PDA

View Full Version : Printing tickets

Stick
14-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Wanting to attend match tomorrow, and usually print tickets at home. However my stupid antiquated printer has decided to extract revenge on me for all the years I have abused and insulted it, by refusing to work.
Question is, should I phone for tickets and collect tomorrow, turn up at box office tomorrow and buy, book on line and collect at box office tomorrow, or hope that my equally ancient i phone will allow the turnstile reader to scan it.
Final question is, should I get my own back on said printer by running it over with my car, or prolong its agony over several years by leaving it to gather dust as it watches a brand new printer become a loved member off the household.

Thank you,
A. Luddite.

greenlex
14-09-2018, 04:06 PM
If you have a smartphone the barcode that you are basically trying to print will scan at the turnstile straight off the phone. I’ve tested this in the past.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2018, 04:08 PM
If you have a smartphone the barcode that you are basically trying to print will scan at the turnstile straight off the phone. I’ve tested this in the past.

I’ve tried this last few home games, and it’s never worked using my IPhone
Might try again tomorrow

greenlex
14-09-2018, 04:17 PM
I’ve tried this last few home games, and it’s never worked using my IPhone
Might try again tomorrow
Make sure the barcode is nice and big.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2018, 04:21 PM

That’s what I do and also turn up brightness
I’ll give it a shot tomorrow again

iwasthere1972
14-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Plus make sure the brightness is turned up on your phone. Never tried it myself but that's what other folk have said. :agree:

PatHead
14-09-2018, 05:05 PM
I had that problem against Ross County. Went to the ticket office who gave me a replacement. Get there early though as there is often a queue.

Stick
14-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the info.
Will try scanning on I phone and be there early just in case need box office.