PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: VACANCIES | COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING DEPARTMENT

RSS Bot
06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9169)

CropleyWasGod
06-09-2018, 09:26 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9169)Communications manger?

Jesus [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
06-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Communications manger?

Jesus [emoji6]

Where does it say that?

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Where does it say that?

First sentence after the headings.

Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Communications Manger will oversee the Communications and Marketing Department at the club.

That's why we need a communications manager. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
06-09-2018, 09:40 AM
First sentence after the headings.

That's why we need a communications manager. :greengrinMaybe it's a crib from somewhere else. [emoji6]

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Maybe it's a crib from somewhere else. [emoji6]

:agree: I was wondering if they were getting ready for the Christmas market.

CropleyWasGod
06-09-2018, 09:49 AM
:agree: I was wondering if they were getting ready for the Christmas market....If they're late for that, they might get cot out.

PatHead
06-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Communications manger?

Jesus [emoji6]

I had noticed that and sent an email to Hibs highlighting it. Always some smart Alec that has to highlight the mistook though!

Hibs90
06-09-2018, 10:04 AM
When they say the salary is competitive, that usually means basic wage right?

Since90+2
06-09-2018, 10:06 AM
When they say the salary is competitive, that usually means basic wage right?

It won't be minimum wage. Probably around 20k at a guess.

The communications manager role is a direct report into the CEO so you'd imagine that will carry a good salary.

CropleyWasGod
06-09-2018, 10:06 AM
When they say the salary is competitive, that usually means basic wage right?No [emoji16]

It normally means that it is on a par with similar jobs in the industry.

Hibs90
06-09-2018, 10:09 AM

The communications manager role is a direct report into the CEO so you'd imagine that will carry a good salary.

Aye I would imagine so. Thinking of applying for the DMA post. Was just curious as I wouldn't want to take a salary drop :greengrin

Pretty Boy
06-09-2018, 10:15 AM
I hate all this cryptic language around salary. Just say what you are offering and let folk decide if it's worth applying for.

£20-22K DOE is so much better than 'competitive'.

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 10:18 AM
I hate all this cryptic language around salary. Just say what you are offering and let folk decide if it's worth applying for.

Maybe a salary range depending on experience, but they won't give a precise salary in case they either miss out on the right person for the sake of a couple of grand per year or they end up paying more than someone is worth.

G B Young
06-09-2018, 10:24 AM

Looking at the job requirements, it's a hell of a wide-ranging and important remit. You'd hope that to attract somebody good the salary would be significantly more than that.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2018, 10:25 AM

When I see jobs on LinkedIn with no salary or competitive or whatever other variation they choose I generally scroll past and look at what other options are out there.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Looking at the job requirements, it's a hell of a wide-ranging and important remit. You'd hope that to attract somebody good the salary would be significantly more than that.

Some of it is - some of it is really basic, eg, arrange press conference and make sure the press get visitor badges.

Since90+2
06-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Not sure to be honest. It says experience in a similar line of work preferred but not required so I can't see it being much more than that. Could be totally wrong but I'd be surprised if it's more than 21-22k.

Hibs90
06-09-2018, 10:43 AM
I may aswell apply, if the salary is a decrease on my current salary I will find out if I get selected for interview I guess.

I agree there is no harm in putting a salary range DOE.

Westie1875
06-09-2018, 10:57 AM

That’s what I was thinking, salary for this type of role with the level of responsibility suggested in the job description would need to be nearer £40k + to get someone decent with relevant experience.

Beefster
06-09-2018, 12:21 PM

It's the same in interviews when they ask how much you are currently earning. Just offer what your organisation thinks the job is worth and you'll get the candidate you deserve.