PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

FranckSuzy
03-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Sadly in the last couple of weeks, I have heard of the passing of two good Hibby's (Kenny M and John S) but what really moved me was at the request of their families, any donations made in their memory were to go towards Kicks for Kids season tickets. Nearly £1,000 has since been received and some of the tickets were used for the Aberdeen game and the remainder will be in place for the Kilmarnock game.

It is truly moving that young fans - who wouldn't normally have the chance - will now be able to attend games due to their generosity and since 2013, nearly £68,000 has been donated, which is a truly remarkable amount, and makes me proud to be a Hibby :not worth

MyJo
03-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Fantastic stuff :aok:

Hibbyradge
03-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Top work, Suzy. Excellent.

Sorry to hear about the sad news.

Stevie Reid
03-09-2018, 06:30 PM
💚

Doh Rae Me
03-09-2018, 06:35 PM
With all the recent doom and gloom around here that's really refreshing to hear.
Keep up the excellent work and well done the donaters.
From sadness can come joy.
GGTTH

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Superb Suzy....just brilliant!

oneone73
03-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Superb Suzy....just brilliant!

I'll point John's brother in the direction of this thread. His was a Hibtastic funeral up in Inverness!

007 Mickey Weir
03-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Sadly in the last couple of weeks, I have heard of the passing of two good Hibby's (Kenny M and John S) but what really moved me was at the request of their families, any donations made in their memory were to go towards Kicks for Kids season tickets. Nearly £1,000 has since been received and some of the tickets were used for the Aberdeen game and the remainder will be in place for the Kilmarnock game.

It is truly moving that young fans - who wouldn't normally have the chance - will now be able to attend games due to their generosity and since 2013, nearly £68,000 has been donated, which is a truly remarkable amount, and makes me proud to be a Hibby :not worth

Brilliant!!

oneone73
03-09-2018, 08:13 PM
John's family are much moved by this thread.
John would have been very proud. After his family, Hibs were the biggest love of his life. It's good to think that kids who otherwise would not have had the chance, could soon be sharing that love. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
03-09-2018, 09:20 PM
John's family are much moved by this thread.
John would have been very proud. After his family, Hibs were the biggest love of his life. It's good to think that kids who otherwise would not have had the chance, could soon be sharing that love. GGTTH.

I was very touched when Laird got in touch and even more so when he told me all about John. His memory marches on 💚