PDA

View Full Version : Killie Support Today

Keith_M
15-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Does anybody know how many tickets they've sold for today's game?

Must be a lot more than usual, cos they're in the South Lower AND Upper.

tamig
15-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Does anybody know how many tickets they've sold for today's game?

Must be a lot more than usual, cos they're in the South Lower AND Upper.

The biggest support they’ve had here for a long time.

SirDavidsNapper
15-09-2018, 03:31 PM
863 Killie fans

SChibs
15-09-2018, 04:05 PM
The biggest support they’ve had here for a long time.

I thought they had more in the 5-3 game last season, they were flying at the time and I think the filled the top and bottom sections they had today

yonder1875
15-09-2018, 04:06 PM
When they do their rendition of Hullo Hullo, do they sing the some words as rangers but just change to Killie boys or do they sing something different?

15-09-2018, 04:07 PM
That SFA song was boring after 5 minutes tbh.

AgentDaleCooper
15-09-2018, 04:24 PM
When they do their rendition of Hullo Hullo, do they sing the some words as rangers but just change to Killie boys or do they sing something different?

I have a killie supporring pal who says that it's 'up to our knees in ay-yr blood'...not convinced...

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Probably was 1,690 of them judging by their hun songbook.

Edit: They change the lyrics but any self-respecting support in Scotland wouldn’t go near any of those tunes.

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 04:46 PM

No. Just like many teams down south. The song is not a bigoted song. It’s a football chant that the Sevco fans have ruined. Even we used to sing it up until the mid 80’s.

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Probably was 1,690 of them judging by their hun songbook.

Edit: They change the lyrics but any self-respecting support in Scotland wouldn’t go near any of those tunes.

The same accusation could be levelled us for singing Hail Hail then?

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 04:47 PM
I have a killie supporring pal who says that it's 'up to our knees in ay-yr blood'...not convinced...

It 100% is Ayr blood.

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2018, 04:50 PM
The same accusation could be levelled is for singing Hail Hail then?

Accusation of us copying Belfast Celtic, sure. Not that pale imitation from the West though. And where in Hail Hail are we up to our knees in anyone’s blood?

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Accusation of us copying Belfast Celtic, sure. Not that pale imitation from the East though. And where in Hail Hail are we up to our knees in anyone’s blood?

You know what I mean.

weecounty hibby
15-09-2018, 05:33 PM
No. Just like many teams down south. The song is not a bigoted song. It’s a football chant that the Sevco fans have ruined. Even we used to sing it up until the mid 80’s.

Others may remember differently but I've been watching Hibs for 45 years and can honestly say I have never heard us singing anything even remotely like Hullo Hullo.

superfurryhibby
15-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Others may remember differently but I've been watching Hibs for 45 years and can honestly say I have never heard us singing anything even remotely like Hullo Hullo.

Sometimes we would sing “ha, ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha, ha , ha ha, to that tune. Huns never liked it.

tamig
15-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Sometimes we would sing “ha, ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha, ha , ha ha, to that tune. Huns never liked it.

Thats the only times I can remember.

tamig
15-09-2018, 05:54 PM

The song is totally a bigoted song. It was originally associated with the Brigton Billy Boys - a protestant razor gang from Brigton Cross.

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 06:18 PM

I started going in 81. First ST in 86 and we 100% used to sing ‘Hello Hello We are the Hibees Boys’. Probably died off mid to late 80’s? I was too young to drink so can’t blame the bevvy clouding my memory.

I also used to go to the odd Arsenal game in the 90’s and their version was a staple in their repertoire. Loads of clubs sing or sang it with zero sectarian connotations, just like Kille do.

Frazerbob
15-09-2018, 06:19 PM
The song is totally a bigoted song. It was originally associated with the Brigton Billy Boys - a protestant razor gang from Brigton Cross.

I’m going to guess their lyrics were different from Killie’s. It’s the lyrics that make the Sevco version bigoted.

tamig
15-09-2018, 06:28 PM
I’m going to guess their lyrics were different from Killie’s. It’s the lyrics that make the Sevco version bigoted.

They were more or less the same lyrics as the hun version. The Killie version is a non-bigoted version but did you not say the song was not bigoted? I took that to mean the original song and its roots - not the Killie fans version.

JeMeSouviens
15-09-2018, 06:32 PM
The tune is “Marching through Georgia”, originally from the US civil war, but in a Scottish context it’s 100% bigoted supremacist Hun *****.

Paisley Hibby
15-09-2018, 06:37 PM
The same accusation could be levelled is for singing Hail Hail then?

Exactly. Hate to say it but we'd never sing a song associated with Rangers (except as a piss take) but are happy to sing songs associated with Celtic (I can think of 2). Why is that?

Hibeesforever
15-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Killie fans were terrible when leaving in front of the Hibs Kids. Language dreadful and very threatening. No stewards or police which was concerning as they were only a few rows away. South for the Hibs kids not a bright idea.

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 06:43 PM
They always have a decent sized travelling support, but pretty poor home crowds. Quite a big number of their home attendees must be regular travellers.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Huns without bus fare.... despite getting to Edinburgh today... 😉

I wouldn’t be happy if hibs adopted a hun tune and tried to “make it our own”

Fair play to them, they made a lot of noise today but it was very jambo-esq

We really are their boogie team - it’s nice to be on the other side of that for a change

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 06:48 PM
They were throwing a blown up rubber johnny about in the lower tier. Strange bunch

cleanyman
15-09-2018, 06:51 PM
The balloon condom was probably the highlight of my day before we scored the third.

Thought Killie had a great support today.

Well done to them.

WoreTheGreen
15-09-2018, 06:52 PM
They were throwing a blown up rubber johnny about in the lower tier. Strange bunch

Was Marv and bullet there

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Was Marv and bullet there

Did he no get the pokey after getting caught with Heroin?

I thought the dug got taken off him after it escaped and got run over? Wonder if he's still with that bird Dayna?

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 06:58 PM

A kid was playing with one in the concourse of the South at HT before it dawned on his Dad that it was no balloon and was quickly deposited in bin :hilarious

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 06:59 PM
A kid was playing with one in the concourse of the South at HT before it dawned on his Dad that it was no balloon and was quickly deposited in bin :hilarious

Haha, brilliant. :greengrin

judas
15-09-2018, 07:07 PM
We are Killie Super Killie. Definitely an affinity with Rangers there.

cleanyman
15-09-2018, 07:10 PM
We are Killie Super Killie. Definitely an affinity with Rangers there.

Yet we sing hail hail

Great

Ringothedog
15-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Yet we sing hail hail

Great

Which was our song long before the team from the west

hibbytam
15-09-2018, 07:14 PM
It 100% is Ayr blood.

Well. That's ok then................

.Sean.
15-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Astonishing the amount of folk that boo as soon as Killie sing it purely as they assume they are singing Fenian blood. Killie 100% sing Ayr blood. It’s also a tune used by many teams down south. I don’t particularly like Killie as a club but fair play to all that travel as opposed to the glory hunting Old Firm supporters in their town.

bingo70
15-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Don’t really care if they sing a song associated with Rangers.

Imo it was great to see over 17,000 fans there today with such a healthy away support.

Scottish football is absolutely thriving just now, it’s brilliant.

hibbytam
15-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Astonishing the amount of folk that boo as soon as Killie sing it purely as they assume they are singing Fenian blood. Killie 100% sing Ayr blood. It’s also a tune used by many teams down south. I don’t particularly like Killie as a club but fair play to all that travel as opposed to the glory hunting Old Firm supporters in their town.

Again, why is it ok to sing about being up to their knees in anyone's blood? Ayr or Fenian, it's an oddly grotesque thing to be signing about at a football game.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Diet Huns

marinello59
15-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Again, why is it ok to sing about being up to their knees in anyone's blood? Ayr or Fenian, it's an oddly grotesque thing to be signing about at a football game.

Good point. . Let’s stuck to family friendly stuff like ‘we will fight wherever we may be.’ :greengrin

Lancs Harp
15-09-2018, 09:07 PM

Tyrpically down south where it was sung by many fans (well certainly a decade or two ago but less now) the words are (using Blackpool as an example)

Hello hello we are the Blackpool (insert your own club)boys
Hello hello we are the Blackpool boys and if you are a preston fan (insert your rivals)
surrender or you'll die
We all follow the Blackpool

Cant speak for Killie but certainly down south nothing mentioned about fenian blood or similar just a football chant aimed at your rivals. Infact if the words fenian blood were included down south no one would have a clue what you were on about.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-09-2018, 09:10 PM
I started going in 81. First ST in 86 and we 100% used to sing ‘Hello Hello We are the Hibees Boys’. Probably died off mid to late 80’s? I was too young to drink so can’t blame the bevvy clouding my memory.

I also used to go to the odd Arsenal game in the 90’s and their version was a staple in their repertoire. Loads of clubs sing or sang it with zero sectarian connotations, just like Kille do.

Hello, Hello used to be sung by Hibs fans :agree:
Up to very early 90s, certainly in the dark days of the Miller regime.

CathroMustStay
15-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Killie fans are huns without the bus fare.

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Hello, Hello used to be sung by Hibs fans :agree:
Up to very early 90s, certainly in the dark days of the Miller regime.

Not doubting you but just curious, what were the lyrics to the Hibs version? Jambo blood?

Weir07
15-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Fair play to them for coming out and supporting their team, one of their longer away days, so took a reasonable effort to get to Easter Road, no idea why anyone would call them diet huns to be honest, seems like they got right behind their team, sure it would have been easier to go to Ibrox today if that was their thing.

oneone73
15-09-2018, 09:14 PM

Nonsense.

marinello59
15-09-2018, 09:20 PM

Rubbish. Fans who support their local club despite many around them following the Old Firm.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Diet Huns

:rolleyes: Nah, they're not.

:rolleyes: but they've got the bus/train fare to get to Edinburgh which is a far greater distance...

Nonsense.

Correct.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Not doubting you but just curious, what were the lyrics to the Hibs version? Jambo blood?

I think so :agree:
Was never a song I wanted anything to do with, but it was sung.

Is It On....
15-09-2018, 09:40 PM

I started going in 1984 and unfortunately I remember us singing that as well before it morphed into "ha ha ha ha ha...."

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Eh? Never sung Hello Hello at Easter Road in my puff !

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 09:54 PM

I certainly don't remember singing it.

brianmc
15-09-2018, 10:20 PM
I've had a season ticket in East every year since 88/89 and I can't ever remember hearing us singing hello hello!!

DH1875
15-09-2018, 10:23 PM

That'll be the same Killie fans who can afford to travel to ER :rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
15-09-2018, 10:31 PM
***** fans with ***** songs

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 10:49 PM
***** fans with ***** songs

That was a good support for a team from a town the size of Kilmarnock that has to compete with the OF for fans.

15-09-2018, 10:52 PM
We are Killie super Killie no one would like us if they cared.

BS44
15-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Orange blood rather than Jambo blood. Not that it really matters but i remember it getting sang in the 80's rather than the 90's

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Good point. . Let’s stuck to family friendly stuff like ‘we will fight wherever we may be.’ :greengrin

Or, we'll never be mastered, by who? By no Orange bar stewards, we'll keep the Green flag flying high.

Then theres the horrific "Edinburgh" song

The Mercer song

Jamie Walkers sisters pants song, which has always baffled me.

Then throw in the Stokes Da song too...

Only to be sung at non Hibs kids days to avoid causing any offence. :greengrin

DH1875
15-09-2018, 11:09 PM
That was a good support for a team from a town the size of Kilmarnock that has to compete with the OF for fans.

Why do Killie fans get added to fans of other teams when it comes down to competing against the oldfirm? Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Queens Park, Hamilton, Dumbarton, Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers are all around about the same distance if not closer :confused:.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Why do Killie fans get added to fans of other teams when it comes down to competing against the oldfirm? Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Queens Park, Hamilton, Dumbarton, Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers are all around about the same distance if not closer :confused:.

Because there are several supporters clubs/buses that leave from Kilmarnock and around Ayrshire to go and and watch Celtic and Rangers every week!

DH1875
15-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Because there are several supporters clubs/buses that leave from Kilmarnock and around Ayrshire to go and and watch Celtic and Rangers every week!

And do buses not leave Edinburgh, Stirling, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Cumbernauld, Ayr, Coatbridge, Airdrie etc....every week?

The Harp Awakes
15-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Orange blood rather than Jambo blood. Not that it really matters but i remember it getting sang in the 80's rather than the 90's

100% correct. It was the same era Hibs fans used to sing Roamin in the gloamin......Soldiers etc etc.....

Our Charman at that time, Tom Hart, publicly critised the songs sung by our supporters.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:22 PM
And do buses not leave Edinburgh, Stirling, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Cumbernauld, Ayr, Coatbridge, Airdrie etc....every week?

Yes, however Hibs and Hearts don't struggle for fans, the rest do however.

DH1875
15-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Yes, however Hibs and Hearts don't struggle for fans, the rest do however.

Which is my point. Why should Killie fans get credit for following Killie rather than the oldfirm :confused:

hibbydog
16-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Which is my point. Why should Killie fans get credit for following Killie rather than the oldfirm :confused:

I’ll happily give anyone in Scotland credit for supporting their local team rather than the old firm. Most Scottish cities and large towns have Celtic/ Sevco supporters clubs which make it easy for the faint hearted glory hunter to go and watch a winning team every week.

So fair play to them.

One Day
16-09-2018, 09:29 AM
100% correct. It was the same era Hibs fans used to sing Roamin in the gloamin......Soldiers etc etc.....

Our Charman at that time, Tom Hart, publicly critised the songs sung by our supporters.

Ah the good old days. :wink:

Ringothedog
16-09-2018, 10:01 AM

I have never heard Hibs fans singing it and I have been going since the late 60’s

16-09-2018, 11:58 AM

Probably not, hun sympathisers that they are

hfc rd
16-09-2018, 12:09 PM
I’ll happily give anyone in Scotland credit for supporting their local team rather than the old firm. Most Scottish cities and large towns have Celtic/ Sevco supporters clubs which make it easy for the faint hearted glory hunter to go and watch a winning team every week.

So fair play to them.

Precisely.

It’s loyal supporters like them that have kept their club alive as without them, they would be severely struggling financially and potentially out of business. Something Scottish football could do without.

Ayrshire is just full of Huns. Would be so easy for them to be Rangers supporters considering the number of Huns around the area. But fair play to them to staying loyal to their local clubs

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Ibrox is barely a 20 minute drive from Kilmarnock - understandable why a large number take the glory hunting option down that neck of the woods, albeit not enjoyed much in the way of glory in recent years.

Johnny Clash
16-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I’ve been going since the early 70s and only e ver remember us singing the ‘ha ha ‘ version to show how ridiculous sectarian versions of. songs are. Some of our songbook was adopted by Celtc - so that’s an association I suppose but what can you do? We were around 13 years before them and almost all their initial support originally followed the hibees.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:36 PM
I’ve been going since the early 70s and only e ver remember us singing the ‘ha ha ‘ version to show how ridiculous sectarian versions of. songs are. Some of our songbook was adopted by Celtc - so that’s an association I suppose but what can you do? We were around 13 years before them and almost all their initial support originally followed the hibees.

We definitely sang the "hello, hello" version at one point, and we sang "Tool Never Walk Alone" for a wee bit as well.

