PDA

View Full Version : Thread deleted

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2018, 10:48 PM
After about two minutes?

Was the subject of my post the same as the thread posted by Blackpool Hibs this afternoon and also deleted by the admins? .. I am genuinely asking because I didn't get a chance to read his thread, but it was entitled 'Facebook Page' which makes me wonder if it was.

My main question is, why is this subject deemed not appropriate for a forum for people who not only support Hibernian football club but are concerned about its image and welfare? We are all adults and IMO my question was formulated in such a way as to encourage as much as possible reasoned responses around the general theme rather than the individual .. whose identity I was unfortunately unable to delete from my copy of his tweet.

Even though support for his POV may be small there is some there and as someone who is opposed to it I was merely trying to ascertain what the general attitude of Hibs supporters is to this sort of thing. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Elephant Stone
31-08-2018, 10:51 PM
It was set to be a cracker of a thread

Diclonius
31-08-2018, 10:54 PM
What is this all about?

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2018, 11:03 PM
It was set to be a cracker of a thread

Almost certainly mate. But I didn't post it in haste or to court controversy, in fact I have spent two days mulling over whether I should or not. But in my opinion this is a subject which needs to be debated. Whether we like it or not there is a small but vocal element within our support who want to see Hibs and the Hibs support used as a vehicle for not only Irish politics, but as the tweet I quoted (which is also the subject of a facebook discussion) suggests for wider political issues, namely the Israeli Palestinian conflict.

In view of the fact that the tweet in question was aimed at Leeann Dempster and threatened direct action against the club unless Hibs capitulated to a certain demand I think that is something that should be of concern to all of us and shouldn't just be swept under the carpet. It was my genuine hope to have a thread on this forum confirming my opinion that any of this attempted politicisation of the club, and especially its support, should be nipped in the bud quick smart.

Hibs4185
31-08-2018, 11:07 PM
As someone who checks .net literally a hundred times a day,
I seemed to have missed this thread.

What was it???

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2018, 11:10 PM
As someone who checks .net literally a hundred times a day,
I seemed to have missed this thread.

What was it???

Out of respect for the admins on here, who I think actually do a very good job for the vast majority of the time I wont repeat it verbatim … see my post above for the general idea.

matty_f
31-08-2018, 11:10 PM
The thread was deleted because we felt it was unlikely that it would have been discussed without it turning into advise at someone who has no right of reply on this forum, and would have required considerable moderation.

I understand why you raised it, but specifically because of the colour nature of the subject discussed and the people potentially involved, it's not for this forum.