PDA

View Full Version : Disallowed Partick Goal

pollution
04-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Have I missed a threat on The Net re the above?

Absolutely ludicrous refereeing at the same spot where it happened before many years ago.

This time it's on free viewing to watch. Will the SFA like to comment....? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409767

Joe6-2
04-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Wtf?

Leith Green
04-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Wtf?

Chinese man with a wad of notes somewhere 🤭

Billy Whizz
04-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Ref gives a throw in

DaveF
04-09-2018, 07:04 PM
That is just mental. Would love to hear the explanation for that.

Hibee Mac
04-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Absolutely baffling that they have not felt the need to publicly address this.

A throw in?? I heard them laughing at this on the radio at the time but goodness me I didn't think it would be that bad.

houstonhibbee
04-09-2018, 07:21 PM
That is just mental. Would love to hear the explanation for that.

The explanation is that neither linesman or referee saw the ball hit the back of the net - unbelievable as that is - and that the defender hooked the ball out of play so linesman flagged for a throw in. Total incompetence - unless your a jags fan and think the officials are corrupt - and who could blame them.
Lets see what the official version is. Probably dont believe everything you hear and see.......

nellio
04-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Heard about this in work. A total disgrace it happened. The ref and linesman should be absolutely hammered.

Onceinawhile
04-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Ref gives a throw in

To morton. Despite a morton player hoofing it out.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2018, 09:34 PM
I saw this a few days ago.

If ever an incident summed up the current standard of refereeing in Scotland then this is it.

The fact that the SFA have apparently still not been in contact with Partick Thistle to address the concerns they have highlighted just shows the complete incompetence of the entire organisation and the contempt and disregard they show towards the smaller clubs.

Just imagine if that had been either of Partick Thistle's two neighbours who had been on the receiving end of such a decision.

It's scandalous and I'm just glad the decision didn't cost them the win although as Alan Archibald has rightly pointed out it could cost them with the goal difference.

eastcoasthibby
05-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Referees,touchline officials and their bosses - They are answerable to know one, they have no respect take no responsibility for anything and are severely damaging Scottish football. This decision is one of 5-6 deplorable and significantly awful, woeful, disgusting decisions so far this season and they continue to be protected by a shield of arrogance and detachment from honesty and professionalism.

brog
05-09-2018, 06:36 AM
To use the old joke, the lino's hair was in his eyes! Absolutely unbelievable, laughing stock!

Allant1981
05-09-2018, 06:45 AM
just watched this now,they should be sacked for that as they clearly are incompetent, that probably the worst decision i have ever seen

PeeJay
05-09-2018, 07:00 AM
To morton. Despite a morton player hoofing it out.

No, he gave it to Partick actually - Morton were the ones in blue ... you're not related to the ref by any chance? :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
05-09-2018, 07:02 AM
Was it not Partick that were involved in something similar about 30 years ago? To add insult to injury when the ball came out of the net a defender picked it up and booted it away and the attacking team didn’t even get a penalty 😂

SirDavidsNapper
05-09-2018, 07:12 AM
The ref and assistant ref didn't see the ball hit the back of the net? Wow. These decisions are too ludicrous to be coincidental mistakes.

Craigmount Hibs
05-09-2018, 07:15 AM
No, he gave it to Partick actually - Morton were the ones in blue ... you're not related to the ref by any chance? :greengrin
No, the referee gave the throw to Morton initially. He points to his right - away from the goal Partick had just scored in. Then after about a minutes delay, with no apparent change of signal, Partick take the throw in.

Shambles.

PeeJay
05-09-2018, 07:27 AM
No, the referee gave the throw to Morton initially. He points to his right - away from the goal Partick had just scored in. Then after about a minutes delay, with no apparent change of signal, Partick take the throw in.

Shambles.

Are you maybe related too? :greengrin - He clearly signals from where the throw in is to be taken and which side is to take it - the linesman also signalled for Partick directly after the ball went out of play on that side ...

Still it's interesting that some people view this differently despite being able to repeatedly play the video to get a clearer picture - the ref has to do it on the spur of the moment... seems strange that the linesman also missed the ball hitting the back of the net though ..

Gloucester Hibs
05-09-2018, 07:38 AM
The throw-in is incidental, there can be no excuse for either of the officials missing the goal. It's not like some of these type of incidents you've seen from years gone by where the ball slips through a hole in the net or bounces back out off of the stanchion or something, it's a sweet strike and the ball nestles! And the ref is watching this the whole time. Bonkers.

Allant1981
05-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Shambles.

they definitely signalled for a throw in to partick

worcesterhibby
05-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Even if they somehow missed the ball thudding into the back of the net, how did they miss the Mortons players reaction ? none of them get into position for a throw in, they all drop their heads and start ambling down the pitch for the re-start. And why did the referee think that the Partick players celebrated ? did he think it was a pre-conceived trick to get him to give a goal ? It is ludicrous. He needs sacking, most of them do.

Hibee87
05-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Even if they somehow missed the ball thudding into the back of the net, how did they miss the Mortons players reaction ? none of them get into position for a throw in, they all drop their heads and start ambling down the pitch for the re-start. And why did the referee think that the Partick players celebrated ? did he think it was a pre-conceived trick to get him to give a goal ? It is ludicrous. He needs sacking, most of them do.

This is what I was thinking about it as well. Ok, even if they both did miss the ball hit the net (Ref was looking right at it, and seemed to be happy it was a goal till the linesman got involved) you can clearly tell it was a goal based on the players and fans reactions.
I would also love to know if any of the Morton players said anything. Its a bit different when the ball might have just crossed the line like Shaw v Them, but for the Morton players they KNOW or at least some of them will KNOW it hit the net, why did none of them say so? and if they did, what was the officials reasoning?
I believe there is to be something from the SFA today about it. Will be interesting.

Hibbyradge
05-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Yet folk say that referees are deliberately corrupt!

That's utter incompetence right there.

They're not good enough to be corrupt.

I'll get the popcorn ...

I'm_cabbaged
05-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Shambles.If he have it to Morton he’d point to his left???

Bostonhibby
05-09-2018, 08:26 AM

I'll get the popcorn ...Great minds think alike.

Was just sitting thinking it's such a bad decision from all the officials points of view that they can only be at the erse end of the bunglingly incompetent pile. The Norman Wisdoms of the refereeing world.

If they were individually corrupt and / or colluding in some way here there's surely smarter ways to influence the outcome of a game and attempt to hide it?

Utterly hopeless. SPFL will probably sit on their hands.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
05-09-2018, 08:26 AM

I'll get the popcorn ...

Good point

Salisbury Hibby
05-09-2018, 08:29 AM
This is what I was thinking about it as well. Ok, even if they both did miss the ball hit the net (Ref was looking right at it, and seemed to be happy it was a goal till the linesman got involved) you can clearly tell it was a goal based on the players and fans reactions.
I would also love to know if any of the Morton players said anything. Its a bit different when the ball might have just crossed the line like Shaw v Them, but for the Morton players they KNOW or at least some of them will KNOW it hit the net, why did none of them say so? and if they did, what was the officials reasoning?
I believe there is to be something from the SFA today about it. Will be interesting.It's not Morton players place to get involved in this. If I was involved with Morton I'd say nothing. As would all professional footballers I suspect.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Caversham Green
05-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Just after the ball hits the net the linesman can be seen indicating a throw to Thistle but the ref clearly initially indicates a throw-in to Morton and then changes his mind.

Does anyone think Morton should have allowed a walk over goal to compensate? It would be the sporting thing to do, but it could be seen as fixing the result (so could the ref and linesman's actions of course) and maybe even dissent.

danhibees1875
05-09-2018, 08:31 AM
20 seconds into the video the ref looks like he points for a Morton throw as the camera pans into the celebrations (although that is hard to see!), despite the linesman pointing for a Partick one. 1m30 into the video the ref very clearly gives it to Partick. Are people looking at different parts of the video maybe?

MartinfaePorty
05-09-2018, 08:32 AM
The assistant referee didn't see it hit the net, so couldn't give it. There will be repercussions for him and rightly so, as for anyone who makes an error in the course of their work. Thankfully it didn't change the result of the game, but this shows why we should get technology in place asap.

