PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever support another Scottish team?

Hibbyradge
12-09-2018, 03:32 PM
My dad wasn't a football fan so I was influenced by TV and conversations at my primary school.

Given that I was at Holy Cross in the 60s, and Celtc were pretty much all conquering, I started "supporting" them when they won the European Cup, and there was a photo of me getting a Celtc strip for my 10th birthday in the February.

When Aberdeen beat them 3-1 in the 1970 SC Final, I threw a tantrum and when they lost to Feyenoord in the European Cup final the next month, I stopped "supporting" them. I was still 10 and had never been to a football match. :hilarious

My pals at school started supporting Hibs soon after so I decided to follow suit and the rest is history.

There. I've said it. You've witnessed catharsis!

WhileTheChief..
12-09-2018, 03:35 PM
That must feel like you’ve just been to confession!

I just supported who my dad did.

He supported who his dad did.

And so on back to the days prior to WW1.

Dunno if anyone in the family took an interest back in 1875 though!

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2018, 03:41 PM
My dad wasn't a football fan so I was influenced by TV and conversations at my primary school.

Given that I was at Holy Cross in the 60s, and Celtc were pretty much all conquering, I started "supporting" them when they won the European Cup, and there was a photo of me getting a Celtc strip for my 10th birthday in the February.

When Aberdeen beat them 3-1 in the 1970 SC Final, I threw a tantrum and when they lost to Feyenoord in the European Cup final the next month, I stopped "supporting" them. I was still 10 and had never been to a football match.. :hilarious

My pals at school started supporting Hibs soon after so I decided to follow suit and the rest is history.

I was the same as you. Celtc, just because. And also, partly out of rebellion against the family tradition of being Hibbies. I cringe now at the memory of my Granda taking me to the LC final in 69, and him having to suffer my singing and dancing. Even worse that we left at 6-0, and didn't know Hibs had scored 2 late goals until we got home.

But then folk like the guy in my avatar changed all that. By the time the LC win in 72 came around, I was a glory-hunter like all Hobos.

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Not exactly support another team, but my maternal grandmother was born in a flat in Gorgie Road overlooking Tynecastle. One Christmas she had knitted my older brother and me maroon and white scarves. It was only after my brother asked for a green and white one that things became clearer, it was also easier to get to Easter Road as the number 13 bus stopped at the end of the street we lived on :greengrin

Diclonius
12-09-2018, 03:57 PM
I was nominally a Celtic fan because of my Dad (who was from Cumbernauld) up until my early teens. I say nominally because I had zero interest in football up until about 13 when I went to see Dundee Utd of all teams and fell in love with the atmosphere. Decided from thereon I'd make my own choice as to who to support, and went for Hibs as I was originally from Edinburgh. Dad's now a fully converted Hibs fan as well.

Dan Sarf
12-09-2018, 03:59 PM
If you have been affected by any of the messages on this thread, please get in touch with Adrian Chiles...

:greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
12-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Always been a Hibby, following in fathers, grandfathers & uncles footsteps, born with green blood

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Hearts :sick:

HoboHarry
12-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Grew up in Aberdeen supporting family and I was the only rebel - I remember being pretty upset when they sold Martin Buchan and stomped off to Easter Road and been there ever since...... :greengrin

MyJo
12-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Hibs are the only team I support but living in Dunfermline for the last ten years I have half heartedly adopted them as my second team in as much as I look out for their results and want them to do well.

stoneyburn hibs
12-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Hibee all my days. I didn't know until I was 19 that my dad was a jambo, then switched to Hibs. My younger brother was also a jambo into his teens but now sits beside me at ER.

That's two saved from the dark side😁😁

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Hearts :sick:

:hnetinq:

Was born and and brought up in Gorgie used to climb over the old school wall get lift overs and skip in after the Tivoli to Tinycastle it was a dump even then. My first strip was a Hearts strip. My Dad used to bang on about Gordon Smith and the famous five took me to my first game at Easter Road HIBS v Leeds Utd 1968. As soon as I saw the green strips with the white sleeves running out under the floodlights in front of 40000 I thought to myself that’s my team! Never been away since. Hibee till I die! :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Never. and had good misguided friend as a Jambo and pressure from other peers this would be 1986.
The SC in 2016 made life as a Hibee infinately better.

heretoday
12-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Me dad and I used to go to ER and Tynie week about in the early sixties. Lots of folk did that. We used to encounter the same faces on the terraces at both grounds. Better atmosphere at Gorgie I have to say.
So I was up cheering the Hearts and still have good memories of Tommy Traynor and Jim Cruikshank. Come the first Derby though and I plumped for Hibs. It was because we were underdogs at that time.
And the white sleeves had something to do with it too!

JXM73
12-09-2018, 04:37 PM
At school, aberdeen, was fed up with the catholic/protestant BS, ended up getting grief from both....

Supported brighton when i lived down there, came home in 2006 and been a nomad until this season...

Seveno
12-09-2018, 05:19 PM
When I was younger, I supported Hibs Reserves and went to see them when my ‘big’ team were playing away.

wookie70
12-09-2018, 05:27 PM

When Aberdeen beat them 3-1 in the 1970 SC Final, I threw a tantrum and when they lost to Feyenoord in the European Cup final the next month, I stopped "supporting" them. I was still 10 and had never been to a football match. :hilarious

Not sure if there are any support groups for this type of horrifying start to life but hopefully the love of the Hibernian family will make you forget

Smartie
12-09-2018, 05:31 PM
I didn't grow up in Edinburgh (although I was born here) and am of an age where the glory hunting kids grew up supporting Aberdeen - and I sort of, eh, followed the sheep, as did my brother.

In my early to mid teens I saw the light, came to my senses and dragged him along with me. Every member of our family since has followed suit.

It's quite funny because if anyone ever mentions to him that he once had a fondness for Aberdeen he totally hates it, whereas I just shrug and accept it. I was wee and didn't know any better. I made a fully informed decision regarding the correct path to follow as soon as I was capable, and I will ensure that nobody in my family is allowed to do likewise.

Sylar
12-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Grew up in West Lothian and my parents were hell-bent on me not being dragged into the Rangers/Celtc nonsense. My dad wasn't a football fan per se (other than a general love of the game), nor was my mum - dad's family were catholic and mostly Celtc fans, whilst my mum's side are all protestant and either Hearts/Rangers fans.

My dad was involved in the development of Almondvale, so he took me to watch Livingston when they appeared in 95. Followed them home and away until I went to University. Got utterly scunnered after the 2nd administration and all of the off-field garbage, including the screwing over of local businesses. It was then that a friend took me along to Easter Road and I enjoyed football again for the first time in a while.

I'd be lying if I said I don't still follow Livingston to this day...

SirDavidsNapper
12-09-2018, 05:37 PM
My old man and grandad were huge Hibbys so i didn't have much choice. I usually support anyone playing Hearts or Rangers unless they're playing each other in which case i become a big fan of red cards.

Jack Hackett
12-09-2018, 05:42 PM

Another HC boy from the 60's here, but a bit further up the age food chain :greengrin

Sorry to add to the other confessors on the thread, as I also was a yam as a child. Not my fault, I was dragged there by an uncle and was forced to endure what has already been described as a midden even way back then. I vaguely remember being at the League decider against Killie... so I have some good memories :greengrin. I stopped going when I was 12 and didn't go to any footy for 3 years until persuaded by school buds along to Easter Road... Hibs v Napoli. The rest is history... 50 years worth :flag:

Inconsequential
12-09-2018, 05:53 PM
St. Johnstone mainly because we went to Perth on holiday. I switched to Hibs the summer of '72... I was ten.

Pretty Boy
12-09-2018, 05:56 PM
When I was at school almost everyone supported Hibs or Celtic, we had a few Italians so there was a fair few Juventus, Inter and Milan fans as well. There were a few Hearts fans but, unsurpisingly given my school, I can't recall any Rangers fans.

I was always a Hibs fan and over the years dragged a few of the Italian guys along and converted 1 or 2. I did lose interest in Hibs for a spell between 2000ish and 2004. I remember not being all that bothered when we lost the SC final to Celtic in 2001 which seems totally ridiculous now. I think a lot of it was because I was playing football on Saturdays, at an age at which other things held more interest than football and it was almost 'cool' to slag Scottish football. I find it quite funny now that I was absent or at least only a semi regular when we had one of our best spells in relatively recent years; I missed 6-2 ffs!

It was probably moving away from Edinburgh in 2004 that made me start supporting Hibs properly again. It became an adventure again and it was exciting to tell people I supported a different team from the norm in a new city.

Dr What If?
12-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Maybe support is a bit strong, but I'm going to say Dumbarton. My introduction to football was Panini, all the kids in my class had the stickers even though we were very little and most had never even seen a football match. Dumbarton were in the premier league back then and had an elephant on their badge (and I liked elephants) - I was sold! They were my team and it was their score I wanted to know. I also had a soft spot for Coventry City.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Celtic, as a 10 year old Liverpool supporter they caught my attention in 1977 when we signed Dalglish.

calumhibee1
12-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Always been a Hibs fan. Had a mate who was a Hibs fan when I was about 9 or 10.. Think we beat Celtic and Marc Libbra scored? I got back from the game, went to his house and he told me he was now a Hearts fan. I laughed and then he went away and put the full kit on. He’s no longer my mate :greengrin

erin go bragh
12-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Born a Hibby and will die a Hibby but I do support every team that plays Hearts every week 😜

Nameless
12-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Up until about 12 or 13 I'd have said I was a Rangers "sympathiser", if anything. My grandad was a blue nose, so I loosely followed them because it gave me a bond with him. To be honest, I had no real interest in Scottish football and was far more interested in Everton. I started going to watch Hibs with my mates when I was 15/16, so can say that Hibs are categorically the only team I've ever supported.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
12-09-2018, 07:42 PM
I've managed to convert 2 Rangers Fans (one of whom had parents in the Orange Lodge), 2 Celtc Fans and a Dynamo Dresden Fan to the Hibby side.

I do feel a bit guilty sometimes :wink:

joe t
12-09-2018, 08:13 PM
I know a guy who, as a grown man, gave up supporting rangers and started supporting hearts. A real f*nny’s f*nny. A throbber’s throbber.

Probably the kind of guy who spends the vast majority of his life on his main rivals forum racking up a massive post count and creaming himself that he is undercover.

The reason for the change? Rangers signed Mo Johnston.

Now passes himself off as Mr super jambo..

Absolutely embarrassing.

He’s probably reading this now....

Frazerbob
12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
I was once a Dundee fan, it was May 3rd 1986.

Greenfly
12-09-2018, 08:20 PM
I supported Rangers, Hearts and various others for several years but no one spoke Romany and they wouldn't buy the pegs I'd made so I became a Hibby and have been ever since

HoboHarry
12-09-2018, 08:22 PM
I was once a Dundee fan, it was May 3rd 1986.
That's a remarkable coincidence - I was too that day and I was an Aberdeen fan the following week........

The Green Goblin
12-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Hearts. Followed them religiously as a kid. But after they won the league and cup double in ‘86, then with the world cup double star signings, players like Andy Driver going for £15M and 400k fans coming out of the woodwork, I felt I needed to give someone less famous my support, an underdog, you know? because supporting all those medal winning heroes like Levein and Mackay felt a bit too much like glory hunting. So that was that.

eastterrace
12-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Another HC boy from the 60's here, but a bit further up the age food chain :greengrin

Sorry to add to the other confessors on the thread, as I also was a yam as a child. Not my fault, I was dragged there by an uncle and was forced to endure what has already been described as a midden even way back then. I vaguely remember being at the League decider against Killie... so I have some good memories :greengrin. I stopped going when I was 12 and didn't go to any footy for 3 years until persuaded by school buds along to Easter Road... Hibs v Napoli. The rest is history... 50 years worth :flag:

Very similar to you my dad who was a hearts fan took me to tynecastle that season that Killie won the league. I was at that game as well but all my mates were hibs fans so following season started going to hibs games with my mates and me dad wasn’t to pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twiceinathens
12-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Born in Edinburgh, lived in Inverness between ages of 8 and 18. Always supported Hibs, but from about 10 until leaving secondary school had a season ticket for the Caley part of Caley Thistle. Kids season ticket cost five shillings in old money(25p now)!

