PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TV SELECTIONS FOR OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER

RSS Bot
06-09-2018, 11:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9170)

tam4hibs
06-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Aberdeen away on a friday night. Thanks TV... always thinking of the fans.

calumhibee1
06-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Ridiculous. Safe to say I’ll no be making that.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Just got BT sport in so happy with the away games being on tv.

Hibbyradge
06-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks, and well done Hibs for letting us know early.

That means I can book cheaper trains for the games I can attend.

Dublin07
06-09-2018, 11:50 AM
The fixtures for the weekend of the rangers game are a shambles. That is also weekend of league cup semi finals. Both bigots play on the Thursday night so won't play until the Sunday but if drawn apart in league cup can't both play Sunday. Unless the heat the balls to draw them together then one semi would need to be the Monday night but there is also a full fixture list that midweek. This could potentially cause both the rangers game on 28/10 and hearts on 31/10 to be postponed.

hibee_girl
06-09-2018, 12:07 PM
The fixtures for the weekend of the rangers game are a shambles. That is also weekend of league cup semi finals. Both bigots play on the Thursday night so won't play until the Sunday but if drawn apart in league cup can't both play Sunday. Unless the heat the balls to draw them together then one semi would need to be the Monday night but there is also a full fixture list that midweek. This could potentially cause both the rangers game on 28/10 and hearts on 31/10 to be postponed.

They might get their European match moved to the Wednesday :dunno:

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Safe to say the Rangers game wont be on that date given they have Ayr at home in the quarters.

danhibees1875
06-09-2018, 12:18 PM
They might get their European match moved to the Wednesday :dunno:

There would still be the likely issue of the league cup semis - hopefully for us too. :greengrin

I've not heard of a game announced for TV being moved after that though, so maybe they've decided to priotise that over the weekend league fixtures. :dunno:

Billychaotic182
06-09-2018, 12:20 PM

I’m delight by it. I get married on the 10th so I’ll get to see the game now haha

hibee_girl
06-09-2018, 12:25 PM
There would still be the likely issue of the league cup semis - hopefully for us too. :greengrin

I've not heard of a game announced for TV being moved after that though, so maybe they've decided to priotise that over the weekend league fixtures. :dunno:

The SPFL statement about these fixtures does say the fixtures of that weekend have the possibility of being moved for the semi finals.

If one of the Old Firm play in Europe on the Wednesday then their semi final can be on the Saturday, no?

Diclonius
06-09-2018, 12:30 PM

It's a tough one for the SFA. They will want them to play together to save them a headache, but on the other hand they'll want a Celtic v Rangers final. A lot of head scratching going on as to how they'll fix the draw.

danhibees1875
06-09-2018, 12:30 PM
The SPFL statement about these fixtures does say the fixtures of that weekend have the possibility of being moved for the semi finals.

If one of the Old Firm play in Europe on the Wednesday then their semi final can be on the Saturday, no?

Ah okay, I didn't see that.

Yes, presumably - I thought we were just discussing the problems around our league game though which would still be an issue even if they fit their league cup game in. I've maybe missed the point there. :aok:

It's a tough one for the SFA. They will want them to play together to save them a headache, but on the other hand they'll want a Celtic v Rangers final. A lot of head scratching going on as to how they'll fix the draw.

Do people still believe this?

3pm
06-09-2018, 12:36 PM
The away season ticket will come in handy for Aberdeen away on a Friday night! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-09-2018, 12:38 PM
The away season ticket will come in handy for Aberdeen away on a Friday night! :greengrin

I’m going but I’ve 2 to sell now due to it being changed to the Friday night

hibee_girl
06-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Yes, presumably - I thought we were just discussing the problems around our league game though which would still be an issue even if they fit their league cup game in. I've maybe missed the point there. :aok:

I think we just have to accept our league game that weekend will be moved even if we don’t get to the semis it’s more than likely Rangers will (sorry Ayr!)

scoopyboy
06-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Safe to say the Rangers game wont be on that date given they have Ayr at home in the quarters.