ACLeith
16-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Really? How many do you know? I used to think I had strong views about RFC/TRFC until I got chatting to Killie fans I know and found that I was quite moderate compared to them!

My_Wife_Camille
16-09-2018, 01:02 PM
I love these threads. You always see the same comments about how the songs were heard in the terracing back then but nobody ever seems to own up to singing them themselves :cb

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 01:15 PM

That was clever and humourous. Wish ours and others efforts were as good.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:20 PM
I love these threads. You always see the same comments about how the songs were heard in the terracing back then but nobody ever seems to own up to singing them themselves :cb

I sang the "hello, hello" one (Jambo blood, iirc). It was in the Miller era, I'm sure.

My_Wife_Camille
16-09-2018, 01:22 PM
I sang the "hello, hello" one (Jambo blood, iirc). It was in the Miller era, I'm sure.
Deary me, not Hibs class!

On a more serious note, what was with singing pro IRA/rebel songs and anti monarchy songs while having a crown on our badge 🤣

LancashireHibby
16-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Go to the pubs of Kilmarnock when both Killie and The Rangers are at home and they’re packed with fans of the latter. Ayrshire seems to just have that extra level of Hun-bias so it’s quite right that fans of Killie get our respect - in a non-condescending way - along with pretty much every other west coast club, with special mention for the young team at Motherwell.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Deary me, not Hibs class!

On a more serious note, what was with singing pro IRA/rebel songs and anti monarchy songs while having a crown on our badge 🤣

I can't remember singing any rebel or pro-IRA stuff, even back as a daft youngster - would have been early teens- I knew the rights and wrongs of sectarianism/racism etc

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 01:39 PM
The tune is “Marching through Georgia” by composer Henry Clay Work

A catchy little ditty, i think you'll agree and It was clever of the Kilmarnock fan who changed the bigoted lyric version of The Rangers fans from Billy to Kili.
However, the baw bag who changed fenian blood to Ayr blood is at the other end of the intellectual spectrum.

As for ignorant Hibs fans who got themselves agitated when the Kilmarnock fans sang it, you need to be less trigger happy and get to know your history.
Strangely many of them are the same Hibs fans who get angry quickly when we don't roll over the opposing team or they dare to put up a resistance.

weecounty hibby
16-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Honestly, I don't remember that at all and throughout the Miller era I probably only missed a handful of games per season home or away. Maybe as it coincided with me becoming drinking age I have drink induced memory loss

Feed McGraw
16-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Been going since the early sixties and always loved a sing song and the only song I remember us singing to that particular tune went like this : A one, a two, a three a four a five, a one, a two, a three a four a five, we`ll **** the Glasgow Rangers just as sure as we`re alive, a one, two, three, a four a five.

Hiber-nation
16-09-2018, 03:47 PM

Certainly remember it in the 70s but the singers were usually shouted down by older guys. Orange blood in these days...

The_Horde
16-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Killie fans were terrible when leaving in front of the Hibs Kids. Language dreadful and very threatening. No stewards or police which was concerning as they were only a few rows away. South for the Hibs kids not a bright idea.

Sorry. Kids will hear worse at school and even if they don't it's always been part and parcel of going to the football so if you're not willing to expose your kids to that then maybe you should try hospitality.

NASAHIBS
16-09-2018, 04:20 PM
I've lived and worked in Ayrshire over 30 years now, and am good mates with some Killie fans. I travelled through to ER yesterday on one of their buses(not for the first time) and they are brilliant with me, they know im a ST holder and offer me a seat through. Im usually having to drive through every home game, so its great to have the chance to get a few beers before the game for once.
The ones I know through here, definitely aren't huns without the bus fare, they hate both the ugly sisters(along with Ayr obviously!).

16-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Biggest Killie support I can remember at ER tbh.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2018, 05:01 PM
There was a Killy fan in the West Upper near me at the FF end yesterday. Some wifey who went mental when they equalised! She kept saying sorry to those around here then started waving to the Kilmarnock fans in the away end! Strange behaviour.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Biggest Killie support I can remember at ER tbh.

Sure they brought more last season in the 5-3 match.

Keith_M
16-09-2018, 05:03 PM
"Hello, Hello, we are the Hi-bees boys,
Hello, Hello, you'll know us by our noise,
We're up to our knees in Jam-Tart blood,
Surrender or you'll die,
'Cos we are the mental Hibees Boys"

Sung by the young Hibbies, including myself, that used to congregate half way up the old main terrace, about level with the half-way line in the early 80s.

I also occasionally heard some Fans sing the 'orange blood' version, though that seemed to die out by the mid 80s.

We were stupid kids.

One Day
16-09-2018, 08:47 PM
I've lived and worked in Ayrshire over 30 years now, and am good mates with some Killie fans. I travelled through to ER yesterday on one of their buses(not for the first time) and they are brilliant with me, they know im a ST holder and offer me a seat through. Im usually having to drive through every home game, so its great to have the chance to get a few beers before the game for once.
The ones I know through here, definitely aren't huns without the bus fare, they hate both the ugly sisters(along with Ayr obviously!).

Good to hear

CMurdoch
16-09-2018, 08:57 PM
There was a Killy fan in the West Upper near me at the FF end yesterday. Some wifey who went mental when they equalised! She kept saying sorry to those around here then started waving to the Kilmarnock fans in the away end! Strange behaviour.

That is yer typical wifey at the fitba.
It is funny but not advisable.

BullsCloseHibs
16-09-2018, 09:14 PM

Nor am I!

NASAHIBS
16-09-2018, 09:17 PM

:greengrin Yip, she was on the bus I was on(see post 86), and heard about it on the way back. Nice enough lassie though, and marrying a good Hibby in a few weeks time!

Hermit Crab
17-09-2018, 07:01 AM
:greengrin Yip, she was on the bus I was on(see post 86), and heard about it on the way back. Nice enough lassie though, and marrying a good Hibby in a few weeks time!

Why was she in the wrong area of the ground?

Hermit Crab
17-09-2018, 07:02 AM

Can't help thinking if that was a bloke he'd have been given abuse and probably launched out.

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 07:34 AM
About six o them turned up at the Windsor with blue tartan scarves oan that were neither Killie or The Rangers tartan. Me and ma laddie were standing at the bar wi our HIBS toaps oan the only other occupants of the bar. ”Do you have segregation in here big man?” came the opening gambit.” Naw yell be fine here as long as your no The Rangers fans” “ Naw nae The Rangers fans here!”they laughed. Had a good crack wi them talking about the SFA, Lenny, Stevie Clarke I even said I remembered when Killie won the League goal average goal difference nowadays Hearts would have won it.We sat watching Spurs Liverpool with them they then asked for directions to the stadium and we went our separate ways. 3.00 pm the laddie and me are late getting in eventually we find our seats West South Lower I look across at the Away end to spot our six new Killie mates belting oot the Billy Boys and giving us all the Vickys.It reminded me of the stoning scene in the Life Of Brian when all the men dress up as women “Naw nae Huns Here!” :greengrin

Kato
17-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Yet we sing hail hail

Great

If you knew your history you'd know that was our song which Celtc nicked. They'll tell you they "borrowed" it from Belfast Celtic but that's a smother, bit embarrassing for them taking so much from one club.

Still, how come its seen as an equivalent to the Billy Boys? Is there something bigoted in it?

Betty Boop
17-09-2018, 08:21 AM

Typical wifey at the fitba ? It's 2018 no the dark ages.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2018, 08:45 AM
I hate when folk call other teams fans huns or tims without bus fares.

Firstly because I hate when people think we have some brotherly love in with Celtic. Secondly because it's unfair on people who have supported their local team and not taken the easy option of glory hunting. Finally it just plays into the Rangers and Celtic fans narrative that everyone in Scotland secretly supports one of them.