ValleyHibee
12-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Hibs are the only team I support but living in Dunfermline for the last ten years I have half heartedly adopted them as my second team in as much as I look out for their results and want them to do well.
I stay couple mins from EEP,Supported Hibs all my days(Thanks Dad),Hardly missed a game at ER last 30 years.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Same as me practically …. The day after Celtic won the European cup a lot of my pals had suddenly become Sellik fans and the 7 year old Nae Nookie bowed to peer pressure and followed suit. I can practically tell you the date and time I decided to start supporting Hibs … the 3rd of May 1975 around 10pm at night as I watched the BBC highlights of Celtic beating Airdrie in the Scottish cup final … at that moment I had an epiphany and realised that not only was I a glory hunter following a team from a city I had utterly no connection to, but I was also a traitor to the city I was and always have been so immensely proud to have been born in …. from that moment I decided that it was Hibs for me and I've never looked back and don't regret it for a single second. I chose Hibs rather than Hearts because I had lived in Leith prior to moving to the Borders and had vague memories of being Hibs minded as I attended Leith Links primary.

Forza Fred
13-09-2018, 01:23 AM
As Lawrie Reilly said...’I was born a Hibee...........”

Austinho
13-09-2018, 03:32 AM
My dad moved from England to the Borders when he was about 5, and randomly chose Hibs. When he met my mum, it was a big coincidence in that part of the world as her side of the family also supported Hibs (except my uncle who was a Jambo, and an ******** for many other reasons). So as fate would have it, I was destined to be a Hibee too.

My dad had a decent trial with Dundee United when they were challenging in Europe, so it could have been a lot different. Football wasn’t as lucrative as it is now.

hibby6270
13-09-2018, 04:00 AM
In a word - nnooooooooooòoooo!!!

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Family were all Hibs fans, so i had no real other options and was taken to Easter Road at a very early age. All my mates were Hibs fans too, living on Easter Road i cant remember knowing anyone other than Hibs supporting mates except one who was a Celtic fan?

Its been painful at times. :greengrin

tynehibs
13-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Same as me practically …. The day after Celtic won the European cup a lot of my pals had suddenly become Sellik fans and the 7 year old Nae Nookie bowed to peer pressure and followed suit. I can practically tell you the date and time I decided to start supporting Hibs … the 3rd of May 1975 around 10pm at night as I watched the BBC highlights of Celtic beating Airdrie in the Scottish cup final … at that moment I had an epiphany and realised that not only was I a glory hunter following a team from a city I had utterly no connection to, but I was also a traitor to the city I was and always have been so immensely proud to have been born in …. from that moment I decided that it was Hibs for me and I've never looked back and don't regret it for a single second. I chose Hibs rather than Hearts because I had lived in Leith prior to moving to the Borders and had vague memories of being Hibs minded as I attended Leith Links primary.

I went to Leith Links primary too(1967-68)and you had to be a hibby to get a game in the 20-30 a siders at break times.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2018, 06:27 AM
My dad's a Hibby, his dad was a Hibby...there was no other option.

Held it against the bugger until 21/05/2016.

One Day
13-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Always been a Hibby, following in fathers, grandfathers & uncles footsteps, born with green blood

Same as myself. Supporting anyone else was never an option

SteveHFC
13-09-2018, 08:03 AM
My dad's a Hibby, his dad was a Hibby...there was no other option.

Held it against the bugger until 21/05/2016.

This.

Allant1981
13-09-2018, 08:03 AM
grew up "supporting" rangers, i say support but had never even seen ibrox never mind seen them play, a mate asked me to go to a Hibs game up in aberdeen and that was me hooked, dunno how as we drew 0-0, 24 years now

Jim44
13-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Back in the early fifties, my dad was a massive Hibby, but as a trawlerman, he missed most matches. My uncle, a huge Jambo fan, used to take me and my cousin to Tynie on Saturdays. I suppose I became a Jambo by default. When my dad got a shore job, he got me on the straight and narrow and I’ve supported Hibs since around 1954.

worcesterhibby
13-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Always been a Hibby, but I have a Rangers Fan to thank for my Hibs allegiance. I think I was about 9 and one of the lads in my class (who was a rangers fan and didn't like me) refused to pair with me in some playground game because he said I was "A Caflick and a Hibs fan". I wasn't a catholic, I actually went to Leith Methodist Church down the same lane as Viccy Baths every Sunday (my mum dragging me along !) but I didn't like him and if being a Hibs fan meant I was the opposite of him, then that was fine. My Dad didn't give a toss about football and refused to take me to games, but I eventually persuaded my Granda to take me when I was 11 (1979).

Bangkok Hibby
13-09-2018, 08:56 AM
When I was younger, I supported Hibs Reserves and went to see them when my ‘big’ team were playing away.

Me too. When I was a laddie it was Easter Road every Saturday. First team or reserves until my Mum let me go to away games.

The Harp Awakes
13-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Sadly I was a Celtic fan as a young kid. It should never have happened. I went to an RC primary school a stone's throw from Easter Road, where all my mates, and almost the entire school were Hibs fans. My Dad was a Hibs fan as well, however my sister who was quite a bit older than me, was a Celtic supporter and she brainwashed me into following Celtic until I was ~7 or 8.

I saw the light after going to a Hibs v Celtic game at Easter Road with my Dad in the 70s. I had my Celtic colours on and he had Hibs colours on but we stood together as you could in those days. Celtic won 3-0 with Dixie Deans scoring a hat trick and I could see my Dad was gutted with the result. I went away from that game thinking, why the hell am I supporting Celtic? I proclaimed to everyone the next day I was a Hibee and have been staunch ever since, and have had a season ticket for 40 consecutive years now. The further good news is my sister started following Hibs soon after me and is also now a massive ever since as well. :flag:

Bostonhibby
13-09-2018, 09:12 AM
My granny bought me a nice looking bible for xmas when I was 6. Nice note written in it, dated, and underneath in childlike handwriting is Hibs for the cup and a big drawing of what looks like the Scottish Cup.Knew we'd do it.

