02-09-2018, 06:44 PM
We are Hibs we rule supreme.

Keep the faith.

:flag:

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 07:31 PM
...if you've not already, join HSL :aok:

Already a member myself.........

If I wasn’t tho, right now I’d be asking the question why?

For what reason?

MyJo
02-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Already a member myself.........

If I wasn’t tho, right now I’d be asking the question why?

For what reason?

People want us to be more like Hearts.

Hearts are making the number of signings they are because people are putting their hands in their pockets and giving money to FoH.

JimboHibs
02-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Hearts are making the number of signings they are because people are putting their hands in their pockets and giving money to FoH.

More like Hearts 😱

coco22
02-09-2018, 07:50 PM

I wish nothing in the world for us to be, in any way, less like Hertz in everything we do

MyJo
02-09-2018, 07:50 PM
More like Hearts 😱

A large number of people are holding them up as a shining example of how to operate because they have won their first 4 league games

JimboHibs
02-09-2018, 07:54 PM
A large number of people are holding them up as a shining example of how to operate because they have won their first 4 league games

A large number of ar5eholes.

Ryan69
02-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Fantastic idea HSL!
Just seems what is required on the field....The money WONT be invested!

We are desperately low on squad depth!

I know it,you know it....everybody knows it!

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 08:02 PM

Totally agree. My problem here is tho we have doubled our average attendance in the last few season, had a fair amount of success, Scottish Cup, Euro, increase in sponsorship, and sold a few players.

Across the road the bring in £100k+ per month, yet manage to sign in excess of 17 players and win 4/4 beating Celtic and Kilmarnock.

We struggle to beat newly promoted Livingston, St Johnstone.
We have signed a few ‘quality’ players over the season, majority have been on loan, which parent clubs will subsidise majority of the wages.

As a fan, I don’t like think we have done enough during the windows and backed the best manager I’ve seen at Easter Road in years.
Why do I think that. Lennon clearly stated he wanted to bring more in at the tail end of the window. Result - Zero

2 players released which will cost Hibs but not as much as paying them wages for the full length of their contract.

Not good enough and doesn’t fill non HSL fans with confidence that the cash will be spent on players.

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Totally agree. My problem here is tho we have doubled our average attendance in the last few season, had a fair amount of success, Scottish Cup, Euro, increase in sponsorship, and sold a few players.

Across the road the bring in £100k+ per month, yet manage to sign in excess of 17 players and win 4/4 beating Celtic and Kilmarnock.

We have signed a few ‘quality’ players over the season, majority have been on loan, which parent clubs will subsidise majority of the wages.

As a fan, I don’t like think we have done enough during the windows and backed the best manager I’ve seen at Easter Road in years.
Why do I think that. Lennon clearly stated he wanted to bring more in at the tail end of the window. Result - Zero

2 players released which will cost Hibs but not as much as paying them wages for the full length of their contract.

Not good enough and doesn’t fill non HSL fans with confidence that the cash will be spent on players.

MyJo
02-09-2018, 08:26 PM

You clearly have a much better knowledge of our clubs finances than I do.

Maybe you could share with us how much more money we are making nowadays and what we’re spending on wages and transfer fees?

oldbutdim
02-09-2018, 08:58 PM
What’s the money being spent on then Slim?

Or should it just be spent anyway, on anything?

I’m missing the point I think.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-09-2018, 09:05 PM

And how much have the club lost in recent years thanks to the calamitous (self inflicted) relegation?
And almost complete lack of sale of players of value, to balance the books over this time.
I'm more critical than most of the governance of the club, but we aren't suddenly awash with money.

We struggled and lost to Livi, last season Hamilton came and hammered us at Easter Rd, St Johnstone also won at Easter Rd, neither result ended the season - any more than yesterday will.

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 09:31 PM
What’s the money being spent on then Slim?

Or should it just be spent anyway, on anything?

I’m missing the point I think.

No idea where it is being spent.
I would like to see our spend it (wisely) on bringing in players and keeping the feel good factor going, keep the fans coming back, keep attracting more fans to return. Not slipping back 10/15 years again.

Fans are there. We showed that with the crowds at parade when we won the cup. We haven’t even tapped into 20% of that crowd that cheered the bus from Chambers Street to Leith Walk. If we could we all know we would be in a great position.

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Maybe you could share with us how much more money we are making nowadays and what we’re spending on wages and transfer fees?

Typical smart assed answer.
At no point did I alude to knowing the above, however you know as well as every other fan our attendances have increased, we won the Scottish, finished in a Euro spot. Made money from our euro games, sold McGinn, Murray.

If you can’t debate the point sensibly, why bother replying.

greenginger
02-09-2018, 09:38 PM

There will be no FoH money given to Hearts this year or next. £ 2.5 million is being accumulated to pay off Mrs Budge's loan so they can own the Club themselves.

oldbutdim
02-09-2018, 09:42 PM
No idea where it is being spent.
I would like to see our spend it (wisely) on bringing in players and keeping the feel good factor going, keep the fans coming back, keep attracting more fans to return. Not slipping back 10/15 years again.

Fans are there. We showed that with the crowds at parade when we won the cup. We haven’t even tapped into 20% of that crowd that cheered the bus from Chambers Street to Leith Walk. If we could we all know we would be in a great position.

Not unreasonable points at all.

Totally agree that the current cash cow should be milked and Hibs benefit accordingly.

I’m with you on that.

Pagan Hibernia
02-09-2018, 09:43 PM
There will be no FoH money given to Hearts this year or next. £ 2.5 million is being accumulated to pay off Mrs Budge's loan so they can own the Club themselves.

Which is why it’s all the more worrying that they’re sitting pretty at the top of the table. By right they shouldn’t have a pot to pish in right now.

before long all that money going monthly to Budge and the stadium costs WILL be spent on the team. And we need to be able to compete with that or they’ll get ahead of us again

MacGruber
02-09-2018, 09:45 PM
HSL won't match FOH anytime soon.

Their launch was give us £10 a month or we die.

Ours is give us £10 a month if you can.

It's never been compelling enough for the masses wheras money or death was.

Sad but true

lord bunberry
02-09-2018, 09:51 PM
At no point did I alude to knowing the above, however you know as well as every other fan our attendances have increased, we won the Scottish, finished in a Euro spot. Made money from our euro games, sold McGinn, Murray.

I agree with you. If we hadn’t received a penny in transfers during the window I would’ve expected to see who we brought in anyway. We’ve got record season ticket sales, more prize money from being in the premier league and more money from European prize money. When you add in the transfer money I don’t think you have to be an expert on the clubs finances to realise that we’ve not spent anything near what we’ve brought in. The question is why, is it because we tried and didn’t get the players we wanted or is it because we decided to bank the money for other things.

MyJo
02-09-2018, 09:52 PM

I know everything that you have pointed out but I have no clue how much the club are spending. I don’t know how much our wage budget is or how the extra money that’s coming into the club is being spent or not spent.

Given you have confirmed that we aren’t spending the extra money that we are bringing in and we are not backing the manager I assumed that was because you had an intimate knowledge of the clubs finances and expenditure that I didn’t.

As a layman looking from the outside it appears to me that increased attendances and earnings from transfer fees and european games is allowing us to sign 3 or 4 players for transfer fees in this window alone. Two players that were at the World Cup this summer and other players that probably wouldn’t be signing for us if we still only paid £2k a week maximum.

But that’s just me, and I don’t know s**t

Scotty Leither
02-09-2018, 10:31 PM
Personally, I'd task our Directors with bringing outside investment to the club.

As someone who purchases 3 season tickets every year and has a d/d to HSL, I grow weary of the impetus for growing the financial side of the club onto the fans.

Slim Shady
02-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Personally, I'd task our Directors with bringing outside investment to the club.

As someone who purchases 3 season tickets every year and has a d/d to HSL, I grow weary of the impetus for growing the financial side of the club onto the fans.

Bang on Scotty. The board as a whole needs to do more.

I know one very wealthy businessman fronted part of a consortium with an offer to fund Hibs with a transfer fund pot. This was shot down by the board, rightly or wrongly is not for me to judge.

What I do know is that he dared to question why Hibs will continue to pay back a lifetime of loans for shares rather use the same model used by many other SPl clubs that managed to write off debts / outstanding loans.

Other than have questioned the loans have also been vilified by the board members who receive personal gains from Hibernian Football Club.

matty_f
02-09-2018, 10:51 PM

I think there's room for both. The club definitely should be looking to get money into the club from other parties, and I'd think that they are active in that respect.

Hearts are benefiting from mystery benefactors at the moment, there's surely similar individuals who would be prepared to back Hibs in the same way.

AgentDaleCooper
02-09-2018, 10:58 PM
HSL won't match FOH anytime soon.

Their launch was give us £10 a month or we die.

Ours is give us £10 a month if you can.

It's never been compelling enough for the masses wheras money or death was.

Sad but true
What about aberdeen's scheme?

Scotty Leither
02-09-2018, 11:00 PM
I think there's room for both. The club definitely should be looking to get money into the club from other parties, and I'd think that they are active in that respect.

Hearts are benefiting from mystery benefactors at the moment, there's surely similar individuals who would be prepared to back Hibs in the same way.

Hearts are being backed by Directors from a long established Edinburgh fund management company, I'm led to believe, referenced outright by name by another poster on another thread.

We have a Director who is an ex-MD of an investment bank, another one who is ex-CEO of Aston Villa.

I'd like to see them live up to their billing by getting some serious cash into this club. I'll then up my d/d to HSL, as currently i feel as far as generating surplus monies for the manager, it's one way with Hibs at the moment.

SquashedFrogg
02-09-2018, 11:00 PM

So what happens if outside investment happens and we still sit around 3/4th in the league?

What then? You still going to whinge?

All I'm hearing is grown adults make unrealistic statements with no real thought process.

"Boo hoo, I want the big toy from the shop....boo hoo, the boy next door has one, boo hoo, it's not fair...."

Been watching Hibs for 30 odd years and can't remember a time when we were so strong as a club.

More concerning for me is that some people actually react so negatively at the slightest thing. How do they operate in real life?

Scotty Leither
02-09-2018, 11:03 PM
So what happens if outside investment happens and we still sit around 3/4th in the league?

What then? You still going to whinge?

All I'm hearing is grown adults make unrealistic statements with no real thought process.

"Boo hoo, I want the big toy from the shop....boo hoo, the boy next door has one, boo hoo, it's not fair...."

Been watching Hibs for 30 odd years and can't remember a time when we were so strong as a club.

More concerning for me is that some people actually react so negatively at the slightest thing. How do they operate in real life?

The thread title is "for those unhappy..." - I've gave you my rationale for how the fans and Directors can help achieve that. Beyond that I'm beat, I'm afraid.

SquashedFrogg
02-09-2018, 11:06 PM
The thread title is "for those unhappy..." - I've gave you my rationale for how the fans and Directors can help achieve that. Beyond that I'm beat, I'm afraid.

Apologies. Perhaps remnants of a weekend where I've been ashamed at some of the dross posted on here. No personal offence mate.

Been a long, frustrating weekend.

Keep the faith 😶

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2018, 11:06 PM

No, that's not what folk are doing. What folk are saying is that the money they collect from the fans is making a difference now and will make a far bigger difference in the future if it continues. The fact that they have spent over 10 million building a stand and yet can still pay players more than we do, without the on field success we have had in the last 3 to 5 years so far as money spinning semis and finals is concerned is IMO purely down to the over one million quid a year their fans contribute. The amount FOH are pumping into the club, no matter what use its being put to, is still freeing up money to spend on the field that would have been needed elsewhere …. you don't need to be a financial genius to work that out.

Acknowledging that a million quids worth of free money every year has to be beneficial to a club isn't holding it up as a shining example of how to operate … its facing up to the absolute fact that if we don't at least attempt to match it they will gain an advantage over us in the long term … every Hibs fan who joins HSL makes the likelihood of that happening less likely …. and in case you missed the thread I started, its now the case that Aberdeen have their own version of HSL / FOH which has garnered 6,000 contributors in less than 6 months ….. Aberdeen have sold this to the fans as a need for the club to combat what Hibs and Hearts are doing.

How Hearts, or Aberdeen for that matter, run their clubs is immaterial …. when they are doing something which is clear to even the most blinkered opponent as beneficial to their clubs and will make them harder to compete with in the long run we cant just sit on our hands and refuse to come to the party just because a club we cant stand is doing it.

green day
02-09-2018, 11:12 PM

I know one very wealthy businessman fronted part of a consortium with an offer to fund Hibs with a transfer fund pot. This was shot down by the board, rightly or wrongly is not for me to judge.

What I do know is that he dared to question why Hibs will continue to pay back a lifetime of loans for shares rather use the same model used by many other SPl clubs that managed to write off debts / outstanding loans.

Other than have questioned the loans have also been vilified by the board members who receive personal gains from Hibernian Football Club.

What is "a lifetime of loans for shares"?

Genuine question, I don't understand

SquashedFrogg
02-09-2018, 11:15 PM
No, that's not what folk are doing. What folk are saying is that the money they collect from the fans is making a difference now and will make a far bigger difference in the future if it continues. The fact that they have spent over 10 million building a stand and yet can still pay players more than we do, without the on field success we have had in the last 3 to 5 years so far as money spinning semis and finals is concerned is IMO purely down to the over one million quid a year their fans contribute. The amount FOH are pumping into the club, no matter what use its being put to, is still freeing up money to spend on the field that would have been needed elsewhere …. you don't need to be a financial genius to work that out.

Acknowledging that a million quids worth of free money every year has to be beneficial to a club isn't holding it up as a shining example of how to operate … its facing up to the absolute fact that if we don't at least attempt to match it they will gain an advantage over us in the long term … every Hibs fan who joins HSL makes the likelihood of that happening less likely …. and in case you missed the thread I started, its now the case that Aberdeen have their own version of HSL / FOH which has garnered 6,000 contributors in less than 6 months ….. Aberdeen have sold this to the fans as a need for the club to combat what Hibs and Hearts are doing.

How Hearts, or Aberdeen for that matter, run their clubs is immaterial …. when they are doing something which is clear to even the most blinkered opponent as beneficial to their clubs and will make them harder to compete with in the long run we cant just sit on our hands and refuse to come to the party just because a club we cant stand is doing it.

But would people be discussing this if Hearts were sitting on, say 4 points right now?

My feeling is no.

broondog
02-09-2018, 11:19 PM
But would people be discussing this if Hearts were sitting on, say 4 points right now?

My feeling is no.

The answer is no you are correct. I don't think replicating what they are doing achieves anything for us. I would prefer to be as far away from them as possible. I don't agree with HSL in principle or the hearts foundation. Fans shouldn't have to pay extra money on top of buying season tickets, cup tickets, merchandise etc. That's complete exploitation. Nothing against people contributing but I personally wouldn't as I pour enough money in already.

Scotty Leither
02-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Apologies. Perhaps remnants of a weekend where I've been ashamed at some of the dross posted on here. No personal offence mate.

Been a long, frustrating weekend.

Keep the faith 😶

None taken, mate. I've been around a wee bit and can take any brickbats flung at me on a fans'message board.

I'm passionate about Hibernian FC - they've been a constant in my life since the age of about 5 years old. I'll never give up on the club and 21/05/2016 was one of the best days of my life.

I'm just detecting though that this wave of optimism we've been riding this last few years is in danger of dissipating through inertia at Board level.

Rightly or wrongly, that's how I see it and fans forums such as these are the only outlet for some of our frustrations, as I've tried the conventional route of contacting the club through e-mail, phone calls, etc, and HFC aren't the most responsive body I've ever dealt with, trust me on that one.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2018, 12:26 AM

My feeling is no.

No I don't think they would either. But the fact is that they are top of the league unbeaten after 4 games and you would have to be pretty complacent not to acknowledge that the fact they are is in many ways down to the fact that the FOH money has at least in part nullified the worst affects of a scattergun signing policy which would have ruined many other clubs …… look what a similar policy of quantity over quality did to us.

Its a long season and nobody should be panicking after 4 games … but there's no harm in looking at every way the club can compete against its rivals and no matter what has raised the conversation nobody can deny that more people contributing to HSL has to be a good thing.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2018, 04:45 AM
What happened to the I Leeann we trust / she's out most Important signing ?

Was the trust really only as strong as one defeat?

I understand Tena do pants for men.

Think back to Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood for some perspective.

Why must we always find a stick to beat ourselves with?

Ray_
03-09-2018, 05:10 AM

We would have a clue if we were transparent in our dealings. I have two accounts of HSL on the go and after this window, I am asking why.

Brizo
03-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Rightly or wrongly, that's how I see it and fans forums such as these are the only outlet for some of our frustrations, as I've tried the conventional route of contacting the club through e-mail, phone calls, etc, and HFC aren't the most responsive body I've ever dealt with, trust me on that one.

Off on a slight tangent but that point is very valid. Ive seen it on other threads and experienced it myself. Despite having two fan reps on our Board the Club have become very poor at responding to fans written / phone queries. This wasn't the case in the early part of LDs time at ER but appears to be now. Hopefully its not because with 18000 crowds they don't think they need to make the effort ? A couple of poor seasons and 18000 can become 8000, and people remember when their clubs given them the rubber ear.

Slim Shady
03-09-2018, 06:17 AM

Not one post on this thread has put any blame towards LD.
You mention 3 of the worst tenures imaginable, if the board are not careful we will fall back to that. 8000 at home, bottom six finishes.

Have you read the whole thread or just glanced over it. Some very valid points are made.

Slim Shady
03-09-2018, 06:29 AM

Couldn’t give two monkeys where’s Hearts are just now. I’m banking on it not lasting. Can’t sign that many players and keep them and the remaining players happy.

My problem is Neil clearly had players he wanted to bring in. A striker, and a defender. We were prepared to let Efe go if we signed a defender. More £££ in our bank if we did.

Now we still have Efe who has had a calamitous start to the season. Playing, Whittaker who is finished, not the standard we should be expecting and Lewis Allan upfront. Lewis Is a young player I rate and really hope he makes it with Hibs but not quite ready atm.

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 07:21 AM

Is she above criticism like? Also I don't see the relevance in people bringing up what it was like 4 or 5 years ago. Just because we were ***** then doesn't mean we should be totally happy with what's going on now after a shaky start to the season.

southern hibby
03-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Genuine question.

I’ve read on Hibs Net several times now about Hearts scattergun approach on player recruitement, but is it? What’s the chances that they have for let’s say at least 50% - 70% of the players actively had them assessed before bringing in?

We know the type of players they go for, big and physical and it looks like again thats the approach from them. They brought in a few straight away which makes me think they actually knew who they wanted and went out and got them, which suggests to me that’s preplanned not a scattergun approach.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Other than the 2 directors who are paid salaries, who receives personal gains?

And what "lifetime of loans"? We have 1 loan, which has already been partly written off, and which will be repaid within 7 years.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
03-09-2018, 07:43 AM
None taken, mate. I've been around a wee bit and can take any brickbats flung at me on a fans'message board.

I'm passionate about Hibernian FC - they've been a constant in my life since the age of about 5 years old. I'll never give up on the club and 21/05/2016 was one of the best days of my life.

I'm just detecting though that this wave of optimism we've been riding this last few years is in danger of dissipating through inertia at Board level.

You’ve made a very good point about fans and outlets for discussion. Many of us don’t care too much about how the club is run if we are getting it right on the field. What is clear is despite all the discussion there remains a lot of doubt about longer term strategies.

The money we pay to STF , 500,000k a year, clearly has a massive impact on our slending power. Most agree that getting rid of external debt was a good thing. If we hadn’t gone down that route, what in your view was the alternative?

I have some vaguely formed notions, but lack clarity. Clearly the deal is good for STF, as he gets money back which would be unlikely to happen any other way. If the club was sold tomorrow what would it be worth?

The safeguarding via HSL and the individual shareholders. Do you think that will be a deterrent to investment in the future, after all why would anyone buy a share in a business whereby they are unable to fully assume control.

At the present time we have the best manager, best Chief Executive and biggest backing from the fans in 40 years. We seem very divided in terms of faith in the board and commitment to investment in the squad. I’ve said before that the feel good factor won’t last if we can’t sustain quality on the field.

MyJo
03-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Is she above criticism like? Also I don't see the relevance in people bringing up what it was like 4 or 5 years ago. Just because we were ***** then doesn't mean we should be totally happy with what's going on now after a shaky start to the season.

Shaky start to the season :hilarious:

We’ve lost 2 games out of 11.

Of the league games that we’ve played before the Livingston game we’ve done better than we did against those same teams last season.

Motherwell at home was a draw
St Johnstone away was a draw
Aberdeen at home was a loss

The Livingston result was crap but I would say it wasn’t as bad as the Hamilton result we suffered at this stage last season given that was at home while the Livingston game was away on a terrible pitch with half a team injured or unavailable to us.

J-C
03-09-2018, 09:17 AM

They have 3-4 secret investors pumping in a good few quid regularly, remember at their last AGM there was a donation of around £2m which put their accounts into the black. This won't last forever but after last season being humiliated by the gap between the clubs, these investors have obviously had enough and want to turn it around.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2018, 09:23 AM
They have 3-4 secret investors pumping in a good few quid regularly, remember at their last AGM there was a donation of around £2m which put their accounts into the black. This won't last forever but after last season being humiliated by the gap between the clubs, these investors have obviously had enough and want to turn it around.

You say "investors", which suggests they are looking for a return. Any idea what that is, other than just a better team on the park?

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 09:27 AM

Of the league games that we’ve played before the Livingston game we’ve done better than we did against those same teams last season.

The Livingston result was crap but I would say it wasn’t as bad as the Hamilton result we suffered at this stage last season given that was at home while the Livingston game was away on a terrible pitch with half a team injured or unavailable to us.

We have won 1 game in 4 at the start of the season and dropped points away to st.johnstone and livi. Lennon spoke about these kind of dropped points costing us last season but it seems nothing has changed and the team that has started this season is far weaker than the one that ended last. When was the last time we actually won away from home in the league? Start of February against rangers? Not good enough

I'm Spartacus
03-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Funny how this turns into a "more like Hearts" debate and folk then bite and bicker. It's nothing to do with them.

Trying to tell me 2k fans paying and average of £10 per month isn't going to make a difference? £20k per month could give us the odd player that makes the difference between top 6 and top 3.

Anybody know what the contribution stats are at the moment?

Lemonade
03-09-2018, 09:36 AM

This post should be pinned at the top of the message board.:top marks

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2018, 09:39 AM

For me any good will we have thats dissipating is because of supporters who want more than we can afford, and who have some sort of over estimate on what our club can do off the park and on it.

We as a club have been sheite basically off and on the park for years, yet the new regime has come in and doubled crowds, through getting a winning side on the park, good PR and of course winning the cup.

Now we have folk screaming that we should be going for 2nd place, and 4th place is going backward. We want to run before we can walk, and in my lifetime we've struggled to qualify for Europe for most of it, but now we should be getting 2nd place, even though there's 4 clubs who spend more than us?

J-C
03-09-2018, 09:51 AM
You say "investors", which suggests they are looking for a return. Any idea what that is, other than just a better team on the park?

Maybe not investors as such, better described as donators. I've been told that it's a few wealthy business people who are Hearts fans were well peed off after last season, they want the " natural order " restored. Good in the short term but very much unsustainable, will they be donating every year to pay over the odds wages, I very much doubt it.

MyJo
03-09-2018, 10:09 AM
For me any good will we have thats dissipating is because of supporters who want more than we can afford, and who have some sort of over estimate on what our club can do off the park and on it.

We as a club have been sheite basically off and on the park for years, yet the new regime has come in and doubled crowds, through getting a winning side on the park, good PR and of course winning the cup.

Now we have folk screaming that we should be going for 2nd place, and 4th place is going backward. We want to run before we can walk, and in my lifetime we've struggled to qualify for Europe for most of it, but now we should be getting 2nd place, even though there's 4 clubs who spend more than us?

https://i.giphy.com/media/pSV1DhrKYcyiY/giphy.gif

oldbutdim
03-09-2018, 10:25 AM
https://i.giphy.com/media/pSV1DhrKYcyiY/giphy.gif

It says "THIS"

But my lipreading says "PISH"

:confused:

Hibbyradge
03-09-2018, 11:00 AM
It says "THIS"

Definitely "pish".

😂

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2018, 11:28 AM
It says "THIS"

Definitely "pish".

😂

:greengrin . :agree:

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2018, 11:40 AM
It says "THIS"

:top marks

Maybe old but not so dim :wink:

lord bunberry
03-09-2018, 11:51 AM

We were going for second place last season. Our manager had a meltdown after we blew the chance to get second, it was him that said fourth wasn’t good enough. Personally speaking I only want to see the club making progress or at least not going backwards. We’ve been in this situation many times in the past and ended up blowing it and going into decline. Dempster said she wanted to make sure that didn’t happen, but time will tell whether we’ve done enough to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.
I think the lack of signings on deadline day and then that horrible performance on Saturday has led to the extreme reaction we’ve seen in the past few days. Now that I’ve calmed down I’m just going to try and forget about the game on Saturday and hope that the club has got things right and prove that I’m just a drama queen :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2018, 12:13 PM
We were going for second place last season. Our manager had a meltdown after we blew the chance to get second, it was him that said fourth wasn’t good enough. Personally speaking I only want to see the club making progress or at least not going backwards. We’ve been in this situation many times in the past and ended up blowing it and going into decline. Dempster said she wanted to make sure that didn’t happen, but time will tell whether we’ve done enough to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.
I think the lack of signings on deadline day and then that horrible performance on Saturday has led to the extreme reaction we’ve seen in the past few days. Now that I’ve calmed down I’m just going to try and forget about the game on Saturday and hope that the club has got things right and prove that I’m just a drama queen :greengrin

:greengrin

We were going for 2nd last season, but do you honestly think after having the best midfield in the league leave, that we can just pick any player up and do the same?

We in my opinion need to get real, and another 4th place finish would be a real achievement for us, we need to start being regularly in Europe to progress, and we have the right people in charge to do this.

We cant have a meltdown every time we lose, christ every team loses during the season. Lets see where we are once we have everyone up and running before we start hitting the panic buttons.

Springbank
03-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Definitely "pish".

😂

It is very accurate in that case.

Lots of blind faith & unswerving loyalty to the board on this thread from one or two.

I will give it a rest after this post until 1 Nov (the date being carefully chosen).

My view as of 3 September is that we have had a horrendous transfer window

We knew we were losing the 3 musketeers in midfield & getting £150k for Murray. They are long gone and I am not comparing the current influx with them.

Instead, looking at our signings on their own merit, we have seemingly failed to sign anyone who is an orthodox all-round midfielder (a Kamara type, if you like).

We have signed a centre half who can play the Bartley role (and I look forward to seeing Milligan fitting in).

We have signed 2 wingers, to add to Martin Boyle's wing threat, but without a solid central mid unit to win the ball & recycle it to them it's not clear where they can all be effective.

We have signed a dead ball expert who refuses to defend. There is talent in Stevie Mallan and I hope I am eating these words on 1 Nov. But if he has designs on being a Hibs-level footballer (or above) then he must learn the other side of the game, or his horizons need to be lowered. He looks to me like a midfielder who has an 8 week crash course between now & the derby in becoming an allrounder before a white hot test at Tynecastle. I sincerely hope he takes his chance here at Easter Road, and grabs that game by the scruff - legend status will be his - but let's not pretend he is the finished article today. The hard work starts here.

We started at the weekend with one still-developing centre forward starting and another relied upon to come off the bench.

It's a very imbalanced window & one where the board (rightly) have serious questions to answer.

lord bunberry
03-09-2018, 12:26 PM
:greengrin

We were going for 2nd last season, but do you honestly think after having the best midfield in the league leave, that we can just pick any player up and do the same?

We in my opinion need to get real, and another 4th place finish would be a real achievement for us, we need to start being regularly in Europe to progress, and we have the right people in charge to do this.

We cant have a meltdown every time we lose, christ every team loses during the season. Lets see where we are once we have everyone up and running before we start hitting the panic buttons.
I just want us to be up there challenging for a top four finish every season. I agree about not having a meltdown every time we lose and normally I don’t, but I lost the plot this time. :greengrin

hhibs
03-09-2018, 03:09 PM
It is very accurate in that case.

Lots of blind faith & unswerving loyalty to the board on this thread from one or two.

I will give it a rest after this post until 1 Nov (the date being carefully chosen).

My view as of 3 September is that we have had a horrendous transfer window

We knew we were losing the 3 musketeers in midfield & getting £150k for Murray. They are long gone and I am not comparing the current influx with them.

Instead, looking at our signings on their own merit, we have seemingly failed to sign anyone who is an orthodox all-round midfielder (a Kamara type, if you like).

We have signed a centre half who can play the Bartley role (and I look forward to seeing Milligan fitting in).

We have signed 2 wingers, to add to Martin Boyle's wing threat, but without a solid central mid unit to win the ball & recycle it to them it's not clear where they can all be effective.

We have signed a dead ball expert who refuses to defend. There is talent in Stevie Mallan and I hope I am eating these words on 1 Nov. But if he has designs on being a Hibs-level footballer (or above) then he must learn the other side of the game, or his horizons need to be lowered. He looks to me like a midfielder who has an 8 week crash course between now & the derby in becoming an allrounder before a white hot test at Tynecastle. I sincerely hope he takes his chance here at Easter Road, and grabs that game by the scruff - legend status will be his - but let's not pretend he is the finished article today. The hard work starts here.

We started at the weekend with one still-developing centre forward starting and another relied upon to come off the bench.

It's a very imbalanced window & one where the board (rightly) have serious questions to answer.

All good points,in my opinion.

SirDavidsNapper
03-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Two weeks of pish on here until we beat Killie and everything is rosy again. The joys of a football forum.

wookie70
03-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Two weeks of pish on here until we beat Killie and everything is rosy again. The joys of a football forum.
I hope you are right but Killie are no pushovers and we only have a short time to get something that resembles a good starting 11 and formation.