PDA

View Full Version : The singing section

lord bunberry
01-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Was right next to them in the corner today. Thought they were brilliant, they made loads of noise and showed the kind of commitment that was lacking on the pitch.
Well done.

Ilovehibs
01-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Was right next to them in the corner today. Thought they were brilliant, they made loads of noise and showed the kind of commitment that was lacking on the pitch.
Well done.

I 2nd that.

Carheenlea
01-09-2018, 06:22 PM
I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat today despite a big travelling support and the efforts from the singing section guys - obviously the fare on the pitch didn’t help in getting the fans fired up.

wookie70
01-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Thought they were good in the first half when I was sitting behind the goal they were at. I moved to the half way line at half time and never heard a peep

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Thought they were good in the first half when I was sitting behind the goal they were at. I moved to the half way line at half time and never heard a peep

I love the singing section at easter road! When they was in the east it was brilliant!!

After they moved to the north I started to think it would be better if they spread themselves out throughout the east and west stand because it might encourage more people to join in!

PatHead
01-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Must admit they were outsung by the Livingston singing section. I know they normally do a great job but like today they were like the team. Not at their best.

Blaster
01-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Must admit they were outsung by the Livingston singing section. I know they normally do a great job but like today they were like the team. Not at their best.

That has to be a wind up. Sat in the section next to the lads today and they were excellent for 70 mins.

Our performance the last 20 couldn’t have got a song out of anyone

Livi fans outsang them. Really????

theonlywayisup
01-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Sorry, think that is rubbish. Never heard the Livi boys until they went into the lead apart from the odd song. Our boys sung well until we went a goal behind.

PatHead
01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Not a wind up at all. In the first half I was behind the goals we were attacking. I heard them fine. Changed ends at half time and never heard them at all. Could hear the Livvy fans though.

SideBurns
01-09-2018, 09:08 PM
That has to be a wind up. Sat in the section next to the lads today and they were excellent for 70 mins.

Our performance the last 20 couldn’t have got a song out of anyone

Livi fans outsang them. Really????

It must depend on where you were seated. I was at the far end from the singing section and hardly heard them, whereas the Livvy boys were loud and clear. However, the general atmosphere amongst our support was flat, so if the young guys were giving it laldy then they didn't get much help from the rest of us.

PatHead
01-09-2018, 09:13 PM
It must depend on where you were seated. I was at the far end from the singing section and hardly heard them, whereas the Livvy boys were loud and clear. However, the general atmosphere amongst our support was flat, so if the young guys were giving it laldy then they didn't get much help from the rest of us.

Fair comment.

Blaster
01-09-2018, 09:14 PM

It must do mate as the lads kept going as I said until they scored and we couldn’t get close to their box. Then last 10 got the singing going again

SideBurns
01-09-2018, 09:16 PM
It must do mate as the lads kept going as I said until they scored and we couldn’t get close to their box. Then last 10 got the singing going again

The acoustics in that place must be as crap as the pitch Blaster! Good on the laddies in that case.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-09-2018, 09:18 PM
I have to say I thought they were very good today. I'm an old fart and appreciate the young team.

theonlywayisup
01-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Depends on where you sit then.

Blaster
01-09-2018, 09:31 PM
The acoustics in that place must be as crap as the pitch Blaster! Good on the laddies in that case.

Pitch is shocking eh. Hate making excuses cause we were poor but Horgan was trying to dribble away from opponents and he had no chance

CapitalGreen
01-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Sounded good to me, keep it up 👍

SideBurns
01-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Pitch is shocking eh. Hate making excuses cause we were poor but Horgan was trying to dribble away from opponents and he had no chance

Aye. Regardless of the result, that pitch isn't fit for professional football at any level. To tolerate it in Scotland's top league does nothing to discourage the notion that we are Mickey Mouse up here.

BullsCloseHibs
01-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Getting beat from Meadowbank is always gonna keep us flat!

Bandito59
01-09-2018, 10:31 PM
I was sitting next to the singing section and am sure that the team appreciate the noise they make and the atmosphere that they help create. However I do find the new song about Wallace Mercer appalling. I am no prude and know what he tried to do but the song is truly awful.

wookie70
01-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Aye. Regardless of the result, that pitch isn't fit for professional football at any level. To tolerate it in Scotland's top league does nothing to discourage the notion that we are Mickey Mouse up here.
Not sure we were playing professional football in the second half

SideBurns
01-09-2018, 10:44 PM
I was sitting next to the singing section and am sure that the team appreciate the noise they make and the atmosphere that they help create. However I do find the new song about Wallace Mercer appalling. I am no prude and know what he tried to do but the song is truly awful.
Glad I didn't hear that then. No idea why anyone would want to sing about Mercer at a Hibs match.

lord bunberry
01-09-2018, 11:17 PM
Come on they’re young boys doing what young boys do. There was a song about Levein as well. We have to remember we were all young once.

marinello59
01-09-2018, 11:31 PM
Come on they’re young boys doing what young boys do. There was a song about Levein as well. We have to remember we were all young once.

:agree:

Bandito59
01-09-2018, 11:43 PM
Have you heard the words?

Chuck Rhoades
02-09-2018, 02:29 AM

Try sing then? That would help.

Juniper Greens
02-09-2018, 04:16 AM
Shows you how bad the ground is, as we moved at HT, and I thought they were out sung by the Livi equivalent-from the comments here the guys down the other end clearly thought the opposite.
Something I’m sure we can all agree on-that pitch?! Someone needs to hoover up half of the rubber pellets

SideBurns
02-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Try sing then? That would help.

You misunderstand me. It seems (from those sitting close to them) that the singing section were doing their best to create an atmosphere. I'm saying the rest of us did little to help, and I include myself in that - I actually joined in anytime something got going at the other end but those occasions were rare. I had insufficient drink in me to attempt to start a song myself, and with the quality of my singing that is a blessing for those around me, I can assure you!

wearethehibs
02-09-2018, 06:29 AM
Remember the days when an away game would not require a singing section to generate any atmosphere?

Thank **** these guys go to games. Can only imagine what it would be like without them.

K.Marx
02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Remember the days when an away game would not require a singing section to generate any atmosphere?

Thank **** these guys go to games. Can only imagine what it would be like without them.

Seems like our support has been completely polarised into a group of 60 odd who sing and then the rest of the support who do not. The obvious exceptions being Tynecastle, Ibrox and Celtic Park, when the demographic our support is completely different.

I think having a section of unallocated tickets at places like Livingston would help. Means some like minded folk who aren’t part of the singing section can go and join in.

HibeeHibernian4
03-09-2018, 11:21 AM
I think having a section of unallocated tickets at places like Livingston would help. Means some like minded folk who aren’t part of the singing section can go and join in.

Couldn't agree more, especially in a ground like Livingston's where you're going to have at least a couple of thousand seats free. Why not just make two or three blocks behind the goal unreserved and designated for standing? It seems to me like Police Scotland (and sadly, to a lesser extent, Dempster) will not rest until Hibs fans are sat down and politely applauding goals. Any presence of standing, a drum or generally 'boisterous' support attracts police and cameras, and all clubs in the SPFL need to be doing more in telling the police to, quite frankly, bolt. They cause more trouble in grounds than they prevent.

Carheenlea
03-09-2018, 11:27 AM
What was happening that attracted the police to appear in front of the section in the corner?! Saw some boy get ejected near the end for bizzarely walking into the pitch to get the ball - he was always getting bombed out for that!

lord bunberry
03-09-2018, 11:33 AM
What was happening that attracted the police to appear in front of the section in the corner?! Saw some boy get ejected near the end for bizzarely walking into the pitch to get the ball - he was always getting bombed out for that!
The police were there for the whole game. For about the first half an hour they just stood there starring at the singing section. I noticed there was a lot of police inside the stadium for some reason, they were in every section. You wouldn’t expect there to be any trouble in a game like that.

Juniper Greens
03-09-2018, 11:39 AM
The police were there for the whole game. For about the first half an hour they just stood there starring at the singing section. I noticed there was a lot of police inside the stadium for some reason, they were in every section. You wouldn’t expect there to be any trouble in a game like that.

A boy near us got done for destroying a seat. Saw the polis taking his details after the game. The fact he was caught, does that mean Hibs won't have to pay for the seat to be replaced?

HibeeHibernian4
03-09-2018, 11:42 AM

The cynic in me would say that they're trying to justify their budget. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that there's not going to be any trouble between Livingston and Hibs. You probably be fine with about 4 officers in the entire ground, most people are there with their families and sitting down. A minority are standing up and singing, and are only antagonised by being filmed/watched constantly by a group of 10 police officers.

Here's some evidence of what Scotland's finest were up to on Saturday :rolleyes::

https://twitter.com/libertine95/status/1035916565231878146

https://twitter.com/Sinclair1875/status/1035946741697273856

Until boards both at a club level and in the SPFL start speaking out against this, Police Scotland will continue to do as they please. They need to have their power curbed, and without wanting to bring politics into this, the SNP have a real blindspot on this particular issue.

ETA: If you want countless other examples of fans across the country being harrassed by Police Scotland, I recommend checking out the @FAC KilltheBill Twitter account. St Mirren fans being visited at their homes by police without prior notice last week.

BlackSheep
03-09-2018, 11:47 AM
A boy near us got done for destroying a seat. Saw the polis taking his details after the game. The fact he was caught, does that mean Hibs won't have to pay for the seat to be replaced?

Im sure they can replace it with one of the hundreds of empty seats in the rest of the stadium lolololol... :greengrin

But seriously, some fans need to take a long look at themselves.... yes we are passionate, and yes we have a shocker, but some of the reactions had by some of the fans around me and while leaving was OTT! A few shouts of Lennon out from one guy..... :confused::confused::confused:

Chic Murray
03-09-2018, 11:51 AM
The cynic in me would say that they're trying to justify their budget. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that there's not going to be any trouble between Livingston and Hibs. You probably be fine with about 4 officers in the entire ground, most people are there with their families and sitting down. A minority are standing up and singing, and are only antagonised by being filmed/watched constantly by a group of 10 police officers.

Here's some evidence of what Scotland's finest were up to on Saturday :rolleyes::

Until boards both at a club level and in the SPFL start speaking out against this, Police Scotland will continue to do as they please. They need to have their power curbed, and without wanting to bring politics into this, the SNP have a real blindspot on this particular issue.

ETA: If you want countless other examples of fans across the country being harrassed by Police Scotland, I recommend checking out the @FAC KilltheBill Twitter account. St Mirren fans being visited at their homes by police without prior notice last week.

There is no way those tweets were posted by fantasist class warriors.

Mon the 40 Year Old Virgins

lord bunberry
03-09-2018, 11:56 AM
I’m not sure, I would imagine that the guy who caused the damage would have to pay if he was caught.

HibeeHibernian4
03-09-2018, 11:58 AM
There is no way those tweets were posted by fantasist class warriors.

Mon the 40 Year Old Virgins

Since I don't know the posters in question, I'll leave you to make the loaded comments about two of your fellow supporters. :rolleyes:

Given that they were filming from where the singing section were standing, I'd take it that they follow Hibs pretty much week in, week out, and therefore maybe know a great thing more about Police Scotland's approach than you seem to.

lord bunberry
03-09-2018, 11:59 AM

When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture. I saw a guy being arrested outside the stadium as well, I can only assume it was for something that had happened before as he was just walking towards the queue to get in.

HibeeHibernian4
03-09-2018, 12:04 PM
When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture.

While you could make the argument that some fans are more likely to get tanked up before an away game, if they are sitting/standing in amongst their own supporters, the chances of violence are greatly reduced, and you'd imagine that if anything did kick off between two Hibs fans, others nearby would be quick to step in and keep them apart.

Chic Murray
04-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Since I don't know the posters in question, I'll leave you to make the loaded comments about two of your fellow supporters. :rolleyes:

Given that they were filming from where the singing section were standing, I'd take it that they follow Hibs pretty much week in, week out, and therefore maybe know a great thing more about Police Scotland's approach than you seem to.

Thanks for the guidance. Just for clarity, it's ok to make comments about the police they were filming? I wouldn't like to be accused of double standards.

They maybe do go to football every week, but if they decide to make their "cause" public, I think they have to expect criticism of their motives by other fans.

