PDA

View Full Version : Milligan

eastcoasthibby
02-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know if Milligan is actually over here and training getting himself ready to go when his visa is clear or is he still in Oz waiting there ...hope its not the latter, but I thought I read something a week or maybe 2 ago that he was still in Australia .......

Sir David Gray
02-09-2018, 02:27 PM
He's with the Australia squad at a training camp apparently.

offshorehibby
02-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Don't think the boy from Man City arrived till paper work was in place so can't see Milligan being here till paper work in place.

Silky
02-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know if Milligan is actually over here and training getting himself ready to go when his visa is clear or is he still in Oz waiting there ...hope its not the latter, but I thought I read something a week or maybe 2 ago that he was still in Australia .......

He's with the Australians at a training camp as has already been stated. However, I don't think he can be here regardless as he doesn't yet, to my knowledge, have a work permit. So he can't train, as that would be working, until it comes through.

McBHibee
02-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Can't help but wonder what the average time taken to get a work permit is in England, the Premiership in particular. He surely ticks all the boxes for international appearances etc.

Onceinawhile
02-09-2018, 02:34 PM
He's with the Australians at a training camp as has already been stated. However, I don't think he can be here regardless as he doesn't yet, to my knowledge, have a work permit. So he can't train, as that would be working, until it comes through.

At least he'll be keeping fit.

Joe6-2
02-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Can't help but wonder what the average time taken to get a work permit is in England, the Premiership in particular. He surely ticks all the boxes for international appearances etc.

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous how long these take to deal with

SirDavidsNapper
02-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Hopefully he'll be in the country for the Kilmarnock game

CallumLaidlaw
02-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Tracey confirmed before that he was still in Australia. Needs to get his work permit over there and needs to do it in person plus they have his passport until it’s cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callum_62
02-09-2018, 02:38 PM
I think it’s absolutely ridiculous how long these take to deal with

try being a normal person and not a sports star with essentially unlimited funds

Joe6-2
02-09-2018, 02:39 PM
try being a normal person and not a sports star with essentially unlimited funds

I can imagine

Sir David Gray
02-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Tracey confirmed before that he was still in Australia. Needs to get his work permit over there and needs to do it in person plus they have his passport until it’s cleared.

The training camp's in Turkey.

Hannah_hfc
02-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Have we had issues before waiting stupidly long times for players getting visas/ work permits?

Genuinely can’t remember seeing it happen before.

Jamesie
02-09-2018, 04:51 PM

McLaren not invited to that?

Jamesie
02-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Have we had issues before waiting stupidly long times for players getting visas/ work permits?

Just wait until a no-deal Brexit happens!

Ryan69
02-09-2018, 05:04 PM

Why would they have one now? McLaren should be there surely?

Why is Rogic not there too?

Sir David Gray
02-09-2018, 05:06 PM
McLaren not invited to that?

Perhaps he was but Hibs probably prevented him from going as they don't have a match until November and we need him whilst Kamberi is out.

Milligan being there makes no odds to us just now as he can't play for us anyway until his visa comes through.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Check my other post I've literally just made answering someone else. Rogic will be in the same boat as Maclaren.

Northernhibee
02-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Just wait until a no-deal Brexit happens!

Maybe it'll force Sparky to come back :hyper

offshorehibby
02-09-2018, 05:22 PM

Australia couldn't call him up for a training camp out with the recognised window for international matches. If he is part of it he'll have headed over there today or tomorrow.

macca70
02-09-2018, 05:28 PM
As said earlier and confirmed by Tracey, Whatever work permit/Visa etc he needs has to be done in Australia, once it’s all gone through OK then he’ll head over to Scotland.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Perhaps he was but Hibs probably prevented him from going as they don't have a match until November and we need him whilst Kamberi is out.

Milligan being there makes no odds to us just now as he can't play for us anyway until his visa comes through.

He's at the camp.

Zazu62
02-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Sorry if I’ve missed something but who is Tracey?

CMac1988
02-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Sorry if I’ve missed something but who is Tracey?

Fans rep.

Ryan69
02-09-2018, 08:06 PM
He's at the camp.

Moving to a new club...and pretty much none of the European based players being there.

Would it not make much more sense him integrating to his new club???

Forza Fred
02-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Check my other post I've literally just made answering someone else. Rogic will be in the same boat as Maclaren.

Rogic has been given approval not to attend due to an ongoing injury problem.

MacLaren is attending, as is Garruchio from across the road.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Rogic has been given approval not to attend due to an ongoing injury problem.

MacLaren is attending, as is Garruchio from across the road.

I thought Milligan was going to be there too. Is that correct?

Greenbeard
02-09-2018, 09:48 PM
As said earlier and confirmed by Tracey, Whatever work permit/Visa etc he needs has to be done in Australia, once it’s all gone through OK then he’ll head over to Scotland.
The work permit application does not have to be submitted by him from Oz, just from outside the UK. Presume the procedure is different for an official training camp in a foreign country (temp short-term stay) compared to being in a country to earn a living via a contracted salary.

Forza Fred
03-09-2018, 01:15 AM
I thought Milligan was going to be there too. Is that correct?

Yes, but given previous posts, I didn't think it needed restating.

Chic Murray
03-09-2018, 01:01 PM

It was a long time ago, but I remember all sorts of problems trying to sign Isaak Refvik, from Viking Stavanger in 1978.

Hibs played him without the permit and, amongst other things, he was arrested at customs when Hibs returned from a friendly in Israel.

Something along those lines anyway.

Borderhibbie76
03-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRocky took about a month after signing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
05-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Looks like Milligan is heading to Edinburgh after the international break. Must mean his work permit is sorted.

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/maclaren-happy-have-milligan-hibs-adventure

Austinho
05-09-2018, 06:52 AM
Looks like Milligan is heading to Edinburgh after the international break. Must mean his work permit is sorted.

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/maclaren-happy-have-milligan-hibs-adventureCan we just take a moment to appreciate the fact Australia’s national team are officially called The Caltex Socceroos, and their rugby union team The Qantas Wallabies. Tinpot.

Juniper Greens
05-09-2018, 07:57 AM

Great news! Anyone know when they are due back? Would be great to get him into 1st team training asap. I've felt Whitaker has actually been OK in DM first few league games this season...but then Saturday happened, and when it was clear he was having a very poor game, it was apparent that there was no one to replace him.

SirDavidsNapper
05-09-2018, 08:21 AM

Having Milligan here can only be a good thing for Jamie. Great to hear him speak so highly of the club.

Hamish
05-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Officially confirmed he has his visa.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Come on Spike! 😀

Radium
05-09-2018, 04:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/3953ba41e54d0c5eceaad4662c306586.png

Diclonius
05-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Great news - we need him. He is absolutely vital for the coming season.

SirDavidsNapper
05-09-2018, 04:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/3953ba41e54d0c5eceaad4662c306586.png

Welcome aboard Spike!

Hibee Mac
05-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Was thinking earlier the international break may not be such a great "break" for us.

What we need is time for Lennon to work with the whole team to get a formation, shape and system that works for us. We need time training and working our socks off as a team.

Instead we have a large majority of the first 11 out playing elsewhere and Milligan, who we are all pinning our hopes on a bit, not available to start proper training untill the break is over anyway.

Summary - our poor performances may continue for a week or two after the break...

05-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Was thinking earlier the international break may not be such a great "break" for us.

What we need is time for Lennon to work with the whole team to get a formation, shape and system that works for us. We need time training and working our socks off as a team.

Instead we have a large majority of the first 11 out playing elsewhere and Milligan, who we are all pinning our hopes on a bit, not available to start proper training untill the break is over anyway.

Summary - our poor performances may continue for a week or two after the break...

We have literally had one poor performance although I agree with your point in general.

Chorley Hibee
05-09-2018, 05:07 PM

I'm concerned that we are placing an awful lot of our hopes upon a guy not many of us know much about.

Peevemor
05-09-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm concerned that we are placing an awful lot of our hopes upon a guy not many of us know much about.Like Flo & Jamie back in January?

Diclonius
05-09-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm concerned that we are placing an awful lot of our hopes upon a guy not many of us know much about.

He's the only player we have who can fill that role. It's very much Milligan or bust.

Chorley Hibee
05-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Like Flo & Jamie back in January?

You are right in respect of us not knowing much about Flo and Jamie, but I think Milligan is seen by many as the answer to a lot of our current issues. I don't think that pressure was immediately put upon either Flo or Jamie.

Chorley Hibee
05-09-2018, 05:23 PM
He's the only player we have who can fill that role. It's very much Milligan or bust.

That's exactly what I find concerning.

shamo9
05-09-2018, 05:54 PM
You are right in respect of us not knowing much about Flo and Jamie, but I think Milligan is seen by many as the answer to a lot of our current issues. I don't think that pressure was immediately put upon either Flo or Jamie.

The situation is very similar IMO. We got rid of our star striker (Stokes) so we only had Simon Murray (who hadn't scored a goal since November) and a very young and untested Oli Shaw. Had Kamberi and Maclaren flopped we would have been struggling.

Aim Here
05-09-2018, 06:04 PM
The situation is very similar IMO. We got rid of our star striker (Stokes) so we only had Simon Murray (who hadn't scored a goal since November) and a very young and untested Oli Shaw. Had Kamberi and Maclaren flopped we would have been struggling.

Worse than that. We loaned Simon Murray out to Dundee on or around the same day Flo joined. Maclaren had already played a few minutes for us versus Dundee and Hearts, but hadn't scored; it was definitely an all-in gamble.

danhibees1875
05-09-2018, 06:20 PM

I know where you're coming from, but being worried about it won't change things - may as well just be excited about having a world cup calibre player joining the squad, hopefully alongside a fit Kamberi and up to speed MacLaren and Agyepong too! :aok:

JimBHibees
05-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Other options are Bartley and Whittaker as back up.

Hibee Mac
05-09-2018, 06:37 PM
We have literally had one poor performance although I agree with your point in general.

You could argue that since McGinn left we've been nowhere near our typical performance levels from last season.

Yes you could say that the draw against Aberdeen was a good result and performance, however, St Johnstone and Livingston? Molde home and away? Last minute winner against a championship club in the league cup?

Maybe stating these all as "poor" performances isn't the best term but let's not overlook that, so far without McGinn, we are miles away from where we were end of last season and where we as fans want us to be.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2018, 06:57 PM
You could argue that since McGinn left we've been nowhere near our typical performance levels from last season.

Yes you could say that the draw against Aberdeen was a good result and performance, however, St Johnstone and Livingston? Molde home and away? Last minute winner against a championship club in the league cup?

Maybe stating these all as "poor" performances isn't the best term but let's not overlook that, so far without McGinn, we are miles away from where we were end of last season and where we as fans want us to be.

I don't think it should come as a surprise that losing a £2.5-3 million player has resulted in us becoming a poorer side. We don't have the finances to replace someone like John McGinn.

We need to try and find a way of playing to suit the players we now have. The style and formation we had last season with McGinn, McGeouch and Allan is no good now and it's up to Lennon and the rest of the coaching team to minimise the impact felt by the departure of these players.

Hibee Mac
05-09-2018, 07:06 PM
I don't think it should come as a surprise that losing a £2.5-3 million player has resulted in us becoming a poorer side. We don't have the finances to replace someone like John McGinn.

We need to try and find a way of playing to suit the players we now have. The style and formation we had last season with McGinn, McGeouch and Allan is no good now and it's up to Lennon and the rest of the coaching team to minimise the impact felt by the departure of these players.

Agree completely.

scoopyboy
05-09-2018, 07:07 PM

Were you expecting anything else?

I certainly wasn't, he was always going to be missed. McGeouch and Allan as well are big losses.

Hopefully things will kick back in when it settles down.

Diclonius
05-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Other options are Bartley and Whittaker as back up.

Bartley can only do the defensive duties (Milligan apparently can go forward as well) and Whittaker cannot consistently perform that role in a side challenging for Europe.

MacGruber
05-09-2018, 09:18 PM
I don't know what it is - just a feeling not based on anything and never having seen him play - just feel this guy is going to be a big hit. Let's hope so

jacomo
05-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Were you expecting anything else?

I certainly wasn't, he was always going to be missed. McGeouch and Allan as well are big losses.

Hopefully things will kick back in when it settles down.

:agree:

A wee bit of patience needed as the new guys find their feet.

houstonhibbee
05-09-2018, 11:27 PM

McGinn, McGeouch and Allan......

hibbysam
06-09-2018, 04:05 AM

Molde home, poor?? I thought it was anything but poor. They’ve since beaten Zenit at home and only went out to them due to two very late goals in the away leg. We’ve had more good performances than poor ones but it’s a rebuild of style for us as we could never replace those three midfielders like for like. It’ll take time this season, like last.

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Bartley can only do the defensive duties (Milligan apparently can go forward as well) and Whittaker cannot consistently perform that role in a side challenging for Europe.

Thats why I said back up e.g when Milligan not available for some reason, injury or international games

flash
06-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Thats why I said back up e.g when Milligan not available for some reason, injury or international games

Big Marv rarely let's us down

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 07:13 AM

Totally agree.

Chic Murray
06-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Me too, I remember Van de Graff far too well.

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Not sure de graff ever played in the world cup.

Gloucester Hibs
06-09-2018, 09:15 AM

His signing certainly generated a lot of expectation within our support

Not In The Know
06-09-2018, 09:17 AM
I think it will take him a good few games to get used to the pace. We should all hold back judgment until then.

Shrekko
06-09-2018, 09:25 AM
I think it will take him a good few games to get used to the pace. We should all hold back judgment until then.

How dare you! One bad game and I’ll be on here telling everyone in public that he’s finished!

Chic Murray
06-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Not sure de graff ever played in the world cup.

Maybe he would have if he was Australian.

Takes me back, that one.

PatHead
06-09-2018, 09:56 AM

The excitement was electric.

basehibby
06-09-2018, 10:38 AM

I know what you're saying. None of us can know for sure how it all fits together until we see it out on the pitch with our own eyes. However - Milligan's signing does make sense in the context of arrivals and departures in the close season and hopefully his signing will improve the balance of the midfield and he will prove to be as influential as we all hope.

I agree though that we need to restrain ourselves as a support from putting too much pressure on the shoulders of one player to be the panacea for all our ills.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 10:39 AM

There would be a lot riding on him whether we were familiar with him or not. Milligan has clearly been signed with a view to being a vital player this year, Lennon has been pretty vocal about that. On paper, he is exactly the kind of player and character that we need - fingers crossed he can deliver.

JimBHibees
06-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Maybe he would have if he was Australian.

May well have.

Mikey09
06-09-2018, 11:21 AM
If he can play every minute for his country at the World Cup at the age of 33 and hold his own against top players I think he'll do just fine for us.

HoboHarry
06-09-2018, 11:28 AM
You are amping up the rhetoric with that pun......

Chic Murray
06-09-2018, 02:10 PM
If he can play every minute for his country at the World Cup at the age of 33 and hold his own against top players I think he'll do just fine for us.

Do you not mean, if he can steer a Russian submarine in the Baltic?

Too many guys putting too much blind faith in this man. Extra pressure on him, and meltdown if he isn't all the things that he is expected to be.

I do trust the manager, and am optimistic that he will be a good signing, but all this stuff about appearing in the World Cup is a wee bit naive. Australia got one point from three games, which kind of suggests they didn't really hold their own, at all. They also qualified from one of the weakest regions, so they were hardly worl beaters in the first place.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 02:25 PM

Too many guys putting too much blind faith in this man. Extra pressure on him, and meltdown if he isn't all the things that he is expected to be.

