PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Livingston v Hibs

Pages : 1 [2] 3

The Captain....
01-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Shambolic..players switching positions and shapes every 10 mins. No balance in that squad at all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

oneone73
****ing joke of a result. This mob got pumped off of St Mirren last week didn’t they???

Other way round. But crack on.

NorthNorfolkHFC
People still believe our midfield is amazing ??? We needed better qualiy. Anyone who thinks we didn’t need Allan have a word.

We needed one or two with more quality. Not necessarily Allan, he’s not the only decent midfielder we could have signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-09-2018, 03:34 PM
People were desperate for Allan to come in, it was the defence that was needing sorted. Every game we're giving away soft goals

Fair bit of merit in this statement. 3 centrebacks against Livvy and shipping 2 goals.

wookie70
Shaw for Allen, we are second to everything and so slow to move the ball

IGRIGI
And it would be a justified meltdown IMO.

I agree too, a lot of questions to be asked.

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Ii actually missed the throw that kead to there goal- adgypong was hardly on the park

Surprised lenny wasnt going radge

Smartie
I think we are where we should be with about 4 weeks to go until the season starts.

Waiting for players to get fit, waiting on the odd visa, watching the odd mistake being made whilst our team takes shape.

This is unacceptable the day after the transfer window closes.

We haven't stumped up in record numbers to watch a work in progress, but that is what it looks like.

Paisley Hibby
We learned last time when we sold the Golden Generation and were relegated 7 years after winning the League Cup.

Hearts have spent money and are clear at the top of the league. They'll make back that revenue from continued high season ticket sales and transfer fees when these players are sold.

Are the board really, REALLY going to make this mistake again? If we're down to 8,000 STs in three years again then it's their fault.
Wow - do you really believe that stuff?

hfc rd
People still believe our midfield is amazing ??? We needed better qualiy. Anyone who thinks we didn’t need Allan have a word.

Our defence is even worse. We are playing with 3 CB’s and still conceding goals to garbage like this.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Not making excuses but this pitch is a disgrace

A Hi-Bee
We learned last time when we sold the Golden Generation and were relegated 7 years after winning the League Cup.

Hearts have spent money and are clear at the top of the league. They'll make back that revenue from continued high season ticket sales and transfer fees when these players are sold.

Are the board really, REALLY going to make this mistake again? If we're down to 8,000 STs in three years again then it's their fault.

Too late, it may have already begun, but still time yet, we are Hibs. one ****y result is not the end of the world as long as they can sort it out.

HibbyKeith
Aye finishes in May 2019

well spotted

Lewiehas2
Reading this thread is comical people are full of *****

Captain Trips
I think we are where we should be with about 4 weeks to go until the season starts.

Waiting for players to get fit, waiting on the odd visa, watching the odd mistake being made whilst our team takes shape.

We haven't stumped up in record numbers to watch a work in progress, but that is what it looks like.

That's what it's like. There are even folk talking about January window. I'm not interested in Scott Allan in January there are loads of games to play until then.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Another good save by Bogdan

Michael
Not making excuses but this pitch is a disgrace

A pitch is a pitch IMO. Both sets of players have to play on it.

Hibernian Verse
Too late, it may have already begun, but still time yet, we are Hibs. one ****y result is not the end of the world as long as they can sort it out.I'm not bedwetting yet but this isn't one poor result. This is the 2nd so far in 4 games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wookie70
This could easily get worse, Bogdan with reasonable save

Hibs90
01-09-2018, 03:38 PM
It would help of course if Lennon played players in their correct positions.

IGRIGI
Not to disrespect Shaw and Allan but if with one injury we are down to that cover up front we've not recruited enough over the summer.

HoboHarry
Well it seems like its going to be a Carlsberg weekend for the .net hystericals so I'm out of here for the rest of the weekend. Hope all the usual crew have a good weekend.....

rcarter1
Very very poor at this moment.

Things may get worse before they get better.. But this team is going to need to find its mojo. We sound disjointed at the minute.

:dunno:

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Well when else have you meant to sort it? Have you just meant to put up with it without at least trying to rectify it by bringing a couple defenders in?

Ok - so put your money where your mouth is and tell us what defenders we should have signed?
For bonus points they should have a combined transfer fee of about £100k if you want it to be realistic.

The point being that we're losing goals because the players switch off or make an error and I don't think our budget remotely covers defenders who don't make mistakes and don't switch off.

Your talking about the defence as though it's a thing in isolation....something separate from the team as a whole.
The issue isn't the defence, it's the broader problem of how we're playing as a team - in not dominating teams they will attack us more often and in doing so will create more situations where switching off will be an issue. And in not converting the play we have into goals those soft goals will cost us points.

I think you could spend half a million on a couple of defenders and we wouldn't be any better off given the issues we're having further up the park.

Ozyhibby
It would help of course if Lennon played players in their correct positions.

He can’t because all he bought were attacking midfielders.

h185forever
Cmon Lenny, get the monopoly box out ......we need a get out of jail card ...pronto

Mon Dieu4
Reading this thread is comical people are full of *****

People aren't full of ****, hibs are imbalanced at the minute, for the first 70 odd minutes we were the better team without doing much but our frailties and what we are lacking is pretty self evident to be honest, we are crying out for a midfielder who controls the tempo and another who can play a final ball

Scotty Leither

Nailed it..."European football is a bonus", just enjoy it". "We'll be fine when all our players are fit/visas granted, etc."

I've paraphrased the first two statements but that's pretty much the line we were fed.

What The manager did say is that he was looking to bring in "one of two" in the window, and that's not happened.

The Board must think we'll swallow any tosh they'll feed us?

SteveHFC
01-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Nailed it..."European football is a bonus", just enjoy it". "We'll be fine when all our players are fit/visas granted, etc."

I've paraphrased the first two statements but that's pretty much the line we were fed.

What The manager did say is that he was looking to bring in "one of two" in the window, and that's not happened.

Tbf our bank balance will be good for years to come.

Stuart93
01-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Ok - so put your money where your mouth is and tell us what defenders we should have signed?
For bonus points they should have a combined transfer fee of about £100k if you want it to be realistic.

The point being that we're losing goals because the players switch off or make an error and I don't think our budget remotely covers defenders who don't make mistakes and don't switch off.

Your talking about the defence as though it's a thing in isolation....something separate from the team as a whole.
The issue isn't the defence, it's the broader problem of how we're playing as a team - in not dominating teams they will attack us more often and in doing so will create more situations where switching off will be an issue. And in not converting the play we have into goals those soft goals will cost us points.

I think you could spend half a million on a couple of defenders and we wouldn't be any better off given the issues we're having further up the park.

No sure where to start with this, so all I'll say is hibs have people employed who's sole job it is is to find players that will strengthen our team. Not mines

where'stheslope
01-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Dobbie 4 goals today, just what we needed!

stoneyburn hibs
well spotted

We're 4 games into the league campaign, a little early to be pressing the panic button.

