PDA

View Full Version : and so on to Killie game

bigwheel
11-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Glad that we are now heading out of the international break towards the Killie game. Big game for us. We are at home, need to start building some momentum if we are wanting to challenge for the top 2-4 in the league . Won't be easy. A few of our boys won't get back until tomorrow after the 21s (Mallan, Porteous, Shaw). Killie have some good players - Boyd, Jones, (both always do well against us) O'Donnell (full international) etc..Think it will be a hard game - get a win and we are back on track, lose and we will be seen as under-performing...

How are people feeling about this? Confident?

B.H.F.C
11-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Hopefully the international break has helped us in terms of injuries. Europe is long gone so no excuses now, we just need to start winning

Hopefully Lennon has worked out what he wants to do with the team during the break and we see an improved performance.

JimboHibs
11-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Hopefully the international break has helped us in terms of injuries. Europe is long gone so no excuses now, we just need to start winning

Hopefully Lennon has worked out what he wants to do with the team during the break and we see an improved performance.

Excuses ? Has Lennon used Europe as an excuse.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Excuses ? Has Lennon used Europe as an excuse.

I think it’s fair to say that our poor start in the league has been attributed to our involvement in Europe. Perhaps more on here than Lennon coming out and saying it. But it’s pretty obvious that it did affect us. We should have a clean slate after the break and be good to go, that’s all I’m getting at.

SirDavidsNapper
11-09-2018, 09:22 AM
So glad were back to the real thing this weekend. A win on Saturday could set us off on a good run. I expect ourselves and Aberdeen to really push on now. Will be tough against Killie but at home and with a few bodies back i think we'll win.

bigwheel
11-09-2018, 09:25 AM
I think it’s fair to say that our poor start in the league has been attributed to our involvement in Europe. Perhaps more on here than Lennon coming out and saying it. But it’s pretty obvious that it did affect us. We should have a clean slate after the break and be good to go, that’s all I’m getting at.

do you think so? I would have thought it was much more to do with Barker, Allan, Mcgeough, McGinn leaving and us having to create a new way of working, understanding and consistency with a different 11 players...Wouldnt say Europe was the factor, more the fact that we had group that were bonded, together, knew each other and how we played..and now we have a completely different set from midfield forward..

That said, I agree that it would be good to see some better understanding in the league games coming up - I think the team need 6-8 games more together to give us a chance to see them at their best...then we can start to judge the team/squad

MyJo
11-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Poor start to the league?

we've had one bad result out of 4 games.

Victory against Motherwell and draws against St Johnstone and Aberdeen are equal or better results than we achieved against those teams last season.

We've also lost one European match out of six and got to the quarter final of the league cup.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Poor start to the league?

we've had one bad result out of 4 games.

Victory against Motherwell and draws against St Johnstone and Aberdeen are equal or better results than we achieved against those teams last season.

We've also lost one European match out of six and got to the quarter final of the league cup.

We’ve got 5 points from 12. Dress it up however you want, it’s a poor return.

The chances we missed against St Johnstone and the way we controlled the Aberdeen game made them two points dropped rather than one gained.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2018, 09:46 AM
do you think so? I would have thought it was much more to do with Barker, Allan, Mcgeough, McGinn leaving and us having to create a new way of working, understanding and consistency with a different 11 players...Wouldnt say Europe was the factor, more the fact that we had group that were bonded, together, knew each other and how we played..and now we have a completely different set from midfield forward..

That said, I agree that it would be good to see some better understanding in the league games coming up - I think the team need 6-8 games more together to give us a chance to see them at their best...then we can start to judge the team/squad

I do think Europe impacted on us, Kamberi hasn’t started a league game for instance as we were trying to nurse him through European games. I think he makes a huge difference to the team once fit.

