PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker

AugustaHibs
01-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Slower than a week in polmont. Nae awareness of what’s around him.

See ya

IGRIGI
01-09-2018, 04:21 PM
You'll get pelters but I agree, one decent performance in just over a season has turned him into Pirlo for a lot on here.

SeanWilson
01-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Fine first half. Lost the plot second half.

whereswallace?
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
You could start a new post with another 9 names if you’re being fair.

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Our supporters are far too quick to jump on him

Couple of loose passes and everyones screaming blue murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibby the Hibby
01-09-2018, 04:30 PM
always been a fan of whittaker but he is just passed it , its as easy as that, also after watching that, It just increases the fact that we needed another striker/goal scoring mid,

mclaren seems to only do his stuff from the bench, though granted he is far better with flo upfront, but the truth is, with flo out we are very average upfront, and for a team that relies on scoring more than the opposition due to our leaky defence, this is an issue, nothing we can do til jan now likely,

but going with flo, mclaren and 2 kids who really we have no idea if they can cope with a full season in the top league, is just not good enough considering we have funds to get someone, or should have! Id have kept murray if I knew we would end up with this attack,, would really have liked even a hitman to hold up the ball for these games, make space for others, very very dissapointed today, nthing to say flo will come back on the same form as last season also, will give them time, only 4 games played, but we do look bare in certain positions,

AugustaHibs
01-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Our supporters are far too quick to jump on him

Couple of loose passes and everyones screaming blue murder

Suppose your the same sort of poster delighted with how our transfer window went.

Absolute no danger you were there today.

DTS
01-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Was good in the first half, then felt obligied to take over from Mallan after he went off in taking over the role of being absolutely ****

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Duplicate post

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Suppose your the same sort of poster delighted with how our transfer window went.

Absolute no danger you were there today.

Section K row H cheers mate

Whittaker was the least of our problems today

cabbage_88
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
He was terrible in the second half. The 3 at the back were even worse though, as bad a second half performance as I've seen in a long long time.

RossScott1991
01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Convinced he has a sex tape involving Leanne and Lennon to have been given a 3 year deal and picked most weeks.

sundo1875
01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Beyond me that he gets a game over Slivka. We need Milligan in ASAP.

HoboHarry
01-09-2018, 04:39 PM

See ya
Familiar with Polmont are you? What years did you spend in there?

GoalsMcGinley
01-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Sure I got it stinking last weekend for slating him [emoji848]

Ozyhibby
01-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Beyond me that he gets a game over Slivka. We need Milligan in ASAP.

I’m not convinced Milligan will make things much better. I haven’t watch much Middle East football but I doubt it’s ideal preparation for playing in the spfl.

AugustaHibs
01-09-2018, 04:43 PM

Figure of speech, don’t presume you were at the game today considering your location is USA. GTF

TheMentalHibees
01-09-2018, 04:44 PM
I’m sure it’s nice to have your own fans jeering you. He’s been absolute murder but he’s no asking to be picked.

Gaffer1875
01-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Poor game today, seems to be lacking confidence.

GoalsMcGinley
01-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Poor game today, seems to be lacking confidence.

Or anything resembling ability anymore!

marinello59
01-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Sure I got it stinking last weekend for slating him [emoji848]

You must be delighted he hasn’t played so well today then. Happy days for you.:aok:
He had a pretty good game last week by the way.

staunchhibby
01-09-2018, 04:46 PM
On todays performance i think we are in for a hard slog

gillythehibby
01-09-2018, 04:46 PM

See ya

Aye cheerio. Same old p1sh when we get beat. Pick on a scapegoat.
FFS

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Name the outfield players better than whittaker today?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2018, 04:48 PM
You could start a new post with another 9 names if you’re being fair.

11 names. Everyone was howling the day. Subs included.

HoboHarry
01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Figure of speech, don’t presume you were at the game today considering your location is USA. GTF
Eh, naw. Your turn.......

GoalsMcGinley
01-09-2018, 04:52 PM
You must be delighted he hasn’t played so well today then. Happy days for you.:aok:
He had a pretty good game last week by the way.

That’s ok then. He had a “pretty good game” last week. If you’re genuinely happy with Steven Whittaker as our midfield anchor then we’re in big, big trouble!

kaimendhibs
01-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Bad day at the office today. No point in blaming individuals

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hhibs
01-09-2018, 05:12 PM

Indeed,strange as it may be the Prison/Young Offenders is not actually in Polmont but is in Redding.never understood that.

Gosh ,was glad to be thinking on something else after that shambles of a game.

Oh ****,reality.

01-09-2018, 05:17 PM
He's done but he wasn't the only one to not perform today.

HoboHarry
01-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Indeed,strange as it may be the Prison/Young Offenders is not actually in Polmont but is in Redding.never understood that.

Gosh ,was glad to be thinking on something else after that shambles of a game.

Oh ****,reality.
Dreadful area in my opinion. I lived in Falkirk for 6 years and don't miss it one bit......

Hiber-nation
01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Good for half an hour then rotten. Didn't help to have players alongside him who didn't fancy it one bit on that pitch today.

PatHead
22-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Thought Whittaker was excellent today. Would have had a goal but for a very good save from their goalie.

Libby Hibby
22-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Funny how his critics are a quiet tonight.

He isn’t a CM, he admits this himself, play him in a more natural position and he will do just fine for us.

Blaster
22-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Funny how his critics are a quiet tonight.

He isn’t a CM, he admits this himself, play him in a more natural position and he will do just fine for us.

Where’s ozy 😉

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Thought Whittaker was excellent today.

You can’t be saying things like that.

In all seriousness, he was a hell of a lot more comfortable at right back. Played well.

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Where’s ozy [emoji6]

There are more than him that have said he is “done”...if they were there today, they surely couldn’t honestly maintain that view ..deserves a lot of credit. Was an important part of the second half performance ..

Brightside
22-09-2018, 08:36 PM
if you think steven can replace David in that role you are mad. We played the worst team in the league today. Steven is a good squad player and should only play if we have injuries

Blaster
22-09-2018, 08:43 PM
if you think steven can replace David in that role you are mad. We played the worst team in the league today. Steven is a good squad player and should only play if we have injuries

Nobody is denying that. But the abuse he has taken recently whilst covering injured players was outrageous

Or I am mad and you are correct as always

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Nobody said he could replace David. But his performance today showed his value in relation to your second point.

PatHead
22-09-2018, 08:46 PM

They may have been the worst team in the league but it does not disguise the fact Whittaker had a very good game today. It is great to have competition in all positions and strength in depth.

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Nobody said he could replace David. But his performance today showed his value in relation to your second point.

[emoji122][emoji122]I think some are unhappy he played well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
22-09-2018, 08:51 PM
There are no passengers in this Hibs squad. Its great we can debate who should be playing where, who we would prefer to play where. Every player in this squad has value and something to give, the squad has rarely been this strong and is getting stronger.

Iggy Pope
22-09-2018, 09:12 PM
I like it best when posters add that bit of gravitas to their thoughts by referring to players by their Christian names. It's so reassuring.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2018, 09:34 PM
[emoji122][emoji122]I think some are unhappy he played well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. I don’t think he should be in our 11. But how much more comfortable was he today? In his position.

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 09:43 PM
I agree. I don’t think he should be in our 11. But how much more comfortable was he today? In his position.

Agreed. Lennon doesn’t see him as a first 11 when he has everyone available , but that’s not going to be available to him every week...at that performance level he is more than capable of playing and contributing very well ..he will be very happy with his shift today

Hiber-nation
22-09-2018, 09:45 PM
I like it best when posters add that bit of gravitas to their thoughts by referring to players by their Christian names. It's so reassuring.

:thumbsup:

bingo70
22-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Completely agree Iggy

CMac1988
22-09-2018, 09:50 PM
I've been a critic in recent weeks. As always I like to think I'm fairly balanced and today praised him after a good game. I done so throughout the matchday thread.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, Dundee never really threatened us at all. I stand by the fact his legs have gone and that he loses his man too easily as he's turned due to marking too tight as a consequence. If it's a case of fitness and confidence then I hope he can push on from today's performance.

It's also worth noting he was back to playing at RB today where he no doubt feels more comfortbale. Up against someone with a little pace though I'm not so sure.

Again good game.

J-C
22-09-2018, 10:00 PM
I'm glad he did well but the biggest criticism is more the fact he was being played out of position when he just wasn't good enough for the midfield. Lennon has to take some of this criticism as he picks the team, also it was well documented he struggled with a niggly injury for a while, hopefully having the full pre season has helped.

CMurdoch
23-09-2018, 01:33 AM
Played where he is comfortable today and played really well.

Should never have been played in defensive midfield as he doesn't have the necessary skills.
Lennon did him a disservice and Whittaker took a lot of fans abuse as a result.
Milligans arrival will hopefully see that this madness is never repeated.

Austinho
23-09-2018, 01:37 AM
Completely agree IggyDon’t you mean James?

Brightside
23-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Nobody is denying that. But the abuse he has taken recently whilst covering injured players was outrageous

Or I am mad and you are correct as always

I am correct as always. Thank you

Allant1981
23-09-2018, 06:55 AM

yip, they usually like to think they know more than others for some reason

Iggy Pope
23-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Don’t you mean James?

:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Played where he is comfortable today and played really well.

Should never have been played in defensive midfield as he doesn't have the necessary skills.
Lennon did him a disservice and Whittaker took a lot of fans abuse as a result.
Milligans arrival will hopefully see that this madness is never repeated.Wish some of our home support was a bit more supportive...the fans got right behind him when he came on yesterday...sadly wouldn't have been the case at ER...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
23-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Where’s ozy [emoji6]

I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I would have expected him to have a decent game in that role. Dundee are absolutely terrible and I expect we had the vast majority of the possession. Whittaker when he has the ball is not a problem. The problem would be if we were playing a team capable of running at us.
Would you be comfortable if he starts there on Tuesday up against Mackay-Steven or Niall McGinn? He will get rinsed if he does.
I think Lennon knows this and I doubt he will start him there even if Gray isn’t fit.

marinello59
23-09-2018, 08:42 AM
I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I would have expected him to have a decent game in that role. Dundee are absolutely terrible and I expect we had the vast majority of the possession. Whittaker when he has the ball is not a problem. The problem would be if we were playing a team capable of running at us.
Would you be comfortable if he starts there on Tuesday up against Mackay-Steven or Niall McGinn? He will get rinsed if he does.
I think Lennon knows this and I doubt he will start him there even if Gray isn’t fit.

Dundee aren’t terrible going forward, they are terrible at the back. He had a good game against some capable players.

bigwheel
23-09-2018, 08:45 AM

49/51 possession yesterday .....Dundee are good on the ball ..keep Possession well ...not so good without the ball

Whittaker’s performance level yesterday was more than good enough to get a start on Tuesday if Lennon chooses

Ozyhibby
23-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Dundee aren’t terrible going forward, they are terrible at the back. He had a good game against some capable players.

They have only scored 2 goals this season?

Smartie
23-09-2018, 09:12 AM

I do think this is a fair comment.

Yesterday though, he did quite good job of preventing trouble. He got a foot in early a few times to stop wingers getting momentum running at him, and he was very tidy in possession, meaning that we didn't give the ball away unnecessarily, allowing Dundee to target him.

Any way you look at it though, he was excellent yesterday.

Dancehibs
23-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Ah you didn’t go aeh .... don’t should have scored a couple in the first half. They were fine going forward. Must be a nightmare for you. Whitty cane on at half time. Contributed to a fine victory.

With your exceptional football knowledge get yourself down to East Mains today. Make sure Lenny is picking correct team and tactics for Tuesday