Roberts1875
I've a feeling it's going to be a long arduous season - crap pitch or not, this is awful, we don't seem to have a clue and are in danger of being taught a lesson by chuffing Livingston!

Hibs90
He can’t because all he bought were attacking midfielders.

Boyle on the right Horgan on the left its not too difficult.

Michael
01-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Tbf our bank balance will be good for years to come.

We're like the Scottish Arsenal.

bawheid

We brought in more than two did we not? There was always going to be a degree of rebalancing to do after losing McGinn and McGeouch. I’m not going to wet myself yet.

Ozyhibby

To be fair, most do. Look how many think it’s been a good transfer window on here.

wookie70
We look disinterested, no drive, no leaders and not doing the basics.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Lennon himself has talked about points being dropped early last season costing league positions and here we are again. Same old people calling other posters bedwetters when we are failing against the managers standards! Very interested to hear Lennons comments after this!

Roxyhibee
I've a feeling it's going to be a long arduous season - crap pitch or not, this is awful, we don't seem to have a clue and are in danger of being taught a lesson by chuffing Livingston!

Think that lesson has been delivered already.

MacGruber
This is bollox. It is what it is though. We were tasked with recruitment losing the players we did. We look to have failed in what we needed to do. Hearts were miles behind us and had the same task and looks like they have got it right. That was the crux this summer so fair play to them and their board. We have been on an upward spiral for a good few years now and had the upper hand v them and in derbys. Table has turned now in my opinion and will be a long hard season. I think we might have enough still to scrape top 6. Hearts, Aberdeen and The Rangers will be well ahead. Call it bewetting. It's reality.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2018, 03:44 PM

We usually do because we are addicted to Hibs, they are well aware that most of us will be back next week.
They will also always get their full payments no matter what the result is, at least for a season.
Like I said before I think they have made a mis-calculation as regards players this season.

Lee Marvin
Lennon himself has talked about points being dropped early last season costing league positions and here we are again. Same old people calling other posters bedwetters when we are failing against the managers standards! Very interested to hear Lennons comments after this!

I'm not, Lennon's comments are going to be very ugly after the last 2 days

Ozyhibby
We brought in more than two did we not? There was always going to be a degree of rebalancing to do after losing McGinn and McGeouch. I’m not going to wet myself yet.

Replacing McGeogh with Steven Whittaker though? FFS.

SirDavidsNapper
01-09-2018, 03:45 PM
We badly need Gray, McGregor and Kamberi back and hope Milligan is good!

500miles

A bit selective there. Whittaker was already here, Mallan came in when Mcgeouch left.

davidgray210516
This is bollox. It is what it is though. We were tasked with recruitment losing the players we did. We look to have failed in what we needed to do. Hearts were miles behind us and had the same task and looks like they have got it right. That was the crux this summer so fair play to them and their board. We have been on an upward spiral for a good few years now and had the upper hand v them and in derbys. Table has turned now in my opinion and will be a long hard season. I think we might have enough still to scrape top 6. Hearts, Aberdeen and The Rangers will be well ahead. Call it bewetting. It's reality.

👌

SouthMoroccoStu
So a 2 hand shove in the box isn’t a penalty

Good to know

A Hi-Bee

You could also call it reality along with a lack of real funds to speculate with.

DaveF
To be fair, most do. Look how many think it’s been a good transfer window on here.

Totally agree. It's been pish, most know it but few aDmitry it. We are well short and everyone here today can glaringly see it. Piss poor stuff.

bawheid

Have we though? Really?

Scotty Leither

Wet yourself whenever you want, the manager said last week he was looking to bring more in. We've now got a lighter squad in numbers than we had at the start of the season, and we're toiling to retain the ball up front and in the middle of the park.

If anybody's "wet themselves" it's our untouchable Board ( again).

Michael

You can't tell after 4 games though.

One Day Soon
01-09-2018, 03:46 PM

It’s bedwetting.

Ozyhibby
A bit selective there. Whittaker was already here, Mallan came in when Mcgeouch left.

Mallan is an attacking mid. It’s Whittaker that is playing where McGeogh was.

bawheid
Wet yourself whenever you want, the manager said last week he was looking to bring more in. We've now got a lighter squad in numbers than we had at the start of the season, and we're toiling to retain the ball up front and in the middle of the park.

You crack on mate. Enjoy your evening.

Nicho87
Big budget though troops

SirDavidsNapper

Aberdeen are losing at home

Scotty Leither
01-09-2018, 03:47 PM
You crack on mate. Enjoy your evening.

Will do pal, you too.

wookie70
Porteous now up front and Whittaker gone into back 3

SteveHFC
Big budget though troops

Biggest budget in our history they said.

500miles
Mallan is an attacking mid. It’s Whittaker that is playing where McGeogh was.

And Milligan will be playing there, with Bartley for backup after the international break.

wookie70
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Boyle shoots poorly wide after good work from Porteous and Shaw

Hibs90
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Well thanks Hibs for making my hangover even worse than what it already is.

hfc rd
01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
International break could not come soon enough

A Hi-Bee

oh yes you can.

HH81
How long left?

Stuart93
Porteous now up front and Whittaker gone into back 3

Porteous upfront vs Livingston and people will still say it was a really good transfer window.

Sprouleflyer
No one in the current set up that can play a killer ball through a stubborn defence.

Missing the player who has the ability to play that ball.

Losing to Livi feels like the bad old days :dummytit:

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Well thanks Hibs for making my hangover even worse than what it already is.Mine too mate feared this today...the feel good factor that has surrounded the club for so long is slowly ebbing way...we should have kicked on this season but we are stagnating. Really annoyed right now

Hannah_hfc
5 mins stoppage time

Come on...

Fife-Hibee
6 shots on target from Livi, 2 from us.

easty
Other way round. But crack on.

Crack on with what?

It’s an absolute diddy result today.

Scotty Leither
Porteous upfront vs Livingston and people will still say it was a really good transfer window.

Maybe the manager making a point...

Speedway
01-09-2018, 03:51 PM
This is last season’s Hamilton match.

wookie70
5 minutes Injury time. It takes us a minute to pump it up the park. Free kick as Ambrose upended.

A Hi-Bee
It’s bedwetting.

naw I would probably say it is reality and I have been watching Hibs for close to 60 years seen it all before, we will get better but nowhere near the second half of last season.

JJP
1 win from our first 4 games is so poor. Awful form. Hope we pick up some form sharpish because this is looking like being an awful season so far.

wookie70
01-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Horgan kicks it straight out of play from promising free kick position

MacGruber
It’s bedwetting.

I hope you are right but can't see it. The evidence is stacking up

Ozyhibby
And Milligan will be playing there, with Bartley for backup after the international break.

33 year old who has spent most of the last 3 years playing in the Middle East and has never played in Europe before. Forgive if I’m a little worried that he won’t be up to it.

hfc rd
It’s bedwetting.

