PDA

View Full Version : Allan Starts

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Strange one but good luck Lewis

Stuart93
01-09-2018, 01:02 PM

Shaw left on the bench and L Allan starting, very very strange considering he's not really done much of note recently?

oneone73
01-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Maybe Lennon thinks he's a better foil for Jamie than Oli is.

BoomtownHibees
Shaw left on the bench and L Allan starting, very very strange considering he's not really done much of note recently?

Only thing I can think is it gives us a bit more presence up top

The Tubs
Good. Watching the game last week, I thought he should have been playing given the difficulty Shaw had playing up front alone. He's got a new contract so someone must think he's near the first team, when you take into account the age he is.

Stuart93
01-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Only thing I can think is it gives us a bit more presence up top

Suppose we'll find out, really hope the lad has a good game

Stevie Reid
01-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Makes sense, Livi are huge at the back, and Maclaren needs a battering ram to play off.

AugustaHibs
01-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Seems like a dig at the board from lennon

overdrive
01-09-2018, 01:06 PM

He seems to bang them in for the development team.

BILLYHIBS
Scott Allan?

Stuart93
Didn't he struggle to hold down a place in the starting 11 for Edinburgh city least season??

SteveHFC

That’s what I’m thinking myself.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Is it showing up that we are short of a striker? All for giving our own players a start though.

makaveli1875
01-09-2018, 01:08 PM
whats the line up ?

oneone73
No SDG either. Maybe not being risked on that pitch?

Brightside
That’s what I’m thinking myself.

Hahahaha you aren’t really thinking that are you?

FifeHibs
Starting X| Bogdan, Hanlon, Porteous, Ambrose, Whittaker, Stevenson, Boyle, Mallan, Horgan, Allan, MacLaren

Subs - Laidlaw, Slivka, Agyepong, Hyndman, Shaw, Murray, Mackie

FifeHibs
01-09-2018, 01:09 PM
No SDG either. Maybe not being risked on that pitch?

He took a sore one last week at the edge of the box, went off not long after it

SirDavidsNapper
01-09-2018, 01:10 PM

He only has 3 strikers to pick from. Shaw had a poor game last week. I don't think it's a dig at the board at all.

Gregor
01-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Absolute unit of a lad, drops back and holds up the ball ; target man ... Does not score many, but is directlyinvolved in every goal scored by the dev team.

Deserves a start.

hibsquaker
01-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Absolute unit of a lad, drops back and holds up the ball ; target man ... Does not score many, but is directlyinvolved in every goal scored by the dev team.

Deserves a start.

The lad must be buzzing. Hopefully I will be too at 4:45pm

Eaststandee
01-09-2018, 01:13 PM

You can't actually believe that?

K.Marx
01-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Think it’s great he’s getting a chance. No point in having a development squad if we don’t give them some opportunities in the first team

overdrive
01-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Deserves a start.

Doesn’t score many? He seems to score pretty much every game recently and at the end of last season. I like him but I do think it is odd he hasn’t even been on the bench recently and all of a sudden he’s starting.

hibbyfraelibby

...or more likely recognition that some of the dev team are ready for the big team. Its not all about buying players in but developing them too. More likely a message to the youngsters that the step up is possible.

Jim44

I hope not. The last thing we need is internal strife. To use Allan as a pawn to make a point is petty and unprofessional IMO and unfair on the young lad.

B.H.F.C
01-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Think it’s great he’s getting a chance. No point in having a development squad if we don’t give them some opportunities in the first team

Allan is nearly 22 so a bit past the development squad.

I never thought he’d be near the first team. Hope he can prove me wrong today.

AugustaHibs
01-09-2018, 01:16 PM
You can't actually believe that?

Aye your right, I’m posting it for a laugh..

hibbyfraelibby
01-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Doesn’t score many? He seems to score pretty much every game recently and at the end of last season. I like him but I do think it is odd he hasn’t even been on the bench recently and all of a sudden he’s starting.

Swanson was stuck to the spare seat on the bench. Now hes gone theres room

Golden Bear
01-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Stick in Lewis. You show them.

:thumbsup:

Brightside
01-09-2018, 01:18 PM
It’s an astounding turn around in Lewis career tbh. He was expected to move on last season but it shows what you can do if you get your head down and work hard.

Real Emerald
01-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Really hope this works out and he has a good game. I’d much rather Lennon goes with this lad than taking Boyle off the wing. Good luck Lewis 👍

Eaststandee
01-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Aye your right, I’m posting it for a laugh..

Glad to hear it, didn't think someone could be that daft :wink:

Tug Wilson
As we didn't sign another striker then we have to promote from within.

Away to Livingston seems a decent game to give Lewis Allan a chance.

Kamberi back after international break so full complement of 4 strikers for the season. Or at least until January.

J-C
Got a good record for the Dev team and recently came back from a pretty bad injury, good luck to the lad, maybe the reason Lennon wasnt fussed about another striker.

adhibs
Starting X| Bogdan, Hanlon, Porteous, Ambrose, Whittaker, Stevenson, Boyle, Mallan, Horgan, Allan, MacLaren

Subs - Laidlaw, Slivka, Agyepong, Hyndman, Shaw, Murray, Mackie

what do people think the formation of that is? Possibly 442 with whittaker right back, hanlon in midfield, two wingers and 2 strikers?

spudhib
01-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Actually had this convo with my mate last week about Allan chuffed he’s in and should be a good foil for Jamie Mac.

J-C
01-09-2018, 01:21 PM
As we didn't sign another striker then we have to promote from within.

Away to Livingston seems a decent game to give Lewis Allan a chance.

Kamberi back after international break so full complement of 4 strikers for the season. Or at least until January.

Seen Kamberi in George St Thursday during the day, not limping, seemed to be walking freely enough.

spudhib
01-09-2018, 01:21 PM
what do people think the formation of that is? Possibly 442 with whittaker right back, hanlon in midfield, two wingers and 2 strikers?

It’ll be 352 which as we seen last week can be altered as the game progresses

houstonhibbee
01-09-2018, 01:22 PM
No
3 5 2 with Boyle and Stevenson as wing backs

Diclonius
01-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Is Allan a target man?

adhibs
It’ll be 352 which as we seen last week can be altered as the game progresses

Makes sense! Completely forgot Boyle can play wing back after he's featured up front so often this season.

Stevie Reid

Aye. Shrinking violets like Lennon usually use such convoluted methods to get their messages across to people.

Definitely seems the sort of manager to deliberately play a weakened team, and potentially drop vital points, to get across a subliminal message.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Must be a dig at the board. Can't possibly be a young lad who has worked like **** after returning from a bad injury to get a new contract and a first team chance.

Brightside
01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Hanlon midfield?!

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Pmsl:greengrin.....hes playing because lennon thinks his work in training and playing for the development team merits a starting place

Mainstandman
01-09-2018, 01:28 PM

Yes thats the only logical conclusion, or he could be just doing well in training :wink:

ACLeith
01-09-2018, 01:30 PM

8 of the 18 are home grown 4 starting 4 on the bench

Hibee Mac
01-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Good luck to him! Fingers crossed we begin to unearth yet another promising young talent to the first team.

Lennon has done a good job of easing the youth into the team the last few years

Gregor
01-09-2018, 01:33 PM
...or more likely recognition that some of the dev team are ready for the big team. Its not all about buying players in but developing them too. More likely a message to the youngsters that the step up is possible.

He was ready when he debuted a few seasons ago prior to needing back surgery. Now he's come back a different shape and a different type of player. His role in the Dev squad is more "false nine" as goals seem to come from all over the park.

He also spent a season at Livvy so would know plenty about the opposition. It's a decent chance for him to make a claim for a spot in the match day squad.

Nevi_SOL
01-09-2018, 01:33 PM

Deserves a start.

This 100%. He also knows he has to take his chance now as well, good move by Lennon

04Sauzee
01-09-2018, 01:35 PM
8 of the 18 are home grown 4 starting 4 on the bench

Is it 5 starting if you include Whittaker?

Lemonade
01-09-2018, 01:37 PM
It’s an astounding turn around in Lewis career tbh. He was expected to move on last season but it shows what you can do if you get your head down and work hard.
Really hope he stakes a claim today. I love stories like this.

Bishop Hibee
01-09-2018, 01:40 PM
I’m a fan of Shaw but I thought he was disappointing v the Dons. Good luck Lewis.

bingo70
01-09-2018, 01:41 PM

Was he not released a few years back but he offered to stay on for free to prove himself in preseason or something like that.

Sure I remember a story about his parents having to drive him from Hawick every day or something?

ACLeith
01-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Is it 5 starting if you include Whittaker?

Oops! I had counted him just can't count to 5 these days 😱
But not many clubs at our level can boast that amount of home grown talent

04Sauzee
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Oops! I had counted him just can't count to 5 these days 😱
But not many clubs at our level can boast that amount of home grown talent

Spot on and with a few more hopefully to break through this season or next

Leith Green
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Good to see us promoting our own youngsters. Far rather this than signing other teams loan players

Smartie
01-09-2018, 01:47 PM
There's always something special about seeing one of our youngsters get an opportunity.

He'll be champing at the bit to make an impression too.

I'm happy with this, and he has a solid team around him.

We've got a bit of pace in the team, and he'll bring a physical presence.

I'm happy enough tbh, although if we don't get a result today then questions will be asked.

Allan's not exactly been chucked into a meaningless game - there's a bit of pressure on his young shoulders.

makaveli1875
01-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Good to see us promoting our own youngsters. Far rather this than signing other teams loan players

This

Hope the lad takes the chance , good luck Lewis :flag:

biscuitersed75
01-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Long overdue opportunity for Lewis who has been working hard towards this. If he plays as he can, he'll stand up to the Livi big guys and hold the ball up. On his day he's more effective at this than Olly Shaw. He's also well capable of sticking the ball in the net. Hope he has a stormer, good luck big fellah.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibee316
01-09-2018, 01:51 PM

That is literally the most bizarre and ridiculous post I have ever read on here.

Well done :)

Hi Heid Yin
01-09-2018, 01:52 PM
It's sad to read posts from those intent on spreading the word that there is some sort of rift between Neil Lennon and the board.
I'm guessing that these destructive posts stem from disappointment in our transfer dealings - ie: no Scott Allan.
I actually find it infuriating that there are those fellow Hibbies out there prepared to undermine the feel-good factor that has surrounded our club these past few seasons.
Leeann Dempster has been absolutely brilliant, up front, honest and a breath of fresh air since her arrival.
She is commited to ensuring that our club does everything possible to cement our place in the top 4 clubs in the SPL.
She is shrewd, diligent, sharp and 100% behind Neil Lennon - as is the entire board.
This board has released major funds at every opportunity and without hesitation to secure the "quality" signings required by Neil Lennon.
All I can say to those intent on "stirring" is think before you post and maybe hold back from posting "negative and without foundation" posts and give our new arrivals time to show what they can do collectively.
Give Neil Lennon also a bit of leeway. He is trying to find the right blend and shape at this point.
One defeat to a foreign opponent whose season was up and running tells me that he is doing a great job and that we have another exciting and hopefully successful (silverware) season ahead of us to look forward to.

hfc rd
01-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Hope he has a great game.

MacGruber
01-09-2018, 01:54 PM
It's sad to read posts from those intent on spreading the word that there is some sort of rift between Neil Lennon and the board.
I'm guessing that these destructive posts stem from disappointment in our transfer dealings - ie: no Scott Allan.
I actually find it infuriating that there are those fellow Hibbies out there prepared to undermine the feel-good factor that has surrounded our club these past few seasons.
Leeann Dempster has been absolutely brilliant, up front, honest and a breath of fresh air since her arrival.
She is commited to ensuring that our club does everything possible to cement our place in the top 4 clubs in the SPL.
She is shrewd, diligent, sharp and 100% behind Neil Lennon - as is the entire board.
This board has released major funds at every opportunity and without hesitation to secure the "quality" signings required by Neil Lennon.
All I can say to those intent on "stirring" is think before you post and maybe hold back from posting "negative and without foundation" posts and give our new arrivals time to show what they can do collectively.
Give Neil Lennon also a bit of leeway. He is trying to find the right blend and shape at this point.
One defeat to a foreign opponent whose season was up and running tells me that he is doing a great job and that we have another exciting and hopefully successful (silverware) season ahead of us to look forward to.

Agreed. Good luck Lewis.
Does look a bit strange though you have to admit. Sure the reasons are footballing though

Golden Bear
01-09-2018, 01:55 PM

Excellent post.

oconnors_strip
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
good luck Lewis! Hope he shows how well he has done recently and got in to Lennon’s plans

CockneyRebel
01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Allan is nearly 22 so a bit past the development squad.

I never thought he’d be near the first team. Hope he can prove me wrong today.

Had a bad injury which kept him out for good while and not been back that long (read an interview a few weeks ago on the fishy site) but he has come back in style apparently.

biscuitersed75
01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Agreed. Good luck Lewis.
Does look a bit strange though you have to admit. Sure the reasons are footballing thoughThere's nothing strange about it. Lewis has been knocking on the door since he signed again at the end of last season. Was on the bench for the Killie and Sevco games. His physical presence will serve us well against this big Livi team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
01-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Seriously? lol........:doh:

Ronniekirk
01-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Many thought he would be released this Season but Lennon gave him a years extension to his contract so obviously sees something in him No point in him just being in Development Squad If he is doing well there , he needs first Team football to see how he does Big opportunity and hope he does well

Sioux
01-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Agreed. Good luck Lewis.
Does look a bit strange though you have to admit. Sure the reasons are footballing though

Only if you want it to be and want to use it as ammunition.

There's few idiots that fall into that category.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 02:10 PM

:top marks

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Just to be clear - you're suggesting Lennon has gone with a team he didn't think was the best option to win the game in order to have a spat with the board?

Even setting aside the lack of professionalism and fact it would be shooting yourself in the foot there's the fact that NL has never struck me as the kind of guy who would shy away from an in your face confrontation in favour of sending a cryptic message.

C Feeney-Seale
01-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Best post I’ve read today by far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk