PDA

View Full Version : Team for Killie

we are hibs
12-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Far more options now we have another 5 Available. Lennon hinted their might be a shake up so wonder if we will drop the 3 at the back and go with 4.

Bogdan
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Horgan
Mallan
Milligan
Boyle

Kamberi
Maclaren

Don't think it will be that but I would like to see it. Think we are more likely to see efe instead of McGregor if we go with 4 though.

makaveli1875
12-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Hanlon
Efe
Stevenson

Milligan

Agyepong
Horgan
Mallan

McLaren
Kamberi/Allan

J-C
12-09-2018, 10:14 AM
4-2-3-1

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

B.H.F.C
12-09-2018, 10:34 AM
4-2-3-1

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

That'd be my team. Only question mark would be over Slivka but there is no other outstanding candidate for that poisition at the moment.

kiwihibby
12-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Really feel we have to find a place for Porteous. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he came into the team. Personally think he is a better choice than Ambrose or Slivka. OMO

The_Horde
12-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Really feel we have to find a place for Porteous. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he came into the team. Personally think he is a better choice than Ambrose or Slivka. OMO

Think it's time he had a rest. Was very poor against livi.

makaveli1875
12-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Think it's time he had a rest. Was very poor against livi.

He was immense for the Scotland under 21's both games , played the full 90 and didnt look like he needed a rest at all .

hfc rd
12-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan
Agyepong

Kamberi

superfurryhibby
12-09-2018, 11:22 AM
I think Milligan must play if fit. would be looking at resting Mallan. Good free kicks, but not convinced by his overall game so far. He may offer more further forward in the midfield than he has been playing.

ancient hibee
12-09-2018, 11:39 AM
I think Milligan must play if fit. would be looking at resting Mallan. Good free kicks, but not convinced by his overall game so far. He may offer more further forward in the midfield than he has been playing.
Think Mallan needs to play games,he has played only a handful over the last year.

danhibees1875
12-09-2018, 12:48 PM
4-2-3-1

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

I like that. :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
13-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Bogdan

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

ryantaylor
13-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Lets be honest we need two up front and to go through the whole window demanding hibs sign Maclaren again and seeing people not have him in their lineup is baffling.

Bogdan
Gray
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

Stuart93
13-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Lets be honest we need two up front and to go through the whole window demanding hibs sign Maclaren again and seeing people not have him in their lineup is baffling.

Bogdan
Gray
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

Think we'd be on the back foot straight away playing with 10 men

ryantaylor
13-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Think we'd be on the back foot straight away playing with 10 men

Hahah fair play Edited now and left out Boyle

J-C
13-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Bogdan
Gray
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

This was before Lennon decided to add 4 attacking midfielders with Boyle added to the mix. To play 2 up top you either go 3 at the back or 4-4-2 which means a lot of work for the 2 in the middle. Milligan should add the steel and energy but been disappointed so far with Slivka, just not pushed on.

Johnny_Leith
13-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Milligan

Boyle
Horgan
Agyepong

Kamberi

Or

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Lewis

MacLaren
Kamberi or Porteous/Allan

Onceinawhile
13-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Lewis

MacLaren
Kamberi or Porteous/Allan

Porteous up top?

scoopyboy
13-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Interesting that a lot of selections have left out Efe Ambrose.

I'm not sure if I would play him or not but according to some members of staff he is undroppable.

Don't think he has been dropped since he signed, but could be wrong.

BT58
13-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Is Kamberi back from his trip home ??

Smartie
13-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Interesting that a lot of selections have left out Efe Ambrose.

I'm not sure if I would play him or not but according to some members of staff he is undroppable.

Don't think he has been dropped since he signed, but could be wrong.

I don't think any centre-back pairing suits Ambrose - playing the three at the back suits him, but disadvantages a number of other players.

Boyle and Gray are big players for us, and it is a challenge to get them both in the team as well as Ambrose.

I think it is more to do with the difficulty we have accommodating all of our good players rather than anyone having that much of an issue with Ambrose. Whilst we're trying to accommodate all of our good players, it is fair to acknowledge that Ambrose has had a poorer start to the season than several others. It would be a big call to leave out Gray or Boyle, or to soldier on with our dodgy midfield but have a team built to accommodate a player who has already cost us a lot of goals this season.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2018, 11:44 AM
Is it not also fair to say that Ambrose has always been fit and available for selection, whilst our other centre halfs have not?

Genuine question, can't remember him being injured or suspended. McGregor and Porteous have had their injury problems.

Lennon called out his mistakes publicly after the Ross County game, so he's not blind to them.

Stuart93
13-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Is Kamberi back from his trip home ??

At training today

lord bunberry
13-09-2018, 12:43 PM
I think we might see a bit more from Mallan if Milligan or Bartley are in behind him. He looked much more effective at the start of the season when McGinn or Bartley were playing.
Maybe we’ll see Milligan and Bartley starting.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Mallan was saying the other day that he's only just getting up to speed after playing hardly any football last year, so would be pretty crazy to rest him.

Milligan will allow him to really shine I think.

JimBHibees
13-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Mallan was saying the other day that he's only just getting up to speed after playing hardly any football last year, so would be pretty crazy to rest him.

Milligan will allow him to really shine I think.

Agree no way we should be dropping Mallan he gives us a real threat in terms of shooting from distance and set pieces. Personally want to see Hyndman really kick on in the next month or so expected a little more from him.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Agree no way we should be dropping Mallan he gives us a real threat in terms of shooting from distance and set pieces. Personally want to see Hyndman really kick on in the next month or so expected a little more from him.

Agree Jim. We have been unfortunate in that Kamberi's ability to take the ball in and draw fouls (alongside his many other abilities) has been lost the last few games, as I can't remember the last time that we had a free kick within shooting range. Mallan's ability within 30 yards of goal is huge for us, and so hard for teams to defend against - having him play ten yards further forward will be a big help, and Milligan should allow that.

Totally agree re: Hyndman - looked really promising at the start, but little seen since.

superfurryhibby
13-09-2018, 05:08 PM

He does, but I also see a player who needs to stop giving* away the ball cheaply and generally start imposing himself more on the game. So far, Hyndman has offerred very little, albeit not much game time.

Not saying Mallan isn’t going to improve, but he’s far from being a stick on for selection.

Smartie
13-09-2018, 05:18 PM
I don't think we're far off being an excellent side, a bit like the first half of last season. We weren't quite there and needed a tweak in January to make us an excellent side.

Kamberi is a massive player for us and getting him fit and able to contribute again is the most important factor.

The second is getting the midfield right. There is a huge weight of expectation on Milligan's shoulders, hopefully he is the player we've been looking for in there.

These two players will help us see a whole lot more from the likes of Mallan and Hyndman.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Porteous up top?

Throwing it into the mix for last 15mins maybe.

tonyrougier123
14-09-2018, 12:01 AM
____________bogdan_______________
____ambrose_mcgregor_hanlon______
Gray_________________stevenson___
___________milligan______________
___boyle____horgan__agyepong_____
___________kamberi_______________

Horgan just behind flo,squirrel and agyepong free to switch it about and drift inn centrally.milligan able to plug any gaps efe might leave drifting forward on the right side.I think dave gray would appreciate that.

Speedway
14-09-2018, 02:51 AM
4-2-3-1

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

What if we went with that but playing Ambrose where you’ve got Slivka?

Up The Bracket
14-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Bogdan

Porteous
Hanlon
Efe

Gray
Mallan
Milligan
Stevenson

Boyle
MacLaren/Kamberi
Horgan

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Bogdan

Sir David
Ambrose
Hanlon
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Kamberi
Mclaren

HibeeDaz6270
14-09-2018, 10:29 AM
No chance, Ambrose is never a central midfielder.
Right back / centre half for ambrose only for me.

I dont quite understand why Slivka gets so little game time to be honest, at times he is a step ahead of others. He has sides of his game to improve, but would always be in my 11.

BlackSheep
14-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Porteus
Ambrose

Stevenson
Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Kamberi
MacLaren

Unfortunate to drop Gray but he is returning from injury.

I can see Gray featuring if Kamberi/MacLaren need o come off, Same with Agyepong coming on for Boyle/Stevenson, or of Stevenson gets moved back to replace a defender going off and Agyepong on the left.

This starting 11 is our strongest IMHO.

If we went 442 I would go for:-

Bogdan

Stevenson
Hanlon
Porteus
Gray

Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Kamberi
MacLaren

With a full squad to choose from we have plenty of options.

Stuart93
14-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Porteus
Ambrose

Stevenson
Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Kamberi
MacLaren

Unfortunate to drop Gray but he is returning from injury.

I can see Gray featuring if Kamberi/MacLaren need o come off, Same with Agyepong coming on for Boyle/Stevenson, or of Stevenson gets moved back to replace a defender going off and Agyepong on the left.

This starting 11 is our strongest IMHO.

If we went 442 I would go for:-

Bogdan

Stevenson
Hanlon
Porteus
Gray

Horgan
Milligan
Mallan
Boyle

Kamberi
MacLaren

With a full squad to choose from we have plenty of options.

Minus hanlon. Injured.

J-C
14-09-2018, 05:52 PM

I've said for long enough that I'm no fan of Efe as a defender as he switches off too much and gets caught out positionally, I also think he'd be a top DM, is still a decent defender but is also a good ball players, so yes put him in instead of Slivka.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Take it Kamberi is back then ?

Ronniekirk
14-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Minus hanlon. Injured.

Is he Defo out or just Doubtfull If out that's a blow as we are chopping and Changing and that doesn't help keep clean sheets
So alreadybthis Season that's Haon McGregor and Grsy been out the team injured and if memory serves me right they have all missed games with injury at some point over the past few Seasons
Just as well Porteous has had more game time and Stevenson is Super Fitt and rarely out injured

Stuart93
14-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Is he Defo out or just Doubtfull If out that's a blow as we are chopping and Changing and that doesn't help keep clean sheets
So alreadybthis Season that's Haon McGregor and Grsy been out the team injured and if memory serves me right they have all missed games with injury at some point over the past few Seasons
Just as well Porteous has had more game time and Stevenson is Super Fitt and rarely out injured

Lennon confirmed

Ronniekirk
14-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Take it Kamberi is back then ?

Back Training and in the Squad so assume he will play a part at some point Clearly not match fit so big decision whether he plays from the start Or comes off Bench
But if medical team feel there is no risk of a set back then he needs game time so start him and see how long he can stay on

Ronniekirk
14-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Lennon confirmed

Cheers Pity

Inconsequential
14-09-2018, 06:53 PM
I've said for long enough that I'm no fan of Efe as a defender as he switches off too much and gets caught out positionally, I also think he'd be a top DM, is still a decent defender but is also a good ball players, so yes put him in instead of Slivka. I too think Efe could be a first class DM. He reminds me a lot of Sol Bamba another defender who came with a bit of a bombscare reputation but played midfield for Hibs. But what do I know? Iirc Efe was not originally a defender.

Speedy
14-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Bogdan

Gray Porteous Efe Stevenson

Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan

Kamberi Maclaren

erin go bragh
15-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Bogdan

Gray

Effe
Porteous