PDA

View Full Version : Our away form

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 09:52 AM
2 wins in 2018 in the league and they both came at the start of the year against Dundee and rangers. Since the rangers game at the start of February we have:

Killie 2-2
St.johnstone 1-1
Ross county 1-1
Aberdeen 0-0
Hearts 2-1
St.johnsrone 1-1
Livi 2-1

I can remember first half of last season saying our home form under Lennon wasn't great and we had far too many draws and it looks like since January it's been a complete switch and we are unbeaten at home since mid December and not won away since February.

SaulGoodman
03-09-2018, 10:00 AM
The two away wins in 2018 bit looks bad, but you could spin it the other way and also say only two away losses in 2018 as well.

IWasThere2016
03-09-2018, 10:01 AM
2 wins in 2018 in the league and they both came at the start of the year against Dundee and rangers. Since the rangers game at the start of February we have:

Killie 2-2
St.johnstone 1-1
Ross county 1-1
Aberdeen 0-0
Hearts 2-1
St.johnsrone 1-1
Livi 2-1

I can remember first half of last season saying our home form under Lennon wasn't great and we had far too many draws and it looks like since January it's been a complete switch and we are unbeaten at home since mid December and not won away since February.

Killie - we were robbed by a HORRENDOUS pen call by the ref. Both StJ games we should have won and we dominated. IIRC, we missed a pen v the Dons. Livi - that pitch ffs!

I am not sure it is anything other than not getting the breaks tbh...

MyJo
03-09-2018, 10:23 AM
The two away wins in 2018 bit looks bad, but you could spin it the other way and also say only two away losses in 2018 as well.

Shhhh that doesn’t suit the agenda!

500miles
03-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Killie - we were robbed by a HORRENDOUS pen call by the ref. Both StJ games we should have won and we dominated. IIRC, we missed a pen v the Dons. Livi - that pitch ffs!

I think there's an element of that, but we can do more about it.

Fwiw, I think we'll go 451 away from home quite a bit this season. Agyepong, Boyle and Horgan in behind Kamberi give us a really quick counter option, with Maclaren being utilised at home and from the bench when space opens up away from home.

2 weeks with the squad will do a lot of the players some good. Having to wait for visas and English transfer windows closing, as well doing a lot of European travelling and recovery when other teams were training has disrupted our start to the season a bit.

Scottie
03-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Always happens after a dismal defeat I'm afraid. :agree:

calumhibee1
03-09-2018, 11:03 AM

It is true. However you’ve also got to consider that points wise draws are twice as close to defeats as wins are to draws (I hope that makes sense :greengrin) so it’s not a comparison that you can just flip on it’s head

So while two defeats isn’t a bad amount of defeats in that time, the amount of draws has still caused us to ship alot of points. Wins are what are required for where we want to be and because of that, the amount of wins is probably a more relevant stat than the fact we’ve only had two defeats.

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 11:42 AM

What agenda? Posting facts? Go away troll

HibeeHibernian4
03-09-2018, 11:51 AM
It's objectively been very poor in 2018, and has been saved only by our outstanding home form.

3 wins (Dundee, Rangers, Runavik)
6 draws (Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Ross County, Aberdeen, Asteras, St Johnstone)
5 defeats (Hearts, Celtic, Hearts, Molde, Livingston)

Domestically, we haven't won an away game since we beat Rangers at Ibrox in early February.

If we want to start competing with the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers, we need to be going away to the likes of St Johnstone and winning.

G B Young
03-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Of those results the Livi defeat is the only one you'd look at and think it was a c**p result. The derby was frustrating but Hearts staked their entire season on winning it.

Plenty of those games we'd have lost 1-0 pre-Lennon.

calumhibee1
03-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Of those results the Livi defeat is the only one you'd look at and think it was a c**p result. The derby was frustrating but Hearts staked their entire season on winning it.

Plenty of those games we'd have lost 1-0 pre-Lennon.

In isolation you’re right, none of them other than Livi are really bad results. It’s when you add them all together and add up the points dropped that it becomes very poor. 5 points out of 21.

Fife-Hibee
03-09-2018, 01:02 PM

We always use the excuse of not getting the breaks. We've been saying that for a very long time now. If you don't score goals and you switch off at the back, you don't win games. It's a basic principle we seem to ignore in place of the excuse of bad luck.

Blaster
03-09-2018, 01:08 PM
In isolation you’re right, none of them other than Livi are really bad results. It’s when you add them all together and add up the points dropped that it becomes very poor. 5 points out of 21.

What I liked about last season was our seemingly ‘bad’ results were usually draws. At least we picked up something and whilst not ideal it kept the points moving along

Saturday is what I would call a proper bad result

Keith_M
03-09-2018, 01:10 PM

I kinda agree with the Killie game (although I thought we were poor for a whole hour of the match) but we really have to start beating the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston nine times out of ten.

That might sound conceited but, if we want to compete at the top end of the league, it's a necessity.

Peevemor
03-09-2018, 01:23 PM
I kinda agree with the Killie game (although I thought we were poor for a whole hour of the match) but we really have to start beating the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston nine times out of ten.

That might sound conceited but, if we want to compete at the top end of the league, it's a necessity.

Last season only Aberdeen beat them 3 times out of 3. St Johnstone beat Rangers once and drew twice with Celtic.