Caversham Green
05-09-2018, 08:39 AM
20 seconds into the video the ref looks like he points for a Morton throw as the camera pans into the celebrations (although that is hard to see!), despite the linesman pointing for a Partick one. 1m30 into the video the ref very clearly gives it to Partick. Are people looking at different parts of the video maybe?

Is the 20 second one not the ref pointing to the centre to indicate a goal? Just before the 1m30 bit the ref points to the Thistle end and mimes a throw - that to me is indicating a throw to Morton - he then immediately changes the direction he's pointing in.

Caversham Green
05-09-2018, 08:42 AM
The assistant referee didn't see it hit the net, so couldn't give it. There will be repercussions for him and rightly so, as for anyone who makes an error in the course of their work. Thankfully it didn't change the result of the game, but this shows why we should get technology in place asap.

It doesn't really matter if the linesman (can't get used to this assistant ref stuff) saw it or not the final decision lies with the referee. Both of them failing to see that beggars belief.

Hibbyradge
05-09-2018, 08:46 AM

I thought we already had goal line technology?

Peevemor
05-09-2018, 08:50 AM

This is it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RZ2efYS0lIo/hqdefault.jpg

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2018, 08:52 AM

I'll get the popcorn ...

:agree: the quality is dire - see the Killie red card last week, the Aberdeen red his week plus this goal. None of these decisions directly affect/benefit Rangers.

The standard of the conpliance officer isn’t great either.

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2018, 08:52 AM

Too costly for Scotland.

danhibees1875
05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Is the 20 second one not the ref pointing to the centre to indicate a goal? Just before the 1m30 bit the ref points to the Thistle end and mimes a throw - that to me is indicating a throw to Morton - he then immediately changes the direction he's pointing in.

That's possibly what he is doing at 20s yes. At the 1m30 bit I'm pretty sure he's pointing at where the throw is to be taken first, then shows who it is to. But I can see why some might interpret it differently and how the confusion has arisen.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2018, 09:23 AM
I thought we already had goal line technology?We've got that plank Gerrard pronouncing on all decisions in an authoritative way after the event. I guess that's what you mean[emoji6]

WhileTheChief..
05-09-2018, 10:07 AM
So is there an SFA conspiracy against Partick that we weren’t aware of?

I blame the blazers there and the daily record.

BonnieFitbaTeam
05-09-2018, 01:05 PM
He clearly gave it to Morton first because all the players line up as if it's a throw to Morton. Someone then realises that it's actually a throw to the Jags and they all reposition themselves. As someone pointed out earlier though, the direction of the throw was entirely secondary. It was a goal FFS!

Still, as long as Celtc and The Rangers players get away with whatever they want all is well in our national game :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Apparently the ref asked the 4th official for his opinion, but he'd gone to the toilets for a fag.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2018, 01:38 PM
A decision like this and the McGreggor one in the same week really does make it difficult to decide if our game is riddled with cheats or incompetents. It's probably both.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2018, 01:41 PM
A decision like this and the McGreggor one in the same week really does make it difficult to decide if our game is riddled with cheats or incompetents. It's probably both.

The incompetents get the games they dont give a toss about, and the corrupt get the bigots.

JimBHibees
05-09-2018, 02:11 PM
I saw this a few days ago.

If ever an incident summed up the current standard of refereeing in Scotland then this is it.

The fact that the SFA have apparently still not been in contact with Partick Thistle to address the concerns they have highlighted just shows the complete incompetence of the entire organisation and the contempt and disregard they show towards the smaller clubs.

Just imagine if that had been either of Partick Thistle's two neighbours who had been on the receiving end of such a decision.

It's scandalous and I'm just glad the decision didn't cost them the win although as Alan Archibald has rightly pointed out it could cost them with the goal difference.

Quite simply that is shameful compare and contrast with a linesman apologising to Rodgers immediately after a game. Shambles.

Ferry green
05-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Breaking News. A hastily arranged SFA judicial panel have just reviewed this incident. It has been retrospectively been declared as a goal and awarded to The Rangers

Fuzzywuzzy
05-09-2018, 05:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409767

Good on Doolan and thistle

Jack Hackett
05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409767

Good on Doolan and thistle

The ref and lino should match it

Pretty Boy
05-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Are refs allowed to speak to players and managers about specific decisions in the days after a match? The fact the ref and linesman haven't been in touch if they are says a lot about them.