Never supported another team but Hibs started at least then for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
13-09-2018, 09:19 AM

I was at Links Primary from 1960- 1967 ish, never thought of supporting anyone else tho. One of my pals switched from the Hertz to us due to peer pressure.:thumbsup:

hibbie02
13-09-2018, 09:44 AM
My parents came from Saughton and Sighthill, so I could have potentially had a serious problem with my childhood. Fortunately although they had Jambo allegiance, they were not rabid. However when I was about 3, we moved to Windsor Street and I could here the roar from ER when Hibs scored. I therefore grew up desperate to go and see the Hibs and couldn't wait to go and see them. My Dad wouldn't take me and it was my Uncle Billy from Clydebank that finally took me along in about 1969 to watch Hibs v Clyde. The feeling I had climbing to the top of the old East Terrace at that age still makes the hairs stand up on my arms. Then reaching the top and seeing whole ground before me.... my gob was smacked and I will never forget that moment. It was a love story from then on.

I have lived all over England since then and always "supported" the local team Newcastle (Div 2), Brighton (Goldstone), Southampton (Dell), but sadly not impressed with the choices in Essex. First and only football love will always be Hibs.

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Never supported anyone else but my dad is a Rangers fan so like to see them do well except against us of course

McSwanky
13-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Born in Glasgow and lived there till I was 6, never went to any matches but I remember describing myself as a Partick Thistle and St Mirren fan. Quite proud of that as even at that early age, I was having none of the Old Firm rubbish!

Moved through to East Lothian in 1981, and my Dad decided to follow Hibs. First game was Hibs v Thistle (1-1 draw if I remember correctly) and I was most definitely supporting the men in green. The rest is history...

NAE NOOKIE
13-09-2018, 10:05 AM
I was at Links Primary from 1960- 1967 ish, never thought of supporting anyone else tho. One of my pals switched from the Hertz to us due to peer pressure.:thumbsup:

Think I was at Leith Links for about 5 months or so as my family had moved from Kirkliston back into Edinburgh, we lived in Parkvale Place just off the Links and Leith Links is the first school I can remember going to. We moved to the Borders before 1967 was out and my final memory of Leith was having a fight with a guy called Ronnie Simpson on one of the mounds on the links the day before we flitted :greengrin

None of my family were into football so its just as well we didn't stay in Kirkliston, I'm pretty sure it must be Hearts territory and who knows what horrors might have happened :confused:

Smartie
13-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Never supported anyone else but my dad is a Rangers fan so like to see them do well except against us of course

I'm assuming this is a wind-up?

Although to be fair, I've had a couple of West Coast Rangers fans come to Hibs games with me, and they chose to follow Hibs as their team through here whilst they lived in Edinburgh.

An unusual pair of teams to follow, not easily compatible.

Earlydelivery
13-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Was at st ninians lochend in the late 60s early 70s everybodyin the whole school apart from 1 Celtic fan was a Hibby ... so no option really

eezyrider
13-09-2018, 02:33 PM
I've always supported Hibs. I did go to see Meadowbank Thistle when they started and we weren't at home but that was because of the novelty of a 'new' team.
That and I only lived along road from Meadowbank stadium.

EZ

Cabbage East
13-09-2018, 02:33 PM
I'm assuming this is a wind-up?

Although to be fair, I've had a couple of West Coast Rangers fans come to Hibs games with me, and they chose to follow Hibs as their team through here whilst they lived in Edinburgh.

An unusual pair of teams to follow, not easily compatible.

Yeah. It's his thing. Must be fun.

My_Wife_Camille
13-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Yeah. It's his thing. Must be fun.
Person from Scotland has a dad that supports the biggest club in the country. Imagine that!

Smartie
13-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Person from Scotland has a dad that supports the biggest club in the country. Imagine that!

Speaking as someone whose grandfathers both supported Rangers (as they were then known) that is not the part of your post that surprised me.

You like to see them do well against everyone other than us? Really?

Not many folk would say that.

Bristolhibby
13-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Nope. As far as I’m aware I’m a third generation Hibee. My kids are 4th Gen. Even though there is a strong lure down here as my in laws are all Spurs fans.

J

Jim44
13-09-2018, 03:20 PM

You can choose your friends but you can’t choose family.

basehibby
13-09-2018, 03:58 PM
I have always been a Hibby - although there does exist on the interweb a picture of me in a Celtic top :shocked::sick:

There is a story to this though - I was visiting my Uncle Alex in Bermuda who's a Celtic fan. And one day in the dim and distant past my uncle had met the Celtic European Cup winning team off the plane as they stopped in Bermuda on the way to a tour in the USA. He had duly invited them round to his place for a barbecue and it seems that the whole bloody lot of them actually turned up!

The result is a superb set of snaps of the Lisbon Lions lying about pissed in my uncle's living room with my uncle smiling in the background (he'd evidently drunk the lot of them under the table) AND - Billy McNeil the then captain of Celtic left my uncle his training top as a souvenir.

I was suitably impressed by this story and the pictures of the Lisbon Lions in various states of inebriation and agreed to a photo with my uncle and with me with Billy McNeil's top on. To my eternal shame though years later in the age of the internet one of my cousins shared it on Facebook - and it remains there out on the ether to my eternal embarassment :fuming:

where'stheslope
13-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Any of the older guys on here if they're honest would go to Tynecastle when Hibs played away, as back in the 60's it was not easy to get to away games.
You can say we never supported them when we went, but we went out of respect as your friends came to our game the next week.
In my crowd we had 2 Hibs, 1 Hearts, 1 Celtic and 2 Rangers, so you could say with us coming to Easter Road instead of 2 paying at the gate there was 6.
And I still believe that's why we had such big crowds back then!!!

Hibbyradge
13-09-2018, 09:00 PM
I have always been a Hibby - although there does exist on the interweb a picture of me in a Celtic top :shocked::sick:

There is a story to this though - I was visiting my Uncle Alex in Bermuda who's a Celtic fan. And one day in the dim and distant past my uncle had met the Celtic European Cup winning team off the plane as they stopped in Bermuda on the way to a tour in the USA. He had duly invited them round to his place for a barbecue and it seems that the whole bloody lot of them actually turned up!

The result is a superb set of snaps of the Lisbon Lions lying about pissed in my uncle's living room with my uncle smiling in the background (he'd evidently drunk the lot of them under the table) AND - Billy McNeil the then captain of Celtic left my uncle his training top as a souvenir.

I was suitably impressed by this story and the pictures of the Lisbon Lions in various states of inebriation and agreed to a photo with my uncle and with me with Billy McNeil's top on. To my eternal shame though years later in the age of the internet one of my cousins shared it on Facebook - and it remains there out on the ether to my eternal embarassment :fuming:

Oh, that's a great story and nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'd love to see those photos just for the history of it.

gillythehibby
13-09-2018, 09:57 PM

This

Chic Murray
14-09-2018, 11:41 AM
I remember cheering on Aberdeen in the Cup Winners Cup final. The closest I get to supporting another team is if Spartans have a run in the Scottish Cup. Great atmosphere, as the local community comes together. If they ever played Hibs though, I wouldn't have any problem wanting them to lose.

Bangkok Hibby
14-09-2018, 12:34 PM
I lived in Ross-shire for many years. As a firm believer in supporting your local team I encouraged my son to support Ross County (whilst also knowing my love of Hibs) as he was born up there and has lived his whole life there. Unfortunately he joined the huge bandwagon of glory hunting blue noses :confused:

BullsCloseHibs
14-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Grew up in Aberdeen supporting family and I was the only rebel - I remember being pretty upset when they sold Martin Buchan and stomped off to Easter Road and been there ever since...... :greengrin

Don't tell that to The Rangers fans

Chic Murray
14-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Makes me think of the late Jock Wallace.

He used to kid on to his dad that he was going to Easter Road, as a cover for the fact he was heading to watch Rangers.

Role reversal, in a sense.

Hannah_hfc
14-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Never supported another team as such but grew up in Glasgow at a school that was predominantly Huns. 10 years old and said to my dad I wanted to get into football and could he take me to a game at Ibrox. The next weekend I was down at Easter Road with him, got my scarf (that I still take to games to this day) and watched us lose 2 nil to Aberdeen yet that was me hooked on Hibs [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
14-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Same (Hun father) and same for me - Hibs and only Hibs :flag:

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 02:59 PM
It’s interesting reading all these stories. I didn’t expect there to be as many as there has been. Ive always been a hibby so I suppose I expected everyone else to have been the same.

Smartie
14-09-2018, 03:04 PM
It’s interesting reading all these stories. I didn’t expect there to be as many as there has been. Ive always been a hibby so I suppose I expected everyone else to have been the same.

I can't remember where I read this - it might have been in the book "Why England Lose" - but people changing teams is a lot more common than you would think.

Football fans are fickle by nature - they go through spells of intense and unwavering dedication then spells of total indifference. Then you have people who go through spells following one team, then spells following another (for whatever reason).

It's probably why Hibs are as proactive as they are at contacting anyone who hasn't renewed a season ticket - hanging onto your existing fans and adding more is the way to grow a club, and hanging onto the existing fans is the bit that is easiest overlooked.

bigwheel
14-09-2018, 03:06 PM
I'm just waiting to see if there is still anyone who has both Hearts and Hibs season tickets and go to watch both teams....

Since90+2
14-09-2018, 03:06 PM

They possibly were at one point but fortunately for most of us that club died in 2012.

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 03:27 PM
I can't remember where I read this - it might have been in the book "Why England Lose" - but people changing teams is a lot more common than you would think.

Football fans are fickle by nature - they go through spells of intense and unwavering dedication then spells of total indifference. Then you have people who go through spells following one team, then spells following another (for whatever reason).

It's probably why Hibs are as proactive as they are at contacting anyone who hasn't renewed a season ticket - hanging onto your existing fans and adding more is the way to grow a club, and hanging onto the existing fans is the bit that is easiest overlooked.
I understand folk changing their mind as kids, but not as an adult.

Diclonius
14-09-2018, 03:38 PM
On the subject of wanting other teams to do well, my "wee team" are Arbroath given I grew up in Carnoustie (though if Carnoustie Panmure ever join the pyramid my alliance will shiftly shift to them). Now I live down here I want Stenhousemuir to do well (the ground is 10 mins walk away) and to a lesser extent Falkirk (AFTER we were promoted - don't kill me).

DH1875
14-09-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm just waiting to see if there is still anyone who has both Hearts and Hibs season tickets and go to watch both teams....

Not hearts but I do still go to Celtic games from time to time (big European ties and some oldfirm games).

Wakeyhibee
14-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Have always followed Hibs through my Dad's indoctrination. Brought up in England I went to various matches with my friends but never took to any as I did Hibs, (never took to English football like Scottish either). I'm more surprised (and very happy) my son (with Mixu left) has followed suit given its another generation down. He has never succumbed to following the teams in his area, Burnley, Blackburn, Man U, Man City etc...

joe breezy
14-09-2018, 05:10 PM
1970 - 1985 Partick Thistle
1985 - death (TBA) Hibs

Just like having two tidy birds.
That both let you down a lot.
Would love to see Patrick Thistle win something wi my Dad.

Carheenlea
14-09-2018, 05:20 PM
My Dad is a Hibs fan and took me along before as a kid so always been Hibs for me, but I know a guy from school who was Celtic and then decided to change to Rangers at High School. Also know of a Rangers fan who went to quite a few games suddenly change to being a St Johnstone fan when in his 30’s.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Born and bred hibs fan and always will be , Every single member of my family for about a hundred years have bled green , Not a chance was i going to be anything other than a hibs fan , I've never EVER liked another football club on this planet as much as i love the hibs

My kids are exactly the same and so will their kids

Never ever had a fascination with any other club

Nakedmanoncrack
14-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Have supported Hibs, almost since becoming interested in football, never ever had any liking for another club, but must have been reasonably interested in football before starting on my Hibernian journey (40 years ago next month), first aware of football during the Argentina 78 debacle, and I can remember listening on radio when Liverpool played Nottm Forest in a European Cup tie, apparently that was 40 years ago this week, so probably the first club game I can recall. A month later I was taking my seat for first game at Easter Rd, purely by chance it was Hibs at home that week - no family allegiances to direct me. A week later and I would probably have been condemned to a life of Jamboism.

bigwheel
14-09-2018, 07:12 PM
1970 - 1985 Partick Thistle
1985 - death (TBA) Hibs

Just like having two tidy birds.
That both let you down a lot.
Would love to see Patrick Thistle win something wi my Dad.

What made you switch from Thistle to Hibs ?

itslegaltender
14-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Confession time.. I was a Rangers fan till the early 90's so just into my 20's I started to see the light. Living in Edinburgh, didnt really get what the sectarian nonsense there was until I started to learn and it became abhorent to me that I could support a team with such horrendous foundations. Add to that the support of the Union, I turned to the team my Grandad supported. Coming from Balerno, all my pals are Jambos, it would have been easier, but I knew quickly I had made the right decision.

I know you should never change your team etc, but thank Christ I did. Such miserable lows and ultimate highs supporting the Hibees. My son and two daughters, all now in their teens support Hibs. Pride of place in my house is a framed picture of that Sir David Gray moment with my son and I's match tickets with the message "when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, we were there."

Will be a Hibee till I die.

bigwheel
14-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Confession time.. I was a Rangers fan till the early 90's so just into my 20's I started to see the light. Living in Edinburgh, didnt really get what the sectarian nonsense there was until I started to learn and it became abhorent to me that I could support a team with such horrendous foundations. Add to that the support of the Union, I turned to the team my Grandad supported. Coming from Balerno, all my pals are Jambos, it would have been easier, but I knew quickly I had made the right decision.

I know you should never change your team etc, but thank Christ I did. Such miserable lows and ultimate highs supporting the Hibees. My son and two daughters, all now in their teens support Hibs. Pride of place in my house is a framed picture of that Sir David Gray moment with my son and I's match tickets with the message "when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, we were there."

Will be a Hibee till I die.

Fair play for sharing..and can completely
Understand someone growing out of the hateful views of such a club...also impressed you chose us when the dark side would have been an easy choice if that’s where your mates allegiances were ..

[emoji106][emoji119]

Lancs Harp
14-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Being the summer capital of Scotland ...... Blackpool, place of my birth.:wink:

GreenLake
14-09-2018, 08:45 PM
That must feel like you’ve just been to confession!

I just supported who my dad did.

He supported who his dad did.

And so on back to the days prior to WW1.

Dunno if anyone in the family took an interest back in 1875 though!

If I did that I would be a Jambo. I am grateful to have intelligence and a free will.

1875STEVE
14-09-2018, 08:58 PM
I know a guy who, as a grown man, gave up supporting rangers and started supporting hearts. A real f*nny’s f*nny. A throbber’s throbber.

Probably the kind of guy who spends the vast majority of his life on his main rivals forum racking up a massive post count and creaming himself that he is undercover.

Absolutely embarrassing.

You've just described my uncle, apart from the Mo Johnstone bit.

Whenever he tried to give me grief, id threaten to post on facebook one of many pics i have of him growing up in rangers tops and he hates it. :agree:

Now claims to hate the "old firm". :greengrin:greengrin

The Spaceman
14-09-2018, 09:06 PM
I started off life as a Celtic "fan" - was actually my first ever strip. Reason for this was my Dad was a Celtic fan for purely glory-hunting purposes, but him and my Mum were not together and I just ended up following the same team as my old man. My mum then met my Step-Dad (Hibs fan - he used to sponsor us via Calor Gas back in the day!) when I was 9 who took me to my first ever football game, Hibs Vs Aberdeen, and I was hooked ever since/Hibs were instantly my team :thumbsup:

cleanyman
14-09-2018, 09:10 PM
No.

But a lot of ex-Celtic fans in the thread. Such a huge surprise. Shocked me to the core so it did.

Mibbes Aye
14-09-2018, 09:28 PM
No.

But a lot of ex-Celtic fans in the thread. Such a huge surprise. Shocked me to the core so it did.

Easy done.

I started with Hibs, my cousins took me as a primary school child. Got drawn to Celtic in my teens before coming back to Hibs.

i think when you are young and searching for your identity it’s very easy to make choices you later revert from.

I think there is rightly a resentment amongst us to being viewed as ‘cousins’ by Celtic fans, with all the sense of being patronised. I also think there’s a few of us who supported them at some stage, for whatever reason.

Clarence
14-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Maybe there are some fans who suddenly found them self without a club and started supporting Hibs in 2012.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-09-2018, 10:01 PM

Absolutely embarrassing.

The other side of that coin is a pal of mine who grew up in the Weedge as a Rangers man, moved to the Ferry, married a good Hibs girl with a good Hibs dad.

Now he's a good Hibs man with a couple of fine Hibs daughters.

There is hope! :greengrin

darwenhibby
14-09-2018, 10:03 PM
No wonder the average gate has increased with all these ex Tim’s and Huns now supporting Hibs
I know one guy who was a Dunfermline supporter and now supports Hibs
Another guy a hun from the pans but now such a big hibby he has an app for Hibs fans down south
End of the day good for them
But nothing compared to us born n bred hibbys
GTTGH🇳🇬🇳🇬

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Grew up in West Lothian and my parents were hell-bent on me not being dragged into the Rangers/Celtc nonsense. My dad wasn't a football fan per se (other than a general love of the game), nor was my mum - dad's family were catholic and mostly Celtc fans, whilst my mum's side are all protestant and either Hearts/Rangers fans.

My dad was involved in the development of Almondvale, so he took me to watch Livingston when they appeared in 95. Followed them home and away until I went to University. Got utterly scunnered after the 2nd administration and all of the off-field garbage, including the screwing over of local businesses. It was then that a friend took me along to Easter Road and I enjoyed football again for the first time in a while.

So you’re a Livingston fan then surely?

DstN75
14-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Moved up to Scotland in my teens and kind of flirted with the Di Canio/Cadete Celtic for half a season. Then went to see Hibs and that was that.

pacoluna
14-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Couple of well established users who are never off this forum coming out as ex celtic/yam supporters :cb:cb. The less vocal posters amongst us on this forum I'm willing to bet are the hibees from birth.:wink:

DstN75
14-09-2018, 11:54 PM
Couple of well established users who are never off this forum coming out as ex celtic/yam supporters :cb:cb. The less vocal posters amongst us on this forum I'm willing to bet are the hibees from birth.:wink:

The zeal of the converted...

But to be honest it's not really worth questioning people's loyalties, staunchness, whatever you want to call it. If the only people who ought to be hibs fans are guys from Leith with three generations of hibs support behind them then you'd have about six people at the games.

BoltonHibee
15-09-2018, 05:50 AM
No wonder the average gate has increased with all these ex Tim’s and Huns now supporting Hibs
Another guy a hun from the pans but now such a big hibby he has an app for Hibs fans down south
GTTGH[emoji1184][emoji1184]

Put your rod away [emoji23]

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 06:53 AM

Was a jambo up until I was ten because I lived in Gorgie. I have hardly missed a home game in fifty years plus loads of away games and most of the cup games add in all the semi finals plus all the finals.
I would still watch the odd home game at Tinycastle up until 1990 since then I will not even give them the money to watch my beloved HIBS. I have probably watched HIBS more times than you have had hot dinners and could tell you anything you want to know about hibs and have probably forgotten more than you know. I note that you only joined dot.net in February 2016 only three months before we ended 114 years of hurt that tells a story in itself :scarf:

Eyrie
15-09-2018, 07:08 AM

The clue is in the thread title.

I haven't replied before now because I have nothing to offer beyond a vague interest in Stirling Albion when I was at uni there, which isn't the same as supporting them.

PatHead
15-09-2018, 07:41 AM
My brothers are all Arabs due to my grandad coming from Dundee. One is particularly involved with them.

As we came from the east side of Edinburgh and my grandma being Mick Whelahan’s niece, I followed the Hibs.

Do take an interest in Dundee Utd games and have seen them win the league as well as some great European nights which was mainly down to me being the only brother with a car at the time!

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2018, 07:53 AM
GTTGH🇳🇬🇳🇬

Put your rod away [emoji23]

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
15-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Maybe there are some fans who suddenly found them self without a club and started supporting Hibs in 2012.The sort of creature that limply walked away and let their club die?

Not welcome here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bangkok Hibby
15-09-2018, 09:16 AM

Absolutely embarrassing.

I know a guy who shut down his Rangers supporters branch and put the bus off the road because they signed Mo Johnston. But continued to **** his Catholic wife. A bitter, twisted *****er of the highest order.

James70
15-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Up to the age of 10 I didn't really support any senior side. However my Grandparents lived in Dundee and my Grandad would often take me to see whichever of the Dundee teams were playing at home. I have fond memories of Dundee winning the league in the early 60s and 20 years later Dundee Utd emulating their achievement.

My family moved to Manchester when I was 10 and most of my school pals were United supporters so I started supporting them eventually going to Old Trafford regularly through the mid 60s. Returning to Scotland in 1968 I couldn't decide who to support but after going to matches at Tynecastle and Easter Road I realised that it was a no brainer and made Hibs my team.

RecobasUncle
15-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Used to support Aberdeen when I lived there and some of my family supported them. Also they beat Real Madrid once and will never let anyone forget.

Kinda lost interest when they didn't want to build or refurbish the stadium in, you know actually Aberdeen itself.

Then moved to Leith and saw the light, kinda literally cos the stadiums' pretty close by.

pacoluna
15-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Was a jambo up until I was ten because I lived in Gorgie. I have hardly missed a home game in fifty years plus loads of away games and most of the cup games add in all the semi finals plus all the finals.
I would still watch the odd home game at Tinycastle up until 1990 since then I will not even give them the money to watch my beloved HIBS. I have probably watched HIBS more times than you have had hot dinners and could tell you anything you want to know about hibs and have probably forgotten more than you know. I note that you only joined dot.net in February 2016 only three months before we ended 114 years of hurt that tells a story in itself :scarf:

Because all hibs fans are on this forum ofcourse.

jakedance
15-09-2018, 11:57 AM
When I was wee I supported the great Liverpool team of the early/mid 80’s. The first match my dad took me too was Hearts v Falkirk but some kid was mean to me because I didn’t have any Hearts gear and I didn’t take to the scarf twirling nonsense so I developed an immediate and lifelong dislike to them. My first Hibs match was a 5-2 (I think) win against St Mirren with Mickey Weir running the show.

joe breezy
15-09-2018, 01:06 PM
What made you switch from Thistle to Hibs ?

My laptop has autocorrect and typed Patrick I see, argh.

I wanted to go to games with my pals and I lived in Edinburgh since I was 6 year old after 4 years in East Kilbride. Loved Thistle but wanted to go games with pals rather than just my Dad.
When we moved to Edinburgh in 1976 my Dad took me to a Hearts game to see if I'd support them but I ended up cheering on Clydebank.
Still go to Thistle games with my Dad when I can though. And I was even in the Thistle end at Hibs v Thistle last season.

My coolest pals were all Hibs of course. I've always hated sectarianism and a lot of the Hearts fans I knew were racist and bigoted.
Not all of them but was quite prevalent.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Because all hibs fans are on this forum ofcourse.

Yeah, certainly helps if you read the title of the thread before prejudging fellow HIBS fans that are probably better qualified more committed and more loyal than you and are probably more entitled to call themselves HIBS fans the only error they have have made is publicly admitting on HIBS.net that their allegiance was elsewhere until realising the error of their ways.
😁
GGTTH

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 01:19 PM

:faf:

I chose to support Hibs.

You didn't.

:na na:

pacoluna
15-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Yeah, certainly helps if you read the title of the thread before prejudging fellow HIBS fans that are probably better qualified more committed and more loyal than you and are probably more entitled to call themselves HIBS fans the only error they have have made is publicly admitting on HIBS.net that their allegiance was elsewhere until realising the error of their ways.
😁
GGTTH
Aye you may question my loyalty, my commitment, I can't prove or disprove on this but you can never question how many teams I've supported.

Hibs my one and only true love from birth to death. :wink:

Pretty Boy
15-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Aye you may question my loyalty, my commitment, I can't prove or disprove on this but you can never question how many teams I've supported.

Do you want a medal?

You probably fall into the same category as a huge percentage of our fan base but really who cares? If someone chooses to support Hibs at 10, 20, 30 or whatever they are still a Hibs fan and their commitment and loyalty starts then rather than being judged as some imagined hereditary birthright.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Based on that stupid logic wonder how my Mrs feels as I was married before ? Oh and she is a Jambo not that that matters.

😂

pacoluna
15-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Do you want a medal?

You probably fall into the same category as a huge percentage of our fan base but really who cares? If someone chooses to support Hibs at 10, 20, 30 or whatever they are still a Hibs fan and their commitment and loyalty starts then rather than being judged as some imagined hereditary birthright.

Jesus you hard netters are easy to reel in:na na:

Having Said that, I applaud them for coming out.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Jesus you hard netters are easy to reel in:na na:

Having Said that, I applaud them for coming out.

Aah the classic I've made a bit of a tit of myself so I'll say I was joking/fishing defence.

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2018, 04:18 PM
"Supported" Alloa Athletic for a couple of years when I was younger. Used to go watch them home and away when I was 11/12. It wasn't until my uncle convinced me to get a Kid's season ticket that I got right into Hibs properly.

pacoluna
15-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Aah the classic I've made a bit of a tit of myself so I'll say I was joking/fishing defence.

I'm maybe a tit but I've never been a celtic/yam or any other club supporter :wink:

15-09-2018, 05:38 PM
I supported liverpool because I like fernando torres hair hehe

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 07:13 PM
I'm maybe a tit but I've never been a celtic/yam or any other club supporter :wink:
Every support has their fair share of ********s and tits but you are talking about a pure race and we don’t want to go down that again! :confused:

pacoluna
15-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Every support has their fair share of ********s and tits but you are talking about a pure race and we don’t want to go down that again! :confused:

What?

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 07:19 PM
What?
I know !

You done me like a kipper

Was just sticking the line oot but fair play

We are all hibbies together time to move on

:faf:

marinello59
15-09-2018, 07:33 PM
I’m not going to make a final decision about who I support until I grow up.

lord bunberry
15-09-2018, 07:46 PM
So never then :greengrin

majorhibs
15-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Ridiculousness, try harder in future.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 10:59 PM

So you only started supporting Hibs in 2009 after Livingston went into administration again? Who were you supporting 2 weeks ago? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:00 PM
I'm hearts through and through.

Aw 5hit, wrong forum!!!! :greengrin :taxi

SRHibs
15-09-2018, 11:11 PM

Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes too?

DH1875
15-09-2018, 11:12 PM
So you only started supporting Hibs in 2009 after Livingston went into administration again? Who were you supporting 2 weeks ago? :greengrin

Don't worry, its not only football (soccer) where he's confused :tee hee:.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Don't worry, its not only football (soccer) where he's confused :tee hee:.

He must have been in Livingston end in the 2004 final! :bitchy:

Pete
15-09-2018, 11:37 PM
Trying to imagine what this thread would be like on an old firm forum.

"My Dad used to take me to watch Dundee but they kept losing so Celtic was the obvious choice for me. Lots more trophies this way"

"Supporting Morton was rubbish because everyone used to take the piss out of me and I had no comeback, especially if they supported one of the old firm. If you can't beat them, join them...I now have lots of people I can blend in with"

"I used to like Falkirk but since I have identity issues and am a little bit racist, Rangers found a place in my heart. They win more matches too and I get to feel like part of my local community by attending the odd semi final that Falkirk get to. WATP FTP fir God and Ulster"

pacoluna
16-09-2018, 05:25 AM
Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes too?

No, green eyes.

pacoluna
16-09-2018, 05:31 AM

Your 100% a regular kick back viewer.

marinello59
16-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Your 100% a regular kick back viewer.

:faf::faf::faf:

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 07:11 AM

Neither have I.

And my Grandad played for Hibs over 250 times so that makes me a bigger Hibs fan than you. If a direct blood relative hasn't worn the green and white you just don't qualify as far as I'm concerned and should piss off to Tynecastle where you belong.

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Neither have I.

And my Grandad played for Hibs over 250 times so that makes me a bigger Hibs fan than you. If a direct blood relative hasn't worn the green and white you just don't qualify as far as I'm concerned and should piss off to Tynecastle where you belong.

Nice one PB...care to share who your Grandad is??

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:30 AM
This is actually a more interesting thread than I expected it to be....not the petty trolling posts...I'm ignoring them, but the back stories...I don't care how people came to be a Hibee , just delighted they got there.

My family grew up in little Ireland and then Leith, so there was never going to be any other team for me

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Nice one PB...care to share who your Grandad is??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_McClelland_(Scottish_footballer)

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Cheers PB..that's cool...my old man talked about him...."some tackler, hard as nails" was his summary iirc....

Keith_M
16-09-2018, 08:11 AM

I think we'd all sussed that, but decent of you to finally confirm it.

:wink:

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Celtic until I was 15 and then Hibs ever since.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2018, 08:52 AM

:not worth

Hermit Crab
16-09-2018, 04:59 PM
I think we'd all sussed that, but decent of you to finally confirm it.

:wink:

The only Hearts fan at ER yesterday. :greengrin

majorhibs
16-09-2018, 07:35 PM
The only Hearts fan at ER yesterday. :greengrin

If I had an obsession with the poppy theives like you obv. do, I’d be a ?

majorhibs
16-09-2018, 07:38 PM

How anyone could use this as depreciating humour, but obv. much much mair at play here, from afar, this poster is not right.

Lancs Harp
16-09-2018, 07:56 PM
How anyone could use this as depreciating humour, but obv. much much mair at play here, from afar, this poster is not right.

You'd need a very hot bath scrubbing brush and a full tube of veet at the very least.

majorhibs
16-09-2018, 08:03 PM
You'd need a very hot bath scrubbing brush and a full tube of veet at the very least.

Nah, conscience clear, nae poppy theivery here!