PDA

View Full Version : 7 starters

MacGruber
03-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Lennon clearly doesn't know his best team and combinations. It is difficult even for 2 fans to agree on our best 11 when all fit and available and depending on the formation used.

I make it IMO we have 7 that start when all fit regardless of formation. However I am making an assumption that Milligan will be a player and starter and I have no idea if that will be the case.

Rocky
McGregor
Hanlon
Milligan
Boyle
Horgan
Kamberi

Players of the ilk of Ambrose, Gray, Stevenson, MacLaren, Mallan, Hyndman aren't in that bracket.

Gray and Stevenson start in a back 4 for instance and Ambrose would miss out. Though 3,5,2 I would have to include Boyle so Gray misses out. Mallan would play most but Slivka offers more mobility etc. MaClaren can't play up on his own.

Can't see Bartley playing if Milligan is fit. Whilst playing Hyndman pushes Horgan left and could squeeze out Stevenson.

I think we have good options though a small squad. When all fit it is very difficult to leave some of these players out.

Unfortunately from the 7 I see as automatic picks (on the jump that Milligan is a player) 4 have been unavailable - all 4 physically big strong players.

Anybody else have someone as a fixture on the teamsheet over and above those 7 - or disagree and think I'm talking mince!

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2018, 08:54 AM
We have a good squad. We can’t play the same way we did last year though. Lennon may need to change his formation.

I’ve no idea about Milligan and I’m unsure if he’s even in Edinburgh so who knows when he will actually be fit. Why we didn’t try for Kamara or somebody like Campbell at Well is beyond me. Anyway.

When all is fit I reckon.

Rocky

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Boyle Horgan

Kamberi Mclaren

Still leaves us with a bench of Whittaker, Bartley, Macgregor, Porteous, Shaw, Agyepong which seems pretty strong.

Strikers are a massive issue though. Why we didn’t sign an extra one is mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Lennon clearly doesn't know his best team and combinations. It is difficult even for 2 fans to agree on our best 11 when all fit and available and depending on the formation used.

I make it IMO we have 7 that start when all fit regardless of formation. However I am making an assumption that Milligan will be a player and starter and I have no idea if that will be the case.

Rocky
McGregor
Hanlon
Milligan
Boyle
Horgan
Kamberi

Players of the ilk of Ambrose, Gray, Stevenson, MacLaren, Mallan, Hyndman aren't in that bracket.

Gray and Stevenson start in a back 4 for instance and Ambrose would miss out. Though 3,5,2 I would have to include Boyle so Gray misses out. Mallan would play most but Slivka offers more mobility etc. MaClaren can't play up on his own.

Can't see Bartley playing if Milligan is fit. Whilst playing Hyndman pushes Horgan left and could squeeze out Stevenson.

I think we have good options though a small squad. When all fit it is very difficult to leave some of these players out.

Unfortunately from the 7 I see as automatic picks (on the jump that Milligan is a player) 4 have been unavailable - all 4 physically big strong players.

Anybody else have someone as a fixture on the teamsheet over and above those 7 - or disagree and think I'm talking mince!
Porteous will always start in the seven when Hanlon Ambrose MacGregor unavailable indeed many would say pushing for a start in his own right!

makaveli1875
03-09-2018, 09:03 AM
il go against the grain and say Boyle needs dropped until he learns to compose himself in the box instead of just wildly blootering the ball from impossibe angles . Watching Celtics goal yesterday , as Forrest played the ball across for N'tcham i couldnt help thinking if that was Boyle he would have just swung his boot and put it into row Z .

calumhibee1
03-09-2018, 09:10 AM
When everyone is fit I’d say we need to play:

Rocky

Gray
Two of centre halves (although unsure what ones)
Stevenson

Milligan (on the presumption he turns out to be a good holding midfielder
Horgan
Boyle

Kamberi

Leaving the two centre half positions up for grabs and then either 2 midfielders or a midfielder and a striker.

So to me there’s 7 who start every week with 4 places up for grabs.

scoopyboy
03-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Rocky
McGregor
Hanlon
Milligan
Boyle
Horgan
Kamberi

Ambrose never misses out on a starting place. Undroppable according to the players.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2018, 09:15 AM
I wonder if when everyone is fit we might go with both Milligan and Bartley in a 3-5-2?

One of the Rocky or Bogdan

Any 3 from Porteous efe daz and hanlon at the back.

Stevenson Horgan Bartley Milligan and Boyle.

And Kamberi up front with McLaren or Mallan just behind.

Assuming Milligan is decent, i think that would make us very strong, difficult to get through, and a good attacking threat.

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 09:33 AM
If we are going to persist with 3-5-2 then Gray should be playing ahead of Boyle.

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2018, 09:42 AM
il go against the grain and say Boyle needs dropped until he learns to compose himself in the box instead of just wildly blootering the ball from impossibe angles . Watching Celtics goal yesterday , as Forrest played the ball across for N'tcham i couldnt help thinking if that was Boyle he would have just swung his boot and put it into row Z .
If Boyle could show more composure he would be world class needs to calm down look up and weigh up all possible options for the benefit of the team.He has a decent shot in him but at times I don’t think he could hit the target if his life depended on it.Needs to keep his head over the ball.
Many would say if he could do all these things he would not be at HIBS. One thing for sure he is not a striker.Arthur Duncan who was very similar to Boyle very quick was a composed finisher and chipped in with his fair share of goals you never saw him ballooning the ball over from impossible angles when there were others waiting in the box in better positions. Just my opinion :wink:

Greenbeard
03-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I too agree there is a crying need for Boyle to improve his end product. At the risk of repeating myself, it is great to see him taking folk on and he is one of our best and most exciting threats, but the threat fizzles out when you can't finish or provide well. But dropped?

Also agree with others that it is great that we have various options for different formations so we can adapt and also be unpredictable, not only match to match, but also within a match. But only if, when a change is implemented, the players immediately know exactly what the revised formation is and where they fit in. Too many changes and you run the risk of confusion for any who are not the brightest buttons in the box.