I do trust the manager, and am optimistic that he will be a good signing, but all this stuff about appearing in the World Cup is a wee bit naive. Australia got one point from three games, which kind of suggests they didn't really hold their own, at all. They also qualified from one of the weakest regions, so they were hardly worl beaters in the first place.

I get where you're coming from to an extent, but how is there extra pressure on him? He's not even in the country yet, and I highly doubt that he's gonna fire straight onto Hibs net to check expectation levels before he hopefully plays against Killie. Seems strange to state that the pressure is on because a few folk are excited to see what he can do in one paragraph, and then totally play down the fact that he just played in every game at the biggest football tournament in the world, in the next.

I suspect many, like myself, are excited by his pedigree and the fact that he seems to be (on paper) custom built for a position and role in the team that desperately needs filled right now - whilst being well aware of the fact that any signing is a risk, and may not work out for a whole host of reasons. He's going to be deployed in one of the least glamorous roles in the team, not tasked with creating or scoring goals - though his contribution will be pivotal to how we play - so not the kind of pressure that goes with some signings.

Lennon does his homework, anyway - by all accounts this guy will be a big character and a leader. He's one of our biggest signings of the summer and people are excited to see what he can do, and that's no bad thing.

erin go bragh
06-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Agree . Our semi final against Utd in the way to that momentous day in May . Bartley was our best midfielder imo .

Chic Murray
06-09-2018, 02:44 PM
I get where you're coming from to an extent, but how is there extra pressure on him? He's not even in the country yet, and I highly doubt that he's gonna fire straight onto Hibs net to check expectation levels before he hopefully plays against Killie. Seems strange to state that the pressure is on because a few folk are excited to see what he can do in one paragraph, and then totally play down the fact that he just played in every game at the biggest football tournament in the world, in the next.

I suspect many, like myself, are excited by his pedigree and the fact that he seems to be (on paper) custom built for a position and role in the team that desperately needs filled right now - whilst being well aware of the fact that any signing is a risk, and may not work out for a whole host of reasons. He's going to be deployed in one of the least glamorous roles in the team, not tasked with creating or scoring goals - though his contribution will be pivotal to how we play - so not the kind of pressure that goes with some signings.

Lennon does his homework, anyway - by all accounts this guy will be a big character and a leader. He's one of our biggest signings of the summer and people are excited to see what he can do, and that's no bad thing.

He didn't play in every game in the biggest football tournament in the world, he played three group stage games. His team got one point.

Iran got three points. Other smaller (football) nations there include Panama, Senegal and Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't be overly excited if we signed their star player.

His pedigree is that he has played for major teams in minor leagues.

I know the manager thinks highly of him, I think highly of the manager, and I'm optimistic. However, a degree of caution is needed, and saying he has played at the World Cup means hee haw, when so many countries take part in the finals now.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 02:48 PM
He didn't play in every game in the biggest football tournament in the world, he played three group stage games. His team got one point.

Iran got three points. Other smaller (football) nations there include Panama, Senegal and Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't be overly excited if we signed their star player.

His pedigree is that he has played for major teams in minor leagues.

I know the manager thinks highly of him, I think highly of the manager, and I'm optimistic. However, a degree of caution is needed, and saying he has played at the World Cup means hee haw, when so many countries take part in the finals now.

Iceland took one point - I'm sure we'd all be excited if we signed Gylfi Sigurdsson. Your WC point is deeply flawed in many ways - would you take Andy Robertson at LB? Didn't even qualify. It's a ***** way to debate.

His pedigree is 77 caps playing for a good international side, a vast amount of experience. I agree that we shouldn't expect miracles from the man, but at the same time, I'm not gonna stop being excited about a high profile new signing going into the team.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 02:57 PM
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/milligans-dream-move-comes-true-at-last-512150

Chic Murray
06-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Iceland took one point - I'm sure we'd all be excited if we signed Gylfi Sigurdsson. Your WC point is deeply flawed in many ways - would you take Andy Robertson at LB? Didn't even qualify. It's a ***** way to debate.