Albanian Hibs
17-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Please explain your "typical wifey" comment to all us wifeys on here please...

Frazerbob
17-09-2018, 01:10 PM
About six o them turned up at the Windsor with blue tartan scarves oan that were neither Killie or The Rangers tartan. Me and ma laddie were standing at the bar wi our HIBS toaps oan the only other occupants of the bar. ”Do you have segregation in here big man?” came the opening gambit.” Naw yell be fine here as long as your no The Rangers fans” “ Naw nae The Rangers fans here!”they laughed. Had a good crack wi them talking about the SFA, Lenny, Stevie Clarke I even said I remembered when Killie won the League goal average goal difference nowadays Hearts would have won it.We sat watching Spurs Liverpool with them they then asked for directions to the stadium and we went our separate ways. 3.00 pm the laddie and me are late getting in eventually we find our seats West South Lower I look across at the Away end to spot our six new Killie mates belting oot the Billy Boys and giving us all the Vickys.It reminded me of the stoning scene in the Life Of Brian when all the men dress up as women “Naw nae Huns Here!” :greengrin

They would’ve been belting out ‘Killie boys’.

WoreTheGreen
17-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Mate of mine took his ‘wifey’to hampden for the final against the Pars.At half time they were finished with the pies and Bovril etc and dropped the litter on the terracing as you do.The guy says to his ‘wifey’ “you canny leave all that mess and told her go back to the stall and ask them for a brush and shuvel which see did. Obviously returned empty handed and red faced

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:32 PM

He wanted to say 'snowflake', but thought that might offend.

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2018, 01:34 PM
I hate when folk call other teams fans huns or tims without bus fares.

Firstly because I hate when people think we have some brotherly love in with Celtic. Secondly because it's unfair on people who have supported their local team and not taken the easy option of glory hunting. Finally it just plays into the Rangers and Celtic fans narrative that everyone in Scotland secretly supports one of them.

Agree with this 100%. So many people in Scotland detest both of the Old Firm and their poisoning of the Scottish game with sectarianism for their own financial ends.

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 01:48 PM
There was a large group of quite aggressive Killie Fans at the end of the game, down the front of the South Stand, absolutely screaming at those of us in the West Lower as we were leaving the ground.

They had totally lost the plot and looked like they were challenging us to a fight outside.

Funnily enough, almost none of them had scarves on.

BullsCloseHibs
17-09-2018, 02:10 PM
There was a large group of quite aggressive Killie Fans at the end of the game, down the front of the South Stand, absolutely screaming at those of us in the West Lower as we were leaving the ground.

They had totally lost the plot and looked like they were challenging us to a fight outside.

That's why we don't like em!

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 02:19 PM
They would’ve been belting out ‘Killie boys’.
It all sounded HUN to me and straight oot The Rangers song book. Dress it up as you may but they only sing it to try and wynd us up - you ken that! :greengrin

Frazerbob
17-09-2018, 02:25 PM
It all sounded HUN to me and straight oot The Rangers song book. Dress it up as you may but they only sing it to try and wynd us up - you ken that! :greengrin

The only folk dressing anything up are those like you who are imagining different lyrics. It’s not a Hun song. The only teams I know that sing a Hun version are the Huns & Diet Huns.

JimBHibees
17-09-2018, 02:30 PM

A bit unnecessarily insulting to Killie fans given the real words that they sing and the fact they have chosen to support their local team when other easier glory hunting options a short drive away. Many teams sing this song including a few English teams. A bit lazy to be tarring them with the bigot brush.

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 02:52 PM
The only folk dressing anything up are those like you who are imagining different lyrics. It’s not a Hun song. The only teams I know that sing a Hun version are the Huns & Diet Huns.
Was not aware they sang Killie boys I imagine the next thing you are going to tell me is they are up to their knees in Ayr blood? :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 03:38 PM
A bit unnecessarily insulting to Killie fans given the real words that they sing and the fact they have chosen to support their local team when other easier glory hunting options a short drive away. Many teams sing this song including a few English teams. A bit lazy to be tarring them with the bigot brush.
Not being lazy at all.
Perhaps they should make up other songs to sing.
The only teams I would tar with the bigot brush are the ugly sisters
If you read my earlier post I had an enjoyable afternoon with some Killie fans and yes credit to them they have followed their team through thick and thin
If I were a Killie Hearts Falkirk or say Partick fan I would not be comfortable singing any version of the Billy Boys song.
Hearts sing the full version as highlighted in another thread.
I know for a fact that through following HIBS away that the smaller clubs only sing it when Celtic and HIBS are in town just to wynd us up.
I suppose it goes back to the Catholic Protestant thing and I must say that Tom Hart did do a lot to stamp out religious bigotry and proIRA songs from our club in the early seventies something we should be all proud of as I consider our club to be wholly nondenominational and open to all.

Frazerbob
17-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Was not aware they sang Killie boys I imagine the next thing you are going to tell me is they are up to their knees in Ayr blood? :greengrin

What’s the phrase everyone uses on here? Oh yeh, deary me!

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 04:03 PM
What’s the phrase everyone uses on here? Oh yeh, deary me!
Here’s a new one:

It is what it is! :greengrin

Ryan69
17-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Edinburgh cant be that much further to Glasgow than Kilmarnock is either

CMurdoch
17-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Importantly wifeys does not mean all women and certainly not regular supporters

Wifeys means women dragged along to a game probably by their partner or family.
They don't follow football so don't know about all the daft stuff like tribalism and segregation.

The Kilmarnock woman in question sat in the main Hibs stand - not wifey behaviour
but then gave it big licks when Kilmarnock scored - border line wifey behaviour
AND gave it the big "you hoo/hiya" to her pals in the Kilmarnock end - big time wifey behaviour

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Importantly wifeys does not mean all women and certainly not regular supporters

Wifeys means women dragged along to a game probably by their partner or family.
They don't follow football so don't know about all the daft stuff like tribalism and segregation.

The Kilmarnock woman in question sat in the main Hibs stand - not wifey behaviour
but then gave it big licks when Kilmarnock scored - border line wifey behaviour
AND gave it the big "you hoo/hiya" to her pals in the Kilmarnock end - big time wifey behaviour

Do you know for a fact that she was married, though? If she is somebody's wifey, I'm glad she's not mine.

Anyhoo, must go, I need to tell the wee wifey it's about time she made ma dinner...

PatHead
17-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Do you know for a fact that she was married, though? If she is somebody's wifey, I'm glad she's not mine.

Anyhoo, must go, I need to tell the wee wifey it's about time she made ma dinner...

You mean it isn’t on the table yet?

Mantis Toboggan
17-09-2018, 05:35 PM

I was right beside that as well having sat in West Lower for a change. Absolutely chronic stuff from their end. Very much enjoyed giving it back to them when the penalty went in and then at full time.

Eyrie
17-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Where should we send your "get well soon card"?

Crazyhorse
17-09-2018, 07:38 PM
The tune is “Marching through Georgia”, originally from the US civil war, but in a Scottish context it’s 100% bigoted supremacist Hun *****.

Indeed the irony being it was written by an abolitionist to celebrate General Sherman's freeing the slaves and laying waste to every redneck hun in his path!

lord bunberry
17-09-2018, 07:43 PM

I saw a few of them acting like twats at the end. I’m in the same part of the West and when we were leaving the ground a few of them were trying to noise the hibs fans up. Most folk were just laughing at them.

Keith_M
17-09-2018, 08:06 PM
I saw a few of them acting like twats at the end. I’m in the same part of the West and when we were leaving the ground a few of them were trying to noise the hibs fans up. Most folk were just laughing at them.

I might have been taking the p1ss out of them as well, tho I'm not admitting to anything.

:wink: