PDA

View Full Version : new job

Babyshamble
01-09-2018, 01:46 AM
After 2 years of not working due to anxiety & depression,I got myself a job.great money.great time off.there's a good chance I will be asked to do the weekend shifts as the union rejected the pay offer for a7 day week ive got 2 choices.reject the weekend job,go back on the dole watch hibs .or take it.get good money & get my life back on track financially.I'm a st holder that's fully paid.any advice would be great.cheers 👍

OsloHibs
01-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Take the job for sure. You can see Hibs at night games and maybe they won't need you every weekend. Good luck👍

SRHibs
01-09-2018, 02:00 AM
Would defo take the job. Starting a new job is anxiety-inducing for the vast majority, so it’s probably doubly so for yourself. I know I found it difficult after being off work for similar reasons. Will be rewarding when you get back into the working life though, and Hibs will always be there!

col02
01-09-2018, 03:17 AM
Take the job. Hibs will always be there as and when you are available to watch them while a good job isn't always going to appear.

Forza Fred
01-09-2018, 03:43 AM
Take the job....no brainer!

Time For Heroes
01-09-2018, 05:44 AM
Take the job 100%
Getting your life back on track has to come before everything imo.
Good luck

I'm_cabbaged
01-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Take the job mate, remember it’s easier to get a job when you’re in employment. 😉 there’s always a chance that the shift patterns might change. A massive step in the right direction, congratulations!!!!

eastcoasthibby
01-09-2018, 06:15 AM
Take the job..... easy decision being a Hibby won't change and opportunities will be there to see Hibs ....

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2018, 06:17 AM
Take the job mate. Do yourself a favour. The club the stadium and the HIBS family will always be there for you. I remember one spell last season there was one period where it seemed HIBS did not have a home game for about six weeks. My wife was convinced it was some sort of rip off conspiracy. Take the job it will boost your health and your bank balance. You can always jack it when we get into the CL! :wink:

lyonhibs
01-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Take the job 110%. Being on the dole is hell.

Famousfivehh
01-09-2018, 06:58 AM
Take the job. Things change within roles.
Well done and good luck.

H18 SFR
01-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Congratulations on getting the job and your life back on track.

Hibs will always be there for you, the short term pain of missing some games is worth the gain.

.Sean.
01-09-2018, 07:04 AM
Take the job mate 100%. I’ve missed more Hibs games over the last two seasons than I did the previous ten due to changing my role at work which required callouts and weekend work, and between that and saving for a house deposit I get to about half the games I used to and to begin with it was as frustrating but you adapt. It won’t be forever though as circumstances change but Hibs will always be there and you can pick them back up ‘full time’ for want of a better phrase in the near future. Good luck pal :aok:

CLASS OF 72 -73
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Wish I could afford a ST being on the dole?

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 07:23 AM

saved up maybe? why the dig?

Speedy
01-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Definitely take the job. You'll still get to see some games.

Hibeesmad
01-09-2018, 07:29 AM
Take the job and book off the Scottish Cup Final as a holiday.. :wink:

heretoday
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Take the job for heaven's sake.

Ringothedog
01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Hibs every time.................nah take the job, there are some things that just need to be done to get a life back on track 👍

Jones28
01-09-2018, 07:44 AM

***** patter, take it elsewhere.

Jones28
01-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Take the job mate, the Hibs will always be here when you get the chance.

Bangkok Hibby
01-09-2018, 07:50 AM
After 2 years of not working due to anxiety & depression,I got myself a job.great money.great time off.there's a good chance I will be asked to do the weekend shifts as the union rejected the pay offer for a7 day week ive got 2 choices.reject the weekend job,go back on the dole watch hibs .or take it.get good money & get my life back on track financially.I'm a st holder that's fully paid.any advice would be great.cheers 👍

Really, dump the job, stay on the dole. Are you going to listen to my advice? Of course not. I'm sure you know the answer yourself.

Time For Heroes
01-09-2018, 07:56 AM

Pathetic

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Take the job mate 100%. I’ve missed more Hibs games over the last two seasons than I did the previous ten due to changing my role at work which required callouts and weekend work, and between that and saving for a house deposit I get to about half the games I used to and to begin with it was as frustrating but you adapt. It won’t be forever though as circumstances change but Hibs will always be there and you can pick them back up ‘full time’ for want of a better phrase in the near future. Good luck pal :aok:

:agree: Spot on mate.

I guess the OP is “having a wobble” more due to his anxiety issues - I admit to not really understanding much in that area but take the leap and hopefully it’ll help to turn your life round.

heid the baw
01-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Bottom line is that you have to put yourself and your family first. Employment gives you money which gives you greater opportunities and choices in life.
The reality is that Hibs don't give 2 hoots whether you are at the games or not. That goes for any club in any sport. We often attach to things that, when we step back and look at it, are not really that important in the big scheme of things.
Enjoy your job. Good luck for the future and don't worry about Hibs, it's just football and you won't be missing much. Plenty folk work weekends.

Speedway
01-09-2018, 08:17 AM

Not every thought in the head needs to be a post on .net.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Take the job. You'll always be a Hibby.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
01-09-2018, 08:39 AM
First of all congratulations on getting your life back on track. I'm sure it's been a long hard road and you deserve a lot of credit for turning things round. You should definitely take this job. If you don't you may find yourself in a position where you have the time to watch Hibs but without the means to do so anyway. Presumably you won't have to do every weekend if it's shifts and there always midweek games too, so I'm sure you'll still get to see a few games.

GloryGlory
01-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Take the job mate, remember it’s easier to get a job when you’re in employment. 😉 there’s always a chance that the shift patterns might change. A massive step in the right direction, congratulations!!!!

This. :agree:

Take the job - the rest of us will give an extra cheer at games on your behalf.
:flag:

As the poster says, you can look to move on to a job with more convenient hours from a stronger position if you are already employed.

Congratulations on your success in getting the job offer in what must have been difficult circumstances - you are obviously a person of some strength and character!

GloryGlory
01-09-2018, 08:48 AM
saved up maybe? why the dig?

Or maybe helped out by family and friends. Either way, must have involved considerable personal sacrifice.

southern hibby
01-09-2018, 09:27 AM
seriously take the job. It can lead to another job we’re you can come back and watch Hibs. If it’s a good job, good pay then it really is worth taking.

GGTTH

Eyrie
01-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Congratulations on the new job.

Might sound like heresy on a fans forum, but real life is more important than football.

lapsedhibee
01-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Take the job, work your way up to MD, buy the SPFL, change the fixtures to suit yourself.

lapsedhibee
01-09-2018, 10:46 AM

why the dig?
And equally importantly, why the AQI?

IncredibleHibee
01-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Take the job. Really well done on being able to apply for and get a job. It will have been a very long road for you and you should feel extremely proud of yourself. As you will know there will be bumps along the way, especially getting used to life with a job again and all that it entails, but try and use your darkest times as reminders of what being truely in a bad place is and use it as a comfort as to what you know you can overcome. Well done again and keep on grinding!

:hibees

Bandito59
01-09-2018, 10:54 AM

Are you being deliberately malicious or trying to be funny? I hope that if you ever suffer from mental health issues people are more understanding towards you.

Stantons Angel
01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
well done on getting a job you like and are managing to keep down, despite your issues.

the job has to come first my friend. thats the only way you are going to afford to go watch the Hibs in your spare time.

as others have said Hibs will always be there!

the only way is UP!!!!

Killiehibbie
01-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Watching football never paid the rent for many people.

Clarence
01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
And equally importantly, why the AQI?

What is AQI?

Lago
01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
No brainer, job equalls self worth & the way fixtures get moved around you'll have plenty opportunity to see hibs. Good luck & stick with it 👍

Just Alf
01-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Keep the job 100%. Ok the union thing didnt happen this time but nowt stays the same forever. You could always use the odd day of annual leave to let you get to some of the tastier games... im in the exact same position and That's how I work it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Life first, football second. No brainer really, best of luck in your new start.

lapsedhibee
01-09-2018, 01:41 PM
What is AQI?

Making statements as if they're questions by raising the voice towards the end. Or putting a question mark at the end of a sentence when it's uncalled for. It's a pet peeve of a few on here?

CMurdoch
01-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Life first, football second. No brainer really, best of luck in your new start.

You have done the hard bit.
Well done.
Keep your nerve now.
You need this job and all the good guys and girls on here are right behind you :aok:.

Babyshamble
01-09-2018, 02:57 PM

My dad paid for it.

SirDavidsNapper
01-09-2018, 03:08 PM
What is AQI?

Was hoping someone would ask 😂

Hibs90
01-09-2018, 03:11 PM
My dad paid for it.

Don't need to justify yourself to them mate.

Clarence
01-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Making statements as if they're questions by raising the voice towards the end. Or putting a question mark at the end of a sentence when it's uncalled for. It's a pet peeve of a few on here?

Yeah that pisses me off too. So does this...

@Libertine well done on smashing those obstacles and getting the job. The job will help improve your health and that is far more important than football.

Allant1981
01-09-2018, 03:58 PM

except mine were questions so not quite sure why you quoted me

Hibby70
01-09-2018, 04:19 PM
Wish I had a job that meant I had to work weekends after todays result

kaimendhibs
01-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Job 100 per cent mate

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Fife-Hibee
01-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Always time to get your life back on track. In the mean time, why not delve further into despair by continuing to attend Hibs matches? :greengrin

Pssst.... take the job! :wink:

WeeRussell
02-09-2018, 08:57 AM
except mine were questions so not quite sure why you quoted me

He quoted you as you asked why the dig, which he agreed with and then posed another question on the same previous post.

It wasn’t a pop at you, just used your post to give clear context to his.

Allant1981
02-09-2018, 09:06 AM
He quoted you as you asked why the dig, which he agreed with and then posed another question on the same previous post.

It wasn’t a pop at you, just used your post to give clear context to his.

i obviously picked him up wrong so apologies to the poster

Babyshamble
02-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Massive thanks for all the comments.theres a good chance I'm getting taken on full time.cheers lads 👍

Time For Heroes
02-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Massive thanks for all the comments.theres a good chance I'm getting taken on full time.cheers lads 👍

Well done mate. Onwards and upwards.
Good luck with it all

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Well done mate! Best result this weekend 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Pagan Hibernia
02-09-2018, 11:45 PM
Massive thanks for all the comments.theres a good chance I'm getting taken on full time.cheers lads ��

well done mate.

Never let your football club distract you from the most important things in life.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2018, 12:07 AM
My dad paid for it.

Which is your business and nobody else's mate …. you shouldn't feel the need to respond to a pig ignorant comment like that one.

Well done on getting the job, I know as well as anybody how difficult it is to face up to life when you are suffering from mental health problems like anxiety or depression, so this is definitely a step in the right direction. As other folk have said, Hibs will always be there and hopefully you will still be able to make a few games a season. Being constrained by work, finances or family commitments from being a regular attender at matches doesn't make you or anybody else less of a Hibs fan than those of us lucky enough not to have those problems … never ever think it does.

Take the job and the very best of luck to you :aok: