PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed. He's a good player, we all know that, but we have enough forward thinking players who will score goals and create chances for our forwards.

Mallan will score more goals than any midfielder in years, and Horgan will chip in with 8-10 goals too.

Things are still very good at Hibs, and January is not far away either, where we will strengthen again.

:hibees

J-C
01-09-2018, 11:56 AM
I wanted Allan but wasn't desperate for him to come, we have good options and our strongest 11 is a good as any when they're up and running

iwasthere1972
Do you have the winning lottery numbers for tonight?

lord bunberry
Get wee Fraser Murray in there as well and we’re still a more than decent team.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2018, 11:57 AM
I wanted Allan but wasn't desperate for him to come, we have good options and our strongest 11 is a good as any when they're up and running

:agree: loads of midfielders in the squad already. Would’ve been happy to sign him but I think other positions were a higher priority.

Real Emerald
01-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed. He's a good player, we all know that, but we have enough forward thinking players who will score goals and create chances for our forwards.

Mallan will score more goals than any midfielder in years, and Horgan will chip in with 8-10 goals too.

Things are still very good at Hibs, and January is not far away either, where we will strengthen again.

I agree but only if we can keep clear of injuries in the key areas where we're short on numbers otherwise we'll struggle. Fingers crossed eh!

Lago
01-09-2018, 12:00 PM

We will definately have recruit in Jan. no doubt in my mind at all.

Vini1875
01-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Agreed. I think Horgan and Mallan will score goals and Horgan looks like he might just be a very creative player. For me Scott Allan would have been the icing on the cake.

GreenArmyyy!
01-09-2018, 12:05 PM

Allan will be missed as he would easily have been the best midfielder and probably the best player in the squad.

villahibs
01-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Scott Allan would be Hibs best player right now. Of course he’s a huge miss! I’d imagine Lennon would’ve played the team entirely around him.

FitbaFolkKen
01-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Agreed, pint half full here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beefster
01-09-2018, 12:15 PM

14, 18, 23, 42, 49, 52. Bonus is 12.

Nevi_SOL
01-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Fans need to remember as well we are unbeaten competitively in Scotland this this season , which includes the team who finished, second last year, a team who reached both cup finals last season and very good teams in Asteras and molde.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 12:28 PM

Yip, but i'm not sharing them. :wink:

B.H.F.C
01-09-2018, 12:28 PM
I agree but only if we can keep clear of injuries in the key areas where we're short on numbers otherwise we'll struggle. Fingers crossed eh!

We’ve already had injuries and remain unbeaten.

Could argue that what will turn out to be the backbone of our team haven’t started a league game in Marciano, McGregor, Milligan and Kamberi.

Other players still getting up to speed.

I don’t think we’ll be as short in November as we have been at the start of the season.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 12:30 PM
We’ve already had injuries and remain unbeaten.

Could argue that what will turn out to be the backbone of our team haven’t started a league game in Marciano, McGregor, Milligan and Kamberi.

Other players still getting up to speed.

I don’t think we’ll be as short in November as we have been at the start of the season.

:agree:
We've been very short earlier, but we've recruited well and have cover all over the park.

Lemonade
01-09-2018, 12:33 PM
It would have been nice to get him but I'm not too troubled that we didn't.

Mikey09
01-09-2018, 12:39 PM

We wont miss Scott Allan?! We'll see.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2018, 12:39 PM
If the stories are true and he put off interest from abroad waiting on HIBS he must be sitting in his hoose just now raging 😤 He can console himself with his wages but disnae beat playing week in week out. I hope he disnae cancel his HSL subscription. I don’t suppose the full story will ever come out :confused:

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2018, 12:53 PM

:hibeesGood post BH I was really disappointed that we never added anyone yesterday but your right...onwards and upwards and Jan is but 4 months away...this squad barring really bad luck with injuries should be good enough to have us in top 3 or 4 contention by then...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GreenOnions
01-09-2018, 01:03 PM
For me the good news is that we have more attacking/final third midfield options now than we did before Scott joined us last January so our need is not as great as it was then.

The disappointment is that I love watching him play for us and, especially in tight games, he is the one who just has that little bit extra quality in terms of the final ball.

I'd love to see us resurrect this in January if possible - especially as Hyndman may well leave then.

Until then - I'm confident we have a strong squad and that our summer recruitment looks very promising.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Thanks Beefster:aok:

Nicho87
01-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Allan would start every game for Hibs and would have started every game for us this season. Hope we get it done in January. Think he finally gets Hibs and realises we are good for him and vice versa. Gutted he ain’t here just now. IMO.

Hibs07p
01-09-2018, 02:53 PM

I think I’ll try 19 02 03 21 05 16 with bonus ball being 07.
GGTTH Scottish Cup Winners 2016

houstonhibbee
01-09-2018, 04:07 PM

still think Scott Allan won’t be missed?

Keith_M
01-09-2018, 04:13 PM
We wont miss Scott Allan?! We'll see.

I think we're seeing already.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 08:30 PM

We need a defensive midfielder much more than Scott Allan, in fact it wouldnt surprise me if Lennon played 352 with 2 defensive midfielders in Millagan and Bartley when fit.

Scott Allan is a good player, but its clear as the nose on your face we have a soft centre at the moment. No Kamberi Milligan or McGregor, when we are all fit i'm sure we will have a much better team and results to show.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2018, 08:35 PM

I don't believe Scott would have made much of a difference today. Our midfield lacked a strong tackler and that isn't Scott Allan. We were poor defensively and over run in midfield. Scott Allan wouldn't have altered that in my opinion

houstonhibbee
01-09-2018, 08:35 PM
We need a defensive midfielder much more than Scott Allan, in fact it wouldnt surprise me if Lennon played 352 with 2 defensive midfielders in Millagan and Bartley when fit.

