PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Scotland v Albania

Pages : 1 [2]

SquashedFrogg
10-09-2018, 08:48 PM
No wasn't meaning yourself mate indeed big game now for the Hibees on Sat need a big performance on Sat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know mate. It's all good.

Feeling (hoping) we will get a big performance. Boys will be fired up.

Borderhibbie76
10-09-2018, 08:49 PM
I know mate. It's all good.

Feeling (hoping) we will get a big performance. Boys will be fired up.We normally bounce back well after a disappointment under Lenny so fingers crossed

SteveHFC
10-09-2018, 08:49 PM
That team is a joke.

Naismith who’s been here and done it before over our best striker avaiable.

Gonna be a long 90 minutes at hampden.

I’ll take back what I said about Naismith 👀

B.H.F.C
10-09-2018, 08:50 PM
His performances for hearts and Scotland suggest he’s definitely not finished. It’s not difficult, for all he’s a nasty wee Jambo twat ;)

Agree. Said when they got him back he’d do all right for them. He wasn’t fit when he signed for them in January but their rare decent performances/wins in the latter part of the season usually coincided with him doing well.

He’s a prick but he’s still more than capable of doing well in our league.

Lago
10-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Not had a lot of football this season, an injury the sitting on the Celtic bench.
Looks to be carrying a few pounds too many to me.

Borderhibbie76
10-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Agree. Said when they got him back he’d do all right for them. He wasn’t fit when he signed for them in January but their rare decent performances/wins in the latter part of the season usually coincided with him doing well.

He’s a prick but he’s still more than capable of doing well in our league.Yup my thoughts exactly...both about his ability and my dislike for the wee runt lol :)

Gordy M
10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Come on...he's started the season extremely well...take the Hibs tinted specs off for a minute mate...he's been instrumental in them winning all their 4 matches in league and played well tonight. I personally can't stand him but he's playing well so far...whether he keeps it up we shall see but he's obviously a lot fitter than he was last season. Don't see the point in lying to ourselves

Lets be clear, im not saying he is finished....i just think he is rubbish. Thats my opinion. Lets put our hibs glasses on for a minute......do you think that if any hibs player had played like he did from Jan to May on a reputed 8k a week would be getting the same plaudits Naismith is?? Seems like folk cannot wait to praise him after they realised he was so poor last season.

Pete
10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
I can't believe people are suggesting that Naismith is finished.

He's clearly Scottish.

bigwheel
10-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Lets be clear, im not saying he is finished....i just think he is rubbish. Thats my opinion. Lets put our hibs glasses on for a minute......do you think that if any hibs player had played like he did from Jan to May on a reputed 8k a week would be getting the same plaudits Naismith is?? Seems like folk cannot wait to praise him after they realised he was so poor last season.

He wasn't fit...he has now had a good pre-season...only 31 years old...think he is still a very good player..a real menace on the pitch. I'll predict he will get 20 goals this season, and be one of the performing players in the league...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
10-09-2018, 08:56 PM
We played Albania tonight folks. Let's not get too excited by Naismith.

Happy to be proved wrong but I think he will fizzle out quite quickly.

Gordy M
10-09-2018, 08:57 PM
He wasn't fit...he has now had a good pre-season...only 31 years old...think he is still a very good player..a real menace on the pitch. I'll predict he will get 20 goals this season, and be one of the performing players in the league...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well we will agree to disagree....im glad he scored this evening but i just dont rate him and havent done since his Rangers days. Just my opinion. Lets wait and see.

Borderhibbie76
10-09-2018, 08:57 PM
Lets be clear, im not saying he is finished....i just think he is rubbish. Thats my opinion. Lets put our hibs glasses on for a minute......do you think that if any hibs player had played like he did from Jan to May on a reputed 8k a week would be getting the same plaudits Naismith is?? Seems like folk cannot wait to praise him after they realised he was so poor last season.He ain't rubbish mate sorry...I wish he was. He clearly wasn't fit last season..had a decent pre season. He's more than good enough in our league

SquashedFrogg
10-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Sensible post alert 👍

weecounty hibby
10-09-2018, 08:58 PM
I thought we played pretty well tonight and with a wee bit of luck and composure in front of goal it could have been a much bigger win. We shouldnt be comparing ourselves to Belgium as they are the benchmark of where we want to be but at the moment we're at the level where Albania is a good victory. And Super John is still very much Super. MOM tonight and worked his socks off

Sylar
10-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Wasted 45 minutes and didn't even get the payoff of seeing the win, as my boss decided to take me for lunch!

