PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewart on his arse...

Wembley67
05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
For the life of me I can't find the clip of giff anywhere...anyone for it?

Interesting thread in the archive mind

http://www.hibs.net/archive/index.php/t-168461.html

1van Sprou7e
05-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Can't help you with that but it reminds me of a young David Wotherspoon putting Mikey on his arse in an Edinburgh derby once - ended up being on Soccer AM's showboat

Also can't find the clip of that one unfortunately :I'm waiti

HibbyKeith
05-09-2018, 08:19 PM
This one :greengrin

Link (https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MagnificentThunderousFrenchbulldog-max-1mb.gif&key=1bc9c5d930b95832936ffebe3a62ab25dc10bdec7b9f32 90497be26458c46dc9)

Wembley67
05-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Top man...cheers Keith!

Elephant Stone
05-09-2018, 08:39 PM
I remember really not liking him at the time that happened but can't remember why at all, got a lot of time for him these days.

Wembley67
05-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I remember really not liking him at the time that happened but can't remember why at all, got a lot of time for him these days.

Ginger, hearts player, pretty decent and thought he was Billy big baws with his man u pedigree for starters?

CMac1988
05-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Ginger, hearts player, pretty decent and thought he was Billy big baws with his man u pedigree for starters?

Also scored one of the best goals I've seen at Easter Road. First time Volley just outside the box from a corner. Peach.

California-Hibs
06-09-2018, 03:17 AM
Also scored one of the best goals I've seen at Easter Road. First time Volley just outside the box from a corner. Peach.

Agree with this. Was in disbelief when it went in. Absolute screamer

SirDavidsNapper
06-09-2018, 05:38 AM
Really rated him as a player. Thought his best spell was when he wore our colours.

Wembley67
06-09-2018, 06:27 AM
Still a ginge though

Diclonius
06-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Never understood why people didn't like Stewart - sure he moved to Hearts from us, but that was after we released him and he was one of them to begin with. Even then he was very well spoken and never had a bad word to say about us in the media.

Wembley67
06-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Never understood why people didn't like Stewart - sure he moved to Hearts from us, but that was after we released him and he was one of them to begin with. Even then he was very well spoken and never had a bad word to say about us in the media.

As mentioned it was the Billy big baws, ginger ex yam thing...good player or not 😆

Hibs1969
06-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Really rated him as a player. Thought his best spell was when he wore our colours.
100% with you on this. He was a much better player for us than Hearts and played a big part in our LC win in 2007 only for Collins to take against him and freeze him out. IIRC he was about the only player who played in the qualifiers not to get any game time on the day of the final. Even a teenage Lewis was preferred to him. Stewart’s a decent pundit now and his recent comments about the mess the SFA has made about the red card/not a red card fiasco is spot on.

Lendo
06-09-2018, 06:52 AM

Came off his shin. Average at best. :wink:

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 07:09 AM
I never listen to him as a pundit, but a couple of years ago there was an hour long interview with him on a podcast somewhere and he came across as a total knob. Listening to him you'd have thought he was in the same bracket as Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, etc. It's a pity because he does seem to be fairly intelligent.

He was decent enough on the pitch for Hibs though.

.Sean.
He was unplayable for a spell in 2006. He seems to have a lot of time for Hibs and loves nothing more than sticking the boot into Celtic and Rangers. I quite like listening to him.

SirDavidsNapper
100% with you on this. He was a much better player for us than Hearts and played a big part in our LC win in 2007 only for Collins to take against him and freeze him out. IIRC he was about the only player who played in the qualifiers not to get any game time on the day of the final. Even a teenage Lewis was preferred to him. Stewart’s a decent pundit now and his recent comments about the mess the SFA has made about the red card/not a red card fiasco is spot on.

Yeah i think our style suited his game. Thought he had a touch of class about him. Obviously a clash of personalities with Collins as he was one of our best players. No other reason to leave him out cup final. I think the "billy big balls" thing was a bit of a myth really. He never struck me as someone who didn't always give his all on the park and they way he comes across now i just can't see it. I know we all mature with age though so who knows.

BILLYHIBS
06-09-2018, 07:55 AM
I remember Michael Stewart as being Captain of HIBS a superb player for us and scoring a stunning goal for us against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup. He also played in the League Cup quarter final at Easter Road when we anayalated Hearts 1-0 (Rob Jones) 80-20 possession.I think he struggled with John Collins’s training regime as I remember him being physically sick during one game. On the other hand he may have been genuinely ill so might be being too hard on the guy. His various spats with Potter in the tabloids have made for entertaining reading Potter saying that when he signed him from Man Utd he was on a £1 a week and that was a pound a week too much. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/7KJcB-xv5XA

jacomo
06-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Oh Mikey Stewart
He used to be a Jambo
But he’s alright now
Then he didnae get picked for the League Cup Final
And stropped off back to Hertz
Like a bit of a fud
But now he’s an entertaining pundit
Who’s fair tae the Hibs
So he’s alright now (again)

Scored one of the best shanked goals I’ve ever seen (that volley off his shin v Aberdeen that looped into the net)

jacomo
06-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Yeah i think our style suited his game. Thought he had a touch of class about him. Obviously a clash of personalities with Collins as he was one of our best players. No other reason to leave him out cup final. I think the "billy big balls" thing was a bit of a myth really. He never struck me as someone who didn't always give his all on the park and they way he comes across now i just can't see it. I know we all mature with age though so who knows.

Nonsense. He lost his place and the decision was fully vindicated by the result.

We might still have won the Cup with him in the side, we’ll never know, but we thumped Killie without him.

He was not a first pick before then either, but in and out of the team. Boozy, Scotty and Katie all ahead of him when fit.

bigwheel
06-09-2018, 08:39 AM

I’m with you guys in this..liked him as a player. Could dictate a game when on it...he was a little up and down (as many are) and sometimes you could tell within the first 10 mins whether he was on it or not ...good technical player though. And thought he did well for us

CMac1988
06-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Came off his shin. Average at best. :wink:

And what a shinny it was! :greengrin

Jones28
06-09-2018, 09:49 AM
I never listen to him as a pundit, but a couple of years ago there was an hour long interview with him on a podcast somewhere and he came across as a total knob. Listening to him you'd have thought he was in the same bracket as Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, etc. It's a pity because he does seem to be fairly intelligent.

He was decent enough on the pitch for Hibs though.

The Monday night fitba interview was a very entertaining listen, about two hours long and could see why he would be perceived as a bit of a knob from it.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K7nKQ3CMhY

overdrive
06-09-2018, 02:20 PM
I remember Michael Stewart as being Captain of HIBS a superb player for us and scoring a stunning goal for us against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup. He also played in the League Cup quarter final at Easter Road when we anayalated Hearts 1-0 (Rob Jones) 80-20 possession.I think he struggled with John Collins’s training regime as I remember him being physically sick during one game. On the other hand he may have been genuinely ill so might be being too hard on the guy. His various spats with Potter in the tabloids have made for entertaining reading Potter saying that when he signed him from Man Utd he was on a £1 a week and that was a pound a week too much. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/7KJcB-xv5XA

He was sick a couple of time I think, including shortly after THAT goal, I’m pretty sure. From memory, the goal was towards the end of the first half. He threw up at the side of the pitch and didn’t reappear for the second half.

WhileTheChief..
06-09-2018, 03:07 PM

He had plenty bad to say about us back then, that’s why that wee vid was so popular at the time.

Decent enough pundit now mind but it doesn’t hurt to remind him of that now and again!

1van Sprou7e
06-09-2018, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K7nKQ3CMhY

Wow, what a blast from the past that is