Scott Allan is a good player, but its clear as the nose on your face we have a soft centre at the moment. No Kamberi Milligan or McGregor, when we are all fit i'm sure we will have a much better team and results to show.

That might get as some 0-0 draws but the goals have dried up as we're not creating chances

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2018, 08:37 PM

shoulda splashed the cash and signed Cadden from motherwell, he woulda slotted right into mcginns shoes :D milligan woulda covered dylan, horgan for barker, mallan for allen. midfield woulda been looking dazzling!

One player woulda made a huge difference to the feeling of the support and probably the performance today!

SideBurns
01-09-2018, 08:38 PM
I don't believe Scott would have made much of a difference today. Our midfield lacked a strong tackler and that isn't Scott Allan. We were poor defensively and over run in midfield. Scott Allan wouldn't have altered that in my opinion

Today we missed SJM - very badly. But he ain't coming back, so we need to hope Milligan is the man; the sooner we're able to find out one way or the other, the better.

whiskyhibby
01-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Completely agree, one bad result doesn’t make a season

:nlgwa

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 08:54 PM
That might get as some 0-0 draws but the goals have dried up as we're not creating chances

Horgan Mallan and Boyle will always create chances, and McLaren and Kamberi will score their fair share whatever formation we play.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Scott Allan would be Hibs best player right now. Of course he’s a huge miss! I’d imagine Lennon would’ve played the team entirely around him.

This tenfold. Easily be our best player. We're definitely going to miss him this season. Gutted.

calumhibee1
01-09-2018, 09:22 PM

Scott Allan would be our best player by a considerable distance. He’s missed enormously.

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Scott Allan would be our best player by a considerable distance. He’s missed enormously.

McGinn is the one we will miss. Its the only position on the park we failed to find a replacement for!

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Horgan Mallan and Boyle will always create chances, and McLaren and Kamberi will score their fair share whatever formation we play.

Unfortunately all three players combined don't have half the creativity or vision Allan does. And it's Flo, MacLaren and Shaw who will suffer for that.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2018, 09:32 PM
McGinn is the one we will miss. Its the only position on the park we failed to find a replacement for!

I honestly think we're missing McGeouch as much as McGinn.

He's the one who made us tick so often.

Both are wonderful footballers and two of the best midfielders in Scotland over the past three years. Any club would miss them at our level and it just isn't possible to replace quality like that very easily.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately all three players combined don't have half the creativity or vision Allan does. And it's Flo, MacLaren and Shaw who will suffer for that.

Unfortunately we cant afford Allan, so we have to go with what we have, and getting Kamberi Milligan and McGregor back, along with Marciano should make us stronger, and add in Bartley who i have a feeling we might see a lot of alongside Milligan, and we will have a more solid defence, which in turn will let those further forward do what they do best.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately we cant afford Allan, so we have to go with what we have, and getting Kamberi Milligan and McGregor back, along with Marciano should make us stronger, and add in Bartley who i have a feeling we might see a lot of alongside Milligan, and we will have a more solid defence, which in turn will let those further forward do what they do best.

100% agree that when we have our full squad fit it'll let our more forward thinking players to flourish. Without a doubt.

Don't agree that we couldn't afford Allan though. I know the TC rumour might have been nonsense etc but if we managed to get him on loan in January why on earth couldn't we have done at least the same now? I'd have him over anyone in our squad now.

Was watching Premier Sport earlier and they had the highlights of the 5-3 Killie game last season. Allan's passing that game was ridiculous! his assist for Flo, no one else is making that pass.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 09:47 PM
100% agree that when we have our full squad fit it'll let our more forward thinking players to flourish. Without a doubt.

Don't agree that we couldn't afford Allan though. I know the TC rumour might have been nonsense etc but if we managed to get him on loan in January why on earth couldn't we have done at least the same now? I'd have him over anyone in our squad now.

Was watching Premier Sport earlier and they had the highlights of the 5-3 Killie game last season. Allan's passing that game was ridiculous! his assist for Flo, no one else is making that pass.

Our management tried for him, but the deal fell through. Its obvious we could not agree terms, if we could, he'd be our players today?

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Our management tried for him, but the deal fell through. Its obvious we could not agree terms, if we could, he'd be our players today?

I know it's easy to hear "facts" after the window has closed.

But I've heard from a good few people now that a loan was agreed between his agent and the club but we pulled out.

Again, could be rumours growing arms and legs and it'll no doubt become "could have had Leigh for 150k" fact. But I've no reason to doubt the people who told me that. As much as I want to.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 09:57 PM
I know it's easy to hear "facts" after the window has closed.

But I've heard from a good few people now that a loan was agreed between his agent and the club but we pulled out.

Again, could be rumours growing arms and legs and it'll no doubt become "could have had Leigh for 150k" fact. But I've no reason to doubt the people who told me that. As much as I want to.

Go on, tell me why we pulled out?

Not In The Know
01-09-2018, 09:57 PM

well said.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 10:01 PM
Go on, tell me why we pulled out?

Weren't wearing any condoms.

I honestly don't know. Didn't ask my mate but you're right. Would be good to know why so I will, cause it doesn't make sense to me.

Don't think it's the same reason as the TC chat going about last night. Leanne surely has no say on payer recruitment right?

My best mates great Grandad used to be on the board so he still has connections and hears things from time to time. That's where I heard the Allan chat from. But I will question it.

Not In The Know
01-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Rumours say Allan was raging a deal was pulled at the last minute to come here.

just take a minute to think about that. There is no way LD would do this without serious consideration. The only explanation is it’s down to money and someone on the other end of the deal at the last minute tried to take the pi55. She stood firm.

Im happy with that. But would loved it if we signed him. 😉

DavieB
01-09-2018, 10:03 PM

Maybe we didn’t offer enough, 3 games in europe, record number of season ticket holders, money from SJM.......how much of that has been spent, not a lot I would think. Same old Hibs!!

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Maybe we didn’t offer enough, 3 games in europe, record number of season ticket holders, money from SJM.......how much of that has been spent, not a lot I would think. Same old Hibs!!

150k for Flo, a fee for Mallan and Horgan. I'd say we've spent a load of money compared to any other Scottish team outwith the uglies.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 10:08 PM

You are right, Dempster has made a cash covered sofa, and likes to sit on that rather than use it to make the team better.

jeffers
01-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Scott Allan won't be missed ?? As you like to use the word yourself that is absolute pish. If you were there today you would have seen our midfield created f all. And while I'm at it Milligan has never played a game for us so I don't know how you can say it will suddenly be strong once he is up and running.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Scott Allan won't be missed ?? As you like to use the word yourself that is absolute pish. If you were there today you would have seen our midfield created f all. And while I'm at it Milligan has never played a game for us so I don't know how you can say it will suddenly be strong once he is up and running.

Aye you are right, we're ****ed. Milligans sheite, McGregor will never be fit again, Kamberi and Bartley wont play for us again and Rocky wont come back from doing his national service.

Of course once everyone is fit and available, we will still be pish and pining over Scott Allan.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Aye you are right, we're ****ed. Milligans sheite, McGregor will never be fit again, Kamberi and Bartley wont play for us again and Rocky wont come back from doing his national service.

Of course once everyone is fit and available, we will still be pish and pining over Scott Allan.

That's not really the point though. Milligan might be great, Daz will obviously be fit again, Flo will no doubt be our top scorer and Bartley will be Bartley and boss the midfield in certain games.

None of the above changes the fact that we will without a doubt miss Allan though. And we honesty will be pining over him this season. Let's not forget he was an integral part of the midfield from January on wards. The most excited I've been about going to a Hibs game in over a decade.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 10:24 PM
That's not really the point though. Milligan might be great, Daz will obviously be fit again, Flo will no doubt be our top scorer and Bartley will be Bartley and boss the midfield in certain games.

None of the above changes the fact that we will without a doubt miss Allan though. And we honesty will be pining over him this season. Let's not forget he was an integral part of the midfield from January on wards. The most excited I've been about going to a Hibs game in over a decade.

I loved Scott Allan last season, having McGinn and McGeouch made it a little easier for him to weave his magic.

We need to wait until we have everyone up and running before we start slating this team, that really are just starting out as a team.

We have been short of players since the start of the season, through various events. Lets see just how much better we are with our better players fit and raring to go.

jeffers
01-09-2018, 10:25 PM

Great reply cos that's just what I said. Your point was that we wouldn't miss Allan - I've seen every game this season and we clearly are missing him.

I've no idea if Milligan will be any good I've never seen him in a Hibs jersey and neither have you. I do remember a player from Holland who was supposed to be a great signing and he had an impressive Youtube video too.

McGregor and Kamberi are a big loss but Bogdan is an able replacement for Marciano, if the latter had been playing we'd still have lost today.

J-C
01-09-2018, 10:26 PM

Unfortunately that midfield also consisted of Dylan and McGinn, both have not been replaced as such, Mallan is a decent replacement but nowhere near their quality. I'm still of the opinion we needed 2 maybe 3 signings, Allan, another midfield DM and a decent experienced striker. We have no idea if Milligan will work as he's not even here yet, Bartley is...well Bartley, an enforcer with little football ability and Shaw/L Allan are still rookies.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 10:26 PM
I loved Scott Allan last season, having McGinn and McGeouch made it a little easier for him to weave his magic.

We need to wait until we have everyone up and running before we start slating this team, that really are just starting out as a team.

We have been short of players since the start of the season, through various events. Lets see just how much better we are with our better players fit and raring to go.

Again 100% agree mate. I'm with you in that regard. Missing almost half a full strength team right now won't help and of course we're in it for the long haul.

Just wish we had Allan and his majestic hair along for the ride haha.

JohnM1875
01-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately that midfield also consisted of Dylan and McGinn, both have not been replaced as such, Mallan is a decent replacement but nowhere near their quality. I'm still of the opinion we needed 2 maybe 3 signings, Allan, another midfield DM and a decent experienced striker. We have no idea if Milligan will work as he's not even here yet, Bartley is...well Bartley, an enforcer with little football ability and Shaw/L Allan are still rookies.

I actually think in attack is where we're at our weakest. There is no way we should be relying on Shaw (who is going to be a player) and Allan to drag us out of situations like today.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2018, 10:38 PM
I actually think in attack is where we're at our weakest. There is no way we should be relying on Shaw (who is going to be a player) and Allan to drag us out of situations like today.

Defensively from a midfield point, we are poor. Nobody to put their foot in and tackle. Bartley and Milligan hopefully will do this.

Up front we have Kamberi to come back after the international break, another who we know will make a huge difference. Suddenly things are looking better, especially if Mallan and Horgan can go forward with more confidence that we have Bartley and Milligan sitting in behind them.

McGregor coming back gives us stability at the back, and we will have the partnership up front with McLaren too.

And this is without mentioning any of the others that will obviously find it easier with the others all back and fit.

Hi Heid Yin
02-09-2018, 12:23 AM

Sound reasoning and succinctly put.
:agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Was the one signing back at the start of the window that I was desperate to get done. I’m amazed there’s any Hibs fan who thinks we didn’t need him because we’re covered with other midfielders. Mental. He made us tick every bit as much as McGinn and McGeough. Sad times that we didn’t get a deal done [emoji29]

BlackSheep
02-09-2018, 09:36 AM
I know the board and management don’t like publicising what goes on behind closed doors, but I do really think an explanation is due to the fans on what has happened with Allan.

Regardless of what has happened, be it Allan wanting to try again at Celtic or money being a factor, or even just Celtic being awkward, I feel we need a bit of clarity, cos after yesterday’s performance it’s clear we need the spark he can produce in the team.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 09:42 AM
I know the board and management don’t like publicising what goes on behind closed doors, but I do really think an explanation is due to the fans on what has happened with Allan.

Regardless of what has happened, be it Allan wanting to try again at Celtic or money being a factor, or even just Celtic being awkward, I feel we need a bit of clarity, cos after yesterday’s performance it’s clear we need the spark he can produce in the team.

We need our injured players back, and when we are at full strength, then we should see performances more like we are used to.

And if you think the club are going to comment on transfers that didnt come off, you will wait a long time.

Dancehibs
02-09-2018, 09:44 AM

How can’t we afford Allan?

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Celtic wanted a price we were not prepared to pay, so we couldnt afford it.

jeffers
02-09-2018, 09:52 AM
We need our injured players back, and when we are at full strength, then we should see performances more like we are used to.

And if you think the club are going to comment on transfers that didnt come off, you will wait a long time.

I hope you are right, but even with the players to come back I still feel we have an imbalance in our squad, a lightweight, small midfield, 3 wingers and not one striker who is great at attacking the ball in the air. We should be better than our perfomance yesterday though, but it was a worry. To end up with the three wingers on the park, none of them seemingly clear what they were supposed to be doing with our defence hoofing the ball up to our young centre back was a joke.

You are spot on I don't expect any comment from the club re Scott Allan and tbh it wouldn't change things anyway.

jeffers
02-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Not the same thing though is it. There is a difference between being able to afford something and being willing to pay that price. We don't know what the figures being quoted were so we can't say if we were able to afford it.

02-09-2018, 10:01 AM

I imagine the question may be asked at the AGM if it hasn't come out before then. My guess is that Celtic moved the goalposts at the last minute.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Not the same thing though is it. There is a difference between being able to afford something and being willing to pay that price. We don't know what the figures being quoted were so we can't say if we were able to afford it.

I can guess, like everyone else on this, but im pretty sure if the deal was right for us and we could afford to bring him in, then we'd have done all we could to do so.

Scott Allan is a very good player, someone we the fans and obviously the club would do all they could to bring back.

Do you think Dempster just said, ah **** it, we dont need him?

Or do you think we tried, but just couldnt agree terms?

Keith_M
02-09-2018, 10:17 AM
BH, I bet you wish you hadn't decided to post a really positive thread like this one was intended to be, especially given the timing.

I personally think you jinxed yesterday's game.

:wink:

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2018, 10:18 AM

An explanation isn't due at all. It isn't even confirmed we were interested. What if we come out officially blaming Celtic? They won't do **** with us in future.

This stuff should always be kept behind doors.

Dancehibs
02-09-2018, 10:29 AM

You don’t know that. Hibs decided not to pay it. Nothing to do with can’t afford it. Accounts will show we can afford it. Someone said no. Big difference. Unless you are in petries inner cycling dealing with transfers. Your comments are your thoughts on this situation just like mine and other hibs fans

Eyrie
02-09-2018, 10:31 AM
You don’t know that. Hibs decided not to pay it. Nothing to do with can’t afford it. Accounts will show we can afford it. Someone said no. Big difference. Unless you are in petries inner cycling dealing with transfers. Your comments are your thoughts on this situation just like mine and other hibs fans
You don't have a clue whether the price Celtc wanted was affordable anymore than anyone else on here.

What if they wanted a transfer fee of £1m? Or wanted us to pay his £8k per week wages for a year's loan?

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 10:33 AM
BH, I bet you wish you hadn't decided to post a really positive thread like this one was intended to be, especially given the timing.

I personally think you jinxed yesterday's game.

:greengrin I maybe shouldnt have said we dont need him, of course he'd be a good addition to the squad, but what i was really meaning was there were other positions we needed to strengthen first before we needed him.

And having a better platform behind the likes of Horgan and Mallan will help them play better, along with having a fit Kamberi up front, has to be better for us.

When we have everyone fit, then we can judge how we are playing, Mallan needs to be playing further forward.

Comparing him to McGeouch is wrong, he's never that kind of player. Horgan is not a new McGinn either, but i do believe they can contribute goals when they have the balance of the team better.

Dancehibs
02-09-2018, 10:36 AM
You don't have a clue whether the price Celtc wanted was affordable anymore than anyone else on here.

What if they wanted a transfer fee of £1m? Or wanted us to pay his £8k per week wages for a year's loan?

Read my post and engage. What if your Aunty had baws. You seen Allan’s Celtic contract? As for me not having a clue. You have no clue what access l have to knowledge.

jeffers
02-09-2018, 10:37 AM
I can guess, like everyone else on this, but im pretty sure if the deal was right for us and we could afford to bring him in, then we'd have done all we could to do so.

Scott Allan is a very good player, someone we the fans and obviously the club would do all they could to bring back.

Do you think Dempster just said, ah **** it, we dont need him?

Or do you think we tried, but just couldnt agree terms?

If the manager wanted him on a permanent deal and she only wanted him on a loan as has been suggested then I'm not sure what her thought process was. I clearly don't know, it's speculation on my part, but all bar Milligan were signed before SJM left and while I'm sure we expected him to leave we didn't know that for sure nor what fee we would get for him. So my take is that the players we signed prior to SJM leaving were made without the need for his transfer fee. I would imagine we then went on to use part of that to sign Milligan, but I'd expect we still have a fair chunk of that fee available. My concern here is that we are back to the days of putting infrastructure ahead of the players on the park and we are diverting funds to the indoor arena.

I wanted SA back, I've never hidden my admiration for him as a player, but I'm not suggesting we break the bank for him. However I go back to my point, without knowing the figures involved we can't say we couldn't agree terms, just that we wouldn't. And there is a difference.

The other point is I don't believe we waited til deadline day to make a move. Brooster is usually spot on with his info and he posted we'd made an offer weeks ago, SA himself has supposedly told players he was returning, so to me suggests we had agreed a deal and the wages we would have paid him.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 11:18 AM
If the manager wanted him on a permanent deal and she only wanted him on a loan as has been suggested then I'm not sure what her thought process was. I clearly don't know, it's speculation on my part, but all bar Milligan were signed before SJM left and while I'm sure we expected him to leave we didn't know that for sure nor what fee we would get for him. So my take is that the players we signed prior to SJM leaving were made without the need for his transfer fee. I would imagine we then went on to use part of that to sign Milligan, but I'd expect we still have a fair chunk of that fee available. My concern here is that we are back to the days of putting infrastructure ahead of the players on the park and we are diverting funds to the indoor arena.

I wanted SA back, I've never hidden my admiration for him as a player, but I'm not suggesting we break the bank for him. However I go back to my point, without knowing the figures involved we can't say we couldn't agree terms, just that we wouldn't. And there is a difference.

The other point is I don't believe we waited til deadline day to make a move. Brooster is usually spot on with his info and he posted we'd made an offer weeks ago, SA himself has supposedly told players he was returning, so to me suggests we had agreed a deal and the wages we would have paid him.

We can go through the process though cant we, Celtic wanted to sell him to us, the price was obviously more than we were prepared to pay, so the loan deal was offered.

They then wanted us to pay more than we either thought it was worth or could afford, any other scenario would have had him at Hibs?

As for the rest of your post, i dont know how the transfer fee has been used from McGinn, whether we've spent money we knew we had coming in or or not. What i do know is we have spent a fair bit of money for us.

What purpose would it serve for us to keep any money just sitting there, rather than bringing in players that would help us on the park?

jeffers
02-09-2018, 12:00 PM
We can go through the process though cant we, Celtic wanted to sell him to us, the price was obviously more than we were prepared to pay, so the loan deal was offered.

They then wanted us to pay more than we either thought it was worth or could afford, any other scenario would have had him at Hibs?

As for the rest of your post, i dont know how the transfer fee has been used from McGinn, whether we've spent money we knew we had coming in or or not. What i do know is we have spent a fair bit of money for us.

What purpose would it serve for us to keep any money just sitting there, rather than bringing in players that would help us on the park?

Yes we can, again though Scott Allan appears to think the deal was a goer suggesting fees/wages had been agreed. Of course Celtic could have been dicks about it at the last minute putting LD in a position where she felt there was no option but to pull the deal.

We have spent money absolutely but thats on the back of record crowds, record season ticket sales, our best league position in years (and associated prize money) and a fee for Simon Murray. If we didn't spend this summer on the back of that when would we ? Even taking that into consideration we are still down on numbers and looking on paper to be a lot weaker.

I don't think we have money just sitting there. I'm suggesting we may be using the SJM fee to build the indoor arena LD said we are wanting. The figure quoted was £1M (which may well be pish) I'm not sure, given our income how we finance that without using the SJM fee. Of course I'm speculating but the priority for me would be a team on the park not a new indoor arena.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Yes we can, again though Scott Allan appears to think the deal was a goer suggesting fees/wages had been agreed. Of course Celtic could have been dicks about it at the last minute putting LD in a position where she felt there was no option but to pull the deal.

We have spent money absolutely but thats on the back of record crowds, record season ticket sales, our best league position in years (and associated prize money) and a fee for Simon Murray. If we didn't spend this summer on the back of that when would we ? Even taking that into consideration we are still down on numbers and looking on paper to be a lot weaker.

I don't think we have money just sitting there. I'm suggesting we may be using the SJM fee to build the indoor arena LD said we are wanting. The figure quoted was £1M (which may well be pish) I'm not sure, given our income how we finance that without using the SJM fee. Of course I'm speculating but the priority for me would be a team on the park not a new indoor arena.

Thats a different angle on it, as i have no idea how important or when we should be getting this thing built, although the club seem to want this done and the money has to come from somewhere?

ScottB
02-09-2018, 03:03 PM
There’s no guarantee that the McGinn fee came all in one go, or that money we spent beforehand wasn’t on the assumption he would go.

Plus, didn’t we run at a loss during our Championship exile?

Frustrating not to get Allan back, but I don’t think the reason is the Board wanting to enjoy looking at a large bank balance instead.

Eyrie
02-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Read my post and engage. What if your Aunty had baws. You seen Allan’s Celtic contract? As for me not having a clue. You have no clue what access l have to knowledge.

I note that you were unable to engage with your detailed knowledge of the fee Celtc wanted and the wage Allan is on, which confirms that you were speculating when you stated "Accounts will show we can afford it."

Mikey_1875
02-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Certainly could have done with a player like Allan yesterday. Our key players at the moment at least Mallan, Boyle and Horgan all seem to thrive on a large pitch where they have plenty space to run into and pick passes out to the wings. If Agyepong main attribute is pace he will be similar. We didnt have any room at all on a much smaller pitch and a packed midfield and defence that we couldn't get in behind. Crying out for a player in these games who can work tight spaces and thread the eye of a needle. I thought when Hyndman came on he is the type that could do that but hasn't shown much so far. Allan certainly would have made a difference yesterday IMO but nothing we can do about it now.

jacomo
02-09-2018, 09:09 PM

Because Celtc’s terms were unacceptable?

We were all happy we didn’t roll over when they low balled us over SJM. Should we have rolled over for Scott Allan?

Personally I am sad SA didn’t join us this summer - he’s a good player and he finally seems to appreciate us. But if Celtc were acting like fuds over a transfer then we have to say no.

SA should be asking his club wtf they are playing at.

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2018, 09:32 PM
The Livingston game yesterday is the type of game we struggled with for three years in the Championship. I feel that even with SJM Dylan and SA we might have struggled . The Livvy game plan as many on these threads will know is to get right in your face it is eleven versus eleven you have to fight for every ball every second of the ninety five minutes. They use everything to their advantage tight pitch squeeze space suffocate players waste time horrendous playing surface long ball long throws constant intimidation. Every minute is a running battle. It is not the type of surface that suits skilful ball players even Boyler struggled to make an impact as he struggled for space.It would have been nice to have had Scotty on board yesterday but I honestly feel the conditions and the type of game were not conducive to silky skills. The sooner we get Milligan onboard Bartley back for a more physical prescience in the middle of the park and two weeks with Lenny at East Mains the better. Other teams will find it tough to take anything from Livvy as Gary Holt will have them even better drilled.

majorhibs
02-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Thats a different angle on it, as i have no idea how important or when we should be getting this thing built, although the club seem to want this done and the money has to come from somewhere?

Different angle fi you as well, recall you anti infrastructure over team in past, but when it’s there for the takin, & it just gets back tae the “soon, when X is completed” & so much is in reach...

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Different angle fi you as well, recall you anti infrastructure over team in past, but when it’s there for the takin, & it just gets back tae the “soon, when X is completed” & so much is in reach...

But we are doing well, just because we've lost a match i'm not about to wet my breaks. We also have lots of players to come back from injury and who've just signed, why would i be bothered about anything at Hibs at the moment, we've not had a settled side out yet from day 1.

You do know we got relegated while we built all the infrastructure, if thats fine with you it certainly not fine by me. If we can build a new training pitch while getting the club at the right end of the league and punching our weight, i will still be happy, but what i wont do is slaughter the team or club 4 games into a new season when we dont even know our best side yet?

majorhibs
02-09-2018, 11:19 PM
But we are doing well, just because we've lost a match i'm not about to wet my breaks. We also have lots of players to come back from injury and who've just signed, why would i be bothered about anything at Hibs at the moment, we've not had a settled side out yet from day 1.

You do know we got relegated while we built all the infrastructure, if thats fine with you it certainly not fine by me. If we can build a new training pitch while getting the club at the right end of the league and punching our weight, i will still be happy, but what i wont do is slaughter the team or club 4 games into a new season when we dont even know our best side yet?

Schoolboy error fi someone minglin wi Engloids over long! Wet yer “breaks” indeed! 2nd observation- if ever, anyone’s coined the “should be punchin our wt for our size” line, it was either you or Tommy Cooper wi the Fez! I forget which, probs because you’re baith so barry at deliverin straight faced One Liners!

majorhibs
02-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Schoolboy error fi someone minglin wi Engloids over long! Wet yer “breaks” indeed! 2nd observation- if ever, anyone’s coined the “should be punchin our wt for our size” line, it was either you or Tommy Cooper wi the Fez! I forget which, probs because you’re baith so barry at deliverin straight faced One Liners!

All TC seriously of course!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2018, 11:26 PM

All TC seriously of course!

I thought i'd had a drink tonight? :faf:

Night night. xxx

majorhibs
02-09-2018, 11:34 PM
I thought i'd had a drink tonight? :faf:

Night night. xxx

Just afore lights out mind, you need to lighten up sometimes, course you’ve had a drink the nite, haven’t we all wi Livi haunting us again, but you mebbes need off the serious Gin etc stuff, does ye nae good, lighter beverages that set a lighter tone recommended! (Whatever that equates to in Blackpool, of course)

JimBHibees
03-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Rumours say Allan was raging a deal was pulled at the last minute to come here.

just take a minute to think about that. There is no way LD would do this without serious consideration. The only explanation is it’s down to money and someone on the other end of the deal at the last minute tried to take the pi55. She stood firm.

Im happy with that. But would loved it if we signed him. 😉

Undoubtedly would have been the reason. Fans need to back the club more in these situations.

we are hibs
03-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Scott Allan would walk into our midfield ahead of anyone in it right now. So to suggest "we didn't need him" is a load of nonsense. People are also harsh on his defensive performances. It doesn't come natural to him but his effort and work rate was ten times better than the player that left in 2015

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Scott Allan would walk into our midfield ahead of anyone in it right now. So to suggest "we didn't need him" is a load of nonsense. People are also harsh on his defensive performances. It doesn't come natural to him but his effort and work rate was ten times better than the player that left in 2015
Agree 100% Noticed a big difference in his work rate and attitude second time around looked happy to be here. After every game his top was covered in sweat. Will be sorely missed.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Hes free to talk to other clubs in January but hes going to have a lot of offers

Springbank
03-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Hes free to talk to other clubs in January but hes going to have a lot of offers

Seems neglectful from the Board to have let a HSL contributor like Scott Allan slip through the fingers when our midfield is the weakest in the top half of the league

I'm Spartacus
03-09-2018, 09:12 AM
I disagree that our squad won't miss Scott Allan. Class player who made space and life easier for others, difficult to replace these guys without spending real cash.

SirDavidsNapper
03-09-2018, 09:18 AM
We aren't signing Scott Allan any time soon. I don't think we even tried. Let's put it on the back burner until January.

Allant1981
03-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Seems neglectful from the Board to have let a HSL contributor like Scott Allan slip through the fingers when our midfield is the weakest in the top half of the league

does it? he was possibly wanting to much money or celtic were wanting to much for a loan deal, i doubt it was an easy decision not to sign him

hhibs
03-09-2018, 03:22 PM
We aren't signing Scott Allan any time soon. I don't think we even tried. Let's put it on the back burner until January.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I think it extremely unlikely we would get him,a missed opportunity in my view and would welcome knpwing exactly knowing IF it was balls upped by Hibs how it played out,

IWasThere2016
03-09-2018, 03:45 PM

I'm not too sure... he has not achieved anywhere and most clubs will consider this.

I disagree that our squad won't miss Scott Allan. Class player who made space and life easier for others, difficult to replace these guys without spending real cash.

He was always going to be missed :agree:

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I think it extremely unlikely we would get him,a missed opportunity in my view and would welcome knpwing exactly knowing IF it was balls upped by Hibs how it played out,
Agree 100% The whole episode is bound to have a left a bad taste would not be surprised if he looks elsewhere for more dough come January. I doubt if the full story will ever come out.

03-09-2018, 04:40 PM
I would have liked to have seen us get Allan back. When he's on his game he's a fantastic player who can pick out a pass just about anywhere and has so much pace and skill.

I dare say Celtic were holding onto him perhaps to have a bit of leverage over the McGinn situation and perhaps out of sour grapes have decided to play ball over giving us him. End of the day, Celtic don't need him and he's not in Rogers plans so why not free up the wage, Allan has stated he wants to come back to hibs and hibs are interested so all round it seems a logical move but we don't know for sure what was discussed behind closed doors.

I'd like to see us try again for him in January, he really is too good a player to be sitting up in the stands or playing for some reserve team especially at his age where he should really be in his prime.

wookie70
03-09-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm not Scott Allen's biggest fan but he would easily get in ahead of Mallan for me. Horgan looks decent and works hard so might be able to play in an 11 with Allen. Too late to bother no though as our lightweight army is decided and will have to battle it out against the hammer throwers that they will be up against

CorrieHibs
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Got to wonder what Allan is doing in training. Rodgers brought on Christie yesterday. I think Allan’s a better player than Christie.

Very strange.

Steven79
03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Is it possible to bring him in as an emergency loan or does that only apply to players under a certain age?

Keith_M
03-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Technically we could still get Allan on an Emergency Loan...

:hmmm:

EDIT: I need to read the earlier posts, especially the one directly before mine.

:greengrin

Haymaker
03-09-2018, 06:59 PM

:hyper

RoxburghHibs
03-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Thought that as just in lower leagues?

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Is he coming?

:dunno:

Callum7
07-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Is he coming?

Yes.

http://i66.tinypic.com/23tkyub.jpg

Hermit Crab
08-01-2019, 04:09 AM
Yes.

http://i66.tinypic.com/23tkyub.jpg

That means absolutely hee haw in terms of him signing for us mate.

Zazu62
08-01-2019, 04:58 AM
Splash the cash Hibs get him signed

Diclonius
08-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Is he coming?

No.

flash
08-01-2019, 06:52 AM
No.

Maybe.

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 06:52 AM
No.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:grr::brickwall

Diclonius
08-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Maybe.

Yes.

we are hibs
08-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Is Milligan up and running yet?

J-C
08-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Is Milligan up and running yet?

Played the whole game with the Australians against Jordan at the weekend, so I'd assume he was ok.

Brightside
08-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Got to wonder what Allan is doing in training. Rodgers brought on Christie yesterday. I think Allan’s a better player than Christie.

Very strange.

He’s not.

DetroitHibs
08-01-2019, 08:01 AM
In hindsight, I wish we'd offered Celtic McGinn for Allan and Christie. Could have had Celtic settle with the players and signed them permanently.

BSEJVT
08-01-2019, 08:10 AM
In hindsight, I wish we'd offered Celtic McGinn for Allan and Christie. Could have had Celtic settle with the players and signed them permanently.

I don't think we would even needed to have gone that far to get both, we would probably also have got a wedge of cash as well.

Fly in the ointment would have been their wages though

There were however an awful lot of folk on this board who didn't rate Christie at all in the summer when this type of chat first reared its head

calumhibee1
08-01-2019, 08:10 AM
He’s not.

Allan’s performances at Hibs last season are better than anything Christie has produced imo.

calumhibee1
08-01-2019, 08:12 AM

I’ve wondered the same recently. As much as we all wanted him to go anywhere other than Celtic it could have been more beneficial to us to go for a cash plus Christie & Allan type deal from Celtic. Easy to say in hindsight I suppose.

jeffers
08-01-2019, 08:20 AM
I’ve wondered the same recently. As much as we all wanted him to go anywhere other than Celtic it could have been more beneficial to us to go for a cash plus Christie & Allan type deal from Celtic. Easy to say in hindsight I suppose.

I was thinking the same, but seeing him against us in a Celtic top would have been tough to take. Ultimately if he moves from Villa and there is a big sell on, that may be more beneficial to us. If he keeps playing as he has and Villa don't get up it wouldn't surprise me if some EPL clubs show some interest.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 08:23 AM
Tom rogics broke his hand...hope it doesnt scupper our plans for scott allan

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2019, 08:59 AM
I was thinking the same, but seeing him against us in a Celtic top would have been tough to take. Ultimately if he moves from Villa and there is a big sell on, that may be more beneficial to us. If he keeps playing as he has and Villa don't get up it wouldn't surprise me if some EPL clubs show some interest.

I honestly think McGinn is better than Celtic. He'll be an EPL player in a season or two with Villa or not which like you say will make us a lot of money.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2019, 09:11 AM

McGregor and Arzani are ahead of him.

Souter96Mac
08-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Wouldn't have thought so, or else Scott would have been involved in the old firm game.

Celtic have already brought in Burke and Weah, I can see them bringing in 2/3 more. This will push the likes of Scott and Morgan further down the pecking order.

GreenCastle
08-01-2019, 09:13 AM
When was the last time he played 90 mins ?

Has he been getting any game time for Celtic Dev team ?

Jim44
08-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Given that Allan can’t get the slightest sniff of a place in their match squads, I doubt if instant promotion is on the cards for him.

w pilton hibby
08-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Brendan has plenty choice of midfielders

Nir Bitton

Scott Brown

Scott Sinclair

Jonny Hayes

Lewis Morgan

Ryan Christie

Tom Rogic

Scott Allan

Olivier Ntcham

Kundai Benyu

Callum McGregor

James Forrest

Eboue Kouassi

Youssouf Mulumbu

Oliver Burke

Greenbeard
08-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Will the Board foot The Bill for Scott Allan? If the recruitment team is on a Shoestring budget, they might need to adopt The Gentle Touch and go Softly Softly. But when the Chips are down, The Persuaders need to get the job done like The Professionals they are. If there is any sign of an Upstairs Downstairs rift at Hibs then Lennon needs to speak to Dempster And Make Peace with a good Hart to Hart. Dempster will Mind'er Ps and Qs but will Lennon? If not, he might be up The Sweeney.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Will the Board foot The Bill for Scott Allan? If the recruitment team is on a Shoestring budget, they might need to adopt The Gentle Touch and go Softly Softly. But when the Chips are down, The Persuaders need to get the job done like The Professionals they are. If there is any sign of an Upstairs Downstairs rift at Hibs then Lennon needs to speak to Dempster And Make Peace with a good Hart to Hart. Dempster will Mind'er Ps and Qs but will Lennon? If not, he might be up The Sweeney.

I hope they show plenty of Endeavour to attract him to Easter Road because most of the fans would have Allan back in a Heartbeat.

However, as always, the Prime Suspect in all of this is Rod Petrie.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Scott really is a must if we are to catch our neighbours, alongside Gauld, Allan would help up to get a few wins home and away, that would help us in the chase for Europe.

I realise planet earth is getting smaller, but hopefully we dont sign anymore Australians that might be wanted down under, as injuries like Boyle playing for them could send some folk over the tipping point regarding some of the signing strategy, i feel we dont have to look that far as britains got talent.

Hopefully us getting away to a place in the sun, can get us back on track and any new signings start against Elgin as players who will be in our A team.

Greenbeard
08-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Scott really is a must if we are to catch our neighbours, alongside Gauld, Allan would help up to get a few wins home and away, that would help us in the chase for Europe.

I realise planet earth is getting smaller, but hopefully we dont sign anymore Australians that might be wanted down under, as injuries like Boyle playing for them could send some folk over the tipping point regarding some of the signing strategy, i feel we dont have to look that far as britains got talent.

Hopefully us getting away to a place in the sun, can get us back on track and any new signings start against Elgin as players who will be in our A team.
I think I got 9?

Nameless
08-01-2019, 11:37 AM
I think I got 9?I only got 8, did you count "Australians"?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
08-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Played the whole game with the Australians against Jordan at the weekend, so I'd assume he was ok.

He was looking off the pace before he went away The last time he went to training camp he just didn't look the same player when he came back My worry would be same thing happens and we just can't afford that again Great when he fist arrived and his appearances coincided with us going on an unbeaten run But not sure what's happened since then unless chopping and changing team has led to dip in his form along with others when we have had key players missing through injury

jeffers
08-01-2019, 11:41 AM
I honestly think McGinn is better than Celtic. He'll be an EPL player in a season or two with Villa or not which like you say will make us a lot of money.

Totally agree. In the end he himself viewed Villa as a better option and I can't imagine he'd feel comfortable playing against us despite how professional he is.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 11:43 AM
I think I got 9?

:greengrin

I only got 8, did you count "Australians"?

Anyone else hearing anything about Frasier Fyvie? :wink:

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 11:49 AM
I only got 8, did you count "Australians"?

9 in total . Good effort BH!

Neighbours
Home and Away
The Chase
Planet Earth
Wanted Down Under
Tipping Point
Britain's got Talent
Place in the Sun
A Team

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 11:58 AM
With Bartley injured, and Milligan away i think we could do with a midfield minder, making up with celtic and becoming friends again might solve that conundrum?

We will probably need to be wheeler dealers as usual this window, but things will probably as usual go down to the wire, with the last 48 hours crucial to how good or bad this window is.

Some of our loan deals have been pointless, but some loan deals like Allan are great, but i guess we will all be glued to sky sports news hoping we bring in good players loan or permanent.

Our taskmaster certainly has a job on his hands, he's tried everything to get a tune out of these players, hopefully a winger will come in with some new tricks that will get us off our feet at ER.

Jim44
08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
I think some of you guys are talking up our ‘title’ chances too much. All we need are decent home and away results.

Keith_M
08-01-2019, 12:37 PM

I believe the opposition played with two very prominent assets up front.

jacomo
08-01-2019, 12:56 PM
I believe the opposition played with two very prominent assets up front.

Think they’ve retired mate.

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Totally agree. In the end he himself viewed Villa as a better option and I can't imagine he'd feel comfortable playing against us despite how professional he is.

Yeah it's clear he has real affection for Hibs which is great with him not being of a Hibs background. Think that's the case with most of the cup winning squad, especially the ones that were there from the start of our Championship "journey".