked up really well at times and when both are up to speed we'll see a shed load of goals.

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 09:34 PM
He is a full international at a young age...on the books of Man City.

So he must be pretty descent. :)

Nah, I think he's on the way up.

Eyrie
15-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Name it....

Think he's thinking

Bogdan

Stevenson
Gray
Hanlon
McGregor

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Maclaren

Can't see us dropping the likes of Ambrose though

Milligan
Kamberi Maclaren

We're all on the same page, although Lennon may prefer Ambrose over McGregor.

Mr Grieves
15-09-2018, 11:29 PM

The only possibility to play all our must start players is to have a 4-4-2 -

Bogdan/Rocky
Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan
Kamberi Maclaren

Happy days

DetroitHibs
16-09-2018, 01:18 AM
This is why it's absolutely crucial our business should always be done as early as possible. We start the season behind the 8 ball all the time. Same last year. Get the players signed ASAP and a preseason under there belts.

Peevemor
16-09-2018, 06:40 AM
This is why it's absolutely crucial our business should always be done as early as possible. We start the season behind the 8 ball all the time. Same last year. Get the players signed ASAP and a preseason under there belts.

I bet the club wish they'd thought of that

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 06:56 AM

We did, didn’t we? The biggest complaints on here were that we didn’t have a last minute deadline day panic.

The Leith Dutch
16-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Complete agree that we need to be playing these two together and you have to assume that was the intent with re-signing them both.

It does make for a problem:

1) Defensively the clear preference is for 3 at the back with the intention of Hanlon pushing up into midfield when we're bossing games.
2) We've signed wingers.

I think as most seem to think that will involve moving to a back four.

The concern there is that we're not looking great defensively which means you're banking on either the midfield offering more protection or the attacking players forcing teams onto the back foot to mitigate having fewer defenders. This feels a little risky as I think since we went 3 at the back I've felt we look happier.

The fact we have wingers - Boyle and, based on yesterday, Agyepong worries me for holding the centre mid although to be fair Agyepong was surprisingly robust which was very nice to see.

Milligan also feels like he's going to be a first name down player (there was a moment when he seemed to realise a challenge was going to be a real 50/50 at pace and it felt like his eyes lit up).

Grranted it's early days for Milligan but we do need some grit in Centre midfield so to me that leaves the current must picks for the outfield as:

Boyle Milligan Mallan
Kamberi MacLaren

Mallan may be questionable for some but it's difficult to argue with the set piece work and particularly the goals.

It then feels as though we lack a bit of balance - we need more in the Centre for me or we risk being over run and exposing the now smaller defence.
I think we need a winger on the other side for balance too.

Any chance we can get dispensation to play twelve and go 4-5-2 ?

WhileTheChief..
16-09-2018, 07:31 AM
The only possibility to play all our must start players is to have a 4-4-2 -

Bogdan/Rocky
Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan
Kamberi Maclaren

Happy days

Milligan a must start player? Based on a wee subs appearance yesterday where he did nowt? Can’t see it somehow.

We’ve got about 3 or 4 must start players, 2 of which are our strikers.

The rest can be swapped around depending on the opposition and injuries etc but these two should, and will, start every game when available.

Souter96Mac
16-09-2018, 08:47 AM
I thought Flo didn't have the best of games before Macca came on. But they two came a live, both winning knock downs for one another.

ancient hibee
16-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Complete agree that we need to be playing these two together and you have to assume that was the intent with re-signing them both.

It does make for a problem:

1) Defensively the clear preference is for 3 at the back with the intention of Hanlon pushing up into midfield when we're bossing games.
2) We've signed wingers.

I think as most seem to think that will involve moving to a back four.

The concern there is that we're not looking great defensively which means you're banking on either the midfield offering more protection or the attacking players forcing teams onto the back foot to mitigate having fewer defenders. This feels a little risky as I think since we went 3 at the back I've felt we look happier.

The fact we have wingers - Boyle and, based on yesterday, Agyepong worries me for holding the centre mid although to be fair Agyepong was surprisingly robust which was very nice to see.

Milligan also feels like he's going to be a first name down player (there was a moment when he seemed to realise a challenge was going to be a real 50/50 at pace and it felt like his eyes lit up).

Grranted it's early days for Milligan but we do need some grit in Centre midfield so to me that leaves the current must picks for the outfield as:

Boyle Milligan Mallan
Kamberi MacLaren

Mallan may be questionable for some but it's difficult to argue with the set piece work and particularly the goals.

It then feels as though we lack a bit of balance - we need more in the Centre for me or we risk being over run and exposing the now smaller defence.
I think we need a winger on the other side for balance too.

Any chance we can get dispensation to play twelve and go 4-5-2 ?
Don’t think we’ll get away with 12 but I admire your confidence in only going with 9.

Forza Fred
16-09-2018, 10:08 AM
They are a bit like the dynamic shown by comedians Morecambe and Wise.

Competent on their own, but their respective abilities hugely enhanced when playing together.

16-09-2018, 07:58 PM
They are a bit like the dynamic shown by comedians Morecambe and Wise.

Competent on their own, but their respective abilities hugely enhanced when playing together.

They bring me sunshine on Leith.

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Both have had a shot on their own up front this season and have struggled.
When McLaren played on his own you could see why it didn't happen for him in Germany.

BUT as soon as they joined up together yesterday there was an immediate spark.
AND the midfielders suddenly had something to work with and we looked like last seasons post January side again.

Re Milligan, he was a shoe in every week as soon as we signed him unless he had gone over the hill. Composed, great passer, organiser and hard.

We will do well again this season (3rd-5th) and come next season I think the rebuild will have been competed and we could even surpass last seasons team.

Exciting