Obviously the players we have lost have had an impact on us. We’ve signed some decent replacements, just not like for like, and once we find a way of playing I think we’ll be fine. Lennon alluded to it after the Livingston game when he mentioned finding a style of play to suit them etc.

bigwheel
11-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I do think Europe impacted on us, Kamberi hasn’t started a league game for instance as we were trying to nurse him through European games. I think he makes a huge difference to the team once fit.

Obviously the players we have lost have had an impact on us. We’ve signed some decent replacements, just not like for like, and once we find a way of playing I think we’ll be fine. Lennon alluded to it after the Livingston game when he mentioned finding a style of play to suit them etc.

think that is fair....also think it will take a couple of months to really get firing and consistent.. The players we lost were not just used to playing with each other , they were also good friends off the park - gave us a real togetherness..need a bit of time to rebuild that stuff.

Bangkok Hibby
11-09-2018, 09:55 AM
We could easily be sitting on 9 points now if we'd turned our superiority against St Johnstone and Aberdeen into goals. The fact we're not is disappointing but there's real reason to be confident of a good showing from now. Without trying to be disrespectful Kilmarnock, Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton next are all doable. A good run here will have confidence in the squad high, before the real tests start against the teams we will be fighting with at the end of the season for the top four places.

bigwheel
11-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Think Killie will be a tough game - when on form they are a good side and they have had a mixed start themselves ...so will be wanting to get their season up and running too

JimBHibees
11-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Think Killie will be a tough game - when on form they are a good side and they have had a mixed start themselves ...so will be wanting to get their season up and running too

They had a good win at Aberdeen last time out though given they were helped by playing 10 men for almost all the game. They will be as stuffy as ever.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-09-2018, 02:55 PM
We’ve got 5 points from 12. Dress it up however you want, it’s a poor return.

The chances we missed against St Johnstone and the way we controlled the Aberdeen game made them two points dropped rather than one gained.

It’s also a better start than this time last year.

Johnny_Leith
11-09-2018, 03:01 PM
It’s also a better start than this time last year.

It's not a better start than last year. We won our first two games of the season against Partick and the huns, before being beaten by Hamilton at home and then drawing away at dundee? So 7 out of 12.

However it is a point gained on our respective first fixtures of the season Vs saints and Aberdeen, coincidentally at McDiarmid and Easter road.

houstonhibbee
11-09-2018, 04:42 PM
It's not a better start than last year. We won our first two games of the season against Partick and the huns, before being beaten by Hamilton at home and then drawing away at dundee? So 7 out of 12.

However it is a point gained on our respective first fixtures of the season Vs saints and Aberdeen, coincidentally at McDiarmid and Easter road.

I think only after the first round of games can we truly compare this season with last. It will always be difficult to get a good start if the squad is changed significantly each season. Hopefully our reliance on one year loanees will reduce as we increase permanent players on long term contracts and reduce the churn. As a few have said if we had been able to keep last seasons squad intact we would have had a good shout at a run for the title this season.....

Johnny_Leith
11-09-2018, 08:58 PM
I think only after the first round of games can we truly compare this season with last. It will always be difficult to get a good start if the squad is changed significantly each season. Hopefully our reliance on one year loanees will reduce as we increase permanent players on long term contracts and reduce the churn. As a few have said if we had been able to keep last seasons squad intact we would have had a good shout at a run for the title this season.....

Totally agree 👍 few of the new lads bedding in, I'm not worried about us. Top 4 again. Hopefully a cup final.

Turkish Green
12-09-2018, 02:12 AM
Killie will be a difficult game but it is at home. It would be a different proposition if it was at Rugby Park.

i expect us to win.

AlbertK86
13-09-2018, 06:35 AM
Hopefully as good as the last game v Killie at ER when we won 5-3. Will settle for a win of whatever nature as we are still finding our feet after losing SJM, Dylan and Scotty A.

Was always going to be a monumental task to bring in anywhere near that quality.

A lot will depend of Kamberi being fit.

Shaw not physically strong enough to play main striker role and from watching Lewis Allan in the reserve derby I don’t think he is the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk