PDA

View Full Version : Sean Mackie

Leitherhibs
06-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Whats the consensus amongst .netters on this kid? Do we think he'll make it? Noticed he's been on the bench a fair bit this season and given we haven't signed cover for Lewis over the summer - Is that a signal from Lennon that he trust him?

SirDavidsNapper
06-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Whats the consensus amongst .netters on this kid? Do we think he'll make it? Noticed he's been on the bench a fair bit this season and given we haven't signed cover for Lewis over the summer - Is that a signal from Lennon that he trust him?

Is he the lad from Raith Rovers we pipped Hearts to?

calumhibee1
06-09-2018, 05:45 PM

He is. Other than that I know nothing about him.

brog
06-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Yes he is. I posted early in the close season that I expected him to be involved more with the senior squad this season. I took a bit flak for it but it appears he will be. As I'm in London I only see the young lads on Hibs TV but I've always been impressed by Sean. I believe though that his future may be as a wide left sided player rather than a full back, a bit like Lewis Morgan or the Mitchell boy at Yams. I hope he makes it.

hibees 7062
06-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Did he play against Berwick ?

GGTTH07
06-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Good player.

scoopyboy
06-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Local laddie , could probably walk to east mains. I think he’s got a chance. Good bowler as well

oneone73
06-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Do you mean cricket, or the manicured grass variety?

Wilson
06-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Do you mean cricket, or the manicured grass variety?

The hat he wears when walking to east mains.

Brooster
06-09-2018, 08:07 PM
I would have him in now. Time for the young guys to get a chance

allezsauzee
06-09-2018, 08:10 PM
I would have him in now. Time for the young guys to get a chance

Or we could stick with the most reliable defender we've had over the last few years and give him a chance when Lewy is injured or needs a rest?

lord bunberry
06-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Or we could stick with the most reliable defender we've had over the last few years and give him a chance when Lewy is injured or needs a rest?
Lewy never needs a rest :greengrin

brog
06-09-2018, 09:18 PM

He could play in front of Lewie & learn from him.

Gaffer1875
06-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Big lad, seen him a few times for the youth team. Looks okay, not sure he will be good enough for LS replacement long term. Just my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
06-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Lewy never needs a rest :greengrin

All jokes aside I think over the last 4 years this has been an issue. Lewis genuinely never gets injured or needs a rest. He never plays bad enough to warrant being dropped. Which makes it so much harder to prepare his replacement.

Long live Lewy.

Clarence
06-09-2018, 10:14 PM
The hat he wears when walking to east mains.

He’s keen for the derby.

eastcoasthibby
07-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Imo ...got a wee bit to go, however I think he needs experience at this level to help his development, seems to have decent engine on him, his delivery is pretty good, he loves getting forward and has a bit more composure in and around the box than Lewis. He likes a pop at goal with both feet, physically he is a better size and is powerful at the level he has been playing at.
I can see why he is appearing on the bench and think we will see him start and get game time, when its right and let NL see how he does...hopefully he will adapt ok, I like the attitude he has in his play.
And no, I am not a relative of his...