PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke Charged

Ozyhibby
12-09-2018, 06:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45497797

Given what Steven Gerrard has been saying about refs this season, this is just another example of the SFA running Scottish football for the benefit of one club.
What bugs me is why Hibs are happy for this situation to continue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevi_SOL
12-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Absolute farce

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2018, 06:22 PM
What a ****ing joke, time for managers outwith the ugly sisters to take solidarity action here.

An absolute crime!

Smartie
12-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Given what Steven Gerrard has been saying about refs this season, this is just another example of the SFA running Scottish football for the benefit of one club.

Whilst I agree that this is an atrocious decision, I don't see how it is going to be beneficial for that particular club that this decision is upheld and the player misses a game against Hibs?

I'd suggest that this is further evidence of staggering incompetence rather than corruption.

Edit - I'm talking nonsense. I see the concern relates to the inconsistent application of the rules to Clarke and Gerrard. Sorry.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2018, 06:26 PM
I'd suggest that this is further evidence of staggering incompetence rather than corruption.

Lolz! but then again it's how you do the right handshake I suppose :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
12-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Whilst I agree that this is an atrocious decision, I don't see how it is going to be beneficial for that particular club that this decision is upheld and the player misses a game against Hibs?

I’m talking about the fact that Clarke has been charged for criticising the decision and Gerrard has not been charged when he claimed refs were biased.

Kojock
12-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Hibs are quite happy for a member of their staff to suffer sectarian abuse so why should they bother about this.

MWHIBBIES
12-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Quiet happy Hibs are minding their own business, don't want us issuing embarrassing statements like other clubs.

Very petty reason to have a shot at the club, bizarre.

Joe6-2
12-09-2018, 06:32 PM
What a ****ing joke, time for managers outwith the ugly sisters to take solidarity action here.

An absolute crime!

Sick and tired waiting on the other clubs standing up to the f*****g arrogant bigoted clowns that ‘run’ our game

Ozyhibby
12-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Quiet happy Hibs are minding their own business, don't want us issuing embarrassing statements like other clubs.

Very petty reason to have a shot at the club, bizarre.

Each to their own but I would like Hibs to be making sure that the rules are applied equally to all the clubs in the league.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2018, 06:35 PM
What did Gerrard say?

Ozyhibby
12-09-2018, 06:41 PM
What did Gerrard say?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180912/3aab4807672fc7b6c80a751a87363194.png

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Absolute disgrace but as others have said none of our bees wax so best not to get involved but HIBS being HIBS Lenny being Lenny and the SFA being the SFA won’t be long till it is 😎👍🏾⚽️🇳🇬

Ozyhibby
12-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Absolute disgrace but as others have said none of our bees wax so best not to get involved but HIBS being HIBS Lenny being Lenny and the SFA being the SFA won’t be long till it is [emoji41][emoji1474]⚽️[emoji1184]

Not sure how it is none of our business if Sevco are being favoured over other clubs?

Bostonhibby
12-09-2018, 07:22 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkConsequences of the moving on con tragically. Suspect sevco in particular can basically do what they want this season without proportionate responses from the SFA and SPFL

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Not sure how it is none of our business if Sevco are being favoured over other clubs?

Sweep sweep sweep. we don't want to know when they are mentioned. :rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
12-09-2018, 07:24 PM
If anyone else in the world gave a **** about Scottish football then the decisions made over the last few weeks would have made us a laughing stock. Morrelos, Naismith, Dicker, Hampden, the SFA/SPFL is a corrupt closed shop run for the benefit of the few to the detriment of the many. Shameful

lapsedhibee
12-09-2018, 07:26 PM
If anyone else in the world gave a **** about Scottish football then the decisions made over the last few weeks would have made us a laughing stock. Morrelos, Naismith, Dicker, Hampden, the SFA/SPFL is a corrupt closed shop run for the benefit of the few to the detriment of the many. Shameful

They're not even trying to hide that the game's bent.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2018, 07:34 PM

Gerrard set his stall out before a ball was kicked this season with his “world is against us” comments obviously brain washed by The Hun hierarchy so far it has worked as he has the SFA running scared reversing decisions everywhere as they bend over backwards to appease The Rangers and protect their inadequate officials Alex McLeish used to use the same tactics to plead for protection from the officials for our ball players every time we played the OF all I am saying it has not directly affected us so far apart from a Kilmarnock player unfairly facing suspension which will work in our favour but it won’t be long until it does affect us.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Not to mention McGregor.

silverhibee
12-09-2018, 07:52 PM
13000 season tickets. Zero opinions heard. Unanimous ?

Move on, our club don't want to rock the boat.

Eyrie
12-09-2018, 07:54 PM
So Clarke has been charged for highlighting a decision of the appeal committee which brought the game into disrepute.

You couldn't make it up, and don't need to with the SFA doing just that as it goes along.

superfurryhibby
12-09-2018, 08:00 PM
I’m talking about the fact that Clarke has been charged for criticising the decision and Gerrard has not been charged when he claimed refs were biased.

Gerrard’s comments were ridiculous abd clearly scripted by Jabba Traynor. He should ha=e been taken to task for it. Clarke must be raging a5 the double standards.

linlithgowhibbie
12-09-2018, 08:25 PM
"We are all Steve Clarke":thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
12-09-2018, 08:26 PM
This WILL come back to bite the authorities, just as the kicking appeals and non retrospective punishments will too.

lord bunberry
12-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Our board have shown they’re happy for all of this kind of stuff to continue, that won’t change any time soon. I don’t think we should make a statement as that would be pointless. We should be meeting with the other clubs to voice our concerns. We won’t though.

johnbc70
12-09-2018, 08:56 PM
This WILL come back to bite the authorities, just as the kicking appeals and non retrospective punishments will too.

I don't think it will. Say on Saturday Bogdan did what McGregor did and gets charged, what would the club do? Appeal it and then the appeal fails and that's it really. No more appeals, nothing the fans can do.

They are a law unto their own and answerable to nobody.

hibsbollah
12-09-2018, 09:02 PM
I bet he wishes he'd just gone out and blatantly kicked his opposite number, he'd have got off with it in the fun mad world of the SFA.

Crazyhorse
12-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Consequences of the moving on con tragically. Suspect sevco in particular can basically do what they want this season without proportionate responses from the SFA and SPFL

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Yep.

Mainstandman
12-09-2018, 09:59 PM
When he goes to the hearing he should only speak using quotes from gerrard, that way he'll be fine.

MWHIBBIES
12-09-2018, 11:35 PM
Each to their own but I would like Hibs to be making sure that the rules are applied equally to all the clubs in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe rules are totally subjective though, they could easily worm their way out of it. They could also easily fine Hibs for it, total waste of time.

Best way to stick it up them is win, every week. Win big games, win trophies, win with Neil Lennon is charge.

Sylar
12-09-2018, 11:41 PM
Don't have any problem with Clarke being charged for his comments. They merited punishment.

What other coaches are/aren't getting punished for is a separate issue. Gerrard's been quite careful with his criticisms so far. That quote on page one is a great example, where he talks about "the world" being against them. He doesn't call out the referee explicitly.

Ryan Jack on the other hand...

SirDavidsNapper
13-09-2018, 05:33 AM
This has been on the cards since Clarke said no to the Rangers job. How dare he. They are the people.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-09-2018, 06:21 AM

This and the yams as well.

Brightside
13-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Was Ryan Jack done for saying the ref should be demoted?

Moulin Yarns
13-09-2018, 08:14 AM
BBC Gossip

Scotland's referees are seeking urgent clarification from football's international law makers over what constitutes a straight red card ahead of the return of the top-flight this weekend, with a video package believed to include incidents involving Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Allan McGregor as well as Hearts striker Steven Naismith being sent. (Daily Record) (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-red-card-rangers-steven-13234633)

Ozyhibby
13-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Was Ryan Jack done for saying the ref should be demoted?

No, he plays for new Rangers.

Delboy4
13-09-2018, 09:21 AM
I’m sure Gerrard falls into this category...

They have accused Clarke of breaching Disciplinary Rule 72, which says no team official under SFA jurisdiction shall "in any manner likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character".

