PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton - Birthday

Forza Fred
12-09-2018, 11:39 PM
74 today.

A true Hibs Legend, when the word legend may be overused these days.

It was a pleasure to have been so lucky to have seen you grace Easter Road.

Just in case the card doesn’t get through...happy birthday!

The Harp
13-09-2018, 12:09 AM
Happy Birthday and many of them Pat. In terms of Hibs legend status, no one comes close.
Still think Hibs should acknowledge Pat's contribution and commitment to the Club in some way.
Hope you're in good health Pat, have a great day.

hibsfan7
13-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Happy birthday pat

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Hi Heid Yin
13-09-2018, 12:54 AM
Here's to an absolute legend and gentleman.
:singing::music::partyhibb:cheers:

martinmcgurk
13-09-2018, 01:34 AM
Great player. Great man. My favourite ever football player.

heretoday
13-09-2018, 01:38 AM
74 ffs.

Haymaker
13-09-2018, 03:11 AM
Met him for the first time on 21.05.16.

Couldn't say anything other than "you're a legend".

Happy Birthday.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2018, 06:04 AM
:hibeesJust the best ever player i have witnessed in a Hibs strip. Happy Birthday Pat.:thumbsup:

Juice-Terry
13-09-2018, 06:06 AM
Happy Birthday Pat.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-09-2018, 06:19 AM
Happy birthday God, the finest player I ever saw in a Hibs jersey. Legend.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Happy 74 th Birthday Pat!

Many Happy Returns.

Many thanks for all the wonderful memories over the years.

You are my avatar, my hero, an absolute gentleman and without doubt the best HIBS player I have seen in fifty years of supporting our great club by a country mile.

I am convinced Eddie Turnbull had you in mind when he uttered the immortal words “ There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class.”

:partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb

brawbob
13-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Happy birthday to the greatest I have ever seen in the Hibs colours. May you have many, many more. Thanks for the wonderful memories.
My absolute hero as a youngster and I remember as an adult in my forties sharing a car journey with him into town from the Vauxhall garage in Seafield where he helped out and I was so awestruck I could not bring myself to speak to him for fear of making a prat of myself.

One Day
13-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Happy birthday to the Legend that is Sir Patrick Gordon Stanton

PatHead
13-09-2018, 07:43 AM
They always say you should never meet your hero as they will never live up to your image of them. Pat is the greatest player I have seen in a Hibs jersey and was my hero growing up.

I have had the privilege of meeting him on a number of occasions and he dispels the saying. A true gent and still my hero.

Happy birthday to the greatest living Hibs player.

DarlingtonHibee
13-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Legend. Had the pleasure of his company a few times. My hero.

Bangkok Hibby
13-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Got your autograph and a pat on the head in 1968. Treasured that for years. A great player and a great man. A very happy birthday sir.

hibeerealist
13-09-2018, 09:06 AM
74 today.

A true Hibs Legend, when the word legend may be overused these days.

It was a pleasure to have been so lucky to have seen you grace Easter Road.

Just in case the card doesn’t get through...happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Paddy!

Eaststand
13-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Happy Birthday to the greatest Hibby I've ever seen

GGTTH

brog
13-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Happy bday to the legend im proud to call a friend. I first met Pat about 60 years ago, ouch, playing 2 a side at Crossroads BC on Blackfriars street. Pats cuz, Mickey McManus also played as did John Greig! Freddie, Jim Os birthday in 5 days. I'm out country so rely on you to start thread! All the ex legends still enjoy getting recognised on here.

Forza Fred
13-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Happy bday to the legend im proud to call a friend. I first met Pat about 60 years ago, ouch, playing 2 a side at Crossroads BC on Blackfriars street. Pats cuz, Mickey McManus also played as did John Greig! Freddie, Jim Os birthday in 5 days. I'm out country so rely on you to start thread! All the ex legends still enjoy getting recognised on here.

Will do.....already had it pencilled in....😉

Billy Whizz
13-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Happy birthday Pat

hibee_girl
13-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Happy birthday to the man who is still my Grandad’s hero

ozhibs
13-09-2018, 12:31 PM
As many have said a true legend, he didn’t run on the pitch he glided over it, majestic,
Happy birthday Pat
GGGTH:flag::flag::flag:

Lago
13-09-2018, 01:44 PM
I can say in all honesty that I consider myself blessed to have watched Pat Stanton play in one of the best Hibs teams ever. All because my new girl friend ( now wife) father asked if I wanted to go along to ER, best decision I made.

superfurryhibby
13-09-2018, 05:14 PM
My youngest son is called Patrick Stanton Taylor.

BSEJVT
13-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Pat was a wonderful player

As another poster has already said he glided over the surface

Could play midfield or in defence and would be worth 100 million in todays market* as guys like John Stones couldn't hold a candle to him

* if he were playing for another EPL club prior to his move not Hibs who get nothing like a players true value.

I was broken hearted when he left for Celtic but glad he got to round out his medal collection afterwards, if it only it had been with Hibs

I would have loved him to have been Hibs Manager for decades as he epitomised everything I want our club to be about, but alas circumstances dictated otherwise.

If he had played for one of the ugly sisters he would have won 100 caps, absolutely no question.

As others have said as humble and nice a man as he was and is a legend.

Many many Happy Returns Pat and many many more

jellybean
13-09-2018, 06:33 PM
My Dad was lucky enough to be in hospitality with Mr Stanton. Sometimes you meet your hero and end up disappointed.....this was not the case. Dad said he was an absolute gent, and him being there made hospitality even more special.

Roxyhibee
13-09-2018, 06:34 PM
My all time footballing hero. Can’t think of a single player in the Scottish game today and in recent years who could lace his boots.

Beautiful, effortless style, great vision but a fierce tackler also. And he could head it into the net too. That 96th minute equaliser at Tynie, when me and my school mate had our bodies outside the exit gate but our necks stretched inside to see the last few seconds will live with me forever.!

Tommy Docherty said he was better than Bobby Moore, and although that is one for a healthy debate, he was trying to emphasise just how good Pat Stanton was. Should have had 50+ caps.

Happy birthday Pat.

IFONLY
13-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Happy Birthday Pat....what can I say that hasnt already been said..you are Mr Hibs have a great day with many more to come.

Roxyhibee
13-09-2018, 07:12 PM
My youngest son is called Patrick Stanton Taylor.

Thats is fantastic.!

Hillsidehibby
13-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Happy birthday Sir Patrick.
Remember me?... I used to deliver your newspaper

Jack Hackett
13-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Whether you're old and lucky enough to have seen him play or not, you know who he is.

Club Legend.

Happy Birthday Pat :applause:

jax67
13-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Many Hibby returns sir Pat!!

Jonnyboy
13-09-2018, 07:36 PM
A very happy birthday, Pat.

I was lucky enough to be in his company on numerous occasions, including the first trip to Athens and the good man wrote the foreword to my second book.

A nicer person you could not meet and my all time favourite Hibs player

stantonhibby
13-09-2018, 07:48 PM
A very happy birthday, Pat.

I was lucky enough to be in his company on numerous occasions, including the first trip to Athens and the good man wrote the foreword to my second book.

A nicer person you could not meet and my all time favourite Hibs player

Was my hero growing up and also met him in Athens but to my eternal shame was so pissed can barely remember it.
What a player.

penihibs
13-09-2018, 07:51 PM
WoW 74! Can remember as a young lad of 18 going in to the Tolbooth Bar to have a pint with my Dad, he is sitting there with Pat Jimmy O and George Stewart playing Dominoes.
Was brought into the company could hardly speak to them star struck.
My Hero sitting with my Dad didn't get better for me, they treated me like they new me for years Great men!!
What a player he was.
Happy birthday sir.

GTMRossaK3
13-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Hi Pat

Have a wonderful birthday. If anyone is Hibs you are.

I was born and grew up in the West Highlands so have no direct area reason to have been a strong Hibs supporter for the last 60+ years. My Dad was born in Greenock so was a Morton supporter. Him and his family were moved to the West Coast as his Mother was from Skye, so they were relocated to the West Highlands due to the war. When I was about 5, given my Dad strongly supported a football team and played at a pretty high level in Highlands football, my elder brother and I decided we needed to support a football team too! This was about 1955 when I was 5 - my brother was older so got first pick - he looked at the league table and chose the top team - Partick Thistle! I chose the team sitting second - Hibs. As PT quickly slipped down the table my brother jumped ship to Celtic but me, I stuck loyal, and have enjoyed the experience of being a Hibs supporter for most of my life. I moved to university in Edinburgh so I could go to Hibs games! My son is also now a supporter after seeing Riordan's three v Kilmarnock. I hope it follows in the family with my lovely grandson Oliver, who at the same age as I chose Hibs, supports the GREEN team.

Have a lovely time Pat - you are a fantastic advert for our great club and such a lovely person!

Take care,
Donnie

Keyser Sauzee
13-09-2018, 10:26 PM
He was before my time unfortunately but the importance of the man is not lost on me. Whenever I talk to my dad and his mates about older Hibs legends the tone always changes when Pat Stanton is brought up and u can sense he was every bit as good as what everyone says. Happy birthday to, as my dad and his mates put it, “the greatest to wear the green”.

ValleyHibee
13-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Was my hero growing up and also met him in Athens but to my eternal shame was so pissed can barely remember it.
What a player.
My Dad's Hero,also pissed in Athens but was made worse when my mate came into the room and said "guess who I just had breakfast with"? It was of course King Paddy.

ValleyHibee
13-09-2018, 10:32 PM
My Dad's Hero,also pissed in Athens but was made worse when my mate came into the room and said "guess who I just had breakfast with"? It was of course King Paddy.
Forgot to say, Happy Birthday to the number 1 Hibby of all time.

Deansy
14-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Happy Birthday Mr Stanton, and once again - thank you ! Blessed to have witnessed the man

brog
14-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Will do.....already had it pencilled in....😉

I never doubted it! :wink: I saw Jimmy when I was up for The Open, he's in fine fettle!