His pedigree is 77 caps playing for a good international side, a vast amount of experience. I agree that we shouldn't expect miracles from the man, but at the same time, I'm not gonna stop being excited about a high profile new signing going into the team.

It wasn't me who raised the World Cup as any sort of evidence that he's a good player, that's where I came in to suggest that it wasn't a reliable assessment of a player.

I'll wait and see, and am optimistic, but as I said originally there are bad memories of Yogi's good bluff building up de Graaf as a world beating player.

therealgavmac
06-09-2018, 03:03 PM

I saw what you did there :greengrin

Stevie Reid
06-09-2018, 03:03 PM
It wasn't me who raised the World Cup as any sort of evidence that he's a good player, that's where I came in to suggest that it wasn't a reliable assessment of a player.

I'll wait and see, and am optimistic, but as I said originally there are bad memories of Yogi's good bluff building up de Graaf as a world beating player.

Fair enough man, sounds like we're actually in agreement pretty much across the board.

Going to three World Cups certainly isn't a bad thing, even solely from an experience point of view.

malcolm
06-09-2018, 03:05 PM
How dare you! One bad game and I’ll be on here telling everyone in public that he’s finished!

A bit pedantic perhaps but surely if that’s in the first game he’d not even have started so could not yet be finished ;O). Would spare him some prematurely ejaculated abuse...

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 03:21 PM
He's going to be the new Sauzée (but without the shot).

There. I've said it.

Hibbyradge
06-09-2018, 03:23 PM
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/milligans-dream-move-comes-true-at-last-512150

That's a promising article.

It looks as if he was still a sought after player, although Lennon might have been Bolton's manager when they were after him. :dunno:

Curried
06-09-2018, 03:23 PM

If the truth be told, the Aussie's were badly rooted by the first ever use of VAR in World Cup football. They more than held their own against the eventual winners France in the group stages with Milligan playing a key DM role, and were only undone by a fluky Pogba defection.

I've seen him play a fair bit over the years, I'm more than pleased he's found a home at Hibs.

nonshinyfinish
06-09-2018, 03:33 PM

It wasn’t matched until Farad El Alagui signed.

Hibbyradge
06-09-2018, 03:53 PM
It wasn’t matched until Farad El Alagui signed.

Now that's a pun.

:top marks

Chic Murray
07-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Fair enough man, sounds like we're actually in agreement pretty much across the board.

Going to three World Cups certainly isn't a bad thing, even solely from an experience point of view.

We got there in the end. A bit like Milligan.

Chic Murray
07-09-2018, 10:20 AM
If the truth be told, the Aussie's were badly rooted by the first ever use of VAR in World Cup football. They more than held their own against the eventual winners France in the group stages with Milligan playing a key DM role, and were only undone by a fluky Pogba defection.

I've seen him play a fair bit over the years, I'm more than pleased he's found a home at Hibs.

Good to hear.

Stevie Reid
07-09-2018, 10:30 AM
We got there in the end. A bit like Milligan.

:greengrin

Sproule Three
07-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Milligan played CB with Sainsbury in all the WC games .
Mile Jedinak played defensive midfielder

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 01:37 PM
He must be some player - my golf partner constantly mentioned him yesterday. He was having a terrible round right enough so he was probably just trying to stay cheery.......

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 01:57 PM
He must be some player - my golf partner constantly mentioned him yesterday. He was having a terrible round right enough so he was probably just trying to stay cheery.......

:tee hee:

What's a vowel between golfing partners?

:top marks

Curried
07-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Yes, my mistake CB not DM.

Wilson
07-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Hibs shouldn't be signing players from a supermarket team

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Hibs shouldn't be signing players from a supermarket team
You're off your trolley.......

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 02:57 PM
You're off your trolley.......

I could read and enjoy puns Aldi.

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 02:59 PM
I could read and enjoy puns Aldi.
Asda pun Police arrived yet?

WoreTheGreen
07-09-2018, 03:01 PM

The are on there waitrose

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 03:02 PM

The thread was virtually dead so I hope they don't come on complaining about a few lame jokes.

I've decided I'm not going to Spar with them about it anymore, anyway.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2018, 03:04 PM
The thread was virtually dead so I hope they don't come on complaining about a few lame jokes.

Probably the safe way to go about it.

Inconsequential
07-09-2018, 03:07 PM
It wasn’t matched until Farad El Alagui signed. VG! Unfortunately some will not have the capacity to understand the pun. :agree:

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 03:12 PM

They can just Tesco and get stuffed if they do......

Monts
07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Probably the safe way to go about it.

:agree: They get set off by the lidl-est things

WoreTheGreen
07-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Stop it l canny co op anymore

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Stop it l canny co op anymore

I feel for you, buddy. They're getting too big for their boots.

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 03:27 PM
This thread will costa lot of lost work time for me today.....

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 03:28 PM
This thread will costa lot of lost work time for me today.....

Yeah, it's eating into my holiday so I'm going to check out of the thread for now.

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it's eating into my holiday so I'm going to check out of the thread for now.
Yes. maybe aisle do the same.......

WoreTheGreen
07-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Very jenners ish from you guys

tynehibs
07-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Top Marks

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Top Marks

Quite frankly, some of the wit on here is amazon.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2018, 04:24 PM

See you in a bit, there's a monsoon due your way anytime soon.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2018, 04:34 PM
I wish I could join the trendsetters and think of a pun.

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 04:39 PM
I wish I could join the trendsetters and think of a pun.

It's not always good to follow the pack too closely, though. Sometimes it's best to leave a gap to allow yourself some perspective.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Whatever Next?

HoboHarry
07-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Whatever Next?
Its the weekend so a trip to see Sweaty Betty.......

worcesterhibby
07-09-2018, 05:02 PM
How William Low can this thread go

Smartie
07-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Quite frankly, some of the wit on here is amazon.

There is some genuinely Fine Fare on show.

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Its the weekend so a trip to see Sweaty Betty.......

I'll be drinking Sagres lager, sipping Portuguese wine, and stuffing my Fat Face all weekend.

WoreTheGreen
07-09-2018, 05:06 PM
I'll be drinking Sagres lager, sipping Portuguese wine, and stuffing my Fat Face all weekend.

That will costa you

The_Horde
07-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Didn't realise this was dadjokes.net

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Didn't realise this was dadjokes.net

Sorry Boss.

thebakerboy
07-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Mark is in Edinburgh , he was behind me in the taxi queue at Edinburgh Airport with his good lady and 2 kids this afternoon.

PatHead
07-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Wonder how he will cope with playing against a Scotmid field.

Inconsequential
07-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Mark is in Edinburgh , he was behind me in the taxi queue at Edinburgh Airport with his good lady and 2 kids this afternoon. Two Lidl ones?

worcesterhibby
07-09-2018, 05:19 PM

best yet.

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 05:23 PM

He won't know exactly what to expect, but I'm sure Neil Lennon will Primark before the game.

Diclonius
07-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhh!!!!!

os

The_Horde
07-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Sorry Boss.

Nae bother John Coffey.

My_Wife_Camille
07-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Can we cut out the tiresome and unfunny dad jokes and get back to the petty arguing please?

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Nae bother John Coffey.

I may be simple, but I'm glad you agree I committed no crime.

It took me a while to reply as I wanted to include a pun, but then I realised you were going on about the black and White Stuff.

I'm off out.

Inconsequential
07-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Can we cut out the tiresome and unfunny dad jokes and get back to the petty arguing please? Indeed but will need to find a Safeway...

Chic Murray
07-09-2018, 06:00 PM
I'm sure Spike would still have preferred a club on the Continente.

Ferry green
07-09-2018, 06:14 PM
All the obvious puns have been done now.

its all down till from here

Smartie
07-09-2018, 06:26 PM
71 caps for Australia is quite impressive until you realise James Morrisons got 46 for Scotland.

SingaporeHibs
07-09-2018, 07:26 PM
None of us seem to know enough about this guy but the reality is until we get everyone fit and playing together we can’t judge any of the new players. They have all been filling gaps on the pitch just to get us through games. Once everyone is together, match fit etc we won’t see what the team will be like. We can make judgements after that. GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
07-09-2018, 07:54 PM
None of us seem to know enough about this guy but the reality is until we get everyone fit and playing together we can’t judge any of the new players. They have all been filling gaps on the pitch just to get us through games. Once everyone is together, match fit etc we won’t see what the team will be like. We can make judgements after that. GGTTH

Spot on. We've been a makeshift team for the last few weeks. Putting square pegs into round holes as NL said. Has any other Prem team had 4/5 starters out?

thebakerboy
07-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Can I just repeat something lost amid all the puns I met the very man today at Edinburgh Airport with his lady and his kids so he is here and will start training with squad ASAP I hope.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Can I just repeat something lost amid all the puns I met the very man today at Edinburgh Airport with his lady and his kids so he is here and will start training with squad ASAP I hope.

I hope you made him feel welcome, he's travelled a londis tance to get here!

Hibbyradge
07-09-2018, 08:55 PM
I hope you made him feel welcome, he's travelled a londis tance to get here!

:not worth

The Pointer
07-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Did he have many accessorize with him?

One Day Soon
07-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Can we cut out the tiresome and unfunny dad jokes and get back to the petty arguing please?

#*#* you I say

staunchhibby
07-09-2018, 09:11 PM
It Asda to get better surely.

One Day Soon
07-09-2018, 09:13 PM
It Asda to get better surely.

No, you're way off Target.

Frank Moon
07-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Zara’ll be the day!

Forza Fred
08-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Mark is in Edinburgh , he was behind me in the taxi queue at Edinburgh Airport with his good lady and 2 kids this afternoon.

If that is the case then he has escaped very early from the Socceroos training camp in Turkey which isn’t due to end until the 11th!

Sproule Three
08-09-2018, 12:59 AM

A few of us do .
Loads of Hibees in Australia who regularly attend A league games .

Hibbyradge
08-09-2018, 01:16 AM
A few of us do .
Loads of Hibees in Australia who regularly attend A league games .

What do you think about him coming to Hibs, ST?

Sproule Three
08-09-2018, 02:05 AM
What do you think about him coming to Hibs, ST?

He's been one I'd hoped we'd sign for a long time. Never thought we'd get him though as Crystal Palace and QPR were after him a few years ago and would be paying vastly more than us.
He's the standout Aussie in the A league confirmed by him being the only home based player virtually guaranteed to start for the national team .
Can play RB.CM or CB comfortably/
Despite some off the thought about his physicality he's not a big lad. Tough but not same as big as Efe, Flo .
Hes a great leader and vastly experienced.
My only concern is he may be past his best now. However he could have got huge money n Middle East or China so is obviously coming to us for football reasons and something to prove .
He's not played since WC so will need a few weeks to get up to speed . If he's near his best he'll be a great asset. He's not going to be a McGinn. Not many players that we can attract will be near the current McGinn level.
Interesting to se how it pans out, Fair bit of attention on him in the Aussie media so its good to see Hibs in press here

Heisenberg
08-09-2018, 05:37 AM
If that is the case then he has escaped very early from the Socceroos training camp in Turkey which isn’t due to end until the 11th!

He might’ve been allowed away early to get settled in Edinburgh and have a full week’s training here. That makes sense anyway, no idea if it’s true.

See the Australia manager was saying how impressed he was with Milligan’s fitness, although he is apparently lacking a bit of sharpness in terms of playing.

ekhibee
08-09-2018, 02:59 PM
So how long is it since we actually signed him?

GordonHFC
08-09-2018, 08:03 PM
So how long is it since we actually signed him?

3 weeks ago today.