You really have to question the sanity of the people choosing that match for TV.

hhibs
06-09-2018, 12:50 PM

Sure,it never crossed their minds.

brythehibby

The quarter final is September our game is October.

No surprise for that fixture being Sunday as they have a euro game that mid-week, but the Aberdeen one is a joke. Last year was the Sunday a week before Xmas at 12 as well!

Billy Whizz
You really have to question the sanity of the people choosing that match for TV.

It’s always picked for TV though

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 12:57 PM
The quarter final is September our game is October.

No surprise for that fixture being Sunday as they have a euro game that mid-week, but the Aberdeen one is a joke. Last year was the Sunday a week before Xmas at 12 as well!

But it is the same weekend as the semi finals where Rangers will definitely be there and we have a decent chance of being there, so little chance of it being on that weekend.

My_Wife_Camille
06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Friday night football, love it! :flag:

murray26
06-09-2018, 01:28 PM
I’ll be there.. feel sorry for those who can’t make it though..

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2018, 03:54 PM

:agree: they do. Despite them being drawn in the SC semi finals for what feels like the last 3 or 4 years on the bounce.

Kojock
06-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Feel an overnighter in Sheepsville coming on. GGTTH

Carheenlea
06-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Planning exactly that as well. Suspected that this was one that could get moved, and while Friday night is a good slot for TV fixtures, Aberdeen is going to be a stretch for some. Assume a rearranged Rangers game would be a midweek affair at ER, but was wondering if BT would still be committed to showing the game on the rearranged date?

Albanian Hibs
06-09-2018, 10:17 PM

Yip me too

HH81
07-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Planning exactly that as well. Suspected that this was one that could get moved, and while Friday night is a good slot for TV fixtures, Aberdeen is going to be a stretch for some. Assume a rearranged Rangers game would be a midweek affair at ER, but was wondering if BT would still be committed to showing the game on the rearranged date?

As it has been picked as a TV game already then it will be shown when it's played.

JimBHibees
07-09-2018, 06:18 AM
:agree: they do. Despite them being drawn in the SC semi finals for what feels like the last 3 or 4 years on the bounce.

Dont think people believe it now given live tv draws. Though they did go 60 years or so of mostly being in semi finals where amazingly they never met which has similar odds as winning the lottery, finding a four leaf clover and being struck by a meteor on the same day. :greengrin

ryantaylor
07-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Buzzing about the Rangers game getting postponed should either of us make the semis as I’ve got Kevin bridges tickets for Sunday the 28th

Keith_M
07-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Buzzing about the Rangers game getting postponed should either of us make the semis as I’ve got Kevin bridges tickets for Sunday the 28th

What happens if Kevin wants them back?

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Dont think people believe it now given live tv draws. Though they did go 60 years or so of mostly being in semi finals where amazingly they never met which has similar odds as winning the lottery, finding a four leaf clover and being struck by a meteor on the same day. :greengrin

Happens to me all the time, that.

JimBHibees
07-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Happens to me all the time, that.

Isnt it typical the day you win the lottery you get smashed by a meteor. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Isnt it typical the day you win the lottery you get smashed by a meteor. :greengrin

It was only a tenner, too :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
07-09-2018, 09:49 AM
It was only a tenner, too :boo hoo:

:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Anyone with tickets for the Proclaimers on the Fri night will now be missing Aberdeen 🤬🤬🤬

BoomtownHibees
08-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Anyone with tickets for the Proclaimers on the Fri night will now be missing Aberdeen 🤬🤬🤬

Correct however I’ve got them for the Saturday night so delighted the game had been moved 😎

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Correct however I’ve got them for the Saturday night so delighted the game had been moved [emoji41]

I deliberately got Fri tickets months ago in case there was an away game such as Aberdeen on the Sat. Spewing now [emoji31]