Aldo
13-09-2018, 10:40 AM

They have accused Clarke of breaching Disciplinary Rule 72, which says no team official under SFA jurisdiction shall "in any manner likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character".

Ryan Jack definitely falls into this as I’m sure he said Collum should be demoted

Peevemor
13-09-2018, 10:51 AM

How do you know Hibs are happy?

Saint Hibee
13-09-2018, 10:55 AM
#Je suis Steve Clarke

green day
13-09-2018, 11:14 AM
How do you know Hibs are happy?

Indeed.

I doubt Hibs give two hoots about Steve Clarkes "predicament" given that he wasnt exactly honest about the award of that penalty at Rugby Park last year.

Lennon and his team will be focussed on beating Killie on Saturday - that Clarke has lost a key player is good for us.

I cant really understand the rationale that presupposes that if Hibs dont do Press Releases about everything the SFA does then this automatically means that Rod Petrie, and by extension Hibs, are in some way complicit and in agreement.

Ozyhibby
13-09-2018, 11:50 AM
Indeed.

I doubt Hibs give two hoots about Steve Clarkes "predicament" given that he wasnt exactly honest about the award of that penalty at Rugby Park last year.

Lennon and his team will be focussed on beating Killie on Saturday - that Clarke has lost a key player is good for us.

I cant really understand the rationale that presupposes that if Hibs dont do Press Releases about everything the SFA does then this automatically means that Rod Petrie, and by extension Hibs, are in some way complicit and in agreement.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Steve Clarke, Craig Levien, Neil McCann or Neil Lennon. What matters is that one club is being treated differently from all the others. That’s why we should care. Given how long it’s gone on and the silence from Easter road I can only assume Hibs are happy with it.

CentreLine
13-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Doesn’t matter if it’s Steve Clarke, Craig Levien, Neil McCann or Neil Lennon. What matters is that one club is being treated differently from all the others. That’s why we should care. Given how long it’s gone on and the silence from Easter road I can only assume Hibs are happy with it.

There is a danger of being seen as having an agenda when people jump at every opportunity to have a go at Hibs and particularly RP. Maybe it’s time to give it a rest for a bit then it will have much more impact if or when it’s justified.
There is absolutely no justification for accusing Hibs of having an opinion either way on the standard of refereeing and the people (no pun intended) that run Scottish football. In this instance it would be just a s legitimate to suggest that Hibs approach the authorities, whether SFA or SPFL, through the correct channels to protest at the standards of administration at all levels. After all that would be the dignified manner in which I would expect our club to do business.

green day
13-09-2018, 12:00 PM

You cant be serious?

Does Hibs lack of comment on the sectarian problem at Rangers and Celtic means that they are happy with it?

Hibs not commenting on the child abuse from youth coaches X years ago means they are happy with it?

You dont want Petrie at the helm of Hibs or the SFA - that I get, but you simply cant go about making assumptions about Hibs stance on the disciplinary process on the basis that they dont issue press releases about everything that bothers you.

hibeemikey21
13-09-2018, 12:32 PM
When he goes to the hearing he should only speak using quotes from gerrard, that way he'll be fine.

That’s genuinely a fantastic idea! Clarke/another manager should recite Gerrard’s interview word for word next time they’re aggrieved by a ref. See what the outcome is......

lord bunberry
13-09-2018, 12:35 PM
That’s genuinely a fantastic idea! Clarke/another manager should recite Gerrard’s interview word for word next time they’re aggrieved by a ref. See what the outcome is......
Every manager should do that. In fact I hope they do.

MWHIBBIES
13-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImpeccable logic that is.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Tom Hart would have told them exactly what he was thinking, instead of hiding behind the curtains frightened to speak up against what is clear favouritism, the one rule for them and one for the rest is never clearer.

Scotty Leither
13-09-2018, 01:47 PM
The only statement that Hibs made about the old Rangers was the recent one telling everybody to move on and forget about how they did everybody else in the League out of European competition and attendant prize money for league placing through their creative accounting.

The Board weren't asked to justify that statement for being seen to kow-tow to Sevco and instead the fans' reps got it in the neck.

Ozyhibby
13-09-2018, 02:34 PM
If something is wrong it’s good to speak out.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45510168

GreenLake
13-09-2018, 03:26 PM
This could be solved easily by offshoring these type of investigations and putting the decisions in the hands of neutral professionals from other countries. If only we could bring refs in from other countries too as the crap decision making would at least be randomly distributed. Ultimately we have to dream forward to the day when some kind of AI robot is in charge.

BegbieHSC
13-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Will he be in the dugout on Saturday?

Billy Whizz
13-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Will he be in the dugout on Saturday?

Yes, disciplinary meeting isn’t until October

Ozyhibby
13-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Yes, disciplinary meeting isn’t until October

6 days before they play Sevco. [emoji6]

BegbieHSC
13-09-2018, 05:21 PM
6 days before they play Sevco. [emoji6]

Lol. What a ****ing shambles the SFA are.m!

Kojock
13-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Tom Hart would have told them exactly what he was thinking, instead of hiding behind the curtains frightened to speak up against what is clear favouritism, the one rule for them and one for the rest is never clearer.

Leeann Dempster was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, maybe she still has a soft spot for Der Hun. Just saying likes.

Keith_M
13-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Leeann Dempster was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, maybe she still has a soft spot for Der Hun. Just saying likes.

I'm sure she does.

In fact, given how widespread the problem is amongst the The Rangers support (and was among their predecessors), I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she'd joined in with their sectarian ditties at some point.

However, it doesn't seem to affect how she does her job for us, so I'm willing to overlook it.

Jack Hackett
13-09-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm sure she does.

In fact, given how widespread the problem is amongst the The Rangers support (and was among their predecessors), I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she'd joined in with their sectarian ditties at some point.

However, it doesn't seem to affect how she does her job for us, so I'm willing to overlook it.

Your tolerance does you credit :greengrin

Keith_M
13-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Your tolerance does you credit :greengrin

Thank you... that would be an Ecumenical Matter.

Jack Hackett
14-09-2018, 05:29 AM
Thank you... that would be an Ecumenical Matter.

That's what I'm here for :pray:

Joe6-2
14-09-2018, 06:32 AM

Whatever happened to democracy and free speech??

Betty Boop
14-09-2018, 07:16 AM
This has been on the cards since Clarke said no to the Rangers job. How dare he. They are the people.

Clarke was never approached for the Rangers job. He said as much himself.

w pilton hibby
14-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Whatever happened to democracy and free speech??

There is a petition:

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-fundamental-change-at-the-sfa

G B Young
14-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Chris Sutton is spot on here:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/chris-sutton-brands-sfa-disciplinary-panel-the-three-stooges-1-4799763

Chic Murray
14-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Hibs are quite happy for a member of their staff to suffer sectarian abuse so why should they bother about this.

Did the "member of staff" complain to his "employer". If he (or she) didn't, then I say it is none of our business.

Heisenberg
14-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Aberdeen have also just released a strong statement about the decision that went against them a couple of weeks back which the SFA upheld.

Stevie Reid
14-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Just checked to see if I was remembering this properly. Levein took a case with the SFA pretty far a number of years ago - even managing to get a touchline ban overturned in court - but the ultimate outcome was pretty unremarkable:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3527111.stm

O'Rourke3
14-09-2018, 10:58 AM
They've charged the wrong bloke apparently. They've charged a Steven and he is a Stephen [emoji1787]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Don't have any problem with Clarke being charged for his comments. They merited punishment.

What other coaches are/aren't getting punished for is a separate issue. Gerrard's been quite careful with his criticisms so far. That quote on page one is a great example, where he talks about "the world" being against them. He doesn't call out the referee explicitly.

Ryan Jack on the other hand...

This is what Gerrard had to say after the Aberdeen game;

“It seems like the world is against us today,” he said. “But we’ll make sure we get better for that because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on. We need to try and use it to our advantage. It’s not just today, I believe it’s been happening for seasons. That’s just my opinion."

That's not careful at all he is clearly suggesting that there's an agenda against Rangers and it's been going on for years.

Other managers have been done for a lot less.

BegbieHSC
14-09-2018, 11:23 AM
I saw this elsewhere -

Morelos kicks a player - cleared
McGregor kicks a player - cleared
Neil Lennon pretends to be an aeroplane - 3 match ban.

SFA are the ultimate banter merchants.

Smartie
14-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Just checked to see if I was remembering this properly. Levein took a case with the SFA pretty far a number of years ago - even managing to get a touchline ban overturned in court - but the ultimate outcome was pretty unremarkable:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3527111.stm

Nothing to do with the thread, but the picture on that article really shows how much Levein has aged over the past 15 years.

Argylehibby
14-09-2018, 11:55 AM
This is what Gerrard had to say after the Aberdeen game;

“It seems like the world is against us today,” he said. “But we’ll make sure we get better for that because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on. We need to try and use it to our advantage. It’s not just today, I believe it’s been happening for seasons. That’s just my opinion."

That's not careful at all he is clearly suggesting that there's an agenda against Rangers and it's been going on for years.

Other managers have been done for a lot less.

:agree:

Clarkes statement also referred to bigger clubs getting preferable treatment. I'm sure he will take evidence of the various comments / incidents in to the hearing and ask for an explanation. Hopefully he will then go public with their response.

Only way to sort this out and be able to dish out punishments when due is for the authorities to admit there have been errors, let Clarke off and state that from this point on appropriate action will be taken against all clubs, players and managers. Not likely to happen and even if they made the announcement they would still let one club away with murder.

Stuart93
14-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Cue Kilmarnock getting every decision from the ref tomorrow after all this

PatHead
15-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Cue Kilmarnock getting every decision from the ref tomorrow after all this

..........or every decision against them for daring to suggest referees are not very good.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Brenda also complaining about last nights official. Anyone else notice a pattern developing? I wonder if Celtic will release a statement?

JimBHibees
15-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Brenda also complaining about last nights official. Anyone else notice a pattern developing? I wonder if Celtic will release a statement?

Had nothing to complain about just girning because rangers are getting off with red cards.

Smartie
15-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Had nothing to complain about just girning because rangers are getting off with red cards.

If I was Rodgers, rather than moan about anything that's happening to Rangers I'd have stated that they can get all the help from the authorities they like - the recent match showed that there is still a massive gulf in quality between the sides.

He's allowing his club to be dragged back.

Ozyhibby
15-09-2018, 10:14 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/91e827d0c00cfa26d71ab416de741288.jpg

number9dream
15-09-2018, 11:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/91e827d0c00cfa26d71ab416de741288.jpg

SFA are having a shocker here. Kenny Millar might be wishing he was back at The Sun.
They need to get out in front of this cluster****** and do some explaining.
Or is the organisation simply unaccountable and happy to ignore the widespread outrage & confusion?

Ozyhibby
15-09-2018, 12:33 PM
SFA are having a shocker here. Kenny Millar might be wishing he was back at The Sun.
They need to get out in front of this cluster****** and do some explaining.
Or is the organisation simply unaccountable and happy to ignore the widespread outrage & confusion?

You need to get with the ‘move on’ programme.

green day
15-09-2018, 01:01 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-sfa-have-to-be-kidding-over-steve-clarke-rap-1-4800277

Strange, I heard on here that Hibs never say anything?

Eyrie
15-09-2018, 04:41 PM
..........or every decision against them for daring to suggest referees are not very good.

Could you give me tonight's winning lottery numbers please?

where'stheslope
16-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Steve Clarke will be having a field day at the SFA offices, by the time he gets there he will have a full length feature to show them on how hard done too Killie are by referees!!!

16-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Gerrard was never going to be punished, Heaven forbid anything to upset one of the OF! the SFA care and cater to 2 clubs, the rest of us, in their eyes anyway, are simply there to make up the numbers.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 01:34 PM
https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/2018/09/15/stop-complaining-the-sfa-is-right/

16-09-2018, 04:17 PM
I saw this elsewhere -

Morelos kicks a player - cleared
McGregor kicks a player - cleared
Neil Lennon pretends to be an aeroplane - 3 match ban.

SFA are the ultimate banter merchants.

Yep but why anyone is actually surprised is beyond me. It's always been the way, the OF get away with murder because the spineless cowards in the SFA are absolutely terrified of upsetting them.