PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Started a new thread as the other one unfairly concentrates on one group.

What's up with the support? The atmosphere today is crap.

Have we really become so boring?

murray26
15-09-2018, 03:34 PM
When did we ever have a red hot atmosphere at home v Kilmarnock in another mid table clash..must have missed that era..

heretoday
15-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Hibs fans sit on their hands.

NOLA
15-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Hibs fans sit on their hands.

We wait to be entertained 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
15-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Last season we were sure of great things in the season, and our greatest foes were P**s!!!!
This season we have had to concentrated on Europe to start with and not started as well as hoped in the league?
Then the mob from over the city go on an unbeaten run, it does take the wind out our sails!!

15-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Singing section seemed missing today

RIP
15-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Between 2010 and 2013 we had a poorer team and the loudest singing section in the SPL. That was before the breakaway. Section 43 is rebuilding though so 2 sections can still work.

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Yup atmosphere was brutal today for most of match...dreadful decision to move to Famous 5 - not that they sang much up there today neither

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
15-09-2018, 04:18 PM
I've attended Hibs games home and away im 3 decades and I struggle to remember games against Kilmarnock generating much more atmosphere than today. A couple of SC ties at Rugby Park being the exception.

We have a weekly thread or 5 at the momeny about atmosphere. If it's a huge concern then the solution seems obvious to me.

bingo70
15-09-2018, 04:19 PM
I think the atmosphere was pretty decent today?

It’s a home game against Kilmarnock, not really sure what people are expecting?!

alihibs1
15-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Seemed to be no drum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 04:33 PM
When did we ever have a red hot atmosphere at home v Kilmarnock in another mid table clash..must have missed that era..

Nope, not exactly red hot, but it was especially flat today .

Im sure the atmosphere was better years ago with much smaller crowds

Leitherhibs
15-09-2018, 04:46 PM
No drum in the FF, makes such a difference.

Onion
15-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Think there's a realisation that the team set up is not quite right. Much better balance once the 3 subs came on today, bit of bit in midfield, decent wing play and K & M up front. Once the team has settled down, we'll be fine.

The Harp
15-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Watched today's game from the Hibs Kids area in the South with my grandson.

Must say the Hibs support seemed very subdued today. Suppose we're allowed an off-day now and again. Hopefully, be back on song next week.

Fair play to the Killie fans they got right behind their team, even at 0-2 - horrendous songs though. Haven't sat so close to away fans at ER for a long time. With a few exceptions they seemed ok.

madhatter
15-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Started a new thread as the other one unfairly concentrates on one group.

What's up with the support? The atmosphere today is crap.

Have we really become so boring?

Think most fans fell asleep. Don't expect a good atmosphere when our most common pass was Porteous to Ambrose, Ambrose to Porteous. Atmosphere is built by constructive build up, pace and strong tackling. We were missing all of that for most of the match.

hibee
15-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Certainly does, could hear ourselves speak today!

The_Horde
15-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Think there was/is a wedding this weekend that they'd all be at so they're probably all at that or have been and are either no there today or are there but chosen to leave the drum at home due to the sore heeds?

flash
15-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Think most fans fell asleep. Don't expect a good atmosphere when our most common pass was Porteous to Ambrose, Ambrose to Porteous. Atmosphere is built by constructive build up, pace and strong tackling. We were missing all of that for most of the match.
I bet the penalty has ruined your weekend.

madhatter
15-09-2018, 05:41 PM
I bet the penalty has ruined your weekend.

Eh?

we are hibs
15-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Yup atmosphere was brutal today for most of match...dreadful decision to move to Famous 5 - not that they sang much up there today neither

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did you sing much today Like?

RoYO!
15-09-2018, 06:15 PM

BBC correspondents totally disagreed with that, as do I. Really enjoyed the game. Killie came to play as well. Good spectacle with lots of good stuff.

JimBHibees
15-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Hibs were good today no idea what you were watching.

Smartie
15-09-2018, 06:22 PM
BBC correspondents totally disagreed with that, as do I. Really enjoyed the game. Killie came to play as well. Good spectacle with lots of good stuff.

Yep, that's what I thought.

I've seen more than enough dross in my time watching Hibs.

We played well against a good side who gave a lot to the game.

Many of us have longed for days like today whilst watching us lose to Alloa, Stirling Albion, Stranraer and Dumbarton.

madhatter
15-09-2018, 06:29 PM

We were good? No idea what you were watching. There was a time when I thought we were settling for a draw. No movement at throw-ins. Very little movement in midfield in the 2nd half until subs were made. We are still very shaky at the back. The balance of the team doesn't look great still. We were decent enough for a win but I don't think that was a good Hibs performance. Worried what an average performance would be if that was good, never mind a poor performance.

superfurryhibby
15-09-2018, 06:32 PM

It was a decent match and as you say, Killie did their bit. They did sit in after they equalised, when they might have been better suited to seeking the third. It was a contest and there was some quality to the match.

madhatter
15-09-2018, 06:34 PM

I enjoyed the good parts of the game but there were large spells when it was 2-2 where we lacked movement and regularly passed is slowly from side to side at the back. Nothing wrong with that at times but at 2-2 I expect more drive.

As I originally said, people want to see players putting in good strong tackles, making runs and driving at players. There were times in the 2nd half where we lacked all of that. Milligan and Agyepong will help with this. Strong tackler and a player that runs at opposition and who also can put a foot in. A win is a win but I'm not overly surprised at a subdued atmosphere today.

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 06:37 PM
I thought it was good today - plenty noise and encouragement when attacking and willing the team in - atmosphere is more than singing songs.
I did wonder what has happened with the 1875 group as their banner was missing as were the drum and flags. Had hoped it wasn’t some kind of fall out with the club but the question seems to have been answered a few posts back.

RoscoHibby
15-09-2018, 06:41 PM
It did seem a bit flat today I have to agree...

Prof. Shaggy
15-09-2018, 06:42 PM
I enjoyed the game.
If I want atmosphere I listen to Debussy.
:greengrin

cleanyman
15-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Pish atmosphere but to be expected.

St Pauli Hibee
15-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Tinhat on, I personally don't think the current singing section is all that. I'm all for a way to get the atmosphere better but believe there are a few things that need to be done for that to happen:

1. We need more than 1 drummer & for Since 1875 to have a more public profile so as people can join their ranks.
2. Needs to be in famous 5 lower right behind the goals for that added intimidating factor for opposing players.
3. Needs to encourage the team for full 90 minutes, not just when we are on top or in a big game. The atmosphere is dead a lot of the time, which is a real shame considering our growing season ticket sales and general attendances.

Do I think any of these suggestions will come to fruition, probably not, but we want to make Easter Road an intimidating venue and having a great atmosphere can only help.

Jack Hackett
15-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Think there was/is a wedding this weekend that they'd all be at so they're probably all at that or have been and are either no there today or are there but chosen to leave the drum at home due to the sore heeds?

You've just given me one trying to unravel that :greengrin

Hiber-nation
15-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Folk are saying when was there ever an atmosphere for a Killie game. That shouldn't be the point but with 17,000 plus apparently in the ground there should be a far better atmosphere, particularly at the start of the game.

lord bunberry
15-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Tinhat on, I personally don't think the current singing section is all that. I'm all for a way to get the atmosphere better but believe there are a few things that need to be done for that to happen:

1. We need more than 1 drummer & for Since 1875 to have a more public profile so as people can join their ranks.
2. Needs to be in famous 5 lower right behind the goals for that added intimidating factor for opposing players.
3. Needs to encourage the team for full 90 minutes, not just when we are on top or in a big game. The atmosphere is dead a lot of the time, which is a real shame considering our growing season ticket sales and general attendances.

Do I think any of these suggestions will come to fruition, probably not, but we want to make Easter Road an intimidating venue and having a great atmosphere can only help.
Aye and the baby shark song :greengrin

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Folk are saying when was there ever an atmosphere for a Killie game. That shouldn't be the point but with 17,000 plus apparently in the ground there should be a far better atmosphere, particularly at the start of the game.

:agree:

I was actually thinking that at the time. We have fantastic attendances yet it can still be really quiet. The only time it really picked up was after we scored the third.

The section I currently have my Season Ticket in (Section 2) must have the biggest group of boring bassas in the stadium. I try to join in the singing but almost nobody else does.

lord bunberry
15-09-2018, 07:44 PM
There was no where near that many in the stadium. The East was half empty so was the Famous Five. I was in the West so I don’t know how that looked. It’s unbelievable how many season ticket holders aren’t turning up this season.

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 07:48 PM
There was no where near that many in the stadium. The East was half empty so was the Famous Five. I was in the West so I don’t know how that looked. It’s unbelievable how many season ticket holders aren’t turning up this season.

There was probably less than 14k actually attended the game today. the East and FF had thousands of empty seats between them, so I presume the West was similar.

Still, I'd rather have that than be watching the games in front of 8-9,000.

Hiber-nation
15-09-2018, 07:51 PM

That's why I said apparently :greengrin

I don't get it either. It's very strange.

Lancs Harp
15-09-2018, 07:59 PM
From experience the East (where I had my season ticket) and the FF upper where I normally go these days I'd say the West is the fullest of the three stands and suffers less than the East and FF (in particular with the lower FF) from non attendees.

skyhibs
15-09-2018, 08:02 PM

What game were you at. We were **** in the first half and the killie fans would have been absolutely gutted at 2-0 down as I thoughthey were the better team in the first half... win ugly was what we did today

murray26
15-09-2018, 08:06 PM
What game were you at. We were **** in the first half and the killie fans would have been absolutely gutted at 2-0 down as I thoughthey were the better team in the first half... win ugly was what we did today

That’s a very good trait to have..

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2018, 09:18 PM

While this should all be taken on board, it looks like from the comments on here that the section weren’t at full numbers today and possibly a bit worse for wear, which might explain the drum’s absence. Was missed though.

Crunchie
15-09-2018, 09:24 PM

I said as much to my brother today, we're pretty close to them in the East but we barely heard them all game, very unusual I have to say.

Bishop Hibee
15-09-2018, 09:30 PM
No drum no party.

marinello59
15-09-2018, 09:33 PM
No drum no party.

A few flares would have helped. :devil:

vuefrom1875
15-09-2018, 09:36 PM

In the wrong place mate.....Get them to the East terracing 😏

RIP
15-09-2018, 10:12 PM
In the wrong place mate.....Get them to the East terracing 😏

Section 43 rammed with season ticket holders mate. Since1875 were put high in the FF by the club and they’ve stated that there’s no prospect of them ending up in the Famous Five Lower.

People need to accept the reality of the situation

Lancs Harp
15-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Section 43 rammed with season ticket holders mate. Since1875 were put high in the FF by the club and they’ve stated that there’s no prospect of them ending up in the Famous Five Lower

cynical head on ...... the club prefers empty seats.

Ringothedog
15-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Pish atmosphere but to be expected.

Why?

Hannah_hfc
15-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Atmosphere was definitely poor first half but picked up a little more second half. Tbh before reading this thread I thought the singing section/ drummer had been away for the day.

JimBHibees
15-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Certainly weren't. Good game between 2 good teams. We were a little lacking defensively and Jamie made a huge difference up front. As Lenny said we are a work in progress and will only get better when players get up to speed.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-09-2018, 01:09 AM
It certainly was flat today. As a West Stand old fart I certainly don't want to have a go at the Singing section as they do normally make a superb atmosphere about the stadium which I really do appreciate, but I did notice it wasn't there today.

hibee_girl
16-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Atmosphere was definitely poor first half but picked up a little more second half. Tbh before reading this thread I thought the singing section/ drummer had been away for the day.

I saw on one of the Hibs Facebook groups that the drummer was at a wedding yesterday :dunno:

Keith_M
16-09-2018, 09:02 AM
The atmosphere shouldn't be all down to one small group in the FF Upper.

FWIW, I thought the guys at the back of Section 43, and sometimes the rest of the East, were giving it a good go occasionally but they were very short in numbers.

Saturday Boy
16-09-2018, 09:02 AM
I saw on one of the Hibs Facebook groups that the drummer was at a wedding yesterday :dunno:

You’d have thought that they could have hired a disco like everyone else 😄

Chuck Rhoades
16-09-2018, 09:03 AM
I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence! 😂😂

duffers
16-09-2018, 09:03 AM
The majority of the group were at a wedding...

Keith_M
16-09-2018, 09:04 AM
I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence! 😂😂

Selfish or what!!!!

:na na:

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 09:04 AM
I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence! [emoji23][emoji23]

Might be a quickie divorce when she finds you on here the day after your wedding ! [emoji2][emoji2]

madhibby
16-09-2018, 09:08 AM
We were in our usual seats in the East - Section 42 and thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Chats started in the East like Green White Army and seemed to spread to other parts of the ground. Fans seemed to get behind the team at the right times during the game.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 09:10 AM

Congratulations!

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I didn't think the atmosphere was all that bad, though the 'singing section' were conspicuous by their absence …. I actually thought the crowd were pretty engaged in the game even though there wasn't a lot of singing until the second half. Until the singing section gets the FF lower the stadium will never realise its potential for atmosphere during the bog standard games …. for the bigger matches its always good IMO, sometimes brilliant.

On the game itself, I thought any neutral watching it would have come away having been thoroughly entertained, 4 excellent goals and two teams with an attacking attitude and at times both playing decent football …. I enjoyed it very much, even if I did have my hands over my eyes for the last few minutes :greengrin

Jim44
16-09-2018, 10:08 AM
https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4 :greengrin

weecounty hibby
16-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Married.........on a Saturday............during the football season..........on a day when Hibs are at home.........
That's a scandal! Congrats but don't let her stop you going to a game again😀

Chuck Rhoades
16-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Married.........on a Saturday............during the football season..........on a day when Hibs are at home.........
That's a scandal! Congrats but don't let her stop you going to a game again😀

It was the Friday, alcohol was the root cause of the Saturday no show😂