Glad we got a win at last!

brianmc
10-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Never saw the game - what was the attendance?

Gordy M
10-09-2018, 09:02 PM
I thought we played pretty well tonight and with a wee bit of luck and composure in front of goal it could have been a much bigger win. We shouldnt be comparing ourselves to Belgium as they are the benchmark of where we want to be but at the moment we're at the level where Albania is a good victory. And Super John is still very much Super. MOM tonight and worked his socks off

Not sure if it was this thread i mentioned it or not but Scotlands home record in competitive matches is actually quite good. Since the start of Euro 16 qualifiers which began in 2014 i think, we have lost one match at home....Germany beat us 2-3. Not bad.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2018, 09:03 PM
We were playing against rubbish but can only beat what’s in front of you. We were comfortable and should have won by more.

Nothing to get too excited about but if it’s ever going to turn around it needs to start somewhere.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Never saw the game - what was the attendance?

17 something

Gordy M
10-09-2018, 09:05 PM
We were playing against rubbish but can only beat what’s in front of you. We were comfortable and should have won by more.

Nothing to get too excited about but if it’s ever going to turn around it needs to start somewhere.

They qualified for Euro 2016.

Bishop Hibee
10-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Good performance from start to finish. Albania were rank but you can only play who you’re up against. A fit/in form Griffiths is vital for us though for the Euro qualifiers.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2018, 09:08 PM
They qualified for Euro 2016.

The might have but they were still utterly garbage tonight.

Lago
10-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Wasted 45 minutes and didn't even get the payoff of seeing the win, as my boss decided to take me for lunch!

Glad we got a win at last!
Sook:greengrin

brianmc
10-09-2018, 09:24 PM
17 something

Cheers.

worcesterhibby
10-09-2018, 09:25 PM
was busy watching a film on Film 4 , but was pleasantly surprised by the score when I had a look once it was finished. Well done Scotland.

matty_f
10-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Deserved the win, we were much the better side.

frazeHFC
10-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Thought we played well and controlled it throughout. A couple of slack passes but McGinn was excellent. The defence was much improved and for me man of the match for me was Stephen O'Donnell.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Thought we played well and controlled it throughout. A couple of slack passes but McGinn was excellent. The defence was much improved and for me man of the match for me was Stephen O'Donnell.

Wouldn’t quite have had him down as MOTM, but was surprised to see people criticising his performance. I’m not sure he will be a regular starter but thought he did all right.

frazeHFC
10-09-2018, 09:39 PM
O'Donnell is absolute garbage, how is he getting a game, Gray is a far better RB option, jeez get Boyle in there as a wingback even.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Thought O'Donnell was brilliant. Good defensively, won plenty in the air and offered a lot going forward.

bingo70
10-09-2018, 09:40 PM

I’ve seen a couple of people saying this on twitter and I just don’t see it at all. Thought he looked pretty poor. Defensively he was never tested but I thought he looked clumsy and awkward, reminded me a bit of Kirk Broadfoot, who to be fair to him was/is annoyingly effective at times.

Is he normally played at right back for Kilmarnock?

frazeHFC
10-09-2018, 09:42 PM
I’ve seen a couple of people saying this on twitter and I just don’t see it at all. Thought he looked pretty poor. Defensively he was never tested but I thought he looked clumsy and awkward, reminded me a bit of Kirk Broadfoot, who to be fair to him was/is annoyingly effective at times.

Is he normally played at right back for Kilmarnock?

I hadn't even heard of him before he was called up but assuming he plays there.

Suppose this goes to show just how varied opinions can be even when there's no bias involved.

Frazerbob
10-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Far better performance. Dominated throughout and played at a great pace for a change. But for some poor finishing in the first half it could’ve much more convincing. Top o the league!

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2018, 09:45 PM
Can't believe what I'm reading. Thought O'Donnell was brilliant. Good defensively, won plenty in the air and offered a lot going forward.

I thought he was ok, but going forward i thought he offered very little. I'd have put Forrest on in place of him, he's much more direct, and in my opinion would have created much more.

Albanian Hibs
10-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Here's a question that's popped up watching this game.

Have you ever seen a happy Albanian?

Nope, especially not in my house 😂

Billy Whizz
10-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Was at the game tonight and just logged on. Had a quick read through this match thread, don’t think I’ve read so much bolocks in ages. Scotland played well and dominated the game. With a bit better finishing and composure would have scored a few more
Thought Naismith had a cracking game and led the line well, was impressed with how O’Donnell did too

3 great points and I hope we can kick on, as we’ll an enjoy a resurgent Scotland

frazeHFC
10-09-2018, 09:56 PM
I thought he was ok, but going forward i thought he offered very little. I'd have put Forrest on in place of him, he's much more direct, and in my opinion would have created much more.

Didn't take on his man as such but liked the way he was always willing to overlap and try get in behind. Certainly gave us an attacking threat which we lack in so many games. The opposition was pretty garbage though which helped.

The Harp Awakes
10-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Scotland have some pretty decent players coming through now: Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong, McTominay all look good. Griffiths is quality and McGregor is a top goalkeeper.

I'm still not sure about Souttar. He's never impressed me playing against Hibs, and tonight although I thought he was ok, he was playing against nothing. I've always thought Naismith is a very limited footballer who has done very well for himself; granted he runs about all day and scores goals but lacks quality for me.

Thought McDonald was poor and deserved to be hooked at half time. Wasn't impressed with O'Donnell - tried hard and won headers but looked a bit ordinary. Mulgrew is past it for me but centre back is the weakest part of the team and he's probably the best we've got.

SideBurns
10-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Just back from Hampden. Maybe you just see things differently (probably not as clearly!) from the stands but I didn't think Naismith played well at all apart from his goal (I thought he'd got the first one too at the match), but he had No 9 on his back and ultimately did what was required of him. He never hides or stops trying either. I would've hooked him at ht for Sparky though!

Best men for me were SJM, Tierney, Mulgrew, O'Donnell & Souttar. Good performance overall, and 2-0 flattered Albania.

Fisherrow Harp
10-09-2018, 11:23 PM
I love Scotland as much as anyone, though let’s be honest here, we beat Albania 2-0 in a glorified friendly!

dmc1875
10-09-2018, 11:34 PM
I love Scotland as much as anyone, though let’s be honest here, we beat Albania 2-0 in a glorified friendly!

Thought we played pretty rubbish to be honest, they were terrible and should have scored twice.

Hibbyradge
10-09-2018, 11:38 PM

It's not a glorified friendly.

It's a competition which offers a realistic chance of qualification to Euro 2020.

Why hasn't the press, or the SFA for that matter, explained that properly?

This is a serious tournament.

Fisherrow Harp
11-09-2018, 12:01 AM

It's a competition which offers a realistic chance of qualification to Euro 2020.

I get that, it’s the intertoto cup for national teams. If this is our route into 2020 then, as we all probably know deep down inside if we are being honest with ourselves, is a sad state tbh. Regarding the press and SFA, don’t mean to be rude but really don’t think I need them to “explain”it to me. It is what t is with or without uefa propaganda, which will no doubt churn a few more coins.

Steve-O
11-09-2018, 04:31 AM
I get that, it’s the intertoto cup for national teams. If this is our route into 2020 then, as we all probably know deep down inside if we are being honest with ourselves, is a sad state tbh. Regarding the press and SFA, don’t mean to be rude but really don’t think I need them to “explain”it to me. It is what t is with or without uefa propaganda, which will no doubt churn a few more coins.

Sorry but this is not correct. It's not like the Intertoto Cup at all. Win this group and we are in a play-off, guaranteed, for Euro 2020 - i.e. the thing, other than automatic qualification, we've been striving for since about 2003/4 when we last made a play-off! It is a legitimate route to the Euros and I could not give a monkeys how we get there, if we get there.

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2018, 05:07 AM
Sorry but this is not correct. It's not like the Intertoto Cup at all. Win this group and we are in a play-off, guaranteed, for Euro 2020 - i.e. the thing, other than automatic qualification, we've been striving for since about 2003/4 when we last made a play-off! It is a legitimate route to the Euros and I could not give a monkeys how we get there, if we get there.

This:agree:

IGRIGI
11-09-2018, 05:50 AM
I ate some humble pie, team selection in the end was spot on and Naismith contributed well.

Could've and should've been 5 or 6 but can't complain about a solid win against tricky opposition.

Mcginn has cemented his place in the team and has the drive we desperately need.

CropleyWasGod
11-09-2018, 06:19 AM
I love Scotland as much as anyone, though let’s be honest here, we beat Albania 2-0 in a glorified friendly!Albania who qualified for the last Euros. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
11-09-2018, 06:20 AM
Thought Naismith had a cracking game and led the line well, was impressed with how O’Donnell did too

Agree with that. Think people need to take off the green tinted specs. Naismith led the line well; we're lucky to have him, last night anyway. Far from finished as others have said.

I thought O'Donnell played well. First time I've seen him and was very impressed. Think someone said didn't offer much in the final rhird, yet there were a couple of times he was virtually our most forward advanced player in the six yard box. One should have resulted in a goal but shot was blocked for a corner.

BoomtownHibees
11-09-2018, 06:23 AM
Albania who qualified for the last Euros. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Qualified 3 years ago. They were garbage last night but thought Scotland played well enough, decent on the ball, good pace, just poor finishing stopped it from being a more comfortable scoreline.

Heisenberg
11-09-2018, 06:26 AM
Thought we played pretty rubbish to be honest, they were terrible and should have scored twice.

We also missed about three or four good chances and dominated the game throughout. I thought we played well with some room for improvement in some areas.

Albanian Hibs
11-09-2018, 06:43 AM

Rubbish?? Absolute nonsense. Are you forgetting we could have scored another 2 or 3?

Lendo
11-09-2018, 06:51 AM

This. People will start to take it more seriously as our chances of Euro qualification become more apparent.

SideBurns
11-09-2018, 07:23 AM
Rubbish?? Absolute nonsense. Are you forgetting we could have scored another 2 or 3?

Aye. Albania had a period after we scored when they created a couple of great chances but if we'd taken even half of ours in the first half then the game would've been over by the break. You'll never go 90 mins without stopping the opposition having one or two opportunities, and this is a team with players in some good leagues throughout Europe - they're not a San Marino or Gibraltar.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-09-2018, 07:48 AM
A decent performance, thought McGinn played very well - apart from two ridiculous moments of gifting possession which could have been costly, he played some great passes & is certainly a first choice in that position now, and for years to come.

PeeJay
11-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Only saw the 2nd half - spirited performance from Scotland against a pretty poor Albanian team (although it still managed to walk through our "defence" at times!) - easily deserved 3 points, but everything wrong with Scottish football was on show for all to see here - saw absolutely nothing here to suggest the Scottish game is going anywhere good soon ...

Bristolhibby
11-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Correct.

Win our Nations League group and we are a semi and final against another two group C teams for a place in the Euros. The semi games are played in March 2020.

However, if we qualify for the Euros by finishing in the top two of the normal qualifying group, then we are qualified already and don’t need to play the Nations Cup Semi.

The seedings for the Euro qualifiers are also dependant in the Nations League performance. Win the group and we go into pot 2. A distinct advantage.

These games are definitely worth winning and are NOT glorified friendlies.

J

B.H.F.C
11-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Only saw the 2nd half - spirited performance from Scotland against a pretty poor Albanian team (although it still managed to walk through our "defence" at times!) - easily deserved 3 points, but everything wrong with Scottish football was on show for all to see here - saw absolutely nothing here to suggest the Scottish game is going anywhere good soon ...

In general, it doesn’t appear that the game is going anywhere fast and we’re all well aware of the issues with our game. But if you forget everything you know about Scottish football for a minute, I’m not sure what all these bad things were that were on show last night. We were fairly decent.

It’s not going to happen over night but there are a number of good young players in the team and they need to start somewhere. The introduction of the nations league gives us a more than fair chance of qualifying for the Euros IMO so perhaps this is the start of something.

GreenOnions
11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
A decent performance, thought McGinn played very well - apart from two ridiculous moments of gifting possession which could have been costly, he played some great passes & is certainly a first choice in that position now, and for years to come.

I agree. I think he'll be very important for us - not least because he can operate deeper as well as further up the pitch. I like to see him in an advanced position but thought that the three in the middle in the second half with McGinn deeper was much stronger for us than when McDonald was playing in the first half.

We seem to have more players at the moment who can play further forward in midfield and not so many who can play deeper (unless McTominay is the option there) so maybe McGinn deeper with Armstrong and McGregor further forward is our best midfield at the moment?

I am quite optimistic really. We have quite a few players early to mid twenties who have quality and could be in the side for a good few years. Tierney, Robertson, McKenna, Souttar (who I thought looked good last night), McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong, McTominay and Fraser are all good players.

I like the fact that - for the first time in a while we have a couple of younger central defenders who look like they have ability in McKenna and Souttar and we Hibs fans will be aware before others of the potential of Porteous for the future. If we could just identify a couple more goalscorers ...............

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2018, 09:24 AM

I think they do need to explain it to you properly, as you clearly dont know the difference between a friendly and us having a very realistic chance of qualifying for a major competition?

Hibrandenburg
11-09-2018, 09:36 AM

This will just be another back door entrance to the bigger nations who fail in the qualifying rounds to enter the competition and ensure maximum financial gain.

Gordy M
11-09-2018, 09:41 AM
This will just be another back door entrance to the bigger nations who fail in the qualifying rounds to enter the competition and ensure maximum financial gain.

Im not sure it would be though.....teams will qualify from groups A B C and D....so only one big team from group A can qualify? The others will be lesser teams including one from group D who is the group including San Marino etc. Thats my understanding

JimBHibees
11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Correct.

Win our Nations League group and we are a semi and final against another two group C teams for a place in the Euros. The semi games are played in March 2020.

However, if we qualify for the Euros by finishing in the top two of the normal qualifying group, then we are qualified already and don’t need to play the Nations Cup Semi.

The seedings for the Euro qualifiers are also dependant in the Nations League performance. Win the group and we go into pot 2. A distinct advantage.

J

That would seriously increase our chances of qualifying if we could be regularly in pot 2.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Fans have been complaining about meaningless friendlies for decades.

Now UEFA have implemented a tournament which reduces the frequency of them, yet folk still complain.

:rolleyes:

silverhibee
11-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Silly comment from Mcleish about being justified dropping Griffiths for Naismith, baldy yam wasn't even picked for he squad but got a call up later on, Griffiths will be injured for the next batch of international games.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Correct.

J

I didn't realise that the overall seedings were affected by this. That makes the tournament even more significant.

Diclonius
11-09-2018, 10:36 AM

I don't think we do. The highest we can finish in the tournament (by overall ranking) is 25th and that puts us in pot 3 (given there's ten groups). I think what's actually the case is that we have to win the group to be guaranteed pot 3 - even finishing second may put us into pot 4.

JimBHibees
11-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Silly comment from Mcleish about being justified dropping Griffiths for Naismith, baldy yam wasn't even picked for he squad but got a call up later on, Griffiths will be injured for the next batch of international games.

In terms of performance last night he was proven to be right. Naismith was good and Leigh wasnt that great.

IGRIGI
11-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Also 10 of the starting 11 were born in Scotland (Tierney surprisingly born on Isle of Man), great to see less reliance on the "here to add a 0 to my transfer fee" brigade.

Smartie
11-09-2018, 11:31 AM
I've also liked that McLeish has picked players playing well for Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock so far, and chosen players based on what he's seen with his own eyes rather than being dazzled by how good a player must be if they occasionally get a game in the English Championship.

CMurdoch
11-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Lots of folk on this forum saying we were rubbish against Belgium and that although we beat Albania it is worth little because they are rubbish.

Anyone who has played a sport at a decent level will know that you can only play as well as you are allowed to.
Additionally if you make a mistake against a top opponent you will be ruthlessly punished.

If i play my given sport against a Belgium level player I am not able to hurt them with my usual tricks and strategies and i can be made to look pretty poor. Additionally if i really go for it the risks are high and i will inevitably be taken out if i make a small tactical or execution error.

If i then go in against an Albania level guy i can exert my game and strategy on them. If they don't play smartly and make mistakes i will take them out. Additionally i can probably make a mistake without suffering a fatal take out.

Albania are not rubbish, most of their players play in Italy. Our players are better than theirs but not a patch on the Belgians who are mostly World class.

Last night was a good performance from Scotland.
Being a Scotland supporter is like being a Hibbee, you need perspective or you will get hurt.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Prediction - win tonight followed by the announcement tomorrow that we'll be remaining at Hampden.

Taking this as a scoop, for sure :-)

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Now UEFA have implemented a tournament which reduces the frequency of them, yet folk still complain.

Not me mate. I love nothing more than a good old fashioned meaningless friendly.

Preferrably against nations I didn't even know existed 😀

G B Young
11-09-2018, 03:41 PM

Depends what you're looking for from our international team I guess. Do we want to see them qualify thanks to steady improvement or does the fact we haven't qualified for a major tournament in 22 years mean it's all about qualifying at any cost?

By making the process easier it might mean we finally improve our lamentable qualification record, but when we're only having to beat teams of a similar, or lesser, standard to ourselves it's not going to improve our game. As I mentioned on another thread, the proposed 48-team World Cup indicates that the powers that be are looking for quantity rather than quality (presumably with a view to cashing in on more TV games).

O'Rourke3
11-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Lots of folk on this forum saying we were rubbish against Belgium and that although we beat Albania it is worth little because they are rubbish.

Anyone who has played a sport at a decent level will know that you can only play as well as you are allowed to.
Additionally if you make a mistake against a top opponent you will be ruthlessly punished.

If i play my given sport against a Belgium level player I am not able to hurt them with my usual tricks and strategies and i can be made to look pretty poor. Additionally if i really go for it the risks are high and i will inevitably be taken out if i make a small tactical or execution error.

If i then go in against an Albania level guy i can exert my game and strategy on them. If they don't play smartly and make mistakes i will take them out. Additionally i can probably make a mistake without suffering a fatal take out.

Albania are not rubbish, most of their players play in Italy. Our players are better than theirs but not a patch on the Belgians who are mostly World class.

Last night was a good performance from Scotland.
Being a Scotland supporter is like being a Hibbee, you need perspective or you will get hurt.Someone posting sense on a fan's forum. Whatever next, Scotland winning a competitive fixture...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hulk1875
11-09-2018, 09:08 PM
First Scotland home competitive game in about 10 years I'll be missing tonight.

Strange line up. No objection to the formation as we play similar and with pretty poor central defensive options going with 3 makes sense to me - can't grasp that Armstrong and Griffiths are on the bench though

Huge game. Lose this and i can't see how McLeish will turn it around.

Prediction - win tonight followed by the announcement tomorrow that we'll be remaining at Hampden.

Not read all the pages after but after this result then the announcement it’s first thing I thought of aaaahhhh!!! Lol

jacomo
12-09-2018, 06:56 AM

It’s almost as if there are lots of different opinions amongst fans of the world’s most popular sport.

CMurdoch
12-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Someone posting sense on a fan's forum. Whatever next, Scotland winning a competitive fixture...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I got a bit carried away.
it won't happen again :wink:.

ancient hibee
12-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Depends what you're looking for from our international team I guess. Do we want to see them qualify thanks to steady improvement or does the fact we haven't qualified for a major tournament in 22 years mean it's all about qualifying at any cost?

By making the process easier it might mean we finally improve our lamentable qualification record, but when we're only having to beat teams of a similar, or lesser, standard to ourselves it's not going to improve our game. As I mentioned on another thread, the proposed 48-team World Cup indicates that the powers that be are looking for quantity rather than quality (presumably with a view to cashing in on more TV games).
More TV money to the SFA will give them a chance of improving standards therefore getting there is more important than how we get there.