Peevemor
04-09-2018, 02:00 PM
When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture. I saw a guy being arrested outside the stadium as well, I can only assume it was for something that had happened before as he was just walking towards the queue to get in.

There always used to be plain clothes guys in the crowd (I know guys that did it), although I don't know if it's still the case - I'd imagine they'll be less effective since stadiums became all seated together with the introduction of CCTV.

Time For Heroes
04-09-2018, 03:40 PM
There always used to be plain clothes guys in the crowd (I know guys that did it), although I don't know if it's still the case - I'd imagine they'll be less effective since stadiums became all seated together with the introduction of CCTV.

Still happens

frazeHFC
05-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the guidance. Just for clarity, it's ok to make comments about the police they were filming? I wouldn't like to be accused of double standards.

They maybe do go to football every week, but if they decide to make their "cause" public, I think they have to expect criticism of their motives by other fans.

Goes home and away every week. Why shouldn't he be annoyed that he's being filmed for 90 minutes just because he likes to go and sing in support of his team?

HTD1875
05-09-2018, 07:24 AM

There was police officers in the famous 5 against Aberdeen, all part of a new crackdown on the “ultras element” in partnership with the clubs. Same thing happening across the country.

Chuck Rhoades
05-09-2018, 02:55 PM
There was police officers in the famous 5 against Aberdeen, all part of a new crackdown on the “ultras element” in partnership with the clubs. Same thing happening across the country.

Not heard of this new crackdown, where are you reading that from?

RIP
05-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Flares at games both at home and in Europe. UEFA fine would precipitate action by SFA, Police and Hibs I would expect.

HTD1875
09-09-2018, 08:34 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16735745.police-scotland-accused-of-trying-to-turn-young-football-fans-into-paid-informants/

Wembley67
09-09-2018, 08:50 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16735745.police-scotland-accused-of-trying-to-turn-young-football-fans-into-paid-informants/

Don't have a problem with that to be honest?

Peevemor
09-09-2018, 08:55 AM

Why the outrage? It looks like the police are willing to pay for information about "crews" looking for trouble. Is it any different from using informants to deal with other crimes?

Keith_M
09-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Why the outrage? It looks like the police are willing to pay for information about "crews" looking for trouble. Is it any different from using informants to deal with other crimes?

I think they're looking in the wrong place, though. Apart from the Celtc Fan, the guys mentioned don't seem to have any link to organised violence.

I'm not in favour of filming groups of fans that are doing nothing but singing at games either. I think that's counter productive as, in the case of the guys in the FF upper at least, the police are doing nothing but pissing them off.

Peevemor
09-09-2018, 09:32 AM
I think they're looking in the wrong place, though. Apart from the Celtc Fan, the guys mentioned don't seem to have any link to organised violence.

I'm not in favour of filming groups of fans that are doing nothing but singing at games either. I think that's counter productive as, in the case of the guys in the FF upper at least, the police are doing nothing but pissing them off.I doubt that the supporters that have been approached were picked at random, though saying so doesn't fit with the tone of the article.

Chuck Rhoades
09-09-2018, 10:59 AM
I doubt that the supporters that have been approached were picked at random, though saying so doesn't fit with the tone of the article.

You’d be surprised.

lord bunberry
09-09-2018, 12:14 PM

I'm not in favour of filming groups of fans that are doing nothing but singing at games either. I think that's counter productive as, in the case of the guys in the FF upper at least, the police are doing nothing but pissing them off.
I agree. They shouldn’t be filming people at the game for supporting the team. There wasn’t any need for the police to even be in the stadium last week.

green day
09-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Did they ask Lee Wallace?

Chorley Hibee
09-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Are they using such exhaustive procedures whilst Rangers fans carry on with their rampant displays of sectarianism most weekends?

Of course they're not - it's much easier to earn a crust on less visible issues and largely innocent people attending a football match instead.

Keith_M
09-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Are they using such exhaustive procedures whilst Rangers fans carry on with their rampant displays of sectarianism most weekends?

Of course they're not - it's much easier to earn a crust on less visible issues and largely innocent people attending a football match instead.

:agree:

I await the mass arrests post match at Ibrox with interest.