No it’s not. It’s reality.

AFKA5814_Hibs
Not to disrespect Shaw and Allan but if with one injury we are down to that cover up front we've not recruited enough over the summer.

Nah we're fine. Havent you heard, we've signed 7 full internationalists. 👍

Nicho87
Top 6 will be good

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 03:53 PM
1 win from our first 4 games is so poor. Awful form. Hope we pick up some form sharpish because this is looking like being an awful season so far.

or first defeat?

MacGruber

You can see it though. Just calling it early

Michael
No it’s not. It’s reality.

It's not reality until it happens. It's speculation.

SkintHibby
This is truly awful stuff.

500miles
33 year old who has spent most of the last 3 years playing in the Middle East and has never played in Europe before. Forgive if I’m a little worried that he won’t be up to it.

Well Lennon was chasing him hard enough for the length of the transfer window, top target there.

Fife-Hibee
Less than 2 minutes left and having a bit of a laugh at the back. :rolleyes:

madhatter
01-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Stronger squad than last season? Guess we know the answer now...we're woeful. Window closes and next day we start with a virtually unused youngster upfront...we're going for quality over quantity though.

Hibs90
Mine too mate feared this today...the feel good factor that has surrounded the club for so long is slowly ebbing way...we should have kicked on this season but we are stagnating. Really annoyed right now

Certainly feels like it. Very frustrating.

Stevie Reid
Worst performance in years. Utterly pathetic.

paul_hfc3
Should have bought Scott Allan. Instead we were tight and now we pay the price

JJP
or first defeat?

So what? Draws are only worth one point. Not going to make much of a dent with our current form. Or do you disagree?

AFKA5814_Hibs
Very, very, very poor. 😕

Brightside
01-09-2018, 03:55 PM
time to log off.

Pretty Boy
Players missing and a ***** pitch but we are losing to ****ing Livingston. I'd be raging if this was a Butcher team never mind what we have come to expect as the standard over the last couple of years.

Any meltdown after a result like this is perfectly understandable. Pretending it's all fine and dandy is a bit silly. We were gifted a decenr start to the season and have dropped 7 points so far. There's plenty work to be done and we are pissing with the cock we have for a few months now.

Hibernian Verse
Should have bought Scott Allan. Instead we were tight and now we pay the priceOh really? Do you think Hibs didn't try to? Stupid ****ing comment.

Stuart93
Worst performance in years. Utterly pathetic.

Someone said to me that looked like butchers hibs, ****in hope not

Tricla

Cos we lost one game? FFS.

whiskas

Relegation form tbh

davidgray210516

👌

A Hi-Bee
Less than 2 minutes left and having a bit of a laugh at the back. :rolleyes:

aah were ****in doomed a tell yi.

NZ Green
This is last season’s Hamilton match.
Exactly what I thought, same time of year too.

Austinho
At least we're spending £1million so we can practice on **** pitches like that.

The Leith Dutch
No sure where to start with this, so all I'll say is hibs have people employed who's sole job it is is to find players that will strengthen our team. Not mines

So here's the point of a forum - you discuss things and you offer an opinion.
If you don't have suggestions for what players you think could have been brought in to make a difference then you don't have an opinion that's worth listening to.
It's basically "Wahhhh. Someone should have done something BETTER!"

Still, I'm sure you'll be delighted that your endless carping has been validated by the team losing.
You're like the tosser next to me in the East who doesn't applaud goals from the Hibs players he likes to shout at.

GlesgaeHibby
Relegation form tbh

Behave.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Stronger squad than last season? Guess we know the answer now...we're woeful. Window closes and next day we start with a virtually unused youngster upfront...we're going for quality over quantity though.

We haven’t even got quantity. We have a smaller squad than last season. And Lennon spent all last season saying our squad wasn’t big enough.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 03:56 PM
So what? Draws are only worth one point. Not going to make much of a dent with our current form. Or do you disagree?

what do you mean so what, its our first defeat, even good teams have bad games, so many people on this board over react its unreal

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Disgraceful performance and result.

dmc1875
01-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Utterly shambolic 24 hours

coco22
01-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Relegation form tbh

🙄 settle down

Heisenberg
Our defending at the end of last season was a shambles. We’ve not done anything to rectify it and are now weaker in the midfield so aren’t creating or scoring as many to make up for the pish defending.

We had a half decent window but the fact that we’ve got Whittaker playing central midfield at this stage is so poor. Milligan has to have a work permit sorted and be fit to play by the time the break is over. We’ve got a lot relying on him being a key player this season.

Fifehibby74

Totally agree. If we are honest we huffed and puffed at the start of last season as well. Didn't really play great football until we had the additions in the January transfer window in of which Allan was a key part. We need a player who can see a defence opening pass. Was the same against Abwrdeen last week as well. Really disappointed hibs didn't make this move happen

Danderhall Hibs

How much were we short by on our offer?

I’m not convinced that he’d have been able to stop either of the Livi goals today.

mentalhibee
Couldn’t have imagined we’d have been starting a game this season with Whittaker in midfield and Lewis Allan upfront, we look terrible.

JJP
01-09-2018, 03:59 PM
what do you mean so what, its our first defeat, even good teams have bad games, so many people on this board over react its unreal

In what way have I over reacted? Our current form over the course of a season will see us nowhere. I’m not sure how you can disagree with that.

Deansy

On and off the field it's starting to feel more like we're back to Petrie's Hibs !

Allant1981
How much were we short by on our offer?

I’m not convinced that he’d have been able to stop either of the Livi goals today.

scott allan would not have stopped that today, was a poor performance from almost all of them

The Green Goblin
So how did we get on today?

A Hi-Bee
So here's the point of a forum - you discuss things and you offer an opinion.
If you don't have suggestions for what players you think could have been brought in to make a difference then you don't have an opinion that's worth listening to.
It's basically "Wahhhh. Someone should have done something BETTER!"

Still, I'm sure you'll be delighted that your endless carping has been validated by the team losing.
You're like the tosser next to me in the East who doesn't applaud goals from the Hibs players he likes to shout at.

The way we are shaping up then your tosser next to you will no be applauding much for a wee while.

silverhibee
Was that Lennon having a go at the 4th official at the end of the game.

hibsboy69
01-09-2018, 04:00 PM
It's OK folks

We've raked in loads of money on :-

Mcginn money
14,000 Season Tickets
European Run (not budgeted for)
Murray money

We've also signed loads of internationalists

Please stop all the "bedwetting" ! :rolleyes: :grr:

Scotty Leither

We've lost to a ramshackle team that have the worst pitch in Christendom, can t even produce a match programme, and have just been promoted playing a style of football that will get the game stopped.

It's an overreaction? Get real.

hhibs
That was horrific,completely outplayed and bossed by ff ing Livingston,think this signals a real downturn ,I really fear for the season ahead and,commercially will be a huge dent in Hibs finances.

We can forget Europe ,with this set up, top six looks forlorn.

Hope I am wrong but was going to comment last night on how unbalanced we looked after the lost opportunity of the transfer window.

All the hallmarks of same old,same old Hibs, bottler.

We are looking a shambles,disjointed and clueless , NL needs to have a good look at himself ; team selection, formation,tactics .....what the fffffffff.

Still the balance sheet will look good..........for the moment and ,of course, we will have our million pound training pitch !

JimBHibees

Also played in the world cup.

A Hi-Bee
On and off the field it's starting to feel more like we're back to Petrie's Hibs !

Please dont go there but on the one hand...........

JohnMcM
01-09-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm so saddened by today's performance that I find it had to say anything other than I'm so saddened by today's performance.
:flag:

Allant1981
In what way have I over reacted? Our current form over the course of a season will see us nowhere. I’m not sure how you can disagree with that.

we have lost one game while getting our squad sorted thats why its an over reaction from quite a few, we will not go a whole season without a defeat or without playing bad

whiskas
[emoji849] settle down

Why? It’s pretty accurate. We’ve got 5 points from 4 games I.e. 5/12. The relegation watermark is usually 1 point a game so as it stands that’s where we are. We should be smashing the likes of Livingston 3 or 4 nil not losing to them. At the moment we’ve got nothing in the middle of the park and our attack is powder-puff

Borderhibbie76
Couldn’t have imagined we’d have been starting a game this season with Whittaker in midfield and Lewis Allan upfront, we look terrible.Not what record ST numbers deserve...especially when we've just raked in millions from selling our star player...disgraceful

Real Emerald
01-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Feels like we're going through the same routine that has persisted since I started watching Hibs. Build the fans up, lose your best players and don't recruit properly then back to square one. It's so disappointing after the forward momentum of the last few years. We knew we were going to lose most of our midfield and we were always short up front but we haven't addressed the problem. When you compare our resources with Livingston's it's an embarrassment that we were all over the place today, hopeless performance an a totally unbalanced team. Sickening.

HibbyKeith
Forget Scott Allan, its a target man centre forward we are missing. without someone to play off Maclaren is a waste of a jersey. Hes a great forward but he needs someone there to take the knocks.

such a poor balance to the team at the moment and this result is the last thing the club needs after such bad feeling from fans towards the end of the transfer window.

Allant1981
That was horrific,completely outplayed and bossed by ff ing Livingston,think this signals a real downturn ,I really fear for the season ahead and,commercially will be a huge dent in Hibs finances.

We can forget Europe ,with this set up, top six looks forlorn.

Hope I am wrong but was going to comment last night on how unbalanced we looked after the lost opportunity of the transfer window.

All the hallmarks of same old,same old Hibs, bottler.

We are looking a shambles,disjointed and clueless , NL needs to have a good look at himself ; team selection, formation,tactics .....what the fffffffff.

yip im sure you were going to comment last night, turns out you wait until we get beat then decide to have a pop

Callum_62
We lost, it happens

Its the manner of the defeat thats so bad

Bishop Hibee
Poor result. We need to get the formation sorted out and get Kamberi fit.

HFC 0-7
If someone had said before the start of the season that we would be starting games with Allan up front and Whittaker in midfield without Mcginn and Mcgeouch would you be happy?? Brutal!

MyJo
01-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Marciano
Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Ambrose
Whittaker
McGinn
McGeouch
Swanson
Stokes
Murray

That’s the team that lost to Hamilton, this time last year, at home. Didn’t end up doing to badly by the end of the season.

bodhibs
This thread 😂😂

A Hi-Bee
Utterly shambolic 24 hours

I its no been the best and not having heard anything out of Easter Rd can only guess what the **** is going on.

we are hibs
There are absolutely no excuses for that. Not good enough. Looks like it's going to be a long season.

ScottB
Other than scrapping by Ross County, we’ve not won a game since McGinn left, have we?

bodhibs
01-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Some serious pant pishers

Hibernian Verse
We lost, it happens

Its the manner of the defeat thats so bad

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's what's annoyed me today. We go 1-0 up away from home and we just stay far too open to see the game out. Shut up shop for a while and keep the lead!

whiskas
commercially will be a huge dent in Hibs finances.

Hopefully, that might make the bean counters in charge pay attention

Fife-Hibee

On the pitch today, certainly.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2018, 04:05 PM

It was almost that bad today. Didn't think a Lennon team could play that badly. Only the 8th SPL game we've lost under Lennon, but the worst by a mile.

Never had a real hold of the game, created very little and - most worrying of all - showed zero desire.

Livi are a nightmare to play against, and the pitch is an absolute joke. But they well deserved their win.

JJP
we have lost one game while getting our squad sorted thats why its an over reaction from quite a few, we will not go a whole season without a defeat or without playing bad

You make it sound like this is a one off. It’s not. We need to be winning games and we are not. We were playing Livingston today. We were not playing one of the better teams in this league.We have not won any of our last three games but your happy with it because we are still getting the team sorted? Keep burying your head in the sand buddy.

Hibernian Verse
Other than scrapping by Ross County, we’ve not won a game since McGinn left, have we?In other words, other than the game we won we haven't won a game. Can I be on the opposite team from you in the hibs.net debate competition?!

madhatter
We haven’t even got quantity. We have a smaller squad than last season. And Lennon spent all last season saying our squad wasn’t big enough.

Exactly, that's the point I was making in a sarcastic way. We haven't got enough quality (as yet) and we haven't got much in terms of quantity either, and as you say last season's squad was called "small" by our manager and yet it has become smaller this year with a substantial number of loans...

Things need to improve fast because a feel good factor only remains when fans have heroes on the pitch, players like McGeouch and McGinn. We had character around the place, this has been torn out of the club and rather than investing in the next up-and-coming talent, we've signed 4 and brought 4 loans in. None of the players we've got in are the calibre of McGeouch or McGinn, lets just be honest about that. We sold our best player for millions, had a European run and had good attendances for 2-3 years now, why do we always seem to struggle to sign players? FoH makes a difference for Hearts but they have been paying for the stand and yet still sign double the number of players...

I understand money spent can't equal money taken in from signings but what I cannot understand is why our forward options today were Lewis Allan, Maclaren and Shaw - 2 youngsters. Whittaker a starter in midfield...

Obviously don't know what is going on at the club but I find it strange we've qualified for Europe and sold our best player for millions but yet end up with an even smaller squad. I don't understand that...are we streamlining it into levels of nonexistance?

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:06 PM

yip, we were rank today but the way a lot of folk go on you would think we are man city and should be winning every single week and playing amazing football every week, doesnt happen in reality unfortunately

ozwoody
01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Bereft of ideas, scored a very scrappy goal, Bogdan the busier keeper.
This is Livingston ffs! im sure people will bang on about the pitch..it was the same for both sides but how many times did we misplace passes or put the ball out?
I am lost for words watching that game and the frankly pitiful performance of what was on show

One Day Soon
01-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Relegation form tbh

One of the most laughable comments I’ve ever seen on .net and there’s been a lot of competition over the years.

A Hi-Bee
I'm so saddened by today's performance that I find it had to say anything other than I'm so saddened by today's performance.
:flag:

I am a bit sad as well cause I dont really see things getting back to the way they were, we have not spent what we have in the wisest way, you build a team up from the back as far as I am concerned and this defence is *****, no other way to put it.

hfc rd

If you are satisfied by seeing your team getting dominated and bullied by a p*** promoted club like Livingston then deary me!

Simply no valid excuses to defend that shambolic performance today.

Fife-Hibee
That's what's annoyed me today. We go 1-0 up away from home and we just stay far too open to see the game out. Shut up shop for a while and keep the lead!

I don't think we can shut up shop. Our defending is shambolic and the only way to keep pressure off the defence is to keep attacking. But when the attacking has no cutting edge, it's only a matter of time before too much energy is wasted doing nothing and the opposition start waltzing through the defence.

Allant1981
You make it sound like this is a one off. It’s not. We need to be winning games and we are not. We were playing Livingston today. We were not playing one of the better teams in this league.We have not won any of our last three games but your happy with it because we are still getting the team sorted? Keep burying your head in the sand buddy.

well it has been a one off so far as its our first defeat, we played rank today, it happens, we played rank with mcginn and mcgeouch playing also

SteveHFC
yip, we were rank today but the way a lot of folk go on you would think we are man city and should be winning every single week and playing amazing football every week, doesnt happen in reality unfortunately

Be nice to compete at least

where'stheslope
Livvie now 3rd in the League?
Where have we gone wrong????
Still the International break should give us time to sort it out!!!!!

Scotty Leither
Hopefully, that might make the bean counters in charge pay attention

Don't hold your breath.

GlesgaeHibby
01-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Why? It’s pretty accurate. We’ve got 5 points from 4 games I.e. 5/12. The relegation watermark is usually 1 point a game so as it stands that’s where we are. We should be smashing the likes of Livingston 3 or 4 nil not losing to them. At the moment we’ve got nothing in the middle of the park and our attack is powder-puff

Relegation form is picking up 0 points from your first 4 games, ie Dundee. We've got Marciano, Kamberi and Bartley to come back, Milligan to come in and an international break to come at a good time.

Roxyhibee
Bad day and very frustrating. Was really hoping we’d be looking for another decent striker this week.

But, don’t forget after the first fantastic Ibrox victory last season the humiliating home defeat by Hamilton followed by irritating draws against the likes of Motherwell, Ross Co, etc and another home defeat by Saints with a limp last minute winner for them.

Today was utterly awful but we’ve performed well in other games this season so far. Let’s not panic.

coldingham hibs
Other than scrapping by Ross County, we’ve not won a game since McGinn left, have we?

We have definitely lost McGinns drive & determination, I think that was always going to be a problem as we don’t have anyone to take the bull by the horns.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Bereft of ideas, scored a very scrappy goal, Bogdan the busier keeper.
This is Livingston ffs! im sure people will bang on about the pitch..it was the same for both sides but how many times did we misplace passes or put the ball out?
I am lost for words watching that game and the frankly pitiful performance of what was on show

Wonder if there are rumblings of unrest going on, as this was not even a bad performance this was a pretty lackluster performance, just a thought after the close of the transfer windie.

whiskas
Don't hold your breath.

True, legend has it that Easter Roads wiring was installed by Petrie and Farner fighting over a 2p piece [emoji81]

ScottB
In other words, other than the game we won we haven't won a game. Can I be on the opposite team from you in the hibs.net debate competition?!

Other than the Championship team we played in the League Cup, by default, lesser opposition in a less important tournament, hence separating them out, but fine.

Have we won a league game since McGinn left? No, we have not.

we are hibs
01-09-2018, 04:10 PM

We should be good enough to beat Livingston. It's unacceptable that we have lost and the performance was pish. We ended last season on a high but it looks like that was false hope yet again

Hibernian Verse
I don't think we can shut up shop. Our defending is shambolic and the only way to keep pressure off the defence is to keep attacking. But when the attacking has no cutting edge, it's only a matter of time before too much energy is wasted doing nothing and the opposition start waltzing through the defence.Best way to describe both goals today. Literally waltzed through. It reminded me of the parting of the waves in Tripolis.

Allant1981
Be nice to compete at least

of course it would, no one can say we played anything but poor today but as i said before, these things happen, hopefully they get their backsides kicked and learn from it

Hibernian Verse
Other than the Championship team we played in the League Cup, by default, lesser opposition in a less important tournament, hence separating them out, but fine.

Have we won a league game since McGinn left? No, we have not.Now you're changing what you said...are you in politics?!

I'm only having a laugh with you. Something needs to brighten up this place.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:11 PM
We should be good enough to beat Livingston. It's unacceptable that we have lost and the performance was pish. We ended last season on a high but it looks like that was false hope yet again

of course we should win, just like most bigger teams should win, pity football doesnt work like that every game

A Hi-Bee
Don't hold your breath.

Makes little difference to them they dont get paid on performance, ****ing should though then we might see some more positive vision from them.

hhibs
yip im sure you were going to comment last night, turns out you wait until we get beat then decide to have a pop

Just knew there would be one,take a bow ya walloper.

JJP
01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
well it has been a one off so far as its our first defeat, we played rank today, it happens, we played rank with mcginn and mcgeouch playing also

I’m not going to bother with this anymore. If your happy with our start to the season then good for you. There’s a difference between suffering your first defeat after a run of wins and your first defeat coming after a run of draws. Especially when the team you lose to is Livingston FC.

SkintHibby
People putting that down as a one off are burying their head in the sand. That performance was horrific. One of the worst, if not the worst performance under Lennon's leadership.

lord bunberry
That was absolutely shocking. The defending for both goals was terrible. Easily the worst I’ve seen us play under Lennon. 1 win since McGinn left.

Fife-Hibee

Nobody is saying we "should be winning every single week". But in terms of the size of our club, we are the Tottenham/Liverpool of our league and we just lost to Huddersfield.

houstonhibbee
One of the most laughable comments I’ve ever seen on .net and there’s been a lot of competition over the years.
Why is it laughable? Play like that every week and we’ll find ourselves at the foot of the table

Jim44
01-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Very bad day at the office and elsewhere. We were useless and got what we deserved, Jambos strolled to a 4-1 win with a hatrick and an assist for their wee thug, Villa with our ‘star’ got cuffed 4-1 and McGinn subbed. Well at least it’s stopped raining now. :greengrin

Lendo
01-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Why did we bring in Hyndman, but them play Whittaker in midfield??

Time to retire Stephen.

Scotty Leither
01-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Exactly, that's the point I was making in a sarcastic way. We haven't got enough quality (as yet) and we haven't got much in terms of quantity either, and as you say last season's squad was called "small" by our manager and yet it has become smaller this year with a substantial number of loans...

Things need to improve fast because a feel good factor only remains when fans have heroes on the pitch, players like McGeouch and McGinn. We had character around the place, this has been torn out of the club and rather than investing in the next up-and-coming talent, we've signed 4 and brought 4 loans in. None of the players we've got in are the calibre of McGeouch or McGinn, lets just be honest about that. We sold our best player for millions, had a European run and had good attendances for 2-3 years now, why do we always seem to struggle to sign players? FoH makes a difference for Hearts but they have been paying for the stand and yet still sign double the number of players...

I understand money spent can't equal money taken in from signings but what I cannot understand is why our forward options today were Lewis Allan, Maclaren and Shaw - 2 youngsters. Whittaker a starter in midfield...

Obviously don't know what is going on at the club but I find it strange we've qualified for Europe and sold our best player for millions but yet end up with an even smaller squad. I don't understand that...are we streamlining it into levels of nonexistance?

That's way too simplistic mate, as the Board and the financial gurus on here would be quick to tell you.

My worry now is that Leeann seems to have gone very quiet of late, and for someone who's a good communicator and very effusive person when you meet and chat with her, that's not a good sign.

Maybe my imagination, but I don't think so. Just hope Petrie and his yes men aren't wearing her down.

I honestly thought we could kick on and be an outside bet for the League with her and Lennon at the helm, but I have my doubts now.

Cod Boy
01-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Lennon saying we didn’t need another striker then throws in a laddie with no first team experience.

bigwheel
01-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Why did we bring in Hyndman, but them play Whittaker in midfield??

Time to retire Stephen.

What a post. He was MoM last time out..ok. We got beat - but come on.....

Roxyhibee
01-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Can anyone at the game tell me how MacLaren performed today - as in off the ball running, getting into positions etc.? Did he look fit enough.? Did he get service..?

Spike Mandela
01-09-2018, 04:16 PM
We have definitely lost McGinns drive & determination, I think that was always going to be a problem as we don’t have anyone to take the bull by the horns.

We might get him back, Villa got pumped 4-1 today and he was subbed.:wink:

DTS
01-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Disgrace. Complete and utter disgrace! Worst performance under Lennon. Never looked like scoring(somehow we did). Balance in midfield totally wrong, MacLaren a passenger lewis allan done well first half but drifted. A complete and utter incompetent 48 hours by everyone associated with Hibernian football club other than the fans who travelled in huge numbers

Heisenberg
01-09-2018, 04:17 PM

It’s true. He’s been mostly dreadful when playing in midfield. We’ve gone from McGeough in that position to Whittaker. Massive downgrade. Got to hope Milligan is the saviour.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2018, 04:18 PM
missing a whole spine of the team at the moment, (DM, MB, FK) which is huge, especially for a battle like today.

Have been so used to us playing well almost every week, such a scunner today to see us so inept in every department.

No leaders on the park at all today. Thankfully we have a few, need them back ASAP.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Just knew there would be one,take a bow ya walloper.

good one

B.H.F.C
01-09-2018, 04:19 PM
Second half was an utter disgrace.

There was a point in the second half that I had no idea who was meant to be playing where.

itslegaltender
That was Fenlonesque . Utter garbage. Defence shaky, midfield non existent and toothless up front.

Allant1981
Nobody is saying we "should be winning every single week". But in terms of the size of our club, we are the Tottenham/Liverpool of our league and we just lost to Huddersfield.

and man utd got beaten last week off brighton

bigwheel
It’s true. He’s been mostly dreadful when playing in midfield. We’ve gone from McGeough in that position to Whittaker. Massive downgrade. Got to hope Milligan is the saviour.

He was good enough last week - and yes we have signed a replacement , so he is a squad player - but suggesting retirement is just knee jerk nonsense

500miles
01-09-2018, 04:20 PM

He's not suited to games where the opposition hey physical and press hard. He'll be useful when we're given a bit more time on the ball. Horses for courses.

ozwoody
Wonder if there are rumblings of unrest going on, as this was not even a bad performance this was a pretty lackluster performance, just a thought after the close of the transfer windie.

Possibly, i have no idea of whats going on.
I just know that the team put out today showed a lack of fight against a team we should really be beating every day of the week but we seemed not to have the hunger or drive to push on
Both Livingston's goals were due to a player who was prepared to fight and tackle, something we were far from competing with

Dazzjw1875
Just back honest assessment 1st half poor never created much 2nd half we were bullied on and off the ball and midfield battle was lost out midfield after goal was non existant, Whittaker had another sloppy game and defence was dreadful! But hey ho onward to the killie game.!

hhibs
Disgrace. Complete and utter disgrace! Worst performance under Lennon. Never looked like scoring(somehow we did). Balance in midfield totally wrong, MacLaren a passenger lewis allan done well first half but drifted. A complete and utter incompetent 48 hours by everyone associated with Hibernian football club other than the fans who travelled in huge numbers

Unfortunately all too true

paul_hfc3
01-09-2018, 04:21 PM

I think Mallen looks a really good player for us. I hope I am right

Thegreenside
01-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Just back honest assessment 1st half poor never created much 2nd half we were bullied on and off the ball and midfield battle was lost out midfield after goal was non existant, Whittaker had another sloppy game and defence was dreadful! But hey ho onward to the killie game.!

Will lose the majority of midfield battles. Good footballers but not enough physicality

Callum_62
01-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Whittaker was probably our best player, and thats not a compliment

Fife-Hibee
01-09-2018, 04:23 PM
and man utd got beaten last week off brighton

and just got thumped 3-0 on their own patch by Tottenham. Wonder if they had members on their main forum last week accusing other fans of wetting the bed.

Lendo

You are correct, and once I am less pissed off I will probably change my opinion.

heretoday
Suddenly we're rubbish.

Allant1981
Will lose the majority of midfield battles. Good footballers but not enough physicality

hopefully milligan coming in and bartley when fit again sorts that, most of our midfielders are ball players, as shown today

SeanWilson
I think Mallen looks a really good player for us. I hope I am right

I was sat right behind Lenny today, he certainly didn't think so...

Being taken to the point of resorting to long ball football against livi is absolutely pathetic.

Diclonius
01-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Be interesting to see what Lennon says.

SeanWilson
01-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Whittaker was probably out best player, and thats not a compliment

😂😂🙄

Ozyhibby
01-09-2018, 04:25 PM

He was not man of the match last week. His performance was very average but because there were no calamities it has grown through the week into world class performance on here.
He should be no where near a Hibs first team.

neil7908
We are developing a nasty habit of not keeping clean sheets and failing to score enough goals. Losing 5 to the Faroe team, 3 to Molde, 2 to Ross County and 2 today is not good enough.

We do have players to come in that will improve us but we are leaking far too many goals. We got away with it second half of last season as we were scoring for fun but I don't think that'll be the case this year. Talk of relegation form is ridiculous but right now we're looking like a mid table team. And that would be so disappointing after last season.

delbert

Now now, you aren’t allowed to criticise unless you’re willing to admit you are just a bed wetter and everything is actually ok, it’s all part of the plan. Well I have a set of eyes and we are a substantially weaker side, defenders who can’t defend and forwards who have in the main forgotten how to score but more worryingly, disjointed and lacking creativity. I simply cannot believe that at any point yesterday, our manager looked at our squad as a whole and thought, ‘Yeh, that’ll do’ I’m away to change my sheets!!

SteveHFC
Whittaker was probably out best player, and thats not a compliment

I’ll have what you’re having.

Lendo
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Be interesting to see what Lennon says.

Hoping he doesn’t throw the toys out the pram and threaten to quit like after the SC game last season.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM

Being taken to the point of resorting to long ball football against livi is absolutely pathetic.

lennon certainly didnt look a happy chappy most of the game, thought he was going to explode when horgan was tackled in the box

madhatter
01-09-2018, 04:28 PM
That's way too simplistic mate, as the Board and the financial gurus on here would be quick to tell you.

My worry now is that Leeann seems to have gone very quiet of late, and for someone who's a good communicator and very effusive person when you meet and chat with her, that's not a good sign.

Maybe my imagination, but I don't think so. Just hope Petrie and his yes men aren't wearing her down.

I honestly thought we could kick on and be an outside bet for the League with her and Lennon at the helm, but I have my doubts now.

That's where I am. The club and the situation is not nearly the same as before Leeann came in but I do get the feeling of it slipping back into the same "we have a plan" and not really executing it. The limping from season to season with loans (not loans to augment the team, loans to be first team players). Clear signs of lack of progression planning, we all knew McGeouch (and even McGinn) were going and yet, barring Mallan, it seemed to be a "ehm...who do we get?" situation.

Something is wrong when Hearts (closest team to us in terms of size) have got just about as many midfielders as we have defenders and midfielders. This argument on "quality" as well seems to be getting thrown about, you'd honestly think we finished 2nd last year and reached the group stages of Europe this year. We challenged for 2nd to a degree but we were always chasing rather than leading, Rangers have strengthened a lot and yet we are going for a minimalistic approach. FoH helps Hearts but they were paying for the stand at the same time while paying big wages to players like Martin...so they've leaked a lot of cash, so I can't understand how they can spend so much more than us...

I won't know because it is internal affairs and won't be made public (full details) but I think we may be slipping back into old ways - Petrie's mismanagement era.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2018, 04:28 PM

We didn't even go long ball, that would've been the tactic to employ, despite our lack of personnel to do it. Livi suffocated us completely, and we kept passing ourselves into blind alleys in our own half - when we could get on the ball at all.

Snatches from second balls were our only chance of success, given how poor we were.

Joe6-2
01-09-2018, 04:29 PM

Do you really blame them?

Jim44
01-09-2018, 04:29 PM
That was absolutely shocking. The defending for both goals was terrible. Easily the worst I’ve seen us play under Lennon. 1 win since McGinn left.

:agree: in a nutshell. He was the catalyst that made us tick and we’ve got a job on our hands to somehow replace his influence on the team.

bodhibs
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Do you really blame them?

Yes, for what it's worth I think there's some serious overreacting going on. Rank performance and result but I'm confident with what we have. As happy clapping as that may sound

SeanWilson
We didn't even go long ball, that would've been the tactic to employ, despite our lack of personnel to do it. Livi suffocated us completely, and we kept passing ourselves into blind alleys in our own half - when we could get on the ball at all.

Snatches from second balls were our only chance of success, given how poor we were.

I mean the last 10 mins or so... Ball to Hanlon... Hoof... Bounce off someone couple of loose balls... Ball to Hanlon... Hoof. Pathetic.

erin go bragh
Top flight football should be played on grass . Utter disgrace of a pitch .
Makes our league look amateurish. Now I’ll leave this MB as the bed wetters are out in force :na na:

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
good one

So pleased you are pleased.

DTS
01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Now now, you aren’t allowed to criticise unless you’re willing to admit you are just a bed wetter and everything is actually ok, it’s all part of the plan. Well I have a set of eyes and we are a substantially weaker side, defenders who can’t defend and forwards who have in the main forgotten how to score but more worryingly, disjointed and lacking creativity. I simply cannot believe that at any point yesterday, our manager looked at our squad as a whole and thought, ‘Yeh, that’ll do’ I’m away to change my sheets!!

I was firmly in the “happy clapper” bregade until 3pm today, I even scribbled our a list of players across every position in the squad this morning defending the lack of signings yesterday. All today done was prove me wrong. Utter shambolic performance from the team and from Lennon

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
So pleased you are pleased.

yip, when folk like you come on it gives me a laugh

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Top flight football should be played on grass . Utter disgrace of a pitch .
Makes our league look amateurish. Now I’ll leave this MB as the bed wetters are out in force :na na:

the pitch was horrendous, the ball didnt seem to bounce properly

Scotty Leither
01-09-2018, 04:37 PM
That's where I am. The club and the situation is not nearly the same as before Leeann came in but I do get the feeling of it slipping back into the same "we have a plan" and not really executing it. The limping from season to season with loans (not loans to augment the team, loans to be first team players). Clear signs of lack of progression planning, we all knew McGeouch (and even McGinn) were going and yet, barring Mallan, it seemed to be a "ehm...who do we get?" situation.

Something is wrong when Hearts (closest team to us in terms of size) have got just about as many midfielders as we have defenders and midfielders. This argument on "quality" as well seems to be getting thrown about, you'd honestly think we finished 2nd last year and reached the group stages of Europe this year. We challenged for 2nd to a degree but we were always chasing rather than leading, Rangers have strengthened a lot and yet we are going for a minimalistic approach. FoH helps Hearts but they were paying for the stand at the same time while paying big wages to players like Martin...so they've leaked a lot of cash, so I can't understand how they can spend so much more than us...

I won't know because it is internal affairs and won't be made public (full details) but I think we may be slipping back into old ways - Petrie's mismanagement era.

You'll never know, because the veil of omerta is thrown over Easter Road whenever a bit of flak comes their way.

I've never encountered an organisation as hung up and prissy as the Board at Easter Road.

I'd actually have more time for them if they were more bullish, even with the chippy elements of the fan base but they seem to prefer anonymity as their default setting.

You'll never get an answer to any valid points raised on here and elsewhere either, which just adds to the frustration.

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Yep,many of us have been here before and the very mention of Petrie gives me the shivers,

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:43 PM
yip, when folk like you come on it gives me a laugh

Folk like me, hmm,your a pleasant sole are you not.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Meltdown central.

Lago
Unfortunately I have to agree with everything you say. Hibs lack physicality on the pitch, they lack a leaders & they lack a depth of squad. Our main striker injured & we have to fall back on 2 promising young development forwards as cover, that says it all for me. Our dominant centre half injured & we rely on a promising young development player, again that says it all to me.
Unlike some I don't think it has been a good window & interestingly since the famous " best budget ever " statement all has been very quiet on that front.

Allant1981
Folk like me hmm,your a pleasant sole are you not.

saying the person that called me a walloper

Chorley Hibee
01-09-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm prepared for the "bed wetter" comments, but Whittaker in midfield and Lewis Allan as striker shows we are way off in terms of - not just last season, but any intention of fighting it out for 2nd/3rd place.

Utterly woeful today, and possibly the worst performance I've seen in the last 2/3 years.

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:46 PM
saying the person that called me a walloper

it is a term of endearment compared to effectively calling me a liar/

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm prepared for the "bed wetter" comments, but Whittaker in midfield and Lewis Allan as striker shows we are way off in terms of - not just last season, but any intention of fighting it out for 2nd/3rd place.

Utterly woeful today, and possibly the worst performance I've seen in the last 2/3 years.

thing is though, there was absolutely no need for lennon to start allan, shaw or boyle could have played up front like previous games

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:48 PM
it is a term of endearment compared to effectively calling me a liar/

well if the cap fits

Northernhibee
01-09-2018, 04:51 PM
well if the cap fits

Give it a ****ing rest you two. This board is brutal.

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:51 PM
well if the cap fits

Yep, you really are a piece of work.

Chorley Hibee
01-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Exactly how I feel mate, we've been presented an almost unique opportunity to take this club forward (Scottish Cup win, season ticket sales, income etc) but yet again we seem to be sliding into acceptable mediocrity.

Call me a bed wetter all you like, but we'll not be selling circa 14k season tickets on the back of that today, or our current recruitment.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Get a room.

hhibs
01-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Give it a ****ing rest you two. This board is brutal.

OK ,you have a point.

madhatter
01-09-2018, 04:54 PM
thing is though, there was absolutely no need for lennon to start allan, shaw or boyle could have played up front like previous games

Shaw being a youngster and Boyle meaning a possible change in shape, or at least moving Boyle away from where he plays best. Sounds like we've got quality and quantity right enough...

I agree that Allan needn't have been played but your suggestion on what we could have done differently is to play another youngster or move our right winger up top, its really just getting down to semantics, once you strip it all away the only conclusion is our squad is too small. Kamberi and Maclaren being the only senior strikers we have is mindboggling tbh.

matty_f
01-09-2018, 04:54 PM

I might be misreading the signs here, but something tells me you don't like the board very much.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Shaw being a youngster and Boyle meaning a possible change in shape, or at least moving Boyle away from where he plays best. Sounds like we've got quality and quantity right enough...

I agree that Allan needn't have been played but your suggestion on what we could have done differently is to play another youngster or move our right winger up top, its really just getting down to semantics, once you strip it all away the only conclusion is our squad is too small. Kamberi and Maclaren being the only senior strikers we have is mindboggling tbh.

true i suppose but if you are going to start one of them surely its shaw who has been playing already this season, very strange move

madhatter
01-09-2018, 05:01 PM
true i suppose but if you are going to start one of them surely its shaw who has been playing already this season, very strange move

Agreed but do we know Shaw didn't have a knock? If he didn't, manager needs to take some of the blame. However, Shaw shouldn't be viewed as a first team player (starter). He should be on the bench and brought on when we are winning.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Agreed but do we know Shaw didn't have a knock? If he didn't, manager needs to take some of the blame. However, Shaw shouldn't be viewed as a first team player (starter). He should be on the bench and brought on when we are winning.

yip i agree he shouldnt be a starter but unfortunately thats where we are just now, maybe get a striker in on a free

Nakedmanoncrack
01-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Exactly how I feel mate, we've been presented an almost unique opportunity to take this club forward (Scottish Cup win, season ticket sales, income etc) but yet again we seem to be sliding into acceptable mediocrity.

Call me a bed wetter all you like, but we'll not be selling circa 14k season tickets on the back of that today, or our current recruitment.

I've been as fierce a critic of the accepting of years mediocrity, that almost inevitably led to relegation. But it's too early say we are going back to those days.

IWasThere2016
01-09-2018, 05:05 PM
We need(ed) Scott Allan. No doubt.

Scotty Leither
01-09-2018, 05:06 PM
I might be misreading the signs here, but something tells me you don't like the board very much.

No I don't - Leeann excepted. indeed I shudder to think where we would've been had she not accepted the post.

I worked in financial services as a mortgage adviser for 13 years and I rapped it 18 months ago after becoming sick of the constant atmosphere of change brought about by faceless accountants obsessed by the bottom line...

the parallel i'm drawing is that we've been on the cusp of really kicking on a few times in the last few years/decade but the Board at Easter Road (which has had its share of accountants down the years) have reverted to type and bottled it in terms of moving us up another gear or two.

The latest transfer window has all the hallmarks of that (and that's even before today's result which has just capped off a really crappy week), and the fact they never put themselves above the parapet and counter the criticisms once in a while doesn't help their case either.

Greenbeard
01-09-2018, 05:20 PM
But Shaw was v quiet last week and his head looked to be down, whereas all the reports suggest Allan has been doing very well, so can understand him getting the nod. Didn't see the game but Mikey Stewart said on Open All Mics that Allan had a decent first half. Was he talking p*sh?

basehibby
01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Our defending at the end of last season was a shambles. We’ve not done anything to rectify it and are now weaker in the midfield so aren’t creating or scoring as many to make up for the pish defending.

We had a half decent window but the fact that we’ve got Whittaker playing central midfield at this stage is so poor. Milligan has to have a work permit sorted and be fit to play by the time the break is over. We’ve got a lot relying on him being a key player this season.

This - the window was half decent in re-signing Kamberi and McLaren and recruiting two very decent midfielders in Mallan and Horgan. That said we definitely look weaker than last season missing the industry, dig and ball retention skills of McGinn and McGeough and the incisive creativity of Scott Allan.

We can hope that Mallan and Horgan's attacking prowess can somehow compensate for Allan's incisiveness, and if Milligan is a success then we will hopefully have compensated for the loss of the the two Mcs to some degree. In other words we are still waiting on a work permit to see if we have more or less stood still, never mind moving forward. (Nae pressure Spike!).

There's a lot of to and fro arguing about bed-wetting and so on in this thread. My take is that after a result like this - the day after a closing day to the window where we failed to further strengthen when we clearly need to - it is right to ask questions. I think we've got a great manager in place in Lennon and he's backed up by a great backroom team, but I would be surprised if they themselves were all that satisfied with what has added up to a mediocre transfer window. It'll be a tough start to the season I think and we will end up looking forward to the mid-term break in the hope that further signings can be made to get us back to where we were at the end of the last.