Is a 2 minute phone call to apologise and say they made a mistake that much to ask? It's not like it's a case of interpretation, they have just made a horrendous error. Quick phone call, Thistle say the manager has spoken to the ref and the conversation will remain private and the whole story becomes an oddity and a footnote. Radio silence just drags it on and on.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Are refs allowed to speak to players and managers about specific decisions in the days after a match? The fact the ref and linesman haven't been in touch if they are says a lot about them.

Is a 2 minute phone call to apologise and say they made a mistake that much to ask? It's not like it's a case of interpretation, they have just made a horrendous error. Quick phone call, Thistle say the manager has spoken to the ref and the conversation will remain private and the whole story becomes an oddity and a footnote. Radio silence just drags it on and on.

They're allowed to apologise publicly to Brenda Rodgers so long as they do it promptly after the match and in a personal call.

Normally happens when they might have got a throw in wrong in the case of celtc or sevco.

JimBHibees
05-09-2018, 07:40 PM
They're allowed to apologise publicly to Brenda Rodgers so long as they do it promptly after the match and in a personal call.

Normally happens when they might have got a throw in wrong in the case of celtc or sevco.

The Rodgers one was apparently the linesman going into the dressing room asking for forgiveness. Truly bizarre. Kind of shows the pecking order though in comparison to how Thistle have been treated by the untouchables.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
The Rodgers one was apparently the linesman going into the dressing room asking for forgiveness. Truly bizarre. Kind of shows the pecking order though in comparison to how Thistle have been treated by the untouchables.Jeez, Rodgers might even have been embarrassed by that.

He probably didn't even have to absorb an apology from gerrard when he fell on his erse and robbed him of the EPL title.

pollution
06-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Not a jot on the SFA's website about this.

A simple apology or regret would diffuse the whole affair, which probably will have no bearing on the outcome of the league.

The silence at the SFA is very unhelpful to the ref and his assistant let alone to the reputation of Scottish football.

The fact it happened twice in 30 years or so at the same goal has been picked up by foreign commentators as proof that we are backwards in refereeing terms.

Who can deny that?

JimBHibees
07-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Not a jot on the SFA's website about this.

A simple apology or regret would diffuse the whole affair, which probably will have no bearing on the outcome of the league.

The silence at the SFA is very unhelpful to the ref and his assistant let alone to the reputation of Scottish football.

The fact it happened twice in 30 years or so at the same goal has been picked up by foreign commentators as proof that we are backwards in refereeing terms.

Who can deny that?

The way Thistle have been treated again to be honest is shameful, as think they were treated abominably with their game at Tynecastle last season when the game wasnt definitely on until the day of the game. Obviously seen as the small fry in glasgow by the authorities.

DaveF
12-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Did anything come of his publicly or are the SFA hoping it becomes yesterday's news?

pollution
13-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Did anything come of his publicly or are the SFA hoping it becomes yesterday's news?

I looked at the SFA website but could find nothing, not even a " contact us " option.

It must be a dire firm to work for where truth is not to be revealed. Like a Communist society of nothingness.

Separately, the fact that this happened at the very same goal posts as years ago means that there is something wrong with the sight lines of its situation?

SirDavidsNapper
13-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Yes. Lennon got a ban and Rangers were awarded 3 points

Newry Hibs
13-09-2018, 01:50 PM
I think they just need less tension in the nets so that they are not so bouncy. Maybe have a couple of super soft quilts as nets.

Daydreamer
14-09-2018, 12:04 PM
The referee who officiated at this game is Barry Cook who now officiates at the Clyde v Albion rovers game tomorrow but wait for it..... he was a goalkeeper with Clyde in the early 00's and had to give up goalkeeping due to his eyesight. I kid you not.

H18 SFR
14-09-2018, 07:08 PM
The referee who officiated at this game is Barry Cook who now officiates at the Clyde v Albion rovers game tomorrow but wait for it..... he was a goalkeeper with Clyde in the early 00's and had to give up goalkeeping due to his eyesight. I kid you not.

Also, the bombscare of an assistant is at Edinburgh City. In the first round of league fixtures since the collosal error they both have a game. Beggars belief.